ChillFox88

Jul 29, 2017
Unfortunately those error logs don't help me much, are you sure one of those is the first one to display?
And this occurs as soon as you load the save?
The first traceback is the error message I get as soon as I try to load my previous saves . I can load them from V.20.2b just fine, its just the new ones ( V20.3-3b) crash the game upon clicking on the saves in the load menu (Except from my earliest saves which timestamp puts at Alpha 14 and below). Tried loading saves where I was in town menu as well. I will admit though that I am a save hoarder and already on page 54 of the saves and thought that might be an issue, but can start new games and load them just fine in v20.3b on page 54+ (I don't have a problem, me and my 6 washing machines are doing fine). Not using any mods and only used console money cheat once on a test save to see wtf happens when you pay off the debt. Looked around and did not see any other folks with my issue, so for all I know it could be something on my end, and I'm microwaving metal spoons and wondering why the microwave won't stop screaming. If I posted anything wrong or wasted your time I apologize.

Last edited:

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Can't save my game, it says "Not saved - no valid save locations"
That's a new one, what system are you on?
I think I remember some mac users have to do a thing to set up renpy's save folders...

The first traceback is the error message I get as soon as I try to load my previous saves . I can load them from V.20.2b just fine, its just the new ones ( V20.3-3b) crash the game upon clicking on the saves in the load menu (Except from my earliest saves which timestamp puts at Alpha 14 and below). Tried loading saves where I was in town menu as well. I will admit though that I am a save hoarder and already on page 54 of the saves and thought that might be an issue, but can start new games and load them just fine in v20.3b on page 54+ (I don't have a problem, me and my 6 washing machines are doing fine). Not using any mods and only used console money cheat once on a test save to see wtf happens when you pay off the debt. Looked around and did not see any other folks with my issue, so for all I know it could be something on my end, and I'm microwaving metal spoons and wondering why the microwave won't stop screaming. If I posted anything wrong or wasted your time I apologize.
It totally could be something on you end?
What system are you on?
If anything the older versions should be the ones I'd guess would crash xD

The crash msg shows it has something to do with sensitivity being read from something that dosen't exist, but the msg also isn't pointing at the correct spot for what's/where it's happening.

It could also be that I recently updated renpy? But i'd presume that'd cause the same issue with older versions of the saves.

Fringgs

Oct 14, 2018
Needs more images! i love the combat system surely hope your game will grow even bigger.

If only MGQ's combat system is just like this lol

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
A question about Sophia's blessings/rewards, I've got one active but beating her again doesn't give me the chance to pick another or trade in the one I've got to try something else, i'm fine with only having one at a time or whatever for balance reasons but i'd love to be able to switch them, even if i had to beat her again each time, am i missing something or is it once you've picked your stuck?

( i know you can toggle it on or off by talking to her, and i'm talking about the rewards from the second fight not the third which i have yet to finish)

bananaman227

Apr 18, 2018
hey i think i ran into a bit of a snag in v20.3 i cant seem to even start Sophia's third fight, she just keeps saying something about "something interesting" in another dungeon and i cant find what she means anywhere.

baxter114

Sep 10, 2017
hey i think i ran into a bit of a snag in v20.3 i cant seem to even start Sophia's third fight, she just keeps saying something about "something interesting" in another dungeon and i cant find what she means anywhere.
You need to fight the Oni Twins on hard to get the True Sigil.

baxter114

Sep 10, 2017
A question about Sophia's blessings/rewards, I've got one active but beating her again doesn't give me the chance to pick another or trade in the one I've got to try something else, i'm fine with only having one at a time or whatever for balance reasons but i'd love to be able to switch them, even if i had to beat her again each time, am i missing something or is it once you've picked your stuck?

( i know you can toggle it on or off by talking to her, and i'm talking about the rewards from the second fight not the third which i have yet to finish)
What Version you running? On 20.3b I have them all, might be a bug on your save if you are on the same version.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
I see that a lot of the dev notes mention modding. Are there any existing mods worth exploring?
Personally, I don't use mods for MGD as I want to enjoy the game as Threshold envisioned it, but currently, one of the more popular mods on MGD's Discord is Waifupocalypse. It can be found on the Discord for MGD, but I'll attach it to this post for those who don't want or are unable to join MGD's Discord for one reason or another. It has a myriad of content such as an angel you are able to fight, a holstaur, some unique imp encounters, expansions to Mika, a friend who can teach you new moves, new perks, and so on. If you do not know how to install mods, then here is a little assistance:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do hope that you find this at least a little helpful, georgetakei.

Unfortunately, switching out the perks is not an option, but you should be able to have more than one as you are able to acquire a new one after defeating her various battles for the first time, if none of the items appeal to you or if you are curious what happens once you have all four perks. If you are unable to select a second perk after winning the second battle for the first time, it sounds like there is a bug somewhere, either something went wrong with the game or something more local on your end.

Currently, a total of three of the perks may be acquired since there are only three fights, so choose accordingly. Of course, you may always save before you choose a perk so that you see the exact effects of each perk so that you may make a more informed decision and select the perks that benefit your build the most first.

Getting the fourth and final perk will have to wait until her fourth fight is added, which will be sometime after the Capital, so there are at least three locations that need to be added before that content will arrive, potentially four if the quantifier of "after the Capital" includes the Capital's dungeon.

I do hope that you've found this information useful, Volta.

where can you get the true will sigil.
The True Will Sigil is not in the game as of now, so you are only able to have the True Power Sigil half of the True Sigil of Will-Power. Since this isn't very much information, I'll include some spoilers with regards to upcoming content:

I do hope that you've found this at least a little valuable, AriesBro.

EDIT: The attached Waifupocalypse mod was removed due to bugs. Here is a new link for the mod, you can find it .

Last edited:

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Thanks to both L30 and baxter114 yep, i'm running the most recent version, i've updated saves, however my current play through was from before the perks where introduced, which would explain why i've only got 1 since i completed fight one before the perks where added, looks like a start to make that one work, oh well but at least i know now.

ChillFox88

Jul 29, 2017
That's a new one, what system are you on?
I think I remember some mac users have to do a thing to set up renpy's save folders...

It totally could be something on you end?
What system are you on?
If anything the older versions should be the ones I'd guess would crash xD

The crash msg shows it has something to do with sensitivity being read from something that dosen't exist, but the msg also isn't pointing at the correct spot for what's/where it's happening.

It could also be that I recently updated renpy? But i'd presume that'd cause the same issue with older versions of the saves.
Using Windows 7 64 bit. Started new game in V20.3b and had no problems with any other saves, even new game saves started in V20.2b just for kicks. I'm just gonna assume the saves got corrupted somehow (didn't fiddle with any coding or anything so I assume its karma for a time I neglected to cuddle with Kyra after coitus...in which case I probably deserved that) and the new version of MGD has higher standerds and self respect and threw it to the curb. So just took all those old saves behind the shed and did what had to be done.....put them in a storage locker with all the other saves I'll never touch.

cakirs

Aug 1, 2017
well this sucks, my old save files don't work any more q.q i don't think i have the power to invest more time in to a new save file

L30

Dec 20, 2017
well this sucks, my old save files don't work any more q.q i don't think i have the power to invest more time in to a new save file
Threshold may be able to help you with this issue. However, if you do not wish to wait for assistance and if you don't mind using the console, you can use it to rapidly recover and build up a new save along with using the skip function to breeze through the content you've already viewed.

Here are two very useful variables you can use in the console to quickly build a new save up to be like a older save:

I do hope that you find this at least a little helpful, cakirs.

EDIT: Sorry Threshold, looks like you responded while I was typing this up.

Reactions: Konstantinus

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Edit: before trying the display problems solution, go into the game files and delete any file with a .rpyc at the end, apparently they can get borked and cause this issue. They then should be re-generated on game startup.

Edit2: v20.3c is now out to fix bugs, additionally Mika now uses her revised art.

Using Windows 7 64 bit. Started new game in V20.3b and had no problems with any other saves, even new game saves started in V20.2b just for kicks. I'm just gonna assume the saves got corrupted somehow (didn't fiddle with any coding or anything so I assume its karma for a time I neglected to cuddle with Kyra after coitus...in which case I probably deserved that) and the new version of MGD has higher standerds and self respect and threw it to the curb. So just took all those old saves behind the shed and did what had to be done.....put them in a storage locker with all the other saves I'll never touch.

Try this out actually, based on the error log it seems like a display error with the render somehow?
No clue if it will work as I can't replicate the issue on loading.

This may also apply to you. But I don't know if it will work.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes