TheBackup8145

Apr 26, 2020
...I'm just gonna be honest, I don't give a flying F#CK about CGs anymore. I've followed this game since it was just text, so all I want is more text...lol
Exactly, it's always feature creep that screws up games like these with great potential. They want to add CG's, they want to add new gameplay mechanics, even though what they were already doing was perfect in the first place. I've replayed the content we've already had so much that getting CG's would only interest me the first like 2-3 times I see it, and then back to boredom; which is not nearly enough bang for your buck in terms of wait time. Just having more written content would be fantastic! My imagination was good enough to fit the gaps before, it sure as hell still is now.

Mar 22, 2023
Exactly, it's always feature creep that screws up games like these with great potential. They want to add CG's, they want to add new gameplay mechanics, even though what they were already doing was perfect in the first place. I've replayed the content we've already had so much that getting CG's would only interest me the first like 2-3 times I see it, and then back to boredom; which is not nearly enough bang for your buck in terms of wait time. Just having more written content would be fantastic! My imagination was good enough to fit the gaps before, it sure as hell still is now.
No it's not.

Treshold is the writer. He leaves the CG drawing to other artists. There's no feature creep here, since his time isn't being taken by CGs. I think it's fine to want them. They definitely improve the game.

TheBackup8145

Apr 26, 2020
No it's not.

Treshold is the writer. He leaves the CG drawing to other artists. There's no feature creep here, since his time isn't being taken by CGs. I think it's fine to want them. They definitely improve the game.
Well perhaps CG's don't limit the development for this game, but I still haven't forgotten how much longer the labyrinth had taken to develop that maze mechanic which I only bothered playing like twice. I'm also pretty sure that the monster capital is going to have it's own mechanics as well which is, again, making everything take so long. So there is definitely feature creep imo.

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Well perhaps CG's don't limit the development for this game, but I still haven't forgotten how much longer the labyrinth had taken to develop that maze mechanic which I only bothered playing like twice. I'm also pretty sure that the monster capital is going to have it's own mechanics as well which is, again, making everything take so long. So there is definitely feature creep imo.
Frankly, I kinda don't like some of the CGs because they don't and can't always fit with what is happening, which makes sense (why is the minotaur on top of me, bearing down, if I am initiating sex?) because there are so many stances and circumstances you could be in. There's too much variation for this to practically work out in this game. So your imagination ends up clashing with the cg you are presented with.
Even if that could be resolved I think I'd rather not have too detailed cgs as they feel like they limit what can be seen as correct. Like, when you see it differently in your head from the text to what the game represents.

No attack on others, heck, I play many games just for the cgs, but here I think I'd prefer less cgs and just more text. But that's like just my opinion.

Mar 22, 2023
Frankly, I kinda don't like some of the CGs because they don't and can't always fit with what is happening, which makes sense (why is the minotaur on top of me, bearing down, if I am initiating sex?)
To be fair there's also maledom CG in the game, but I do half agree with you generally.

The way combat works, it doesn't really consider the dominant partner when it comes to gameplay, but when it comes to art, it forces a scene. It's the same issue with slime.

Don't forget. Even with Minotaur on top she has tons of submissive expressions, so you can still get the feeling of domming them from under them. Also this is only an issue so long as there's as few CGs in the game. The more they add, the more it'll balance out.

The majority of the consensual non-combat scenes are maledom so when those start getting CG like railing Galvi, railing Belle, railing Feng, railing Kotone, railing Aiko and more, the feeling of the game will switch.
All victory scenes are also maledom so when those start getting CGs, the game feel will change as well.

Right now, there's a disparity felt since a lot of the scenes given CGs are are the female assertive ones.

There's also naturally submissive girls like Nara (mountaintop dancer), Matango (mushroom), Alraune, Elf, Bubble Slime, Tabitha and more.
Hell Tabitha already has a maledom non-combat CG.

For girls like Nara and the others, the only sexual events they have in game are them getting railed from behind or missionary so when they get their CGs, whether they initiate or you initiate you'll only see doggy or missionary.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Frankly, I kinda don't like some of the CGs because they don't and can't always fit with what is happening, which makes sense (why is the minotaur on top of me, bearing down, if I am initiating sex?) because there are so many stances and circumstances you could be in. There's too much variation for this to practically work out in this game. So your imagination ends up clashing with the cg you are presented with.
Even if that could be resolved I think I'd rather not have too detailed cgs as they feel like they limit what can be seen as correct. Like, when you see it differently in your head from the text to what the game represents.

No attack on others, heck, I play many games just for the cgs, but here I think I'd prefer less cgs and just more text. But that's like just my opinion.
That's not a CG issue, the text has the same problems. For most fights the sex stance alternates between the girl on top when it's her turn and you on top when it's yours. Perhaps it could be fixed by having two different stances for the player or the girl on top and moves to switch between them, but at this stage that would be a big change.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Perhaps it could be fixed by having two different stances for the player or the girl on top and moves to switch between them, but at this stage that would be a big change.
That's actually not true.

In text, it actually works just how it does in CG.
Player's skills are skills like Thrust, Multi-Thrust, Passionate Lovemaking, Pound and stuff.
None of those skills are position specific, and never specify how the player's thrusting.

It's similar for the monster girls.
They have generic skills like Bounce, and Energetic Bounce.
None of those skills are position specific, and never specify how the monster girls are bouncing.

There are sex positions where the girl can't move so it's mostly not Missionary in the game, but otherwise, girls like Nara can have a doggystyle position, have a CG, and use the same skill text with everything making sense.

The difference is usually in monster girl unique skills.
Like Vili's Vexaxious Lovemaking and such skills. Those are written in such a way where it's pretty clear how you're fucking them.

Last edited:

triplebrc

May 29, 2019
Yeah no. If I physically overpower and pin down the minotaur, then initiate sex, then logically that would be her being pinned down (since she can't move at all while restrained) and getting fucked from someone on top, not her sitting on top of my character having a big old grin as if she initiated, is looking like she is obviously in control and clearly holding the player down, that one is undeniably unfitting for offensive sex initiated by the player. Aside from generic skills there are also rather specific ones, like carrying fuck that requires the restraint, uses same CG as the others.

If CGs are supposed to be somewhat accurate then they would require submissive, balanced and dominant versions each for sex, with submissive getting shown as the enemy is attacking in sex stance, dominant getting shown as the player is attacking, and the balanced one being shown in between while the stance is active and non sex attacks are used, just like the text is always switching depending on who is on the offensive. Balanced one probably would do it for many situations if we aren't expecting too much, but at the very least during restraints it completely stops being accurate either in one or both directions.

Now obviously that is getting into the nitpicky territory, as even having a single basic balanced sex CG or a one sided one thats unfitting for at least half the possible situations would be a massive improvement over the current bare bones status, but to act like there is not a big dissonance at times between what is shown and what is written with some of the CGs we have is just dishonest. I personally do not mind much given that I know its not realistic to ask for too many CGs (just the thought of having different ones for who is leading in sex and factoring in restrains,1 more for special attacks and or other stances like kissing or blowjob is ludicrous daydreaming) that accurately fit the situations described by text. It is standard for the genre that pictures are not all that accurate most of the time even in one sided domination games that always have the same dynamic, let alone mixed ones like this, as it would be obviously limiting, so more important is that the CGs we hopefully do get are at least nice to look at and capture at least one possible situation properly, which in case of the more recent ones is definitely the case.

Reactions: FookinMicrowave
Mar 22, 2023
Yeah no. If I physically overpower and pin down the minotaur, then initiate sex, then logically that would be her being pinned down (since she can't move at all while restrained) and getting fucked from someone on top, not her sitting on top of my character having a big old grin as if she initiated,
But that's not what the text says tho...
1692740524831.png

That can happen from any position. I kinda agree with pinning them (conceptually), but not really there too cause pinning just means stopping something from moving and you can do that from any position too.

If CGs are supposed to be somewhat accurate then they would require submissive, balanced and dominant versions each for sex,
I mean a doggystyle CG would fit all 3.
Thing with the cowgirl CGs is that it gives the sense that the other person's in control while doggystyle wouldn't.

In truth though, the MC's skills don't give any leaning when it comes to sexual content, so the scene being whatever the monster girl wants makes sense. They are the ones initiating the encounters by chasing the player down in the first place.

For Minotaur in particular the way I see it is that they go from their natural standing stances, player rushes up to Minotaur to insert and she shoves him to the ground. The text that she says after you insert even hints that's what happens.

I just realized though that some of the submissive monster girls probably won't get intercourse CG because it's not likely players will see it.

For instance, the Manticore. If she got a CG it'd be missionary or mating press cause she has no sexual experience and if you insert into her, all she can do is use seduce. But design wise her gameplan and most likely to happen action in the fight is her getting your dick in her tail which means that's most likely what she gets CG for.

Same thing with Kyra... (forest lizard girl)

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
About the labyrinth; would be nice if Iabel (or the others) would realize somehow that the player favours pounding them instead of fleeing even though he stands in front of the exit with all keys required. :sneaky:

ReanS02

Jul 22, 2022
I haven't played this game in a few months, how much content has there been added after the labyrinth? Is it worth playing or should I wait longer?

• Sad
Reactions: snapson
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes