Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Bold of you to assume it comes out in a few months
Betting it'll be another year at least. Thresh probably has to track down an alternate universe version of themself that finished the update, kill them, and steal the code for use in our world's version of the game.

Reactions: Azure Sun

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Bold of you to assume it comes out in a few months
I mean that was the extreme minimum...lol

Aside occasional speculation about who the Demon Queen is that's probably all this thread will be until the next update. Enjoy the next few months of bitching and people bitching at people for bitching at least if not longer.

Reiga711

Jul 30, 2018
did the developer stopped updating this game?
seems pretty active on discord... but its all just him bullshitting about his daily life...

example:
Random discord user - So how's Thresh doing?
Threshold - Good, went for walkie, got some work done.

Also,apparently he can't work recently becuz I have a bunch of guys that are seemingly stays in his place for days trying to fix some shit.

Reactions: Gojii and Dremo

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I kinda have to call bull on no work being possible because of this. Unless he's literally too busy to. If you don't know how to code, looking in on that part of development will just cause your eyes to glaze over as you fail to comprehend the arcane sorceries being performed on screen. From what I gather, coding the gorram maze was the big hurdle as Thresh tries to bully Ren'py into doing more than it was meant to.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I kinda have to call bull on no work being possible because of this. Unless he's literally too busy to. If you don't know how to code, looking in on that part of development will just cause your eyes to glaze over as you fail to comprehend the arcane sorceries being performed on screen. From what I gather, coding the gorram maze was the big hurdle as Thresh tries to bully Ren'py into doing more than it was meant to.
As someone with beginner level code skills at best i know just enough about Ren'Py to know it's very good at some things and very hard to convince to do others, it's caused a lot of devs to flip flop over to Unity after a certain point in development.

Having a fully functional combat RPG in Ren'Py alone is fairly impressive, the maze however always seemed pretty ambitious IMO, to what benefit?. I understand as a dev, adding interesting and varied elements to your game is part of the point, if it challenges you to become a better dev that is great too, but perhaps he's bitten off more than he can chew here. Unless the intent was for this maze system to be re-used later on it strikes me that either reworking it or putting in a placeholder would have been a better choice to keep momentum and player base engagement.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
He could just go ask some government programmer to look over it. Government workers are experts out of necessity on that (not (most of) the clerks or officials, the one doing their actual job).

Oooor, the maze is plot-critical to a degree. We don't know a lot about anything past the cave. Maybe cutting what he planned means re-writing at least part of the story and I can definitely understand if he wants to avoid changing the original writing. When I lose progress in a game because of old save or crash, I try to do everything exactly the same, because I already got the events narratively explained in my head and I *hate* to trash a storyline even if it's *that* banal of a thing.

I agree however, that at some point he should think about changing something up for progress' sake. If he can get past the sunk cost fallacy...
I understand the whole plot critical thing, but is the function of the maze likely to be plot critical, or just what happens narratively in the maze, who we may meet there ect. There is no point banging your head on a wall for months to write a single feature, especially if Ren'Py itself if the stumbling block. I think most players would sooner accept a "not as intended" level of functionality from the maze so long as it aloud the story to progress, i understand i may to feel as labyrinthine as perhaps Thresh would want it to but i can't see how it would be worth nose diving his morale for.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
MGD seems to be die soon too(after couple updates or even before labyrinth), sad
Nah, despite a few of us being frustrated its just (hopefully) looking like far longer delay/wait than any of us were thinking/expecting. Whatever the reasons, it is what it is. Lets hope the people supposedly need to be in their room that keeps them from typing up the character's lines for some reason get a move on soon.

Reactions: World enjoyer

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
Porting this to RPGM would be so much faster than all the juggling the dev have to do with Ren'py for the mechanics work in the way he want.
sorry but we have to disagree about this because of the incompatible change of engines and besides don't forget that this game still is a "text based" game and a don't think RPGM as good engine for this type of game.

SlimeCrow

Sep 29, 2017
We will see, but tendency of H devs show that soon(or already) game will receive less and less updates

Reactions: Fyo
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes