Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
v20.4a is now out for bug fixes, as well as art for the kunoichi trainee and Shizu.
Edit: v20.4b is now out with more bug fixing.

MEGA blew up my account again with no warning.
Btw there is a ctd bug, with game\music\Temple\Battle-SAMURAI_loop.ogg not being found by the script (as it is looking for a .mp3) during the meeting with Temple boss.

I've got around this by converting ogg2mp3, and it works, maybe you'll also want to fix that.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v20.4c is now out for more bug fixing.
Edit: v20.d is now out with hopefully the last bug fix for a while.

Btw there is a ctd bug, with game\music\Temple\Battle-SAMURAI_loop.ogg not being found by the script (as it is looking for a .mp3) during the meeting with Temple boss.

I've got around this by converting ogg2mp3, and it works, maybe you'll also want to fix that.
That should now be fixed. Let me know if it still happens.

Last edited:

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
what is the mod for?
The obvious question is which mod?.
Assuming you mean waifupocalypse as that is the main mod currently then it's an expansion mod, it adds content, events in some areas, npc's to talk to, trade with and learn skills from, i'd say that since it's pretty nice to have a few more fights in the mid and late game that are interesting and challenging in some cases though Sophia third fight still hardest IMO.

Reactions: faRRan321

PimpPimpMan

Sep 4, 2017
I'm looking to mod a handful of things but I am having a hard time finding the vanilla goods like player parks, or monster's stats. If someone can point them out, that would be great; I'm sure they're right there in my face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volta

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I'm looking to mod a handful of things but I am having a hard time finding the villain goods like player parks, or monster's stats. If someone can point them out, that would be great; I'm sure they're right there in my face.
While i can't point them out personally i suspect the "mod help" channel on this game's discord would be a decent place to start.

Reactions: PimpPimpMan

svolozhanin7

Jul 25, 2018
One thing I love about this game will be definatly it's "femdom" genre. Kind of remind me of Monster Girl Quest series.

Anyway, I like games when main male protagonist plays more submissive role, while main female protagonist(If there is one) plays more dominant role. So If I have to guess at the end of Monster Girl Dreams we gonna have to either kill the Demon Queen or romance/marry her in order to break the Hero (s)laying Demon Queen cycle and I think we would be given the option for Hero be dominant or submissive in his relationship with Demon Queen.

P.S - Also after I defeat the ninja monster girl(I forgot her name, I'm sorry), she said that we have a potential to be a hero and also have a harem of monster girls that we can dominant or they can dominant Hero. I'm not sure how is it works since Hero can't advance/lvl up without winning his opponents, and by losing Hero will not make any progress in the game. Maybe I thinking too much into it, but if in the future updates there is going to be a choice on what kind of personality Hero may have. I would want to make him a "submissive", "shy", "pure" "kind hearted" hero who will have romance with a dominant monster girl(Succubus Queen preferably) or will have a harem of every monster girl in the game being dominant toward him.

Please don't judge me. >///<

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
P.S - Also after I defeat the ninja monster girl(I forgot her name, I'm sorry), she said that we have a potential to be a hero and also have a harem of monster girls that we can dominant or they can dominant Hero. I'm not sure how is it works since Hero can't advance/lvl up without winning his opponents, and by losing Hero will not make any progress in the game. Maybe I thinking too much into it, but if in the future updates there is going to be a choice on what kind of personality Hero may have. I would want to make him a "submissive", "shy", "pure" "kind hearted" hero who will have romance with a dominant monster girl(Succubus Queen preferably) or will have a harem of every monster girl in the game being dominant toward him.

There is a perk that allows you to get some xp even from losing. Check it out.

Reactions: svolozhanin7

Peasantry

Apr 11, 2018
You know, I'm really glad I gave this a second shot. The writing is fantastic, the art is good, and the recurring monstergirls and quests are all genuinely enjoyable.

Gotta wonder though, that 'mysterious presence' in the forest, is there supposed to be something happening from that or do you always miss seeing whoever it is?

Reactions: L30

Eminba

Dec 21, 2017
You know, I'm really glad I gave this a second shot. The writing is fantastic, the art is good, and the recurring monstergirls and quests are all genuinely enjoyable.

Gotta wonder though, that 'mysterious presence' in the forest, is there supposed to be something happening from that or do you always miss seeing whoever it is?
It is an event but you need high in game luck and high real life luck(or save and reloading a bunch of times).

L30

Dec 20, 2017

For the Hidden Glade, as Eminba mentioned, you can reach it via a high Luck stat. Alternatively, if you reach the current capstone for rewards from donations to Venereae at the Church, she'll give you the ability to reach the Hidden Glade automatically without needing to pass the check. You'll also get a little extra max Arousal, max Energy, and a extra point of max Spirit in the process. I have a post here that details all of the breakpoints for the various rewards you can get from donating at the church. It also describes the benefits you can receive at the Hidden Glade in the Forest and what you will find there.

I do hope that you find this helpful, Peasantry.

One thing I love about this game will be definatly it's "femdom" genre. Kind of remind me of Monster Girl Quest series.

Anyway, I like games when main male protagonist plays more submissive role, while main female protagonist(If there is one) plays more dominant role. So If I have to guess at the end of Monster Girl Dreams we gonna have to either kill the Demon Queen or romance/marry her in order to break the Hero (s)laying Demon Queen cycle and I think we would be given the option for Hero be dominant or submissive in his relationship with Demon Queen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for what Shizu, the leader of the Kunoichi Succubi, mentioned about having a harem and whether we'll be dominant or be dominated, rather than selecting a personality for our blank slate character, it will likely be more determined by what monster girls you decide to court and add to your harem as well as what state they are in exactly. I could be wrong, but since some characters fall more clearly into the dominant or submissive range, it does seem like a more sensible method of determining how dominant or submissive your harem is given that the characters themselves have and represent certain fetishes.

Just a few facts and possibilities to take into consideration, svolozhanin7. Ah, and one more thing, there is an actual perk for getting experience from losing as previously mentioned in addition to the bookmark you brought up. And while no, you cannot advance the story by losing, with that accessory and perk, you may still level up. Additionally, a few girls actually gain affection from the player losing in certain stances, such as Mika. It's not a common element, but cases of it happening do exist.

Finally, for those interested in mods, the previously posted version of Waifupocalypse breaks the latest builds due to conflicts with Mika's new content. So, if you enjoyed that content, be sure to keep a copy of an older build around to use with it. A mild fix was released by another player that removes the conflicting mod content for Mika while retaining everything else. I'll attach it to this post, and there is also some sad news as the creator of Waifupocalypse has decided to stop modding, at least for the moment. So the mod is currently as complete as it will be.

I prefer to experience Threshold's vision for MGD, but Waifupocalypse was highly praised by others who enjoyed mod content on MGD's Discord, so this is a true loss for the title's modding scene. In the event that they ever view this post, thank you for your hard work and contributions to MGD.

Peasantry

Apr 11, 2018
For the Hidden Glade, as Eminba mentioned, you can reach it via a high Luck stat. Alternatively, if you reach the current capstone for rewards from donations to Venereae at the Church, she'll give you the ability to reach the Hidden Glade automatically without needing to pass the check. You'll also get a little extra max Arousal, max Energy, and a extra point of max Spirit in the process. I have a post here that details all of the breakpoints for the various rewards you can get from donating at the church. It also describes the benefits you can receive at the Hidden Glade in the Forest and what you will find there.

As for what Shizu, the leader of the Kunoichi Succubi, mentioned about having a harem and whether we'll be dominant or be dominated, rather than selecting a personality for our blank slate character, it will likely be more determined by what monster girls you decide to court and add to your harem as well as what state they are in exactly. I could be wrong, but since some characters fall more clearly into the dominant or submissive range, it does seem like a more sensible method of determining how dominant or submissive your harem is given that the characters themselves have and represent certain fetishes.

Just a few facts and possibilities to take into consideration, svolozhanin7. Ah, and one more thing, there is an actual perk for getting experience from losing as previously mentioned in addition to the bookmark you brought up. And while no, you cannot advance the story by losing, with that accessory and perk, you may still level up. Additionally, a few girls actually gain affection from the player losing in certain stances, such as Mika. It's not a common element, but cases of it happening do exist.

Finally, for those interested in mods, the previously posted version of Waifupocalypse breaks the latest builds due to conflicts with Mika's new content. So, if you enjoyed that content, be sure to keep a copy of an older build around to use with it. A mild fix was released by another player that removes the conflicting mod content for Mika while retaining everything else. I'll attach it to this post, and there is also some sad news as the creator of Waifupocalypse has decided to stop modding, at least for the moment. So the mod is currently as complete as it will be.

I prefer to experience Threshold's vision for MGD, but Waifupocalypse was highly praised by others who enjoyed mod content on MGD's Discord, so this is a true loss for the title's modding scene. In the event that they ever view this post, thank you for your hard work and contributions to MGD.

Yeah, that's was the last missing puzzle piece, for now. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Eredin5

Jun 20, 2018

Hey L30, I've been meaning to ask how you know so much about the game? Are you working with Threshold? I know much of things you state are from the lore found throughout the game, but it seems like you know more than what's released. Sorry to ask if you stated before.

As for your take on Shizu I find her more to be a true switch. From the moment you meet her, you have 3 different options to submit to her, 2 of which are before battle. Then during her ambush battle she can dominate the MC via foot fetish not to mention through her other stances. Her Temple battle has even more potential to dominate MCs who are weak to breasts. Not to mention all of the ways she can dominate MC after the battle. I'd even say were it not for her Darkness level of self masochism she would be a complete Dom only beaten out by Sophia. I would not mind seeing more Dom content from her in the future, that's for sure, even though she is very well developed at the moment.

Acidcola

Nov 2, 2018
And here is another problem with the music files in 20.4d:
When going through Kotone training the last session wants to play game\music\Relaxing\Purple Planet Music - Dreamy - A Touch Of Zen (4_25) 62bpmt.mp3, which is actually Purple Planet Music - Dreamy - A Touch Of Zen (4_25) 62bpm.mp3

Seems to be a typo in the script. This one can be ignored and doesn't CTD the game.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018

"WaifuNoCatlypse"... You deserve an award, sir. Also, thanks for all the in-depth explanations you give regularly, any community would be super lucky to have someone as willing to help others understand it as you are!

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hey L30, I've been meaning to ask how you know so much about the game? Are you working with Threshold? I know much of things you state are from the lore found throughout the game, but it seems like you know more than what's released. Sorry to ask if you stated before.

As for your take on Shizu I find her more to be a true switch. From the moment you meet her, you have 3 different options to submit to her, 2 of which are before battle. Then during her ambush battle she can dominate the MC via foot fetish not to mention through her other stances. Her Temple battle has even more potential to dominate MCs who are weak to breasts. Not to mention all of the ways she can dominate MC after the battle. I'd even say were it not for her Darkness level of self masochism she would be a complete Dom only beaten out by Sophia. I would not mind seeing more Dom content from her in the future, that's for sure, even though she is very well developed at the moment.
I've answered a similar question before, but I do not mind answering it again, so no need to apologize. No, I'm not working with Threshold, I'm just a Patreon supporter and an active member of MGD's Discord who likely posts too many walls of text. However, I do posit theories, make observations, and ask questions to try and glean more information from Threshold, but they're very tight lipped and rarely reveal anything beyond what is in game or what the near term development goals are in general. But between reading through the code on occasion, double checking information in the game, and the additional pieces of information that are infrequently shared, I have some level of understanding of the game and its setting that I try to share, especially when it looks like it may be useful for the current discussion.

As for your views on Shizu, that is a perfectly valid interpretation as well. I'll admit I tend to discount the more dominant options when it comes to combat interactions since the combat system kind of forces both sides to try and dominate the other to win by drowning the opponent in pleasure before they can do the same to you. However, you do raise several good points and Shizu's dialogue is intentionally obfuscating as she talks about how a succubus kunoichi is constantly on the edge, balancing submission and domination, as well as her mentioning whether the submission is actually real or all an act to appeal to the kunoichi's target. So it is true she could be more of an actual switch than anything.

Either way, I am also looking forward to any new content that is concerned with the current leader of the Kunoichi Succubi but that is likely a ways off considering current plans are to finish the last two expansions to the Forest Dungeon, the Matango update and then the Imp update which will include the arch-imp that I shared an art spoiler for here. Then after the Forest Dungeon's current expansions are complete development will shift to adding the next location, the Caverns, then the following set of updates will be the NPC system overhaul which will also likely have scenes to flesh out the town NPCs, and then the round of updates after that will be focused on tweaking the combat system as one eventual goal is to change perk points to being rewarded every 3 levels rather than every 5. But after that, the future is currently unknown, development from there could shift to the Labyrinth, the Caverns area dungeon that does not contain a sigil nor a commander, assuming it is not included in the Caverns update itself or perhaps one of the two side quest areas will be added such as the Elf Village or Harpy Village.

I do hope that this answers any questions that you may have, Eredin5.

"WaifuNoCatlypse"... You deserve an award, sir. Also, thanks for all the in-depth explanations you give regularly, any community would be super lucky to have someone as willing to help others understand it as you are!
Thank you very much, and you're welcome!

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Either way, I am also looking forward to any new content that is concerned with the current leader of the Kunoichi Succubi but that is likely a ways off considering current plans are to finish the last two expansions to the Forest Dungeon, the Matango update and then the Imp update which will include the arch-imp that I shared an art spoiler for here.
Incidentally the image can be seen when Sofia tries to hypnotize you

Last edited:
Reactions: Volta
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes