ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Just to chime in on the art discussion before I move on to update news, while having art variants to support stances and poses would be nice, it would also require massive amounts of funding in addition to time for the artists to create all of said pieces of art given the average costs for each commission. So more support for the game would also help towards this end.

On the note of support, there is currently a poll going on for Patreons to show interests in various species of monster girls. Given that this is just a vote and the options were shared on Discord, it should be fine to share them here as well to tantalize any potential future supporters. The options of the poll can be seen in the following spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Needless to say, I am a fan of all of these options. Although, I imagine one of the options is of particular interest to you, icollectsouls, given your predilection for a certain variety of equine monster girl.

Now as for more news with regards to the update, there will now also be something of a tutorial run of the Forest before the player is allowed to craft their own adventures there and explore on their own similar to how the Mountains and Caverns also have preset initial runs. This first run will be more forgiving especially in light of some first time players making the in-game lore about many adventurers giving up their career and settling down with the first elf they meet a real world statistic by quitting the title after having an initial hard run and encountering the double elf ambush on their first adventure. So if anyone has experienced a tough initial run when first trying the game, hopefully this change will prevent such an experience and boost player retention.

As a final piece of development news, work on the game will be slow for the next week as Threshold is visiting family. So the update may take just a little longer than initially planned. That said, Threshold works quite hard on this title, so them taking a break for once is a good thing from my perspective, better than eventually burning out from constantly working at a brisk pace.

I do hope that everyone interested in this news finds this at least a little useful.
Just make it clear somehow the player needs to complete a "true" forest run afterwards to unlock another area. Maybe I was just dumb, but my first playthrough I beat the forest over and over without figuring out I had another area. I might have quit if I didn't see there was an encounter (the glade) that I hadn't gotten.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Not gonna lie, all those poll options look good. My own interests are more towards snek grills. (lamias and the like). But any new monster is a good addition.

On the topic of the tutorial run. I like how Threshold's handled these. Since it's not outright holding your hand trhough a tutorial, but instead a pretty comprehensive look at most of what the zone has to offer. And it's nice story wise to have a guided experience of a zone before letting you run loose.

All told I like everything I've read about this update, hope Threshold has a good time on their break.

Reactions: L30

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
While i'm not a huge fan of some of the options, insects for example aren't really my sort of thing in most monster girl type games but i'm certain Threshold would be able to spin something good out of all of those, i'm more interested in seeing what original monster girls he can come up with, more out of curiosity than anything else.

Last edited:

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Needless to say, I am a fan of all of these options. Although, I imagine one of the options is of particular interest to you, icollectsouls, given your predilection for a certain variety of equine monster girl.
Haha, you got me there, thankfully I'm into a pretty big variety of monsters, so when the centaurs eventually (and hopefully) get added I'll be content with some other stuff. The Mono-Eyes would also be a welcome addition, and even if we already have plenty of big buff ladies in the game, I'd love to see a big "proper" Cyclops girl. Maybe she could be plump and strong, like a squishy tummy but with muscular arms.
When it says "like Carmilla, but not" what exactly does that mean? I'd love to see even a generic encounter for an arachne like her, but I can't say I'm a fan of the "other" interpretation of "arachnid girl" where they just sorta have spider legs sticking out of their back. (Example of said interpretation I don't particularly like below, from the somewhat short-lived Monster Musume Online game that I never played, just downloaded CGs from...)
036_0154.jpg
Of note, I'd say the "short stacks" option could definitely be combined with just about all the other potential options. Short-stack centaurs, short-stack mermaid, short-stack zombie, the possibilities are endless. I'd be down for just about any potential body-type + monster combination, whether it be something more "traditional" like a chubby slug girl, to stuff that either hasn't been done at all, or very rarely, like a buff fairy or less-endowed goblin.

Reactions: L30 and fanboi

NotEvenOw

Jun 25, 2017
I may as well ask here, but is there any possibility at all of this game being hosted on an additional funding platform (i.e. Subscribestar), in the possible future. I've been a long-term supporter of this game for a while now (though not the monetary kind), strictly because I'm opposed to supporting the staff of Patreon in any capacity. Hell, I'd take a Coffee link just to throw a couple of dollars Thresholds way every now and then if given the option. Kind of sucks dick (and not the good kind) to have a game I'm supportive of, but can't *actually* support.

Vory

May 7, 2018
I pretty much enjoy all types of monstergirls except for taurs but I suppose shortstacks are my favorite. That being said so far Iv'e been really pleased with the variety of monstergirls in the game so far body-wise and personality-wise.

IsokazeB

Mar 4, 2018
Please help when i try to open the android version i appears this error:

"SDL Error"
"An error occurred while trying to start the application. Please try again and/or reinstall."
"Error: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "atof" referenced by "libpng.16.so"..."

I already reinstalled it 5 times, right from the start,
I search in google and I can't find anything about it

My phone its a Moto G1
and the android version is a "Kitkat 4.4.4"
Rooted with "SuperSU"

This is the first time i can't open an
application, I beg you please help me I don't know what else to do
Why noobody anwer me? :(

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
So continuing my play thorough of testing every known variable and situation and this suddenly happened:

... what? Placeholder text? Again, I haven't added any new mods in ages and deleted the Test Imp mod. How does that show up? Also Camilia brought her twin sister or something to watch now apparently.
This is due to me forgetting to disconnect a file for testing stuff. >>

Also, apologies if I'm wrong but the Henesys theme in the menu is somewhat distracting; Maplestory has amazing background music but I kinda assume it is copyrighted?
As far as I'm aware that is not the song I'm using? All music I have in game is open source, or in a few cases made for the game.
If you can tell me which file/song it is specifically I can check into this more.

Just make it clear somehow the player needs to complete a "true" forest run afterwards to unlock another area. Maybe I was just dumb, but my first playthrough I beat the forest over and over without figuring out I had another area. I might have quit if I didn't see there was an encounter (the glade) that I hadn't gotten.
There is a reason I'm streamlining the intro a little xD

I may as well ask here, but is there any possibility at all of this game being hosted on an additional funding platform (i.e. Subscribestar), in the possible future. I've been a long-term supporter of this game for a while now (though not the monetary kind), strictly because I'm opposed to supporting the staff of Patreon in any capacity. Hell, I'd take a Coffee link just to throw a couple of dollars Thresholds way every now and then if given the option. Kind of sucks dick (and not the good kind) to have a game I'm supportive of, but can't *actually* support.
I do have an itch.io page if that helps?

Why noobody anwer me? :(
I did on my profile, unno if u get notified for that tho, will report what I said there tho. It uh, doesn't help much tho. >>

I think your android version may just be too old?
Googling the issue actually brings up your question as the first result, so I have no clue.

NotEvenOw

Jun 25, 2017
I do have an itch.io page if that helps?

Might be in your best interests if you add, or request it be added to the front page alongside your other links for the sake of visibility, as well as adding it to your Twitter header. Anyway, thanks.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Gren and Bop It Quest! mods were updated on the wiki.

Feltcute - "I'll make a note here, Valentin has updated Gren with art he commisioned from the ever-talented Jiffic, who has done art for many characters in MGD, such as camilla and shizu. I'd currently call it the most 'complete' experience in the MGD modding scene, for those wanting a good introductory choice with no loose threads. "

Camillia and Shizu artist? SIGN ME UP!

Last edited:

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Might be in your best interests if you add, or request it be added to the front page alongside your other links for the sake of visibility, as well as adding it to your Twitter header. Anyway, thanks.
Oh Its not linked on the front page here, I'll have to look into that. It is linked on the about page on patreon and I think a few other places?
Be good plan to add it to twitter as well.

IsokazeB

Mar 4, 2018
I did on my profile, unno if u get notified for that tho, will report what I said there tho. It uh, doesn't help much tho.
I think your android version may just be too old?
Googling the issue actually brings up your question as the first result, so I have no clue.
I'm sorry for that, the bell didn't notify me
what version of android should I have for the game to be compatible
I was doing the solutions that appeared on Google but nothing seems to work :(

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Newer versions of Renpy work with Android 5.0 Lollipop and later. If you use a version older than this, then there is a chance that the game will not work. In your first message about the issue, you stated that you use 4.4.4 KitKat, so unfortunately it would appear that your device is too dated to run MGD.

Apologies for not answering your earlier questions, and while this is not much in the way of a helpful answer, I do hope that you find this information useful, IsokazeB.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Just curious, is Android the only way you'd be able to play it?

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Just curious, is Android the only way you'd be able to play it?
I play exclusively on my laptop. Assuming you are asking whether it is playable on an iphone, google tells me renpy is notoriously buggy for iphones. I would be interested to hear more if it does happen to work though.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
I play exclusively on my laptop. Assuming you are asking whether it is playable on an iphone, google tells me renpy is notoriously buggy for iphones. I would be interested to hear more if it does happen to work though.
My question was directed towards IsokazeB, since he was having difficulty getting the game to work on Android, and wondered if that was the only method available for him to play. Since, y'know, playing on a PC is bound to be the best possible method, but there's always the possibility that someone doesn't have one they could use for that.

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
My question was directed towards IsokazeB, since he was having difficulty getting the game to work on Android, and wondered if that was the only method available for him to play. Since, y'know, playing on a PC is bound to be the best possible method, but there's always the possibility that someone doesn't have one they could use for that.
Haha. I assumed you were asking in general. I would assume he cannot since he has put so much time into getting the game on his phone. I would still be interested to hear if anyone got this game working on an iphone though.

IsokazeB

Mar 4, 2018
Newer versions of Renpy work with Android 5.0 Lollipop and later. If you use a version older than this, then there is a chance that the game will not work. In your first message about the issue, you stated that you use 4.4.4 KitKat, so unfortunately it would appear that your device is too dated to run MGD.

Apologies for not answering your earlier questions, and while this is not much in the way of a helpful answer, I do hope that you find this information useful, IsokazeB.
I guess I only have the option to continue using my tablet with windows 8, I had a laptop but the video card burned, and the bad thing about the tabelt is that if i use connected it starts to heat up like a toaster, and disconnected the battery lasts 3 hours or less

Fungus

Oct 3, 2017
I found what i think is a bug/inconsistency with a tunnel skip dialogue where it says that inventory is currently available, but the option to skip tunnel using energy ignores energy changes.

And also a question i wanted to ask: is there a foreplay "sex" skill in the game?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes