Dushar67

Oct 13, 2020
So can anyone help me on enabling the console? I've followed every step, but for some reason I just cant enable it in game.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
last year they seemed more frequent to update
There were multiple side-stuff updates, yes, but now the author is back on trying to build the next chapter of the main story, and it's... I'll go with "highly ambitious." The Labyrinth has its own control system and a turn-based strategy minigame that's a bit like Pac-Man crossed with Foxes and Goose (MC is the Goose). He's really pushing Renpy in a direction I haven't seen before, and I'm sure it has a lot of challenges to work out. That's without going into additional art assets that he's previewed in the Patreon (which I won't share here, because that's a Patron perk seeing those).

TL DR; Maybe he did update more frequently, but the next update is going to be a doozy, adding a new zone that plays differently than the rest of the game before it.

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
Is there a latest bugfix version of the Waifupocalypse mod that still has the Milk Maid content attached to it? All the latest updates of that mod that I've found on the Discord and the Wiki seem to have that content removed, and I would rather have the complete mod experience.

• Wow
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

tulkas11

May 3, 2018
There were multiple side-stuff updates, yes, but now the author is back on trying to build the next chapter of the main story, and it's... I'll go with "highly ambitious." The Labyrinth has its own control system and a turn-based strategy minigame that's a bit like Pac-Man crossed with Foxes and Goose (MC is the Goose). He's really pushing Renpy in a direction I haven't seen before, and I'm sure it has a lot of challenges to work out. That's without going into additional art assets that he's previewed in the Patreon (which I won't share here, because that's a Patron perk seeing those).

TL DR; Maybe he did update more frequently, but the next update is going to be a doozy, adding a new zone that plays differently than the rest of the game before it.
My reading of the most recent patreon update is that the next update is going to be mainly art assets, and the Labyrinth was pushed to the following update. But that update should have all of the Labyrinth content, in contrast to an earlier plan where threshold was going to split the Labyrinth into two updates.

Reactions: MadFoole

Tired Noir

Dec 29, 2018
Will you ever be able to go genocide route in this game, or it's a MGE lite?
Because some of those women deserve a painful death for their thotery, especially the soul killing bitch Sofia

• Angry
Reactions: MadFoole
Jul 8, 2020
Will you ever be able to go genocide route in this game, or it's a MGE lite?
Because some of those women deserve a painful death for their thotery, especially the soul killing bitch Sofia
You know Sofia stopped 'soul killing bitch'ing years ago? I'm pretty sure it's against the law or something, and that the entire point of her weak fights earlier on is because she's so lethargic from not having that high of power from soul sucking. Kinda what makes sheep girl (Ancilla) special to her as well. Unless you wish her a painful demise for another reason barring her history of killing people (God knows what 'thotery' even refers to in a game where every. single. character. fucks you. Well most anyway-).

Also: No. I'm not an authoritative figure on the game's development or anything but... No.

Tired Noir

Dec 29, 2018
You know Sofia stopped 'soul killing bitch'ing years ago? I'm pretty sure it's against the law or something, and that the entire point of her weak fights earlier on is because she's so lethargic from not having that high of power from soul sucking. Kinda what makes sheep girl (Ancilla) special to her as well. Unless you wish her a painful demise for another reason barring her history of killing people (God knows what 'thotery' even refers to in a game where every. single. character. fucks you. Well most anyway-).

Also: No. I'm not an authoritative figure on the game's development or anything but... No.
anyone who soul kills deserve the penalty of being soul killed themselves, doesn't matter if they "reformed"

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
anyone who soul kills deserve the penalty of being soul killed themselves, doesn't matter if they "reformed"
i remind you it was during a war. the girls were also affected with demonic energy
besides monster girls saw humans as food back then:cautious:

i made 3 posts that summarize the lore of this game:cool:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Only reason I don't think Sofia should be killed is I can't think of a war crime more based than eating people's souls. Really the dev fucked up by not setting the game in the ages spanning mutual war of extermination.

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
eh, I don't think it's that cut and dry.

First, we don't know enough regarding the circumstances of when Sofia's soul eating began. she's only around 2000 yrs old, while the war has been going on for supposedly 100,000 yrs, so she was probably raised knowing she could be fighting for her life at anytime. She also mentions that consuming a soul is both an instant boost to power, which would be very helpful on the battlefield, and that it is also highly addictive, numbing all other sensations while causing a major high. Plus, we learn from Catherine, one of the succ. Campers, that it is possible to attempt soul consuming unintentionally. It's framed that it happens because she is immature, only recently converted into a succubus, and is lacking control, but it still sets a precedent for the action being unintentional.

Second, we don't know enough about the soul and about death. None of the characters yet give much detail regarding whether people believe in the afterlife, or what they think happens to souls after death. there is no mention of the soul going up to Heaven, or getting reincarnated, or anything really. It is entirely possible that the soul is simply a spiritual organ, and that it dissipates after death. Sofia describes a soul as similar to a fountain, Venefica only talks about it producing spiritual energy in humans and demonic energy in MGs, and the church gave no info regarding the soul or afterlife. The only character to interact with souls after death, was Kotone attempting to revive Feng, and that clearly failed since Feng held no memories pre-mortem.

TL;DR We don't know her circumstances, or if it was really that much worse than simply killing.

Jul 9, 2019
Only reason I don't think Sofia should be killed is I can't think of a war crime more based than eating people's souls. Really the dev fucked up by not setting the game in the ages spanning mutual war of extermination.
I'd love it if in future updates Sofia told detailed stories of her war crimes. If it's true like L30 said a while back about Sofia consuming millions of souls, and if Sofia is indeed 2,000 years old like she claims she is, then even a low-end estimate of 1 million would average out to 500 souls per day. Assuming she didn't eat the same amount each day, some days must've been excessively high. On those days she must've approached insane levels of gluttony, like 24 straight hours of feasting - or bingeing, given the addictive nature of eating souls.

"If war crimes are bad why do they taste so good?" - Sofia, probably.

Edit: I'm a dumbass and messed up the math, it would be 500 souls per year, or ~1.37 per day.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Nevart and decker2

Maeror Ignis

Sep 21, 2020
How do I access updates? Will downloading a new one delete my progress?
Just override the folder with the new one. Or if you're afraid something will break, delete the folder and replace it with the new one, I'm pretty sure the saves are held in "../AppData/Roaming/Renpy/MGD".

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Eh, considering how powerful Sofia is and all her talk about how many souls she used to eat it's not a stretch to think that she consumed way more than necessary "to survive the war" or even be an effective fighter, and seems that she really only stopped because it became an illegal act. Then again, even if someone wanted to punish her, I doubt such a powerful enough person to actually do so exists in the game universe.

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
eh, I don't think it's that cut and dry.

First, we don't know enough regarding the circumstances of when Sofia's soul eating began. she's only around 2000 yrs old, while the war has been going on for supposedly 100,000 yrs, so she was probably raised knowing she could be fighting for her life at anytime. She also mentions that consuming a soul is both an instant boost to power, which would be very helpful on the battlefield, and that it is also highly addictive, numbing all other sensations while causing a major high. Plus, we learn from Catherine, one of the succ. Campers, that it is possible to attempt soul consuming unintentionally. It's framed that it happens because she is immature, only recently converted into a succubus, and is lacking control, but it still sets a precedent for the action being unintentional.

Second, we don't know enough about the soul and about death. None of the characters yet give much detail regarding whether people believe in the afterlife, or what they think happens to souls after death. there is no mention of the soul going up to Heaven, or getting reincarnated, or anything really. It is entirely possible that the soul is simply a spiritual organ, and that it dissipates after death. Sofia describes a soul as similar to a fountain, Venefica only talks about it producing spiritual energy in humans and demonic energy in MGs, and the church gave no info regarding the soul or afterlife. The only character to interact with souls after death, was Kotone attempting to revive Feng, and that clearly failed since Feng held no memories pre-mortem.

TL;DR We don't know her circumstances, or if it was really that much worse than simply killing.
Ohhhhhh boy my second favorite debate. The monster girl war crimes!!!!!

Firstly, While Sofia may have started by eating souls by 'accident' that doesn't suddenly forgive the action taken. If you accidentally kill someone that doesn't suddenly mean 'oh well try to not do it again you crazy mass murder you'. Also it's a very big stretch to say that Sofia started by accidentally eating a soul. The new camper who nearly eats your soul was a human who was turned into a succubus. She didn't have control over her urges because she was a new succubus. Sofia was born a succubus or maybe an imp and became a succubus? (The life cycle of succubi and imps is kinda messy) She probably knew or was taught how to eat souls very quickly and this was most likely used as you said to increase power of the monster girls rapidly. This brings up the second issue. Even if eating souls is a major power boost that doesn't excuse the action taken. Even we humans have the Geneva Conventions, and while not everybody abides by these rules every person is suitably disgusted by those who break these rules. Soul eating would most almost certainly fall into this camp because we are talking about eating the core of what makes a person a person (assuming souls are real irl which I have stated before not even sure if that's the case). Thirdly regarding Kotone and Feng I believe Threshold has stated that there will be a quest/storyline in the future where Feng regains her memories of when she was alive. This would imply that souls do retain the memories and it was just Kotone's imperfect dabbling in necromancy that caused the memory loss. this would mean that eating a soul and destroying it would be even worse than just killing the person because even if you just killed them their soul would be free to go to the afterlife. Soul eating prevents that and would be the highest crime imaginable because what could even come close to topping it?

Also, seeing how there is a heaven, angels, basically god, necromancy, and souls we can make the reasonable assumption that an afterlife exists. I mean if there was no afterlife and soul why would necromancy be illegal? Just because zombies make some people squicky? Some people are into bonking a dead chick, or dead boi so unless necromancy actually affected the soul of the individual that you performed necromancy on then there would be no reason to ban it. In fact necromancy could just be regarded as a different form of enchanting objects, but instead of say making a golemn out of stone you make a golemn out of the fleshy remains of somebody who died. Therefore if there is no afterlife necromancy should be celebrated as allowing people to make use of materials that have been left behind.

Longish post and debating has come back...... I'M SO HAPPY! CHEERS!!!!!!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Eh, considering how powerful Sofia is and all her talk about how many souls she used to eat it's not a stretch to think that she consumed way more than necessary "to survive the war" or even be an effective fighter, and seems that she really only stopped because it became an illegal act. Then again, even if someone wanted to punish her, I doubt such a powerful enough person to actually do so exists in the game universe.
Addicts don't generally stop just because doing what they are addicted to is illegal though. I remember that someone (can't remember who) said that at the time there was a concern that because she was so much more powerful than anyone else that there would be no way to enforce the law and stop her if she chose to keep on doing it. So 'she stopped because it was banned' is technically true, but really it seems like she had already decided to quit and the ban was just convenient timing.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
in terms of power i say:
venefica and lucille (the archangel in the church) should be about the same level as sofia:unsure:
then there is the monster queen and the goddess...

Also, seeing how there is a heaven, angels, basically god, necromancy, and souls we can make the reasonable assumption that an afterlife exists. I mean if there was no afterlife and soul why would necromancy be illegal?
well the game has a celestial realm. there are the angels and the goddess...
since there is demonic energy, i assume there is some kind of hell too:unsure:

and sucking out the soul is also the only way to bypass the protection spell on the island:sneaky:

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes