Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
And the first two translated volumes of his encyclopedia here :
-

-
Half of the encyclopedia looks like a sexualized description of Disciples units...
But least used are mantis, sandworm and gazer. Other was present in one form or another in various games.

And they would have hard time compete with all favorite snek girls.
The have boobs. YES!!!!
They have vagina. YES!!!!
Have you ever seen a snek mouth?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: decker2

Kratmann

Aug 3, 2020
Guh at level 19 I still can't beat Nara, she goes into sex stance and inserts me and I can't break out and I lose. But I did get her down to one spirit so yay!?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Guh at level 19 I still can't beat Nara, she goes into sex stance and inserts me and I can't break out and I lose. But I did get her down to one spirit so yay!?
Well Nara is level 20, you need to either gain a few more levels or do a better job exploiting her weaknesses.

Reactions: Nevart

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
You're still a level below her and it sounds like your either need more Strength to break out or maybe should have taken some of the feats that grant bonuses to breaking stances that are available as you level up.

There is equipment that will help you break out of stances or increase your STR available in the shop.

Reactions: Nevart

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
anybody know what the plans are for the next update? does the author announce what the next release holds or normally it gets announced when it comes out?

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
Why this game for so many years dont have still sex-arts? I dont understand If this game are that popular and earn money why still no sex-art? I mean cool making for so many years ero game book but maybe start consider put In It some effort and start working for sex-art? even small dude who make game about monster gilrs and driads start put some sex-art In his game did you know how? he dont know how to made art so he ask players for help and belive or not they help and made for him awesome sex-arts so dont tell me bullshits about "oh Its ot hard" or "I have no money for that" becuse If someone do It for free then whats the problem put minimum effort to ask for do It? or even for small price? Im so mad for this dev for so many years ppl ask him for those kinda of arts and he always make excuses like "Maybe If we complete game" or "We working on plot" yes ton of text with no sex-arts whatever I must block somehow this topic I already lost my hope for those kinda of arts.

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
Why this game for so many years dont have still sex-arts? I dont understand If this game are that popular and earn money why still no sex-art? I mean cool making for so many years ero game book but maybe start consider put In It some effort and start working for sex-art? even small dude who make game about monster gilrs and driads start put some sex-art In his game did you know how? he dont know how to made art so he ask players for help and belive or not they help and made for him awesome sex-arts so dont tell me bullshits about "oh Its ot hard" or "I have no money for that" becuse If someone do It for free then whats the problem put minimum effort to ask for do It? or even for small price? Im so mad for this dev for so many years ppl ask him for those kinda of arts and he always make excuses like "Maybe If we complete game" or "We working on plot" yes ton of text with no sex-arts whatever I must block somehow this topic I already lost my hope for those kinda of arts.
Basically because it's a text based game with 10 different sex-poses scenes written on average for each character (counting random encounters) for over 60 characters, some scenes being threesomes, foursomes or even orgies, it's not as easy as telling the fans "draw fan art pls" in this case, because you'd need a coordinated team for that and not wanting to pay for it would simply be kinda shitty and taking advantage of your fanbase... the dev is already putting extra effort and spoiled us by putting ONE scene accompanied with visual, but trying to do it for every pose of every character and program them all in would simply slow the process down massively to make sure no issues were had with any of the additions programation and to make sure the game is not over 10GB of storage.

but most importantly Monster Girl Dreams seems to want to remain text-based and that's good. (sometimes image is simply not needed, and erotic novels without pictures are a thing...Some scenes maybe will look hotter in your mind than in image just by going with description alone). By remaining text based the game can allow itself to have more choices, be easier to be programmed, have more scenes, more characters, weight less in your computer, and the dev can rest knowing that the effort he puts in the writing is appreciated since, lets be real, in games with images people don't pay that much attention to the writing of erotic scenes and also make it more engaging for the player who plays for those scenes, since he/she has to pay attention in order to enjoy it.

Its not that "it hasn't got sex-arts yet" or "it's to hard or there's no money", is that monster girl dreams seems to be designed to be and remain a text based game; same with other games like Trials in Tinted Space or Corruption of Champions. If fans want to make erotic fan art they'll probably upload it to rule34 and that's it, no need to implement it in the game if the game doesn't need it, in this case the art is 100% optional, of course he'd say "maybe after the game is done", because if he starts applying it before it ends the game's production could take way to long and he seems to focus on advancing or make additions to the game as a story or mechanically before he focuses on the optional features.

Maybe after he is done he can see the completed game with all the completed scenes and say "ok, this scene could use one image, this one is not that important", but until he has completed it i doubt he could judge fairly on which scenes are deserving and which aren't.

Reactions: Nevart and Kismaz

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
Basically because it's a text based game with 10 different sex-poses scenes written on average for each character (counting random encounters) for over 60 characters, some scenes being threesomes, foursomes or even orgies, it's not as easy as telling the fans "draw fan art pls" in this case, because you'd need a coordinated team for that and not wanting to pay for it would simply be kinda shitty and taking advantage of your fanbase... the dev is already putting extra effort and spoiled us by putting ONE scene accompanied with visual, but trying to do it for every pose of every character and program them all in would simply slow the process down massively to make sure no issues were had with any of the additions programation and to make sure the game is not over 10GB of storage.

but most importantly Monster Girl Dreams seems to want to remain text-based and that's good. (sometimes image is simply not needed, and erotic novels without pictures are a thing...Some scenes maybe will look hotter in your mind than in image just by going with description alone). By remaining text based the game can allow itself to have more choices, be easier to be programmed, have more scenes, more characters, weight less in your computer, and the dev can rest knowing that the effort he puts in the writing is appreciated since, lets be real, in games with images people don't pay that much attention to the writing of erotic scenes and also make it more engaging for the player who plays for those scenes, since he/she has to pay attention in order to enjoy it.

Its not that "it hasn't got sex-arts yet" or "it's to hard or there's no money", is that monster girl dreams seems to be designed to be and remain a text based game; same with other games like Trials in Tinted Space or Corruption of Champions. If fans want to make erotic fan art they'll probably upload it to rule34 and that's it, no need to implement it in the game if the game doesn't need it, in this case the art is 100% optional, of course he'd say "maybe after the game is done", because if he starts applying it before it ends the game's production could take way to long and he seems to focus on advancing or make additions to the game as a story or mechanically before he focuses on the optional features.

Maybe after he is done he can see the completed game with all the completed scenes and say "ok, this scene could use one image, this one is not that important", but until he has completed it i doubt he could judge fairly on which scenes are deserving and which aren't.
Well thats ok I am glad that text-based games are ending and fewer are being created.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Well thats ok I am glad that text-based games are ending and fewer are being created.

Then why are you still bothering to post here? It sounds like you've made up your mind. Also no, text based games are not "ending", there's plenty of them.

People still fail to realize that with animating every scene it's super expensive unless you're drawing/animating it yourself (still takes time for quality as well)

Also, the more quality you put in a game, the longer it's going to be taken to make. There's loads more tools nowadays and higher quality tools than there used to be, so it obviously takes longer to make higher quality products compared to before.

What was once high quality (nes-n64 era), is now lower quality.

Monster girl dreams is really high quality, and from the get go, you can see by it's description on multiple sources including here, and from the screenshots what type of game it is. You can also see it from the tags for the thread/game.

mrsearch

Apr 11, 2018
You're complaining about an art switch in a free erotica game. Why not just fashion a mod using the "old" art to switch it back? Is it because that would require effort on your part?
Not really because I've already made the change on my end. My concern is for what's to come and instead of providing anything to the conversation about my criticisms, such as my comment as to the laziness of the implementation of the larger breast size you're more keen to make assumptions as to my intentions and overall initiative. I support Threshold on Patreon, I'm not simply complaining from a place of zero care nor interest of a free fap or experience.

Judging by the reactions on my message it seems any comment or post that isn't a net positive is seen as purely negative for negatives sake. My point is merely to draw attention to what my be a sign of things to come with "optional art changes" in the future. May I point to one of these additions in the past with Aiko's body options. Those were well implemented. The way her anatomy was rendered is actually changed. However in Vili's case the breast's layer was grabbed, resized and placed back down. The structure of the anatomy was not touched or edited in any way. So, it looks lazy and I expect better from a game with such a solid track record.

Last edited:

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Not really because I've already made the change on my end. My concern is for what's to come and instead of providing anything to the conversation about my criticisms, such as my comment as to the laziness of the implementation of the larger breast size you're more keen to make assumptions as to my intentions and overall initiative. I support Threshold on Patreon, I'm not simply complaining from a place of zero care nor interest of a free fap or experience.

Judging by the reactions on my message it seems any comment or post that isn't a net positive is seen as purely negative for negatives sake. My point is merely to draw attention to what my be a sign of things to come with "optional art changes" in the future. May I point to one of these additions in the past with Aiko's body options. Those were well implemented. The way her anatomy was rendered is actually changed. However in Vili's case the breast's layer was grabbed, resized and placed back down. The structure of the anatomy was not touched or edited in any way. So, it looks lazy and I expect better from a game with such a solid track record.
What type of cheese are you planning to serve with all this whine?

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
I support Threshold on Patreon

May I point to one of these additions in the past with Aiko's body options. Those were well implemented. The way her anatomy was rendered is actually changed. However in Vili's case the breast's layer was grabbed, resized and placed back down. The structure of the anatomy was not touched or edited in any way. So, it looks lazy and I expect better from a game with such a solid track record.
you know that the art for aiko and vili was made by different artists?
aiko was drawn by ( )

the one redoing vili is ( )
vilis original artist was ( )
to read on vilis wiki page

there was a poll on patreon a long time ago where thres asked his cows. if they want:
the orginal artist ( ) to add a nude portrait for vili
or have ( ) completely redraw her portrait with bigger boobs
(guess what his cows voted for:cautious:)

so the only ones to blame for vilis "lazy" art are the patreon cows...
(also you)

Last edited:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I think you don't need to create a mod if you simply want to replace vili new art by her old art.

Switching the new files by the old one should do the work without breaking the game as long as you keep the same number of files and file's name.

I already did it sometimes, for reasons....

11.png

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Tru any negative comment here and you insta get attack "ThiS gAMe AweSoMe TEXtBased Gamingu" you cant say anything becuse you get insta "THIS GAME FOR FREE GTFO OUT HERE IF U DONT LIKE" wtf who said I dont like I said I dont liek there Is no arts but ppl just spam facepalm and basicli thats all spam facepalm and toxic towards others who have diffrent opinion,thats why I ignore and wont replay them anymore,becuse even If I say sky Is blue and earth Its a orb they still tell me how bad Im a becuse I point this game have no real sex-art,well sorry guys If I cant fap to my imagine I mean lol I never fap to text do you?
The reason people likely faceplam is in the answer to your last question. Yes I do indeed fap to text, and so do a lot of other people. Erotica has been around for hundreds of years, and there are plenty of people making money writing erotic stories today. Some people just write them to be more interactive, aka. erotic text games. Corruption of Champions being another example. Sure later on in development it added a few basic images for some of it's characters, but for the most part it is a game with nothing but text, and a very popular one at that.

This is at it's core an interactive erotic story. It's got character pictures to give us a better idea of what the characters look like, so we can picture it better in our heads, but the primary focus will always be on the writing, because that is what the primary audience is looking for and wants. Good sexy writing. As far as I, and a lot of other people are concerned, getting more sexy art added in is a bonus, not a requirement. As a result your complaints wind up looking juvenile and missing the point of the game.

There are indeed plenty of other games out there. If you aren't someone who can get off to text, I suggest you go find one, because while sexy art does seem to be slowly being added, it will never be a focus for this game, and you will likely not enjoy it, so I recommend you find something more to your taste.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Tru any negative comment here and you insta get attack "ThiS gAMe AweSoMe TEXtBased Gamingu" you cant say anything becuse you get insta "THIS GAME FOR FREE GTFO OUT HERE IF U DONT LIKE" wtf who said I dont like I said I dont liek there Is no arts but ppl just spam facepalm and basicli thats all spam facepalm and toxic towards others who have diffrent opinion,thats why I ignore and wont replay them anymore,becuse even If I say sky Is blue and earth Its a orb they still tell me how bad Im a becuse I point this game have no real sex-art,well sorry guys If I cant fap to my imagine I mean lol I never fap to text do you?

Edit.This Is how monster game should look- https://f95zone.to/threads/portals-of-phereon-0-16-0-2-syvaron.7803/ One man did the game himself, he drew drawings and somehow he doesn't complain, and that's how I finished here, as I wrote before, people In this topic are hmm ... strange ... unpleasant and toxic

You are doing what has happened several times in many different mediums (lots of places), and on this forum is a rampant problem, that winds up being a first world problem (aka your own problem that can be avoided).

As I said before, you know what the game is from the get go with all the previews of it. Plus you've said yourself:
Why this game for so many years dont have still sex-arts?
You've played the game for several years, and through experiencing that you've seen that the game is going to stay the way it is (people can give feedback, but they shouldn't be able to COMPLETLY change a developer's game).

So once again, it turns into a first world problem, you're causing your own problems by continuing to play said game when you know you don't like it. I don't know about you, but I find people who are whining about a game not being the game they want it to be, continuing to play said game they know they don't like, and then to top it off, getting it for free, and still shitting on said game to be super TOXIC.

This same behavior and pattern has happened several times on different parts of this forum, and based on the fact that said posts pointing it out get likes, I'd say it's a pretty disliked habit.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes