L30

Dec 20, 2017
how do you trigger the loss scene with kyra?
Kyra's new loss scene requires losing to her while in the Sex stance. Choosing to surrender while in the Sex stance should help with reaching this scene.

I do hope that you find this helpful, goldengoil.

Y'know, thinking about stat checks and whatnot, it'd be interesting to see girls locked behind the player needing below a certain amount for a stat. Something like a big beefy centaur girl (just, uh, for example, no reason why I'd say centaur specifically) who's only into guys physically weaker than herself, so if your Strength is over a certain point you'd be unable to do anything with her. Of course, that seems like it'd cause massive headaches for players who are just trying to stay balanced with their stats and happened to level their strength over that threshold, but maybe there'd be an alternate method, like her whole "only into guys physically weaker than herself" also means she's really into spellcasters, so even if you're too strong for her tastes you'd be able to show off a magical expertise and still appeal to her. Or even a mix of minimum and maximum stats, a girl who's into himbos so you'd need Strength over a certain point but Willpower to be under.

Ah, go figure that I haven't really found many of them. Wasn't too into Mika since she seemed too submissive for my tastes, and Ancilla didn't interest me much either (mainly because I found it weird she had regular human legs, felt she coulda been more monster-y on that front.)
The idea about low stats to initially earn the affection of a monster girl or them favoring one high stat as an alternative to a low stat could potentially be facilitated once the rebirth system is added considering that system will allow players to reset their level for a variety of bonuses. As for centaurs, you never know if one may make it into the title one day, we already have monster girls in other flavors similar to taur after all considering we have a lindworm (Jora), an arachne/drider (Camilla), and another that is close to a scylla (the currently unnamed Lumiren).

As for Mika, she is not nearly as submissive as she first appears during her initial encounter and battles as the "Commander's Pet." That is more roleplay than anything in order to seduce unwitting adventurers into falling for a trap. When she drops the act she is more crude and crass with her dialogue rather than the polite, submissive tone she takes while acting as the pet of the dungeon's commander. Her vaginal sex scenes will be somewhat submissive in nature at first due to her extreme sensitivity there, but you can help train her to get over that sensitivity. Additionally, you can help her with her situation and she will actually stop working for the Forest Dungeon, although she'll still rent and live in a room there as well as put on the act and fight you in the stockade room should you wish to do so. If anything, her content has something of a Sugar Daddy feel more than anything given the large amount of Eros you will need to give her to go through all of her current content.

As for Ancilla, she does note that she is a less monstrous representative of her species. She barely has any wool beyond the small puffs of wool she has on her wrists. Although, her lacking hooves and having a more humanoid lower body rather than one like a minotaur or satyr actually meshes well with her backstory and some of the information you can learn about her. She actually trained as a kunoichi with the kunoichi succubi at the Temple before moving on to study and become a therapist, psychologist, and live-in maid for monster girls undergoing rehab such as ex-True Succubi like Sofia. While I understand that she may not line up with your preferences and aesthetics for her type of monster girl, I would heartily recommend getting to know Ancilla better and get closer with her as she is a fairly interesting character as well as quite sweet overall despite her flat affect muting her outward emotional response.

I do hope that you find this information useful, icollectsouls.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Do you have the example mod installed?
Or did I forget to unhook the monster addition example...
Checking this right now.
Processing 'Test Imp'
Processing 'Beach'
Processing 'Bop It Quest'
Processing 'Fiore'
Processing 'Gren Froggirl Mod'
Processing 'Ilveria'
Processing 'Red Imp'
Processing 'Subwoofer'
Processing 'Waifupocalypse'
Saving ModLoader lists
Nope. Plus I haven't updated any mods recently either.

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
Checking this right now.

Nope. Plus I haven't updated any mods recently either.
If I were you I would make sure all of the mods you have are the most up-to-date versions, and also get rid of Test Imp and possibly Subwoofer as well. I don't think Subwoofer is compatible with the latest version of the game, but I could be wrong though.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
If I were you I would make sure all of the mods you have are the most up-to-date versions, and also get rid of Test Imp and possibly Subwoofer as well. I don't think Subwoofer is compatible with the latest version of the game, but I could be wrong though.
Was checking the . The Mods aren't completed yet but nothing about them being broken so far. I will trial and error check each one though.

Vory

May 7, 2018
I'm not sure if you are big on suggestions but after reading the various dialogues with Sofia and the succubi on the mountain I think it would be interesting if the MC ended up making one of the imps in the forest dungeon evolve then after she evolves she has to leave the dungeon and you meet her again later in the capital. Maybe make it where after seeing all the imp den scenes or just after fucking them all enough it would be interesting to me to see firsthand how a monstergirl reacts to evolving and how it might change how they view the MC.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
I'm not sure if you are big on suggestions but after reading the various dialogues with Sofia and the succubi on the mountain I think it would be interesting if the MC ended up making one of the imps in the forest dungeon evolve then after she evolves she has to leave the dungeon and you meet her again later in the capital. Maybe make it where after seeing all the imp den scenes or just after fucking them all enough it would be interesting to me to see firsthand how a monstergirl reacts to evolving and how it might change how they view the MC.
Well, there is one character that is planned to have evolving as a part of her storyline. Trisha is planned to evolve from a minor succubus into a full succubus over the course of her events, so even if your suggestion is not used, you'll still be able to see at least one character react to evolving and how it will shape their perception of the player given their role in the event.

I do hope that you find this at least a little informative, Vory.

In other news, the update is proceeding well and more work is being done on functions relating to the Day/Night system. Firstly, the blue balls condition now has three levels. How fast the condition develops and advances is dependent on your character's Virility stat and the third level can only be normally attained if you have over 500% Virility. However, at 300% Virility, the first level of blue balls will develop whenever time advances forward, even by a single block.

Additionally, rest points and healing circles have been tweaked. Resting is still a partial heal and it now advances time forward one increment while healing circles now can only be used once per a time block and requires time to increment forward before being used again. There will also be power naps that have the same restrictions as healing circles, they can only be used once per a time slot and needs time to advance forward before being available for use again.

The player's room at the Inn is now implemented as well. So you'll be able to enter your room, rest to heal up much like how resting while adventuring functions as in it is a partial heal that advances time forward by one increment, sleep until morning which should be a full restore and advances time to the Morning time block of the next day, and leave. Of course, this also lays the groundwork for dreaming or potentially having someone sneak into your room for one reason or another.

It is worth noting that some of these elements are tentative and subject to change depending on various factors such as balance concerns, future feedback, and so on. However, I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
It was mentioned before that the day/night system would affect monster strength, are there any plans for it to affect the availability of scenes & different girls? For example, if "Day Forest" includes the Slime/Lizard/Alraune/Elf that are already there, but "Night Forest" has a new, slightly more powerful monster (werewolf?) that wouldn't be encountered in the day version.
Maybe the "night affecting monster strength" could have a visual difference, so if "Day Forest" has Slime/Lizard/Alraune/Elf, "Night Forest" would have variants (recolors with different stats/abilities) of those, like Purple Slime/Salamander/Poison Alraune/Dark Elf. Although I could see it hard to consistently come up with variants for monsters, don't know what kind of "night variant" a minotaur could have. (Unless the minotaur itself got reworked to be the night variant for something else.)

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
If having certain monsters only how up at certain times is what's planned. I would personally prefer if it was new monsters added for different times instead of potentially bifurcating the encounter variety at any given time. On the whole, however, some enemies either having variants, or being stronger/weaker dependent on time is preferable. It could be interesting if it's not wholly one sided (Monsters being weaker at day and stronger at night/vice versa) Like, slimes could be stronger at night because it's not as hot so they're bodies aren't evaporating slightly. Whereas lizards are stronger in the day for basically the opposite reason.

In general, I'm not the most stoked about time mechanics, but if it's being used to add content more than restricting when we can access currently existing content then I can't complain.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
It was mentioned before that the day/night system would affect monster strength, are there any plans for it to affect the availability of scenes & different girls? For example, if "Day Forest" includes the Slime/Lizard/Alraune/Elf that are already there, but "Night Forest" has a new, slightly more powerful monster (werewolf?) that wouldn't be encountered in the day version.
Maybe the "night affecting monster strength" could have a visual difference, so if "Day Forest" has Slime/Lizard/Alraune/Elf, "Night Forest" would have variants (recolors with different stats/abilities) of those, like Purple Slime/Salamander/Poison Alraune/Dark Elf. Although I could see it hard to consistently come up with variants for monsters, don't know what kind of "night variant" a minotaur could have. (Unless the minotaur itself got reworked to be the night variant for something else.)
Currently, there are no plans for it to limit when girls can be encountered if said girl already exists in the area. So for example, Slimes, Elves, Alraunes, and so on can all still be found in the Forest during both the day and the night. As for variant art, the work done for implementing Aiko's alternate forms could allow for palette swaps to give a visual distinction to those benefiting from the nocturnal power-up perk. Now there is no guarantee that such a change would be implemented but it should be possible now to do so officially or via a mod.

Now, whether or not there will eventually be girls that can only be encountered during the day or the night such as werewolves or moth girls, I couldn't say. However, there are dangerous encounters planned such as finding the Caverns Salarisi in the Forest at Night since they use the cover of darkness to make their way down to the Town from the Caverns. This addition's purpose would be to emphasize that adventuring at night is a dangerous and risky prospect.

I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer at the moment for this WIP feature, icollectsouls.

In general, I'm not the most stoked about time mechanics, but if it's being used to add content more than restricting when we can access currently existing content then I can't complain.
Currently, it is only being used to add new content and not restrict existing content. Every girl currently available will be found during both the day and the night, so no need to worry on that front. As I mentioned above, there are plans for dangerous nocturnal encounters like finding the Caverns Salarisi in the Forest at night to really drive home how potentially dangerous it is to explore at night but the Salarisi will still be found both during daylight and nighttime hours in the Caverns.

But yes, the Day/Night system looks like it will only add and not take anything away given that it will address addiction buildup and give a natural off-ramp rather than only building up and either getting addicted or hope that a cure is offered, facilitate dreams and girls sneaking/breaking into the player's room at night, and so on.

I do hope that this alleviates your concerns, Mustang Flex.

Last edited:

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Consider me alleviated then. I'm all for more content.

On an unrelated note, and not really to suggest anything, just get people's thoughts. What difficulty do y'all generally play on? Games like this, I tend to play on easy since most of what the difficulties tweak is how long you have to spend repeating fights. I wouldn't call it grinding in this case, since I consider that more a state of mind. And the different enemies usually have enough variaty in moves and weaknesses/resistances that it never devolves into just click attack until you win like in other rpgs.

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
L30, since you're the one who seems to know almost everything about Monster Girl Dreams I've got to ask you - will you be able to one day buy yourself a house in the game, either in the starting settlement or in the monster girl capital that is yet unimplemented, or is your room at the inn going to be the only thing you can really own/rent? It just seems like your character would be able to do a lot more with a home rather than just an inn room, in regards to random events regarding visitors and night-crawling events.

L30

Dec 20, 2017

On an unrelated note, and not really to suggest anything, just get people's thoughts. What difficulty do y'all generally play on? Games like this, I tend to play on easy since most of what the difficulties tweak is how long you have to spend repeating fights. I wouldn't call it grinding in this case, since I consider that more a state of mind. And the different enemies usually have enough variaty in moves and weaknesses/resistances that it never devolves into just click attack until you win like in other rpgs.
I generally play on higher difficulties but that does not really matter very much for MGD given the minor differences between the difficulties. The biggest difference is probably the fact that Easy mode allows Spirit to be invested in with Stat points. However, given the general aim of these titles, I understand the reasons why people would prefer to choose the easier difficulties.

L30, since you're the one who seems to know almost everything about Monster Girl Dreams I've got to ask you - will you be able to one day buy yourself a house in the game, either in the starting settlement or in the monster girl capital that is yet unimplemented, or is your room at the inn going to be the only thing you can really own/rent? It just seems like your character would be able to do a lot more with a home rather than just an inn room, in regards to random events regarding visitors and night-crawling events.
Long-term plans do include the player eventually being able to get a house. There's not really much in terms of concrete details about it at the moment though as it is not in the plans for the near future. Multiple houses are unlikely as it could cause unintended issues and the base town is being considered as the location for the player's home as of the last time this discussion was brought up a few days ago.

However, as stated, this isn't really being considered in-depth at the moment and how other areas develop could change this. But in essence, the player getting a home of their own is in the long-term plans and while the original Town is being considered for the location of said house, just note that the specifics can change as the game develops and more focus is put towards this particular element.

I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer for now, Link_Xp4444.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
For erotic games like this I tend to stay on easier difficulties because yes, I want to get to the content easier and I'm generally not a fan of trying to split too much attention between enjoying the game and "enjoying" the game. I do enjoy that even on easy difficulty MGD isn't completely braindead, but still easy enough to get through where I'm not getting frustrated by constantly losing in the first area.
Long-term plans do include the player eventually being able to get a house. There's not really much in terms of concrete details about it at the moment though as it is not in the plans for the near future. Multiple houses are unlikely as it could cause unintended issues and the base town is being considered as the location for the player's home as of the last time this discussion was brought up a few days ago.

However, as stated, this isn't really being considered in-depth at the moment and how other areas develop could change this. But in essence, the player getting a home of their own is in the long-term plans and while the original Town is being considered for the location of said house, just note that the specifics can change as the game develops and more focus is put towards this particular element.
Being able to have a house would be pretty cool, especially if it came with the ability to invite certain girls to live with you for easier access (Kotone, for example, just to reduce the amount of clicks necessary to visit her). It could also pave the way for some completely new girls, like if you encountered the good ol' rat in the basement (only in monster woman form instead.) Though I'm glad these are more "long-term plans" and vaguely more-important stuff is being worked on for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triple OG and L30
Aug 7, 2018
This particular niche genre (largely text- and mechanics-based battlefuck RPGs) often has surprisingly fun and/or deep combat systems, so I started on hard (original MGQ's hard mode turned most encounters into fun little puzzle fights. MGQ Paradox's class/race/talent/job synergies were a joy to tinker with). Ran into a brick wall with the Oni sisters on Kotone's trial through :p

Restarted on easy with 1/1/1/1/1, all points pumped into Spirit. Similar enough powercurve, but with lots of leeway if you just want to goof around or hunt for cum/defeat scene variations.

On that note, I really appreciate the trend of being able to build relationships with most of the girls both in- and outside of combat. Unlocking some of the defeat scenes as cute consensual NC play is much more fun than playing RNG bingo hoping to be defeated by specific special attacks in specific stances.

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
I start normal and if I like the game replay on the hardest difficulty. The simple rpg mechanics can make it quite interesting, although as thanks for the demos mentioned with this game the difficulties even out. Once I passed the temple my spirit was roughly the same as my normal file's. I'm a sucker for RPGs - this and Lust Grimm are definitely my top 2 games on this site. Rather fun on high difficulties too.

Reactions: L30

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I'll probably discover this for myself eventually with a high enough level. But in case someone already has a build taken to this extent. Is there a point where you have high enough stats that a move that an enemy isn't weak to is more powerful than using one they are weak to if you haven't put any points into it's stat(s?

Reactions: Triple OG

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019

I play on hard mode because mostly I enjoy the challenge.
And this game has a decent enough RPG system where grinding never feels too much of a chore.
Can't wait until we get to the capital and check out the casino plus find where all the men went to :unsure:.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes