Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
Thresh gave a Labyrinth teaser on Patreon.
It's not a simple maze or finding a path using the basic renpy inputs. From what I understand it's best described as turn based Pacman. you gotta run around a grid collecting keys for a locked gate, while avoiding the hellhounds, with different movement patterns, that chase after you (and defeat you on capture for rn), as well as other traps. There's gonna be several stages too, with the first being a tutorial to get your bearings before the hunt begins.

Btw, Thresh has been debating releasing the labyrinth in chunks, or holding off until he can drop the whole kitten caboodle. or I guess, Puppy caboodle? Opinions?

gent777

Apr 14, 2020
It's not a simple maze or finding a path using the basic renpy inputs. From what I understand it's best described as turn based Pacman. you gotta run around a grid collecting keys for a locked gate, while avoiding the hellhounds, with different movement patterns, that chase after you (and defeat you on capture for rn), as well as other traps. There's gonna be several stages too, with the first being a tutorial to get your bearings before the hunt begins.

Btw, Thresh has been debating releasing the labyrinth in chunks, or holding off until he can drop the whole kitten caboodle. or I guess, Puppy caboodle? Opinions?
Probably would be better to hold off until he can drop the whole thing.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
sounds pretty complex and its nice that thres tries out new mechanics
but no fights...:(

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
I'm definitely excited for the labyrinth, though I'm a bit sad that it's immediate loss on capture.
Would love to be able to wipe the smug grin off their face just to watch it twist and contort in ecstasy for even DARING to try and fight "The Chosen Hero™" or something along those lines. Even if, y'know, they have super inflated stats like 9999 HP and 25 Spirit or so. There are no bounds to my sheer force of will.

• Sad
Reactions: decker2

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm definitely excited for the labyrinth, though I'm a bit sad that it's immediate loss on capture.
Would love to be able to wipe the smug grin off their face just to watch it twist and contort in ecstasy for even DARING to try and fight "The Chosen Hero™" or something along those lines. Even if, y'know, they have super inflated stats like 9999 HP and 25 Spirit or so. There are no bounds to my sheer force of will.
Yeah, totally different game mechanic and instant loss if you get caught? That doesn't really sound much fun.

• Sad
Reactions: decker2

pilldawg

Apr 28, 2017
honestly beris' sneakers are so dripped out I might have to tie her up to steal and resell them then ask for forgiveness afterwards
1630390084414.png

Reactions: Julius

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, totally different game mechanic and instant loss if you get caught? That doesn't really sound much fun.
The way I phrased it probably wasn't the best. I said the hellhounds cause instant defeat on capture right now, but that's really because Thresh has been busy with the labyrinth mechanic and hasn't had time to actual make the fights yet. I'm guessing this is just prep for if he decides to release the labyrinth in chunks. he could release the first couple stages to show off the new mechanic along with some new content in the form of the instant loss scenes. Then a later update/updates with the fights added in, and any remaining stages (if there are any).

Reactions: Kismaz

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I'm still wondering if the labyrinth will have others monster girls than Hellhounds.

Kismaz

Jun 17, 2020
I'm still wondering if the labyrinth will have others monster girls than Hellhounds.
It will probably feature a more powerful variant of the Minotaurs, not unlike the toxic schroom-girls of the cavern. At least that's my guess, assuming it won't be a giant fuckman labyrinth with hellhounds like Lazyrick described in his first post.

Last edited:

pilldawg

Apr 28, 2017
I trust the dev to be consistently surprising so even if the main enemy is minotaurs a la greek myth there's going to be a big angle

Reactions: Kismaz

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
labyrinth will have around 4 types of base monster girls, 1 of which will be definitive like dungeon 1 imps
Dev's been saying the Labyrinth would be only the heckpups with no other monsters since a while ago, but here's some hard proof.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: pilldawg and Kismaz
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes