Oct 26, 2017
Full Save plss?
You will have to elaborate on this, there is a SHIT TON of content to unlock in MGD. If you just want the sigils, you can directly edit them in with the .

Just joined the wiki and trying my best to help the rest of the community with it as a lot of articles are a bit off.

Slight in-game typo for the Virility description by the way, Threshold.
on_charactermenu.rpy:
Python:
                    use ON_SingleStatDisplay("Virility: ", "[Virility]%", tooltipDisplay="Measures the fertility of a man, as well as his semen's thickness, flavour, and nutritional value to monster girls. Increases the effectiveness of holy skills, and increases the effectiveness of monster girl's energy draining and semen eating abilities on you. Equal to your (level-1)*0.5 + spirit*5 + 5 + any perks you have!")
player.rpy:
Python:
        def getVirility(player, forceCurrentVirile = 0):
            global heldVirility
            Virility = 0
            if heldVirility == 0 or forceCurrentVirile == 1:
                Virility = 0
                Vmod = 0
                for perk in player.perks:
                    p = 0
                    while  p < len(perk.PerkType):
                        if perk.PerkType[p] == "VirilityBoost":
                            Vmod += perk.EffectPower[p]
                        p += 1

Virility = (player.stats.lvl -1)*0.5 + player.stats.max_sp*5 + Vmod + 10
                Virility = math.floor(Virility)
                Virility = int(Virility)
            else:
                Virility = copy.deepcopy(heldVirility)

return Virility
If the code formula is as intended, that spirit*5 + 5 should be spirit*5 + 10 in the description, but hardcoding the descriptions can be a real pain so yeah, it's probably in many other places and not super important. Unless I missed something...?

Leecher97

Jul 10, 2018
Hi, could anyone explain the Roll Checks to me please?
1621530443499.png
So I shortly searched the thread for "check" I read that you are meant to take 5 off the relevent stat before multiplying?
So with with willpower 65, Int 56 and allure 35 (i switched from android to pc so I'm cheating)
It should be 19+((65-5)*0.2)+((56-5)*0.1)+((35-5)*0.1)-2+3
Rounding and simplyfing: 19+12+5+3-2=37 That's before adding my 3 from Luck....so were did that go?

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like you already know how D&D saving throws work so I'll jump directly to the code. I was kind of confused by this too. I'm going to check if there was a revamp.

After quickly checking the code, I assume the defenceBonus was 5 (effectively overriding your d5 roll of 3 for luckAddition) but as the showing string is hardcoded, this is not properly reflected. I may be wrong though, but this would explain the -2 while not "factoring in" (visually speaking) the luck roll, when it is in fact -5+3.

Temptation-based rolls cap at 15 (before luck kicks in) as can be seen in the code. Thanks Threshold!

dialogueSystem.rpy:
Python:
                if statType == "Temptation":
                    $ statToCheck = int(math.floor(  (player.stats.Int-5)*0.1 + (player.stats.Willpower-5)*0.2 + (player.stats.Allure-5)*0.1  ))
                    if statToCheck > 15:
                        $ statToCheck = 15
                else:
                    $ statToCheck = int(math.floor((player.stats.getStat(displayingScene.theScene[lineOfScene])-5)*0.15))

Last edited:

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Also, in case you like (or don't like) having the player's name on top of your savefiles without changing the code itself - either this was changed at some point or I save-anonymized myself and then forgot about it:
Python:
## Shift+O and then pick one.
> save_name = player.name
> save_name = ""
(Was blank here, possibly self-side-intentional. Character creation copy so the strings should be identical by default.)
You can manually rename your saves on the save page tho?

View attachment 1204007
So I shortly searched the thread for "check" I read that you are meant to take 5 off the relevent stat before multiplying?
So with with willpower 65, Int 56 and allure 35 (i switched from android to pc so I'm cheating)
It should be 19+((65-5)*0.2)+((56-5)*0.1)+((35-5)*0.1)-2+3
Rounding and simplyfing: 19+12+5+3-2=37 That's before adding my 3 from Luck....so were did that go?
Looks like you already know how D&D saving throws work so I'll jump directly to the code. I was kind of confused by this too. I'm going to check if there was a revamp.

After quickly checking the code, I assume the defenceBonus was 5 (effectively overriding your d5 roll of 3 for luckAddition) but as the showing string is hardcoded, this is not properly reflected. I may be wrong though, but this would explain the -2 while not "factoring in" (visually speaking) the luck roll, when it is in fact -5+3.

dialogueSystem.rpy (this is massive so using a spoiler tag, apologies for the inconvenience)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The temptation bonus caps at 15. (not counting luck)
...Mebbe I should add a notification about this. :unsure:

Reactions: Nevart and L30

Oct 26, 2017
You can manually rename your saves on the save page tho?
Correct. Just thought it was weird that save_name somehow was an empty string when it should contain the cloned player.name and wondered if it was an update-based thing. :)

script.rpy on character creation:
Python:
        $ save_name = copy.deepcopy(player.name)
The temptation bonus caps at 15. (not counting luck)...Mebbe I should add a notification about this. :unsure:
Actually, yes, that's just me being dumb again... And it's right in the code I quoted, too.
Thanks Threshold, made a derp edit! :sneaky:

Birchwood64

Nov 1, 2020
Don't think i have ever been so positivly surprised with any game. this game belongs in a goddamn museum and might be my fav H game to date. the writing, the characters, the gameplay, the battle system, the sheer range of fetishes handeled well (didn't think hypno was my thing but i was sorely mistaken there).
Man I just wanna gush about this game but i think what makes this game so special to me is how well the creator understands monster girls in general and makes me actually care.
gj dev i will watch the development of this game closely

Leecher97

Jul 10, 2018

Temptation-based rolls cap at 15 (before luck kicks in) as can be seen in the code. Thanks Threshold!
Thank you for attempting to help me, I appreciate it

The temptation bonus caps at 15. (not counting luck)
...Mebbe I should add a notification about this. :unsure:
Ooh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for replying, Threshold. Love the game BTW despite text based not really being my thing before, this is great. So, is it all Tempation checks, even those above 15? Do they even go past 15? I honestly can't remember. If not then I wouldn't worry about it. I decided to stop being lazy and check myself, yea I can see people maybe noticing it and getting annoyed at the really high checks. I only noticed it because I was on the Fandom page for Aiko and someone was complaining that the 15 check wasn't really a 15 check, despite only having 17s across the board and I wanted to ensure I understood the formula before before replying. Which apparently I didn't....

Sorry if this reply is messy, not really familliar with the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThresholdMGD

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for attempting to help me, I appreciate it
I do believe some temptation rolls check - or at least used to check - for above 15 but I'd have to check the code again and, this time, hopefully read it right. :p

Aiko did have a large check at some point but this might no longer be the case. Maybe 30, memory's fuzzy - this one with 1d20 from non-overcapped 100 luck would make you roll 16-35 against 30.

(The thing is it now is possible to completely bypass failures with enough energy, though this may not apply to all rolls.)

If you're checking a formula, make sure you check the .rpy and .py files directly - the wiki is very helpful but some of the info may be deprecated.

Leecher97

Jul 10, 2018
I do believe some temptation rolls check - or at least used to check - for above 15 but I'd have to check the code again and, this time, hopefully read it right. :p

Aiko did have a large check at some point but this might no longer be the case. Maybe 30, memory's fuzzy - this one with 1d20 from non-overcapped 100 luck would make you roll 16-35 against 30.

(The thing is it now is possible to completely bypass failures with enough energy, though this may not apply to all rolls.)

If you're checking a formula, make sure you check the .rpy and .py files directly - the wiki is very helpful but some of the info may be deprecated.
It never crossed my mind to check the files. I checked some files for the Venefica progress trying to use the console but it just confused me, honestly.

I just checked in game against Sofia, bonus cap of 15 vs 20. Its funny, I played through the game nearly twice now(once legit, once cheating) But I never noticed it till now.

Oct 26, 2017
Derp. I forgot the initial 1d20 too, so even 30 isn't all that hard. Make that 16-35 with zero luck and 17-55 with non-overcapped luck... (The fact you rolled 37 on the screenshot made me go fuck it, I derped again. :D)

Currently checking if there's any actual temptation roll above 55 as this is the only one that would cause a player to always fail unless they overcap luck with item/perk buffs (iirc, the cap does not apply to boosts). And even if they *did* fail, well, there's the energy emergency rescue...

(If Thres truly wanted to go full D&D, he could implement autofail and autosuccess from the initial 1d20 - 1 being autofail and 20 autosuccess - but this was suggested years ago and honestly, it's much better the way it is right now, even crazy stats may still cause you to sometimes fail if there is a huge roll but low stats and bad luck also lead to possible emergency rescue, which is just perfect.)
212 hits in 25 files
Autofails are not listed. And hopefully I didn't fuck up this time! (Apologies if I did.)
- Lumiren's Song: 10 (+5/7/10 from Hypnosis addiction 25/50/75)
- Aiko (all): 15 (20 if Kotone's hypno sessions kick in)
- Alraune: 5 (+2/5/10 from Sex addiction 25/50/75 and +4 if Charmed)
- Ancilla: 10 (15 if you're sleepy and want to cuddle with fluffy waifu)
- Awoken Sofia and Normal Sofia: 15, 20, 25 and 30 depending on stances
- Feng: 10 (+2/5/10 from Leg addiction and +2/5/10 from Sex addiction, 50/75/100 respectively)
- Kunoichi: 15/20/25
- Manticore: 10/15/20/25
- Matango: 5 (+2/5/10 from Ass addiction and +2/5/10 from Sex addiction, 50/75/100, also +4 if Charmed)
- Mika: 10/15/20/25 (+2/5/10 from 50/75/100 Ass for the 10 roll when meeting her outside of battle)
- Oni: 10/15 (+2/5/10 from Breasts or Ass addiction 50/75/100 depending on stance)
- Rosaura: 10 (+2/5/10 from Breasts, Oral or Sex addiction 25/50/75 depending on stance, also +9 if Charmed)
- Tengu: 10/15
- Trisha: 5/9/10/14/15/19/20 (+2/5/10 from <insert where you focus> 25/50/75 depending on stance)
- Venefica:
Sweet Add 15 (-5 if Elly helps, +1 from CoE, +3 from CoS, +5 from CoO, +1/2/3/5 from Breast addiction, +1/2/3/5 from Leg addiction)
Witch Temp 20 (+1 from CoW, +2 from CoE, +3 from CoS, +5 from CoO)
Vista 20 (+1/2/3/5 from Breasts)
Marsh/Choco Marsh 15 (-5 if Elly helps, +1/3/6/11 from Curses, +1/3/5 from 25/50/75 Breasts)
- Vili 15 (+1/3/5 from 25/50/75 Breasts, +1/3/5 from 3/6/10 Vili's Curse)
- Imp GH: 5 (+2/5/10 from 50/75/100 Oral)
- Arch Imp GH: 10 (+2/5 from 50/75 Breasts and +2/5 from 6/10 Vili's Curse)
- Vili's Rack: 15 (+1/3/5 from 25/50/75 Breasts and +1/3/5 from 3/6/10 Vili's Curse)
- Kotone: 20/25
- Kunoichi (Dojo): 15/20
- Aiko (warmup with the yuki-onna): 15/20/30 (depends on Kotone's "help")
- Kotone's trials: 5/10/15/20 (+2/5 from 50/75 Ass)

EDIT: Hopefully less confusing on the addiction parts.

Last edited:

Zeltram

Nov 16, 2018
Hello! New poster here!

First of all I'd like to say that I downloaded this game being aware that there are no CGs, and I was thinking 'hmmm, this will be a waste of time'.... I couldn't be more wrong!I think this is one of my favourite hrpg games of all time!

A question tho, I just finished the caverns, where I assume is the end till a future update, but I keep hearing that there is a LOT to complete, can anyone point me to some kind of guide for all side content, etc?

Edit: A thing I wanna say - Perpetua is a really funny side character! I never expected to have a monster girl 'nemesis' that levels up together with me. I hope she will level up in more ways than just 'levels' haha!

Hopeless DIO

Aug 14, 2017
Hello! New poster here!

First of all I'd like to say that I downloaded this game being aware that there are no CGs, and I was thinking 'hmmm, this will be a waste of time'.... I couldn't be more wrong!I think this is one of my favourite hrpg games of all time!

A question tho, I just finished the caverns, where I assume is the end till a future update, but I keep hearing that there is a LOT to complete, can anyone point me to some kind of guide for all side content, etc?

Edit: A thing I wanna say - Perpetua is a really funny side character! I never expected to have a monster girl 'nemesis' that levels up together with me. I hope she will level up in more ways than just 'levels' haha!
The side content are mainly the named NPCs in all the areas in the game

Town: Brothel has 3 named npcs you can sex consistently, as well as having a lot of random events when working at night there. Church also has a npc with special unlock conditions

Mystic Forest: Venefica @ the Bon Bon Bun, unlocked by talking to Elly in town and helping her “investigate”. There’s also a named frog girl (don’t remember at the moment).

Forest Dungeon: Sofia, Ancilla, Vili, Mika, as well as the imp den which is threesome/moresome scenes with the imp enemy

Mountains: Jora, Nala, Succubus Campers.

Willpower Temple: Kotone (best girl), Minoni,Aiko with or without Bed-Chan, Feng to a certain extent, Shizu, and the twins if you beat them on hard mode.

Caverns: Tabitha & Amy

EDIT: As far as I know these aren’t the only side characters, just the ones I know off the top of my head, please feel free to correct me.

Reactions: L30 and Zeltram

Oct 26, 2017
Hello! New poster here!
Hello Madam/Sir and welcome. :)

is a good start, but using the (slightly broken) search feature in this thread is recommended as many posters (including the developer himself) will provide you with the latest information. Also make sure you have your user preferences search options set to "Most recent" if you don't want to mess with the search query to get a chronological sort.

Hopeless DIO pretty much answered most of your questions (the French frog girl would be Gren), Caverns have Nova (a fire elemental), and well, many more for you to find by yourself. (My memory is crap as well, but you can actually get a complete and updated list by peeking at the code, since Threshold did not archive it to allow it to be modded. And this also helps with faster playtesting and bug fixing.)

Reactions: Nevart

Zeltram

Nov 16, 2018
Hello Madam/Sir and welcome. :) is a good start, but using the (slightly broken) search feature in this thread is recommended as many posters (including the developer himself) will provide you with the latest information. Also make sure you have your user preferences search options set to "Most recent" if you don't want to mess with the search query to get a chronological sort.

Hopeless DIO pretty much answered most of your questions (the French frog girl would be Gren), Caverns have Nova (a fire elemental), and well, many more for you to find by yourself. (My memory is crap as well, but you can actually get a complete and updated list by peeking at the code, since Threshold did not archive it to allow it to be modded. And this also helps with faster playtesting and bug fixing.)
Aye! Thank you both for the helpful replies!

After taking a quick look at the wiki, it looks like it gives me just enough hints to go around my way with doing side content! Cheers!

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
"-Preemptively set up systems for color-shifting the player's art in lewd cgs to come eventually."

I was wondering if this will ever happen, but seeing it in the changelog made me think:
"HOLY SHIT, this already works as is. Adding CG to it would... oh no..."

... I just realized what that means when you add the elf village... oh dear lord emperor on terra...

Wait wait wait! Priestess hugging and headpatting CG... I just realised what this will do to my glucose level given the characters...

P.S.: Petition to prioritize Mika's dancing and coffee scene!

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
"-Preemptively set up systems for color-shifting the player's art in lewd cgs to come eventually."

I was wondering if this will ever happen, but seeing it in the changelog made me think:

... I just realized what that means when you add the elf village... oh dear lord emperor on terra...

Wait wait wait! Priestess hugging and headpatting CG... I just realised what this will do to my glucose level given the characters...

as i keep saying, cgs are better for the main stances
they can also be reused for love sex scenes;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
also keep the emperor out of this thread, i'm not wearing my black templar armor here:p

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: lnppo

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Derp. I forgot the initial 1d20 too, so even 30 isn't all that hard. Make that 16-35 with zero luck and 17-55 with non-overcapped luck... (The fact you rolled 37 on the screenshot made me go fuck it, I derped again. :D)

Currently checking if there's any actual temptation roll above 55 as this is the only one that would cause a player to always fail unless they overcap luck with item/perk buffs (iirc, the cap does not apply to boosts). And even if they *did* fail, well, there's the energy emergency rescue...

(If Thres truly wanted to go full D&D, he could implement autofail and autosuccess from the initial 1d20 - 1 being autofail and 20 autosuccess - but this was suggested years ago and honestly, it's much better the way it is right now, even crazy stats may still cause you to sometimes fail if there is a huge roll but low stats and bad luck also lead to possible emergency rescue, which is just perfect.)Autofails are not listed. And hopefully I didn't fuck up this time! (Apologies if I did.)
- Lumiren's Song: 10 (+2/3/5 from Hypnosis addiction, though for some reason level 25 Hypnosis is +5 here, with 50 being +2 and 75 being +3, which after checking the Alraune unfortunately looks like a small "CSCD alignment" bug ThresholdMGD)

LumirensSong.json:
JSON:
              {
                  "NameOfScene": "Run!",
                  "theScene": [
                                "StatCheck",
                                "ChangeStatCheckDifficulty", "IfFetishLevelEqualOrGreater", "HypnosisAddict", "25", "5", <--
                                "ChangeStatCheckDifficulty", "IfFetishLevelEqualOrGreater", "HypnosisAddict", "50", "2",
                                "ChangeStatCheckDifficulty", "IfFetishLevelEqualOrGreater", "HypnosisAddict", "75", "3",
                                "Temptation",
                                "10",
                                "RanAway",
                                "Fail",
                                "CantRun"
                            ]
              }
these stack together lol
it doesn't just take the highest one
in total this is a +10 if u have 75
unless im misunderstanding what ur trying to point out?

Can't install the app on my phone after the latest update, any idea why?
There could be a number of reasons tbh.
Either u dont have the space for it. (like, double the filesize)
It could also just be a renpy/android issue that i need to wait on to get fixed from the recent updates.

Oct 26, 2017
these stack together lol
it doesn't just take the highest one
in total this is a +10 if u have 75
unless im misunderstanding what ur trying to point out?
Even though I took this into consideration for literally everything else, just seeing a 5 on top here made my mind go "but why". Welp, sorry Thres. Yeah, so that's just 5/7/10 instead of 2/5/10, gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Last edited:

;KFW;LKF;WL

Dec 13, 2020

Hours did nothing wrong he saw the lies of the false Emperor.

• Angry
Reactions: doomgal and decker2
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes