Oluap-Player

Jan 7, 2019
Hi, I started playing this a couple days ago, and so far I'm loving it. I did have one quick question, which I just wanted to post here, based on the encounters I'd had so far in the first area.

I see there's potential to build relationships with special characters (e.g. the Desert Tribe Lizard Girl you meet in the Forest). I was curious if it's possible to recruit these characters into a personal harem, or even summon them to assist you in subsequent battles. I know that could potentially be game breaking, but once I saw the potential, I wanted to check.

Thanks for the fun distraction whilst I'm sheltering in place. Hope you're all staying safe and healthy.
You can pursue a relationship with various characters at the moment (unfortunately, the lizard girl you're talking about isn't one of them yet), and as far as I've heard, we'll be able to build a harem to some extent in the far future. I don't believe the idea of extra party members is being considered right now, but we never know!

Reactions: MadFoole

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
By the way, totally unrelated question... but it's was just me or the description of the Batgirl in the cave totally looked like this one Batgirl in a Doujin? xD
I'm glad someone said it, it made me think of her but more skingtight of an outfit and a bit more socially awkward/vulnerable.

With Batgirls usually it's either that kind of 65% human/35% monster split or they go full bat (aka Gren but more froggy).

Reactions: RuberFF

RuberFF

Sep 27, 2018
I'm glad someone said it, it made me think of her but more skingtight of an outfit and a bit more socially awkward/vulnerable.
By the way, does her dialogue ever change? because I've tried every possible dialogue but she's still shy away every time I wait for her when I come to visit.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I just realized that this game has one major flaw- I could, with heavy heart, ignore the lack of a mind/cockflayer monster girl as they're fairly niche, even for mongirl standards, but a lack of a snakegirl who wants to cuddle and french kiss by any means necessary cannot be forgiven.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
By the way, does her dialogue ever change? because I've tried every possible dialogue but she's still shy away every time I wait for her when I come to visit.
It's a newer character so her dialogue will be fleshed out much more. I remember initially how Mika used to be and seeing her quote tree evolve was so fun. Mods assistance helped also.
I just realized that this game has one major flaw- I could, with heavy heart, ignore the lack of a mind/cockflayer monster girl as they're fairly niche, even for mongirl standards, but a lack of a snakegirl who wants to cuddle and french kiss by any means necessary cannot be forgiven.
hey, that's what mods are for! I strongly encourage everyone to try and learn the mod structure for this game. I am trying to myself, too bad they don't have a class on Discord for it...

:unsure:

Reactions: L30 and RandomQ

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Have you met Jora on the mountain?

She's not that into kisses, but can be pretty damn clingy already :)

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Give it time on the snake girl thing, we've got the labyrinth to go yet, i'm not making bets but if i was that's where i'd guess they'd be.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Patience, grasshopper. This game is less than a quarter complete. Also, I am curious if you mean an actual limbless snake girl, or a lamia, which is the monster with a humanoid upper half but then a snake's body from the waist down.

Kornuptiko

Jul 11, 2018
Patience, grasshopper. This game is less than a quarter complete. Also, I am curious if you mean an actual limbless snake girl, or a lamia, which is the monster with a humanoid upper half but then a snake's body from the waist down.
sorta like her? 1588056723007.png

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I suspect that the snake/Lamia/medusa sort of girl(s) are almost a certainty at some point, there a a few "standard" monster girls that are highly likely to turn up, vampires, slimes, mermaids, lamia, all of them i would consider to be near enough certainties to appear in one way or another, along with some of the already stated/implied ones, more elves, harpies, succubi and "anomalous" monsters, though when and where we can expect those i can't say beyond the two side areas, the elf and harpy villages.

Personally i'm looking forward to some of the corrupted humans/mostly humans, like Narra, they add a lot to the world IMO.

Reactions: L30

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Is the next update solely focused on Venefica though? I would imagine the release of the Capital content would be a much bigger jump than 22.4
CptPants already answered this for the most part, and thank you very much for that, but yes, this update will be almost entirely concerned with Venefica. Elly will have a minor role as the quest provider that results in you meeting the bewitching Bunny-girl chocolatier, but other than that, Venefica will be the sole focus of v22.4. We still have the v23 balance update and the Labyrinth to go before we reach the Capital. Not to mention other side quest elements that could be mixed in there such as the Elven Village and Dragon Queen, these could push the first update for the Capital further back.

I do hope that you find this informative, kimjongew.

Thanks, I made it work xD I've spent all that time trying to beat that succubus in the forest after I yeeted the red and blue Oni's for then finding that the current version of the game was over :'( I weeped lol

By the way, totally unrelated question... but it's was just me or the description of the Batgirl in the cave totally looked like this one Batgirl in a Doujin? xD
That particular doujin and batgirl has been floated around in MGD's Discord as a point of comparison with Tabitha, so you're most certainly not alone in bringing that character up with regards to Tabitha.

We only have Tabitha's first stage of romance content in the game currently. So we're able to meet her in the Caverns and build up our relationship with her to the point we can be invited to her room in order to spend more time with her and learn more about her. In the future, as the relationship progresses, you'll have the option to make her a confident hypno-domme as she wishes to be by raising her confidence, another option will have Tabitha accept her submissive desires that she occasionally leaks and embrace being the player's sub, and for those who raise both, she'll be able to be a switch and can change from hypno-domme to willing sub as desired.

We can already raise her confidence and submission a few points in the current build already, so it is possible to lay some groundwork towards your desired end-state for Tabitha. That said, until she becomes confident in being a hypno-domme or accepting of her inner submissive, she'll continue to be shy and such. However, you can expect that to change once she becomes Night Mistress Tabitha in actuality or your good girl as she'll be comfortable and confident in either role.

I do hope that these are satisfactory answers to your queries, RuberForumfree.

Hi, I started playing this a couple days ago, and so far I'm loving it. I did have one quick question, which I just wanted to post here, based on the encounters I'd had so far in the first area.

I see there's potential to build relationships with special characters (e.g. the Desert Tribe Lizard Girl you meet in the Forest). I was curious if it's possible to recruit these characters into a personal harem, or even summon them to assist you in subsequent battles. I know that could potentially be game breaking, but once I saw the potential, I wanted to check.

Thanks for the fun distraction whilst I'm sheltering in place. Hope you're all staying safe and healthy.
CptPants provided an answer to this as well, thanks again. Kyra's relationship content is very light right now given she was one of the first characters in the game along with others like Nicci, and the Mystic Forest's content has not really been heavily focused on or revisited as of yet. Kyra does have more content than she did in the past given we can chat, cuddle with her, or even have a little post-victory sex with her if desired.

As for having a personal harem, that is something quite likely to happen and is alluded to or supported by characters like Shizu who expects you to form a harem or Kotone who wants you to create a small harem at the very least a show of your quality given her old-school monster girl sensibilities. However, it will also likely be dependent upon the player having a home of their own before they are able to really start gathering up a harem rather than having their lovers scattered across the regions and dungeons of Lucidia.

As for having assistants in battle, this is largely unlikely, at least in current builds as this would break just about everything with regards to content. It is possible that the v23 balance update could afford for something, but at most, they would likely just be off to the side and just occasionally helping with an attack here or there or appear and deliver an attack before returning to their former location after being summoned. That said, the planned route for one character, Stella the Bag Mimic, would see the player deciding to keep her and bring her along with them. So that could open up some shenanigans while adventuring as well.

I do hope that you find this enlightening, MadFoole.

so i guess update is delayed?
Yes, the update has been delayed and today or tomorrow are now the likely release dates. If it arrives today, chances are it would be in the evening.

While this may not be what you wanted to hear, I do hope that this satisfactorily answers your question, decker2.

Lamias will quite likely appear in the future, I have little doubt about that. Chances are, either a generic mob or a unique character for the Desert region will be a Lamia, although they could also appear in the Pyramid dungeon instead. That and there is also always the chance of encountering one in the Capital as well. Another option could be Nara, while it is uncertain how her story is going to unfold, there have been a few different storylines discussed. One would be her falling and transforming into a Monster Girl, a Lamia would be a potential option there as would be a Djinni/Genie. Then if she remains human, one of the potential plots there has her borrow more from a source material and learn a mystical dance style that enables temporary transformations into monster girl forms and she could use that to transform into a Lamia temporarily instead with a related running joke having her become flustered if the player points out her new lack of legs.

As for more aberrations to accompany Amy and the Lumiren, such as the mentioned mind/cockflayer, there's no telling what resides in the depths of the Caverns considering that's where Amy comes from while the Lumiren is from deep underwater and used a network of underwater tunnels to reach the Caverns area. There is also the Ancient Evil that was supposedly sealed under the Mountain, this could take on a variety of forms if it does exist or if it ever existed. The Temple was allegedly the site for a portion of the seal imprisoning the Ancient Evil, but given that nothing of that nature was detected at the Temple by Kotone, either there never was a seal or the seal is weakening and this part of it has broken.

I do hope that you find this helpful, BigJohnny.

Give it time on the snake girl thing, we've got the labyrinth to go yet, i'm not making bets but if i was that's where i'd guess they'd be.
Recent builds added some spoilers with regards to the inhabitants of the Labyrinth. Elena stated that the Labyrinth has four guardians and that your best bet would just be to flee from them. For more concrete information, Beris states that she and her sisters guard a certain "checkpoint" to reach the Capital. They go after adventurers while allowing monster girls and general travelers through unmolested. So the Hellhound and her siblings, which may or may not be more Hellhounds given the oddities of monster girl evolution in this setting, will be the primary encounter there.

While this is from the distant past, there was talk of the Labyrinth allowing for large exploration decks after being cleared and enabling fights against various types of monster girls from other regions given the traveling aspect since monster girls coming to or going from the Capital could be found there. However, the guardians will be the primary content for that location. If it is ever added as a side quest area, the depths of the Caverns would likely be the location to house various aberrations and other types of strange, potentially nightmarish, monster girls like a mind/cockflayer although the Capital could potentially house anything as well.

Ah, and while I'm not quoting it, the suspicions of your latest post should be quite accurate. We are quite likely to see more of the standard monster girl fare that has yet to arrive along with more uncommon elements or unique creations.

I do hope that you find this informative, Volta.

As for general update news, yes unfortunately, the update was delayed. A release is being planned for today or tomorrow. Venefica will not be content complete with this update though as she'll still need the more advanced part of her romance content, but given the time that she has taken thus far, the roughly 75% or so of her content currently completed will be released in this update. After that, plans are a little nebulous, likely Threshold will work on other elements in need of an update and then quite possibly revisit Venefica and add the last stages of her relationship content to finish fleshing her out and bring her up to 100% completion.

As for content, Venefica will have many paths apparently and it is intended that she will offer a number of perks, although not all of them will be positive. She won't have her romance/relationship perk at launch however as previously mentioned, this part of her content will be reserved for a future update. Then as for content created since last time, there is 250 words for an option to abort before going down a findom route, 500 more words for findom content, 1,100 words of more lewd content, and 800 or so words for some findom setup and non-lewd content. As for other content, a progression perk was setup and it includes warnings as it develops, so this one is likely one of the more negative perks. Then 600 words were written for more general content and tying up loose ends, another scene was written that clocked in at 600 words originally but was tuned up as the end result was not satisfactory, so now it is 700 or so words in length, then another scene of 850 or so words in length, and finally, there were two very small scenes of 250 and 330 words in length respectively.

At this point, only Kotone will have a larger file than Venefica as the former's .json has over 6,000 lines while Venefica is currently around 4,600 lines. Of course, Kotone still has far more content planned too, but the upcoming Bunny Witch is going to have plenty of content to enjoy as well as cater to a variety of fetishes.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
CptPants already answered this for the most part, and thank you very much for that, but yes, this update will be almost entirely concerned with Venefica. Elly will have a minor role as the quest provider that results in you meeting the bewitching Bunny-girl chocolatier, but other than that, Venefica will be the sole focus of v22.4. We still have the v23 balance update and the Labyrinth to go before we reach the Capital. Not to mention other side quest elements that could be mixed in there such as the Elven Village and Dragon Queen, these could push the first update for the Capital further back.

I do hope that you find this informative, kimjongew.

That particular doujin and batgirl has been floated around in MGD's Discord as a point of comparison with Tabitha, so you're most certainly not alone in bringing that character up with regards to Tabitha.

We only have Tabitha's first stage of romance content in the game currently. So we're able to meet her in the Caverns and build up our relationship with her to the point we can be invited to her room in order to spend more time with her and learn more about her. In the future, as the relationship progresses, you'll have the option to make her a confident hypno-domme as she wishes to be by raising her confidence, another option will have Tabitha accept her submissive desires that she occasionally leaks and embrace being the player's sub, and for those who raise both, she'll be able to be a switch and can change from hypno-domme to willing sub as desired.

We can already raise her confidence and submission a few points in the current build already, so it is possible to lay some groundwork towards your desired end-state for Tabitha. That said, until she becomes confident in being a hypno-domme or accepting of her inner submissive, she'll continue to be shy and such. However, you can expect that to change once she becomes Night Mistress Tabitha in actuality or your good girl as she'll be comfortable and confident in either role.

I do hope that these are satisfactory answers to your queries, RuberForumfree.

CptPants provided an answer to this as well, thanks again. Kyra's relationship content is very light right now given she was one of the first characters in the game along with others like Nicci, and the Mystic Forest's content has not really been heavily focused on or revisited as of yet. Kyra does have more content than she did in the past given we can chat, cuddle with her, or even have a little post-victory sex with her if desired.

As for having a personal harem, that is something quite likely to happen and is alluded to or supported by characters like Shizu who expects you to form a harem or Kotone who wants you to create a small harem at the very least a show of your quality given her old-school monster girl sensibilities. However, it will also likely be dependent upon the player having a home of their own before they are able to really start gathering up a harem rather than having their lovers scattered across the regions and dungeons of Lucidia.

As for having assistants in battle, this is largely unlikely, at least in current builds as this would break just about everything with regards to content. It is possible that the v23 balance update could afford for something, but at most, they would likely just be off to the side and just occasionally helping with an attack here or there or appear and deliver an attack before returning to their former location after being summoned. That said, the planned route for one character, Stella the Bag Mimic, would see the player deciding to keep her and bring her along with them. So that could open up some shenanigans while adventuring as well.

I do hope that you find this enlightening, MadFoole.

Yes, the update has been delayed and today or tomorrow are now the likely release dates. If it arrives today, chances are it would be in the evening.

While this may not be what you wanted to hear, I do hope that this satisfactorily answers your question, decker2.

Lamias will quite likely appear in the future, I have little doubt about that. Chances are, either a generic mob or a unique character for the Desert region will be a Lamia, although they could also appear in the Pyramid dungeon instead. That and there is also always the chance of encountering one in the Capital as well. Another option could be Nara, while it is uncertain how her story is going to unfold, there have been a few different storylines discussed. One would be her falling and transforming into a Monster Girl, a Lamia would be a potential option there as would be a Djinni/Genie. Then if she remains human, one of the potential plots there has her borrow more from a source material and learn a mystical dance style that enables temporary transformations into monster girl forms and she could use that to transform into a Lamia temporarily instead with a related running joke having her become flustered if the player points out her new lack of legs.

As for more aberrations to accompany Amy and the Lumiren, such as the mentioned mind/cockflayer, there's no telling what resides in the depths of the Caverns considering that's where Amy comes from while the Lumiren is from deep underwater and used a network of underwater tunnels to reach the Caverns area. There is also the Ancient Evil that was supposedly sealed under the Mountain, this could take on a variety of forms if it does exist or if it ever existed. The Temple was allegedly the site for a portion of the seal imprisoning the Ancient Evil, but given that nothing of that nature was detected at the Temple by Kotone, either there never was a seal or the seal is weakening and this part of it has broken.

I do hope that you find this helpful, BigJohnny.

Recent builds added some spoilers with regards to the inhabitants of the Labyrinth. Elena stated that the Labyrinth has four guardians and that your best bet would just be to flee from them. For more concrete information, Beris states that she and her sisters guard a certain "checkpoint" to reach the Capital. They go after adventurers while allowing monster girls and general travelers through unmolested. So the Hellhound and her siblings, which may or may not be more Hellhounds given the oddities of monster girl evolution in this setting, will be the primary encounter there.

While this is from the distant past, there was talk of the Labyrinth allowing for large exploration decks after being cleared and enabling fights against various types of monster girls from other regions given the traveling aspect since monster girls coming to or going from the Capital could be found there. However, the guardians will be the primary content for that location. If it is ever added as a side quest area, the depths of the Caverns would likely be the location to house various aberrations and other types of strange, potentially nightmarish, monster girls like a mind/cockflayer although the Capital could potentially house anything as well.

Ah, and while I'm not quoting it, the suspicions of your latest post should be quite accurate. We are quite likely to see more of the standard monster girl fare that has yet to arrive along with more uncommon elements or unique creations.

I do hope that you find this informative, Volta.

As for general update news, yes unfortunately, the update was delayed. A release is being planned for today or tomorrow. Venefica will not be content complete with this update though as she'll still need the more advanced part of her romance content, but given the time that she has taken thus far, the roughly 75% or so of her content currently completed will be released in this update. After that, plans are a little nebulous, likely Threshold will work on other elements in need of an update and then quite possibly revisit Venefica and add the last stages of her relationship content to finish fleshing her out and bring her up to 100% completion.

As for content, Venefica will have many paths apparently and it is intended that she will offer a number of perks, although not all of them will be positive. She won't have her romance/relationship perk at launch however as previously mentioned, this part of her content will be reserved for a future update. Then as for content created since last time, there is 250 words for an option to abort before going down a findom route, 500 more words for findom content, 1,100 words of more lewd content, and 800 or so words for some findom setup and non-lewd content. As for other content, a progression perk was setup and it includes warnings as it develops, so this one is likely one of the more negative perks. Then 600 words were written for more general content and tying up loose ends, another scene was written that clocked in at 600 words originally but was tuned up as the end result was not satisfactory, so now it is 700 or so words in length, then another scene of 850 or so words in length, and finally, there were two very small scenes of 250 and 330 words in length respectively.

At this point, only Kotone will have a larger file than Venefica as the former's .json has over 6,000 lines while Venefica is currently around 4,600 lines. Of course, Kotone still has far more content planned too, but the upcoming Bunny Witch is going to have plenty of content to enjoy as well as cater to a variety of fetishes.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.
Doing us all a solid as usual L30, nice job.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
It's all fine, I'm just playing. Snake girls/lamias are such a staple of the mostergirl genre nowadays that it was always a question of when, not if.
I blame XCOM 2.

Dec 5, 2019
How many more location are left? I know there's still the capital and desert, and I think I saw something about a labyrinth? Are there any others?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
It's all fine, I'm just playing. Snake girls/lamias are such a staple of the mostergirl genre nowadays that it was always a question of when, not if.
I blame XCOM 2.
Logic: But snakes don't even need mammies, they lay eggs for Christ sake.
Fanbase: Big titty snek girl go blep!

GetInthengitout69 currently confirmed are: the labyrinth, which is directly after the caves and as such is the next area, the capitol, the harpy village, the elves village and the desert, at least that is the areas i know off the top of my head, a high tier patron may know more.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes