DarkLight103

Sep 24, 2018
Quick question... On Ancilla's route how can you talk to her to help her? I have already told her that she's cute(and she is very cute btw) but i can't figure it out... and i have checked the wiki as well but while helpful i'm still confused... Thanks for your time! and sorry for being a bit clueless...

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question... On Ancilla's route how can you talk to her to help her? I have already told her that she's cute(and she is very cute btw) but i can't figure it out... and i have checked the wiki as well but while helpful i'm still confused... Thanks for your time! and sorry for being a bit clueless...
Memory's a bit mushy so I'll go take a look at her JSON files...
This may not be a complete list. And yes, the progress bonuses are one-time only.
(Her progress event is Forest Dungeon Nexus, should you need to directly tamper with that.)

Visiting Sofia:
- Take Ancilla's quest then defeat Sofia: +10 the first time, +10 the second time, +5 the third time.
- Tell her you are here to learn more about monster girls (+5)

With a progress of 25 or greater (-25 will make her refuse to talk to you), talk about the following topics:
- Sofia? (+1)
- Imps? (+1)
- Matango? (+1)
- Blue Slimes? (+1)
- Why are you working for Sofia? (+1)

More topics and events:
- Tell her she's cute (+5)
- Ask her about unlimited pillow works (+2)
- Ask her about a random fact (+2 the first time)
- Tell her humans and monsters should be able to get along (+3)
- Help her clean the dungeon (+1)
- Help her with the pillows (+5 the first time, then +3) - don't fail on purpose or you will get -3, if you lack the stats, just have her help you.

Stray monster girls:
- Do not punish the imp (+5)
- Suggest the slime should stay and help (+1 twice), then you need 15 Allure to convince the slime to work (+3)
- During the imp party event, either ban them all from fun (+10) or ask Ancilla for mercy on the imps (requires 20 Allure and gives +9)

It's recommended to go with mercy on the imps if you have 20 Allure (and you should at this point), as banning them from fun will make them mad at you. Very mad.

This should give you more than enough progress to unlock pretty much any dialogue option, but whatever you do, do not be unfair to monster girls and do not go full pervert.

DarkLight103

Sep 24, 2018
Thank you so much! I finally got to the rest! Thank you!

Also... i thought that some of the encounters were accessible while you explore... arg... Anyways.
Thanks again you're a true hero my friend!

Gradedhades

Aug 28, 2018
hiya never had a chance to play this as i just downloaded it for the first time and it keeps coming up with this every time i open it, it is still the same no matter what i change Capture.PNG

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
hiya never had a chance to play this as i just downloaded it for the first time and it keeps coming up with this every time i open it, it is still the same no matter what i change View attachment 1200167
Based on the documentation, you could try pressing Shift+G and selecting a different accelerator and seeing it it works, if you can't find one that does it's likely your machine is just too old to handle the engine at this point (support for a software renderer was removed in 7.4).

Reactions: Nevart and L30

Oct 26, 2017
Based on the documentation, you could try pressing Shift+G and selecting a different accelerator and seeing it it works, if you can't find one that does it's likely your machine is just too old to handle the engine at this point (support for a software renderer was removed in 7.4).
Didn't know about software accel/rendering being dropped, thanks for the info.
Here's what the graphics accel choice looked like back in 2013...
_.png

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
those are currently no longer attainable without some file changing. go to the Inn's bar, it would've been the 3rd option, "sit down and order food". all the options used to have unique temporary perks for what you ate. the perks are still hidden in the game files, but they were effectively replaced by the Food perks you can get from meals made by Belle.
I see that it was from an older version. Belle's food experiments took over for the better I guess? Since it gives you something to do at least to get the perk.
Memory's a bit mushy so I'll go take a look at her JSON files...
This may not be a complete list. And yes, the progress bonuses are one-time only.
(Her progress event is Forest Dungeon Nexus, should you need to directly tamper with that.)

Visiting Sofia:
- Take Ancilla's quest then defeat Sofia: +10 the first time, +10 the second time, +5 the third time.
- Tell her you are here to learn more about monster girls (+5)

With a progress of 25 or greater (-25 will make her refuse to talk to you), talk about the following topics:
- Sofia? (+1)
- Imps? (+1)
- Matango? (+1)
- Blue Slimes? (+1)
- Why are you working for Sofia? (+1)

More topics and events:
- Tell her she's cute (+5)
- Ask her about unlimited pillow works (+2)
- Ask her about a random fact (+2 the first time)
- Tell her humans and monsters should be able to get along (+3)
- Help her clean the dungeon (+1)
- Help her with the pillows (+5 the first time, then +3) - don't fail on purpose or you will get -3, if you lack the stats, just have her help you.

Stray monster girls:
- Do not punish the imp (+5)
- Suggest the slime should stay and help (+1 twice), then you need 15 Allure to convince the slime to work (+3)
- During the imp party event, either ban them all from fun (+10) or ask Ancilla for mercy on the imps (requires 20 Allure and gives +9)

It's recommended to go with mercy on the imps if you have 20 Allure (and you should at this point), as banning them from fun will make them mad at you. Very mad.

This should give you more than enough progress to unlock pretty much any dialogue option, but whatever you do, do not be unfair to monster girls and do not go full pervert.
Currently on a new game right now on Hard mode and it is indeed Hard with the very few stat points that requires you to focus on 2-3 main stats and carefully picking the right skills as well.

If there ever was an Ancilla Dakimakura/Body Pillow, I would look out for it and probably wishlist it since I can't buy it yet. Actually I think making merchandise based on the monster girls themselves might be profitable if done right.

AlbyGona

Jul 11, 2018
So, I have an issue that comes up when I try to run the new 23.7a game where it won't even let me open the game, it just throws this at me when I start it, and it comes up in a notepad file:
error2.PNG
What possible fixes are there for this?

Oct 26, 2017
So, I have an issue that comes up when I try to run the new 23.7a game where it won't even let me open the game, it just throws this at me when I start it, and it comes up in a notepad file:
View attachment 1200863
What possible fixes are there for this?
Looks like a corrupt SkillsDatabase to me but I may as well be completely wrong. You didn't mix up different installs, right?
Try moving your save folder out (also move - or just wipe - your %LOCALAPPDATA% ones) and see if the game boots up.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
- Elly's progress changes (allowing the player in at night and offering to help with sexperiments just for science) will allow the player to confront Venefica earlier than intended, without Venefica growing suspicious, unless the player keeps asking about the same topics
- Elly can be visited at night even if Venefica has not yet grown suspicious and even before she gets at a high enough progress level (the intel can also be given to her at this point)
- As stated above, as long as the player asks Venefica each intel-worthy question only once, she's unlikely to go whodunnit and they can confront her with Elly without this ever happening.
Er... I'm not, fully sure what you mean?
None of Elly's experiments at home, even if access early, apply anything to the Venefica progress?
And so long as you've been to the store you should be able to report in. It doesn't have to do with Venefica being suspicious?
And she was already suspicious of Elly ahead of time, and as it is you only need 25 progress for confrontation to become available, but it's possible it should be a little higher.
But I'm guessing you mean some of the dialogue doesn't match up?

Very likely working as intended (to avoid breaking routes and have exception handlers) but just making sure:
- Repeating Elly's initial sample gifting will not give extra progress but still takes 1 away from the player's inventory
- Venefica's findom intentions and sugary bittersweet nature give a lot of progress, making it hard for the player to be hated even if they do try their best to make her super pissed (and/or banned from the confectionary) without ever bringing up the findom topic at all or using any "deeply" findom-related option (including, but not limited to, buying a metric fuckton of cheap sweets and telling her they're meant for friends instead of outright going "milk my wallet dry")
First is working as intended.
Second is more so that Venefica

- Sigil progress bonuses may abruptly trigger during ongoing events for all routes, potentially breaking them
- Elly will switch to the second array of samples right after at least once of the available samples has been gifted even if the player has not yet been doing extended shifts; the issue is this reverts to the previous array (with all of the samples already given) and the "congratulations for testing all of them" trigger is one-time only, so she's effectively stuck on that page here (I've been trying to reproduce this or at least switch back without directly changing code or injecting console commands)
Just gonna mention I did fix these now for the next update.

Oct 26, 2017
Er... I'm not, fully sure what you mean?
None of Elly's experiments at home, even if access early, apply anything to the Venefica progress?
And so long as you've been to the store you should be able to report in. It doesn't have to do with Venefica being suspicious?
And she was already suspicious of Elly ahead of time, and as it is you only need 25 progress for confrontation to become available, but it's possible it should be a little higher.
But I'm guessing you mean some of the dialogue doesn't match up?

First is working as intended.
Second is more so that Venefica [surprise]

Just gonna mention I did fix these now for the next update.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to everything as usual Threshold. :)

Guess I misphrased the first one so it likely was very confusing. I'm aware Elly's experiments don't directly affect the 'Bon Bon Bun' progress (since they're tied to Elly's progress), what I meant here is that, indeed, there is an "at night" dialogue collision depending on player's progress with Elly (not Venefica) beforehand. That one is pretty minor though.

As for the confrontation, this just makes it a "missable" Venefica interaction for the player (and is one of many incorrect entries in the wiki, so this is why I almost always check the code directly), so thanks for clarifying on the fact that it is intended that Venefica does NOT have to ask who sent the player for it to happen.

Thanks again for all the fixes and your time spent on this project, really appreciated!

Reactions: Nevart

Oct 26, 2017
Double post but just in case Threshold hasn't fixed this yet:
Eep. Full body mirror breaks Night Mistress Tabitha.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seven more years of doom, but what's seven years to us non-humans anyway?
Just in case someone ran into this, fixed that one myself. Yes, this is one of the issues with huge Ren'py jump labels.
"Ask about her full body mirror, and not noticing her rather lewd outfit." attempts to jump to a label that does not exist, as this is the one instead:
JSON:
"NameOfScene": "Ask about her full body mirror and how she doesn't notice her revealing outfit.",
To keep things consistent, rename the former to "Ask about her full body mirror and how she doesn't notice her revealing outfit." and the event should no longer break.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Guess I misphrased the first one so it likely was very confusing. I'm aware Elly's experiments don't directly affect the 'Bon Bon Bun' progress (since they're tied to Elly's progress), what I meant here is that, indeed, there is an "at night" dialogue collision depending on player's progress with Elly (not Venefica) beforehand. That one is pretty minor though.
Uh... where? lol

Double post but just in case Threshold hasn't fixed this yet:Just in case someone ran into this, fixed that one myself. Yes, this is one of the issues with huge Ren'py jump labels.
"Ask about her full body mirror, and not noticing her rather lewd outfit." attempts to jump to a label that does not exist, as this is the one instead:
JSON:
"NameOfScene": "Ask about her full body mirror and how she doesn't notice her revealing outfit.",
To keep things consistent, rename the former to "Ask about her full body mirror and how she doesn't notice her revealing outfit." and the event should no longer break.
Yeah I've already got that fixed for the next update for a bit now. : D

Oct 26, 2017
Uh... where? lol
Once progress with Elly hits 30 (just checked the code), she'll give access to her room at night, and RoomAccessGive apparently did not process the UnlockedCandyStore check here, though the code looks fine to me so I honestly don't know what happened. She just acted like we were not in the quest.
Yeah I've already got that fixed for the next update for a bit now. : D
That's nice to hear! Better safe than sorry, sorry if it had already been mentioned a long time ago...

(Also ran into a rather confusing one calling the church prayer event call right upon entering the Caverns, so I'll make sure everything is fine here too.)

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Once progress with Elly hits 30 (just checked the code), she'll give access to her room at night, and RoomAccessGive apparently did not process the UnlockedCandyStore check here, though the code looks fine to me so I honestly don't know what happened. She just acted like we were not in the quest.That's nice to hear! Better safe than sorry, sorry if it had already been mentioned a long time ago...

(Also ran into a rather confusing one calling the church prayer event call right upon entering the Caverns, so I'll make sure everything is fine here too.)
Weird.
But it's possible that it's due to a glitch I recently fixed that involved loading up outside of town on an update, and then getting yeeted back into town.
I have a feeling this could mess with locational save data.

Cause aside from that it all looks fine.

Reactions: L30

Oct 26, 2017
Just a minor inconsistency (keyword: minor :)) due to how level-up loops are processed - statPointIncreases will always be 2 due to an incorrect operator, so python will never enter the else branch.

combat.rpy, line 1864 in the current version:
Python:
        if statPointIncreases == 2:
            $ display += "Gained two stat points!"
        else:
            $ display += "Gained " + str(statPointIncreases) + " stat points!"
Just need to change combat.rpy, line 1809 in the current version:
Python:
        $ statPointIncreases = 2
to:
Python:
        $ statPointIncreases += 2
Unless you plan to revamp the combat system to give less than 2 points, you could also just use this for display:
Python:
        $ display += "Gained " + str(statPointIncreases) + " stat points!"
Hope this helps and apologies if I'm stepping on toes here Threshold, please let me know!
(And yes, don't worry, tested it. I never give minifixes I don't test beforehand.)

AlbyGona

Jul 11, 2018
Looks like a corrupt SkillsDatabase to me but I may as well be completely wrong. You didn't mix up different installs, right?
Try moving your save folder out (also move - or just wipe - your %LOCALAPPDATA% ones) and see if the game boots up.
I didn't mix up installs. All I did was move the mods folder from the previous one to the new one and that's it. It's always worked for me, and the only times the game bugged out on me before was because of a mod not being properly updated.

Tried moving the saves out from %APPDATA% and nothing happened, I still get that same error.

EDIT: One thing I HAVE figured out is that it seems like mods break the game entirely for me. Trying to narrow down which ones are the culprits, but I'll see if there's any updates available for them first.

EDIT 2: Lesson learned that any types of errors can come up with broken mods. So that no one else has to go through the same trouble:
-If you are using mods, PLEASE make sure you either update them, or put them off to the side while you wait for an update for the mods to come out whenever MGD gets updated.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't mix up installs. All I did was move the mods folder from the previous one to the new one and that's it. It's always worked for me, and the only times the game bugged out on me before was because of a mod not being properly updated.

Tried moving the saves out from %APPDATA% and nothing happened, I still get that same error.
...which brings us to the thing I should have immediately deduced but I'm dumb...
EDIT: One thing I HAVE figured out is that it seems like mods break the game entirely for me. Trying to narrow down which ones are the culprits, but I'll see if there's any updates available for them first.

EDIT 2: Lesson learned that any types of errors can come up with broken mods. So that no one else has to go through the same trouble:
-If you are using mods, PLEASE make sure you either update them, or put them off to the side while you wait for an update for the mods to come out whenever MGD gets updated.
This. Crap, I completely forgot about mods. They are not supposed to follow Threshold's workflow so yes, unless it's just minor dialogue changes, this can cause big breakage. Sorry for misleading you with saves.

Meanwhile...

Was tempted to go with something like this (singular vs plural dialogue minifix) in combat.rpy:
Python:
        if perkIncreases > 0:
            $ display += "\nGained " + str(perkIncreases) + " perk point"
            if perkIncreases > 1:
                $ display += "s"
            $ display += "!"
but for the sake of code consistency, this probably is much better:
Python:
        if perkIncreases == 1:
            $ display += "\nGained a perk point!"
        elif perkIncreases > 0:
            $ display += "\nGained " + str(perkIncreases) + " perk points!"
EDIT because no to doubleposts:

Also, in case you like (or don't like) having the player's name on top of your savefiles without changing the code itself - either this was changed at some point or I save-anonymized myself and then forgot about it:
Python:
## Shift+O and then pick one.
> save_name = player.name
> save_name = ""
(Was blank here, possibly self-side-intentional. Character creation copy so the strings should be identical by default.)

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes