Eredin5

Jun 20, 2018
I've answered a similar question before, but I do not mind answering it again, so no need to apologize. No, I'm not working with Threshold, I'm just a Patreon supporter and an active member of MGD's Discord who likely posts too many walls of text. However, I do posit theories, make observations, and ask questions to try and glean more information from Threshold, but they're very tight lipped and rarely reveal anything beyond what is in game or what the near term development goals are in general. But between reading through the code on occasion, double checking information in the game, and the additional pieces of information that are infrequently shared, I have some level of understanding of the game and its setting that I try to share, especially when it looks like it may be useful for the current discussion.

As for your views on Shizu, that is a perfectly valid interpretation as well. I'll admit I tend to discount the more dominant options when it comes to combat interactions since the combat system kind of forces both sides to try and dominate the other to win by drowning the opponent in pleasure before they can do the same to you. However, you do raise several good points and Shizu's dialogue is intentionally obfuscating as she talks about how a succubus kunoichi is constantly on the edge, balancing submission and domination, as well as her mentioning whether the submission is actually real or all an act to appeal to the kunoichi's target. So it is true she could be more of an actual switch than anything.

Either way, I am also looking forward to any new content that is concerned with the current leader of the Kunoichi Succubi but that is likely a ways off considering current plans are to finish the last two expansions to the Forest Dungeon, the Matango update and then the Imp update which will include the arch-imp that I shared an art spoiler for here. Then after the Forest Dungeon's current expansions are complete development will shift to adding the next location, the Caverns, then the following set of updates will be the NPC system overhaul which will also likely have scenes to flesh out the town NPCs, and then the round of updates after that will be focused on tweaking the combat system as one eventual goal is to change perk points to being rewarded every 3 levels rather than every 5. But after that, the future is currently unknown, development from there could shift to the Labyrinth, the Caverns area dungeon that does not contain a sigil nor a commander, assuming it is not included in the Caverns update itself or perhaps one of the two side quest areas will be added such as the Elf Village or Harpy Village.

I do hope that this answers any questions that you may have, Eredin5.

Thank you very much, and you're welcome!
You have been most helpful, L30, much appreciated. That Arch-Imp teaser looks absolutely delicious, can't wait to see her in the game. I'm less excited for the matango update, nothing against her, but she really doesn't do it for me. Hopefully both of those updates will arrive sooner than later and flesh out the characters a bit more. Not that I'm complaining, but it's been a long time since a new area was added. I wonder what we can expect to see in there, any clues as to a general theme?

Reactions: L30

L30

Dec 20, 2017
You have been most helpful, L30, much appreciated. That Arch-Imp teaser looks absolutely delicious, can't wait to see her in the game. I'm less excited for the matango update, nothing against her, but she really doesn't do it for me. Hopefully both of those updates will arrive sooner than later and flesh out the characters a bit more. Not that I'm complaining, but it's been a long time since a new area was added. I wonder what we can expect to see in there, any clues as to a general theme?
The Matango update should arrive fairly soon, it was supposed to be a smaller update unless feature creep has happened again and they get fleshed out more than was initially planned for this update. The only overt hints have been that the Caverns will feature girls that for the most part are more predatory, as in they're not seeking love and affection and only see you as a source of food and will milk you until you faint and warp back to the Church, and there will probably be fewer out of combat events as a result as well. Probably a fair chance for more Arachne like Camilla, and if so, they'll likely be in predator mode like how you can cause Camilla's instincts to temporarily take over if you keep struggling in her web.

There may be Matango variants as well as their codex entry in the grimoire states that more dangerous types of Matango reside beyond the Mountain area, so it could be a situation akin to the Harpies on the Mountain and Tengu Harpies in the Temple. The reason for this guess being that there aren't very many other plausible regions to place the more dangerous Matango beyond the Caverns and the Labyrinth given the other areas are the Capital and its dungeon, the Desert and its Pyramid, and the Demon Queen's Castle, the latter of which could work but it would seem less likely for the other two areas. However, this is also assuming they'll make an appearance, which they may not.

A number of guesses were launched, including bat girls, snake girls which may include Lamia or Medusa, various insect and arthropod type girls and the like, but there have been no confirmations for any of the general encounters nor most unique encounters. Although, there was one specifically confirmed monster girl for the Caverns, Perpetua will make her grand return as your sworn nemesis. That was somewhat expected however as she did wind up wandering into the Caverns at the end of the scene where the Black Knight wrecks the lift for the Mountain.

So, in summation, you can expect hungry predators who see you as a food source and Perpetua in the Caverns. I do hope that you've found this helpful, Eredin5.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
The Matango update should arrive fairly soon, it was supposed to be a smaller update unless feature creep has happened again and they get fleshed out more than was initially planned for this update. The only overt hints have been that the Caverns will feature girls that for the most part are more predatory, as in they're not seeking love and affection and only see you as a source of food and will milk you until you faint and warp back to the Church, and there will probably be fewer out of combat events as a result as well. Probably a fair chance for more Arachne like Camilla, and if so, they'll likely be in predator mode like how you can cause Camilla's instincts to temporarily take over if you keep struggling in her web.

There may be Matango variants as well as their codex entry in the grimoire states that more dangerous types of Matango reside beyond the Mountain area, so it could be a situation akin to the Harpies on the Mountain and Tengu Harpies in the Temple. The reason for this guess being that there aren't very many other plausible regions to place the more dangerous Matango beyond the Caverns and the Labyrinth given the other areas are the Capital and its dungeon, the Desert and its Pyramid, and the Demon Queen's Castle, the latter of which could work but it would seem less likely for the other two areas. However, this is also assuming they'll make an appearance, which they may not.

A number of guesses were launched, including bat girls, snake girls which may include Lamia or Medusa, various insect and arthropod type girls and the like, but there have been no confirmations for any of the general encounters nor most unique encounters. Although, there was one specifically confirmed monster girl for the Caverns, Perpetua will make her grand return as your sworn nemesis. That was somewhat expected however as she did wind up wandering into the Caverns at the end of the scene where the Black Knight wrecks the lift for the Mountain.

So, in summation, you can expect hungry predators who see you as a food source and Perpetua in the Caverns. I do hope that you've found this helpful, Eredin5.
i really like Perpetua

Reactions: track989

Eredin5

Jun 20, 2018

Again most helpful. I can't believe I forgot about poor old Perpetua! Her first two fights were funny but not very challenging, I hope she surprises this time around. Maybe she will have learned some new tricks during her travels. Or even better yet, she was holding back. I doubt it, but even if she's just as goofy as before it will be nice to see her. It would be nice if we can encounter her repeatedly there too.

As for the rest of the cast, I would like to see the more predatory girls as long as they aren't scary looking like so many in MGQ. Unfortunately, I could not enjoy at least 1/3 of the girls in MGQ because they were too much monster and not enough girl. Bring on the aggression, but please keep them sexy, Threshold

Reactions: L30 and Volta

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Give Threshold is due the way he's handled the more monstrous of the girls so far (the manticore, spider girl and Jora) he tends to give them an emotional level that somewhat humanises them, whereas certain other girls like Nara and Vivian are far more surface level or genuinely worrying respectively, to put it another way i know that Jora would never screw the PC over knowingly but i can expect Vivian to do so whenever she can for profit and lol's. In that way physical monstrosity becomes secondary, though i agree, i don't want any of those weird shit chimera girls from MGQ, they are just some whole jug of LSD levels of unsexy right there.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Personally I think the more monstrous the better and so far the game delivers. Kaia is pretty good and Jora is simply the most adorable thing in the entire game.

Reactions: L30 and Volta

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hmm... I can't figure out which "extra" Sofia scenes I need for the Ancilla one. :confused:
Have you tried approaching her while wearing a collar type accessory like the Strange Collar?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do hope that you've found this helpful, Nubatron.

It would be nice if we can encounter her repeatedly there too.

As for the rest of the cast, I would like to see the more predatory girls as long as they aren't scary looking like so many in MGQ. Unfortunately, I could not enjoy at least 1/3 of the girls in MGQ because they were too much monster and not enough girl. Bring on the aggression, but please keep them sexy, Threshold
While it is unknown if that will be the location, it is planned to eventually give Perpetua a repeatable encounter. So those who love their self-proclaimed nemesis will eventually be able to go see her and enjoy her content whenever they wish.

As for some of the more extreme MGQ monsters, I doubt creatures of that nature will be a part of the title given the themes presented thus far and the overall tone that has been established. Although, Vivian's current art is being touched up and redone for a future succubus character while Vivian herself will be getting new art. Given that some people have disliked or found Vivian's current art off-putting, that future succubus may be the closest thing to a more horrific MGQ style monster for some individuals.

Jora is probably a safe measuring stick for how monstrous some of the less humanoid monster girls that may be encountered in the future will appear, or perhaps Camilla, once the lovely spider-girl/Arachne/Drider gets her art.

While this is not very much, I do hope that you've found this helpful, Eredin5.

has anyone beaten sofias 3rd fight?
Yes, I have, although my character is also extremely powerful and high level due how long I have played the same character. If you do not have a high Tech or Will stat, it will be much more challenging. High Luck could help compensate for the former two, but it will always be just chance that you may be able to succeed on the checks and avoid falling into a bad state.

High Tech builds that also have focused on building up Virility for the Demon Layer could have an easier time since they may be able to actually land a blow with the Holy Weapon, and if they have buffed up while debuffing Sofia's defense, they may be able to finish off her second phase rather quickly.

Trying to inflict any form of CC status effect on her second phase for the third fight is a waste of time as her resistances are so high as to virtually be immune to such effects. Proper usage of buffs, debuffs, recovery items, and neutral damaging attacks like Arouse or Suckle if you are unable to land blows with the Demon Layer will eventually see you to victory. Also, the fight has been made easier than it used to be since Sofia will now telegraph some moves in which case you may want to defend to help avoid them if you can not naturally pass the checks given the bonuses it bestows.

Worst case scenario, grinding levels is always a functional fallback and can allow you to get powerful enough to force your way through. I know that the advice is somewhat generic, but I do hope that you find it helpful, Kornuptiko.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
I was all charm/luck until third phase sofia(About 55 for each). You pretty much need to invest in some will or tech if you haven't or the RNG checks will always fail for you. Bring plenty of conscio powder too. Used moxie to buff up(Moxie would hit near 100 charm stat with the buff) and then ear tease.

Eredin5

Jun 20, 2018
Have you tried approaching her while wearing a collar type accessory like the Strange Collar?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do hope that you've found this helpful, Nubatron.

While it is unknown if that will be the location, it is planned to eventually give Perpetua a repeatable encounter. So those who love their self-proclaimed nemesis will eventually be able to go see her and enjoy her content whenever they wish.

As for some of the more extreme MGQ monsters, I doubt creatures of that nature will be a part of the title given the themes presented thus far and the overall tone that has been established. Although, Vivian's current art is being touched up and redone for a future succubus character while Vivian herself will be getting new art. Given that some people have disliked or found Vivian's current art off-putting, that future succubus may be the closest thing to a more horrific MGQ style monster for some individuals.

Jora is probably a safe measuring stick for how monstrous some of the less humanoid monster girls that may be encountered in the future will appear, or perhaps Camilla, once the lovely spider-girl/Arachne/Drider gets her art.

While this is not very much, I do hope that you've found this helpful, Eredin5.

Yes, I have, although my character is also extremely powerful and high level due how long I have played the same character. If you do not have a high Tech or Will stat, it will be much more challenging. High Luck could help compensate for the former two, but it will always be just chance that you may be able to succeed on the checks and avoid falling into a bad state.

High Tech builds that also have focused on building up Virility for the Demon Layer could have an easier time since they may be able to actually land a blow with the Holy Weapon, and if they have buffed up while debuffing Sofia's defense, they may be able to finish off her second phase rather quickly.

Trying to inflict any form of CC status effect on her second phase for the third fight is a waste of time as her resistances are so high as to virtually be immune to such effects. Proper usage of buffs, debuffs, recovery items, and neutral damaging attacks like Arouse or Suckle if you are unable to land blows with the Demon Layer will eventually see you to victory. Also, the fight has been made easier than it used to be since Sofia will now telegraph some moves in which case you may want to defend to help avoid them if you can not naturally pass the checks given the bonuses it bestows.

Worst case scenario, grinding levels is always a functional fallback and can allow you to get powerful enough to force your way through. I know that the advice is somewhat generic, but I do hope that you find it helpful, Kornuptiko.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Perpetua the first one to get art? I used to enjoy the game without the art but now it's hard to picture it without any.

I'm happy in the direction Threshold has taken in the game thus far with the cast. So far, there have been no futas, grotesque monsters or death by snu-snu. It's very refreshing for me. I'm not one to kink shame, but we don't need to see every thing sexual in every h-game. I'm fine with Catherine's lewd options as well as the slime girl's butt play and even Jora's battle stuff. If anyone is uncomfortable with that stuff then just don't do it that simple, but it's there for the people that like it. Best of all even our monstrous girls are very tame with Jora being adorable and Kaia a very sexy woman with a tail.

Reactions: Alaric1066

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
My dude, MGQ paradox is tame.
I raise you this:
That website is blocked for me, not sure whether I should be glad or not. But if it's really worse than paradox, maybe it's for the best.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
That website is blocked for me, not sure whether I should be glad or not. But if it's really worse than paradox, maybe it's for the best.
a round ball with a bunch of eyes on the upper left side, exposed gray matter on the upper right side, some exposed intestines on the lower right side, some stitches and a bone hand on the lower left side, a gaping maw on the bottom , and on the center a girl whom's hand and feet are fused with the ball she also has no mouth and a bloody open wound on her abdomen... Seen worse

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes