King_Bradley

Mar 25, 2020
A fantastic game! I really like the combat system, very particular and fun. The "Events" are also very interesting.
Bravo, keep it up (y)

Reactions: L30

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
Welp, finally got around to making a new patreon and pledging again. Loving the art for Jennifer, Venefica and Cathrine.

I hope theres succubus/devil girl with a petite frame similar to Perpetua or the Imps. There's a lot of thick, or big breasted characters of that species, but would love a character who looks like Nana Aster Deviluke from To Love-ru with perhaps a reddish/pink hue to the irises or Koneko from Highschool DxD.

With the new infatuation towards thicker body-types that's becoming more prevalent, the petite characters don't seem to get the same love anymore (though Threshold seems to do a pretty good job of still incorporating them). Kotone is waaay to thick for my tastes so I'll probably sub out with art akin to Kiss-Shot Heart-Under-Blade where there's still the large bust, but a slighter abdomen/waist.

All in all pretty happy with all the art I haven't seen until now. Even with characters that are way too big for my taste (Heather and Kotone), there's a big variety in monster types and sizes which is great. My biggest pet peeve is when there's a focus on only one type like Warlock and Boobs or Zombie Retreat. Keep up the awesome work Threshold!

Last edited:

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Welp, finally got around to making a new patreon and pledging again. Loving the art for Jennifer, Venefica and Cathrine.

I hope the third camper is a petite frame similar to Perpetua or the Imps. There's a lot of thick, or big breasted characters of that species, but would love a character who looks like Nana Aster Deviluke from To Love-ru with perhaps a reddish/pink hue to the irises or Koneko from Highschool DxD.

With the new infatuation towards thicker body-types that's becoming more prevalent, the petite characters don't seem to get the same love anymore (though Threshold seems to do a pretty good job of still incorporating them). Kotone is waaay to thick for my tastes so I'll probably sub out with art akin to Kiss-Shot Heart-Under-Blade where there's still the large bust, but a slighter abdomen/waist.
Catherine is the third camper and the most petite of the three. Heather was the first camper to have her art completed and teased, then Jennifer's art was finished, and now with Catherine's art lined up, the campers are set up to have their art implemented at some point in time now.

As for body-types, yeah, Threshold does have a fair amount of variety with regards to builds, from tiny and petite like the Imps, Perpetua, or Lilian, taller yet svelte like Amy and Beris, short and petite overall but with a large bust like Vili, a true shortstack like Galvi, muscular girls like Kaia, Himika, Minoni, and the generic Minotaurs, glamorous bombshells like Sofia and Kotone, and incredibly full figures like Aiko, Mimi (Bed-chan), and Heather. So there is a fair variance in the characters' figures overall.

I do hope that you find this informative, kimjongew.

As for some update information, first off, as you may surmise, Catherine's art is now up in a teaser that supporters can view on Patreon. She does look quite adorable. As for Venefica content, another 1,400 or so words were written so far today and the size of the music files has also been adjusted. The latter of which looks like it may have cut down 100 or so MB in total, so the game will be lighter and easier to download for the near future.

Some of the new content created since the last time I mentioned progress on Venefica includes roughly 1,400 words of lore and world-building such as witchcraft and demonic energy but Threshold also made a note to discuss more dark magic later that is separate from witchcraft, another conversation of about 600 words talking about her chocolates and business, then there's another large scene that totaled around 2,000 words, there's another scene of roughly 1,800 words of "lewd chocolate fun times" with a roughly 1,900 words variant scene, there was mention of both the stepping content as well as a melty caramel scene that needed to be written, and yet other pieces that still need to be penned and added to her.

So Venefica is growing further in content and scope, but it does sound like quite a treat once it arrives. For more development news, Threshold mentioned adding more Belle, Elena, and Elly content before v23 as well as possibly implementing some art. Kotone or the Succubus Campers would both be quite fitting and something to look forward to on that front.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

llly

May 7, 2019
Vivian's breast training is repeatable and does unlock a hidden "fetish" much like the hidden Addiction to Sofia. If you decide to be an utter pervert and indulge in messing with her underwear, you'll obtain a point in Devotion to Vivian.
Just had a question, do these hidden fetishes have any effect at this point? Because I’ve exhausted both Vivians and Sofias story lines but I’m not sure how these may have affected anything.

Also does anyone know the best way to make money and what stats to level to get through fights as quick as possible? I don’t want to cheat but I’d like to be as efficient as I can since I’m still stuck at the will power temple.

Edit: One last thing, is there a guide on how to get all the skills in the game? It feels like ai inly have 1-2 options per category. I also don’t have a category for every fetish so it seems like levelling some fetishes is only a detriment and offers no advantages.

Last edited:

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Just had a question, do these hidden fetishes have any effect at this point? Because I’ve exhausted both Vivians and Sofias story lines but I’m not sure how these may have affected anything.

Also does anyone know the best way to make money and what stats to level to get through fights as quick as possible? I don’t want to cheat but I’d like to be as efficient as I can since I’m still stuck at the will power temple.

Edit: One last thing, is there a guide on how to get all the skills in the game? It feels like ai inly have 1-2 options per category. I also don’t have a category for every fetish so it seems like levelling some fetishes is only a detriment and offers no advantages.
First, fetishes are weaknesses. They scale damage taken from corresponding enemy attacks. I do not believe there is any advantage to having higher fetishes.

With regards to skills, all skills can currently be learned from town. Try talking to the various characters.

When I wanted to grind exp, I started fighting Ancilla. Because she cannot retaliate in the kissing stance, I could frequently beat her by clicking at the same spot repeatedly. Fast forward through the fight, and you can rather quickly level.

With regards to the will temple, the most important stat is willpower. You need it for various checks and will suffer if it's low. My first playthrough, I tried to RNG my way through under-leveled, and got 26 levels in monstrous from failing checks. You can imagine how much harder that made everything. (ignore the humble brag)

In your case, if you truly cleared all of Sofia's and Vivian's story lines, your fetishes should be rather high. So you might want to a high spirit allure or virility build if you're struggling in fights. The former deals massive damage when buffed, while the latter uses Demon Layer for virility-scaled holy attacks.

I'm sure L30 will follow up later with a more detailed response.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Anyone know where the save file for android? Or how to cheat it?
It's more of a sandbox type game so there's not really a "save file" to get. As for cheating, the game files are moddable easily (the file paths are pretty explanatory, as is the file content, and there's an extensive modding guide included). All you need is a text editor and you can cheat the exp/money value an enemy gives, or even its stats if you feel like you don't want to bother with a hard fight.
Save editing renpy files is quite the chore as cheat engine won't help you much (everything is stored in variables and their addresses change every refresh).

Or just play on easy and get inflated stats, the game isn't that hard to begin with.

Dr. PuPu

Nov 30, 2019
I joined the signature club! Jora is easily the most well-written character I've encountered. I love her entire event series. Aiko is quite literally my fetish cranked up to 11. Absolutely blown away by how well her interactions in battle are done. I wish I could have included Perpetua, but only 2 images are allowed unfortunately.

Speaking of Perpetua, I'm very interested to see how she is developed through the rest of the game. I'm trying to be nice to her at every opportunity because she's trying her hardest to be bad and it's really cute.

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
Catherine is the third camper and the most petite of the three. Heather was the first camper to have her art completed and teased, then Jennifer's art was finished, and now with Catherine's art lined up, the campers are set up to have their art implemented at some point in time now.
Haha, I noticed and edited my post while you were responding it seems. I hadn't imagined Threshold was planning that far in advance for the content and so I hadn't looked so far back. Although I'm sad it's not a petite Succubi, I can't complain since there's so much variety and more that will fit my tastes to come later on.

As always thanks for the info though, especially with the Venefica update. Out of curiosity where are you getting the numbers on dialogue and such? Is there more info on the Discord than the Patreon?

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Anyone know where the save file for android? Or how to cheat it?
For Android, saves can usually either be found by starting in Internal Storage or your SD Card using a file explorer of your choice, then navigating to the Android folder, then the data folder, and then somewhere in that folder you'll find a folder for MGD that contains a folder for saves as well as the log file and such. As for editing a save on Android, your options are rather limited given that you cannot mod the game, edit the files, nor use the console. If you lack access to a computer where you can play MGD, your best bet to edit the save would be .

However, if you do have a computer you can use to play, then that opens up modding, directly altering the game files to increase the experience and loot drops, the Ren'Py Save Editor, and my preferred method of using the console. If you do not know how to activate or use the built in console, there is a detailed page on the wiki that covers how to activate the console and a variety of codes that can be used to alter your character in virtually any way you may desire.

I do hope that this is able to help you to some degree, Gan².

Devotion to Vivian currently has no effect while Addiction to Sofia can cause you to have dreams about Sofia which may or may not be Sofia invading your dreams. As to learning skills, as ccccccccccc stated, the Town NPCs are vendors where you can purchase skills. To be more specific, sells skills for warriors who either use Power or Technique to overwhelm their opponents, is the trainer for mages who use Willpower to crush their foes with spells, is the vendor a few tools useful for more roguish types to help them use Technique to win via underhanded tactics, teaches more seductive types how to charm their enemies using Allure, and finally , while she does not directly sell skills, can teach the Holy Headpat via a dialogue option and can bestow the Demon Layer if she likes you enough, you know how to perform the Holy Headpat, and you have at least 6 in every stat except for Luck.

As for grinding and making money before clearing the Temple, ccccccccccc also provided useful tips there. If you can readily defeat Nara, she is another choice for grinding given she has a decent payout as well, you can reach her directly from the Mountain, and you return to Town after winning which could aid in healing up between fights. Sofia and Vili in the Forest Dungeon are useful for grinding as well, but those are harder fights that could take longer and may be best reserved to grinding later on once you're stronger. On a related note, if you have not fully cleared the Temple and defeated the Twins in their Hardmode 2 vs 1 fight, then you're not finished with Sofia as her third fight, and the conversations unlocked by winning in this fight, is gated behind a key item you'll receive from defeating the Twins when they go all out. Also, Sofia does have a hidden route you can access by approaching her while wearing any collar accessory except for Mika's Collar, but it is geared for fairly submissive individuals who may also be masochists.

I do hope that you find this helpful, llly.

Haha, I noticed and edited my post while you were responding it seems. I hadn't imagined Threshold was planning that far in advance for the content and so I hadn't looked so far back. Although I'm sad it's not a petite Succubi, I can't complain since there's so much variety and more that will fit my tastes to come later on.

As always thanks for the info though, especially with the Venefica update. Out of curiosity where are you getting the numbers on dialogue and such? Is there more info on the Discord than the Patreon?
Threshold does regularly state how many words they have written on any given day and also usually includes vague or general statements about what the content pertains to. They also discuss other things going on with development such as typo and bug fixing, art implementation, and other elements such as the recent change to the size of the music files. So for being most up to date on what is going on in terms of development, joining the Discord server as well as being a Patreon supporter in order to view art teasers, join the occasional poll, and such is the optimal solution. However, since not everyone wants to join a lewd Discord server for one reason or another or search through and find the development progress that has occurred since they last checked, I do try to share that information here as well.

I do hope that you find this enlightening, kimjongew.

Finally, this does not directly relate to MGD development or modding, but for those looking for something of a 3D experience for MGD, epickark has been recreating MGD character's in Koikatsu. You can find the various cards they have made here in this folder. Currently there are cards for Aiko, Ancilla, the generic Imps, Lillian, the Red Matango, Mika, and Vili. Do note that all of the cards use mods from the latest version of ScrewThisNoise's BetterRepack version of Koikatsu, so you'll need to use that to really be able to enjoy these if you are interested in them.

Here's an example scene that was assembled with the Imps partying and Ancilla catching them being a little too rambunctious.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do hope that everyone interested in this project finds this useful.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
That does seem to be a common occurrence with this game. I used to not give lizard and manticore girls a second thought until Kyra and Kaia came along.

Reactions: RandomQ and L30

track989

Mar 25, 2018
You seem very knowledgeable about this game and the current progress with characters. Would you happen to know the scope of this project? It looks like less than a quarter of the map is being used and even current content in that map is missing a lot. Is this only a quarter of the way developed? Will characters like Sofia, Trisha, Ancilla continue to get more content and an actual "relationship" status. Is that even a plan for any characters?

I stopped following over a year ago to let content develop. I expected way more to be added than I saw, but maybe I missed a lot. I expected the whole bottom of the map to have locations or the caverns and capital to be finished by now. Not that I'm knocking what is there, because what is present is fantastic.
Quite a bit of development seems to happen to current areas rather than adding further "length" to the game. So there's stuff like Vili the Arch-Imp added to the Forest Dungeon with a whole side-dungeon thing based around breast fetish, a bunch of Mika/Sofia/etc character content, some Tavern encounters, and so on. I don't follow patch notes super closely so not sure how much of this is actually from the last 12 months, but yeah, my impression is the pace of development on MGD is fairly decent, especially given that (IMO) the average quality and minimum quality of content are both much higher than anything else in the genre.

Side note, I have a question regarding lock-out from Kotone's challenge - is it possible to complete the Will-Power Temple, then go get her slave perk and complete the quest? I never grinded levels in the past to be able to beat the challenge, but also never finished the temple since there was no reason to / nothing after it. Since the Caverns are out I'd like to unlock them but definitely plan on getting Kotone's questline done, and don't really want to repeat a bunch of levelling/fighting on different save files

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
Side note, I have a question regarding lock-out from Kotone's challenge - is it possible to complete the Will-Power Temple, then go get her slave perk and complete the quest? I never grinded levels in the past to be able to beat the challenge, but also never finished the temple since there was no reason to / nothing after it. Since the Caverns are out I'd like to unlock them but definitely plan on getting Kotone's questline done, and don't really want to repeat a bunch of levelling/fighting on different save files
I did everything out of order. Her dialogue seemed sketchy, so I didn't do it when I completed the temple figuring it'd be a auto-lose, but after reading for content afterwards I went back and completed her perk training. So you're definitely able to complete the temple and then go back and do the challenge.

D

Deleted member 1816908

Been playing this for a while and decided to finally post to say how much I love it. Definitely the best of its genre i have ever encountered! Kudos to Threshold.

One question - Feng is probably my favourite character, is there a planned time for her to get her art assets?

RandomQ

Jun 15, 2017
Just fully completed the game (or the parts I can at least) just wondering though if there's any possibility of a harpy character? For no other reason than its one of my favorite monster girls. Also, Thanks to L30 for his amazing guides, allowing me to pretty much get everything there is. I never would have thought to do some stuff (Sofia + Collar for example, not my fetish but really cool that something so small could trigger that.)

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Been playing this for a while and decided to finally post to say how much I love it. Definitely the best of its genre i have ever encountered! Kudos to Threshold.

One question - Feng is probably my favourite character, is there a planned time for her to get her art assets?
Unfortunately, there is no real ETA on when an art asset will be complete nor a definitive schedule of when art will be added even if it is complete. As an example, Heather has had her art lined up for some time now, but she has not been added as all three of the campers are likely going to have their art added at the same time. This is does help keep elements cleaner however as otherwise it would be Heather with art while Jennifer and Catherine would be represented by textboxes with descriptions. However, now that all three of them have their art assets lined up, it is only a matter of time before they are added.

While this may not be what you were hoping to hear, I do hope that you find this informative, sleepinbin.

Just fully completed the game (or the parts I can at least) just wondering though if there's any possibility of a harpy character? For no other reason than its one of my favorite monster girls. Also, Thanks to L30 for his amazing guides, allowing me to pretty much get everything there is. I never would have thought to do some stuff (Sofia + Collar for example, not my fetish but really cool that something so small could trigger that.)
You're welcome! As for your question about a unique Harpy character, it is quite possible that one or more may eventually appear. One of the discussed side quest areas of the game is the Harpy Village, much like the Elves are planned to have their own location with NPCs and a related questline. So if a unique Harpy were to appear anywhere, the Harpy Village would be a likely location with the Capital probably being the second most likely location.

I do hope that you find this a satisfactory answer, RandomQ.

Now for a little general update news. Roughly 3,800 words of additional content has been created and added to Venefica with 1,600 for one lewd scene, 1800 words for a stepping scene that is apparently fairly nice and gentle but may also have the option to lick chocolate off of Venefica's boots, and the remainder of the words were for elements such as the little preambles that inform you about a scene before you select it.

I do hope that everyone interested inf this information finds this at least a little useful.

D

Deleted member 1816908

Unfortunately, there is no real ETA on when an art asset will be complete nor a definitive schedule of when art will be added even if it is complete. As an example, Heather has had her art lined up for some time now, but she has not been added as all three of the campers are likely going to have their art added at the same time. This is does help keep elements cleaner however as otherwise it would be Heather with art while Jennifer and Catherine would be represented by textboxes with descriptions. However, now that all three of them have their art assets lined up, it is only a matter of time before they are added.

While this may not be what you were hoping to hear, I do hope that you find this informative, sleepinbin.
Thanks L30, very informative as ever, you're doing the lord's work in this thread!

Reactions: L30 and Volta
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes