Azure Sun

Apr 15, 2021
It's kinda sad honestly. What does everyone here think are the factors contributing to this?
The primary one besides burning out? Patreon. If you were recieving $3,638 a month without having to do anything but update your discord once every few days or so, and on top of that, you have people who defend and enable you to continue to act this way, why would ever feel the need to rush out content?

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
It's kinda sad honestly. What does everyone here think are the factors contributing to this?
They just lost interest.

The primary one besides burning out? Patreon. If you were recieving $3,638 a month without having to do anything but update your discord once every few days or so, and on top of that, you have people who defend and enable you to continue to act this way, why would ever feel the need to rush out content?
I think this is just something that sounds right but doesn't really add up when you think about it like if they just wanted to start scamming people there'd be no reason for them to take the effort to keep interacting with the community to imply they're still working on the game because most Patreons aren't ever going to get rid of their pledges just because the creator has gone silent, as there are tons of completely abandoned games still getting hundreds for that very reason.

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
well my theory is: run out of ideas or losing "the joy of creation", this happens because when you start a project and have a lot of ideas to use in it is really funny to implement these ideas but when the time pass and you start run out ideas or you're just make something because your fans want you to,you start losing the joy of develeloping your project until the moment that you are work in project just because you can't let your fans down but work this way is far more depressive and slow that's why takes to much time to update.

Azure Sun

Apr 15, 2021
They just lost interest.

I think this is just something that sounds right but doesn't really add up when you think about it like if they just wanted to start scamming people there'd be no reason for them to take the effort to keep interacting with the community to imply they're still working on the game because most Patreons aren't ever going to get rid of their pledges just because the creator has gone silent, as there are tons of completely abandoned games still getting hundreds for that very reason.
I never said anything about them intentionally scamming people (would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth . . . fingers?). I don't doubt that the majority of these devs start out with good intentions and a drive to make the best game out there. I simply stated that this scenario is what it often turns into. It's just human nature to take the path of least resistance. As stated, if you're a dev who has just gone through a burnout phase, your bank account increases by a few thousand USD each month, and you have people constantly making excuses on your behalf about why content isn't being released *cough* *cough*, then why would you rush to make releases? The discord interactions are probably also done with good intentions. It's not that you're intentionally scamming anyone, it's just human nature kicking in.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I never said anything about them intentionally scamming people (would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth . . . fingers?). I don't doubt that the majority of these devs start out with good intentions and a drive to make the best game out there. I simply stated that this scenario is what it often turns into. It's just human nature to take the path of least resistance. As stated, if you're a dev who has just gone through a burnout phase, your bank account increases by a few thousand USD each month, and you have people constantly making excuses on your behalf about why content isn't being released *cough* *cough*, then why would you rush to make releases? The discord interactions are probably also done with good intentions. It's not that you're intentionally scamming anyone, it's just human nature kicking in.
I never intended to imply you yourself were claiming they were purposely scamming people. I was pointing out a problem I have with the generally widespread idea that people would get a ton of patreon money and then become demotivated and coasting along because they don't feel the need to put out content because they're still getting paid which in my opinion I would consider a scam and is why I described it as such. I just feel like it's far more likely they simply lost interest but don't want to abandon the project or put it on an official hiatus(Or even just getting others they trust to do the work in their place) just because they don't want to look like they gave up.

Dizmazyy

Jan 20, 2021
This is it. It always happens. That and then they appear to be an endless amount of "dead" relatives and "real life stuff" going on. I imagine this real-life stuff and burnout would instantly disappear if all patreons were to cancel until the new content comes out.

invainat

Jan 17, 2019
I know im digging up a grave with this but w/e

and i have no idea why you keep trying to get me to learn how to code this jason bulshit:unsure:
if you think its so easy why not show us how it's done and upload your "modded" game with the cgs;)
(then i can compare the json files and see what i'm doing wrong:WeSmart:)
Nice Challenge

Took around 1h start to finish with no prior knowledge
Took Kotones Buttpic and put it into Mikas BJ scene as a proof of concept

Sigurðr

Oct 16, 2019
I know im digging up a grave with this but w/e

Nice Challenge

Took around 1h start to finish with no prior knowledge
Took Kotones Buttpic and put it into Mikas BJ scene as a proof of concept

Nice!

You just edited the .json files with text editors?

On a second note: WOW what high stats you got there

volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021
If you think all countries have EXCEPTIONAL public servants... You must be from Europe, North America or Japan.

Otherwise, you're from "the rest of the world" and your country was probably in some point so robbed blindly by one imperialist potency that the people has just developed self-loathing to this degree that "public service" means "nepotism" with some spoonfuls of "mediocrity".

For at least 2/3 of the people in this planet (maybe more), life is Hell, and you can seldomly trust someone or have money for your whims before doing almost slave labor.

I'm not saying you're bad in any way, or that you're in any form lesser or more than anything or anyone. My point is just that this view is a sheltered one. Made and kept so a few people can just trust that "everything will be better", even if the World is already probably forked.

Sorry, I'm confused.
Are you saying you came here for the story?

Because you know... I did. :whistle:
No i came TO the story XD

My point was more that most devs that create adult games are generally people who masturbate a lot, and i don't know for you but personally each time i coom i don't really feel like doing something really productive, i prefer sleeping or eating XD

RajunCajun

Mar 27, 2018
Why is every thread for every game related thing practically everywhere on the internet so whiny and paranoid in the last year or so? Like even something as niche as these types of games and communities now too? If I wanted to just hear people argue and air their grievances (or really fan fiction over what creators are up to is what it tends to resemble) then I'd go sit in on a public court case or something? I don't think this was what hobbies were supposed to be about, or at least that's not how I remember it being over most of my life. Typically hobbies and discussion surrounding them tended to be about something somewhat constructive instead of whatever miserable thing most game fandoms have devolved into lately. It's hard to even laugh at anymore, it's just kind of sad and pathetic honestly and makes me wonder what people expect to get out of the whole experience and what the point is of entertainment anymore if it just seems to be yet another thing for society to be perpetually mad over.

I don't know I guess it's like a generational thing and like it's something to see and kind of figure that successive ones after mine are going to have way more miserable lives and less room for anything positive or constructive in them by the looks of things. The idea of having healthy non-toxic communities for anything going forward seems kind of off the table now.

Last edited:

Sigurðr

Oct 16, 2019
No i came TO the story XD

My point was more that most devs that create adult games are generally people who masturbate a lot, and i don't know for you but personally each time i coom i don't really feel like doing something really productive, i prefer sleeping or eating XD
Well, as a man of culture myself, I can't agree more of what you gentleman just said.

Pretty much ye + copying the image over to the other folder

Stats are shamelessly cheated
Yeah, I went to Vili's json and edited her Phantom's spawn from 5 turns to 2 (basically a new one spawns 1 turn after the previous was defeated) in order to grind xp. Just CTRL+Seduce, basically.

Alternatively, I could just freaking edit the XP they give...

Why is every thread for every game related thing practically everywhere on the internet so whiny and paranoid in the last year or so? Like even something as niche as these types of games and communities now too? If I wanted to just hear people argue and air their grievances (or really fan fiction over what creators are up to is what it tends to resemble) then I'd go sit in on a public court case or something? I don't think this was what hobbies were supposed to be about, or at least that's not how I remember it being over most of my life. Typically hobbies and discussion surrounding them tended to be about something somewhat constructive instead of whatever miserable thing most game fandoms have devolved into lately. It's hard to even laugh at anymore, it's just kind of sad and pathetic honestly and makes me wonder what people expect to get out of the whole experience and what the point is of entertainment anymore if it just seems to be yet another thing for society to be perpetually mad over.

I don't know I guess it's like a generational thing and like it's something to see and kind of figure that successive ones after mine are going to have way more miserable lives and less room for anything positive or constructive in them by the looks of things. The idea of having healthy non-toxic communities for anything going forward seems kind of off the table now.
Well, people just write whatever they want... So other people feel in their right to do the same.

Then it's all downhill from there.

That's why said forums, communities and fandoms had MODS.

Last edited:

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Part of the complaining is also that "I'm waiting patiently" isn't something that usually gets said, and there's been little to actually talk about in terms of new content as far as I'm aware.
Yeah, I'm one of those who are waiting patiently, like, there's a lot you can do with your life while waiting for the next update, it's not as if I had a job that depends entirely on the game being regularly updated or something. Want to talk about new content? Try talking about mods in the meantime, I'm almost sure they do at Discord but I only check in here, and unfortunately almost everything I read in this thread lately is bitching after complaining after whining after bitching again.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Yeah, I'm one of those who are waiting patiently, like, there's a lot you can do with your life while waiting for the next update, it's not as if I had a job that depends entirely on the game being regularly updated or something. Want to talk about new content? Try talking about mods in the meantime, I'm almost sure they do at Discord but I only check in here, and unfortunately almost everything I read in this thread lately is bitching after complaining after whining after bitching again.
Sadly no real mod update for a while.

Damm mods creators milking their Patr.....

Oh wait..

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Sadly no real mod update for a while.

Damm mods creators milking their Patr.....

Oh wait..
Well, something that came to my mind a few hours ago, is that the people impatient for the update could kill some time making their own mods. You don't even need to create new art nor start programming from zero, for the art you can use either characters already present in the game or MGI images, and for the programming you can use an existing mod (changing ALL of the text, don't want to be blamed for plagiarism, heh heh) taking as a guide for brand new stuff existing mechanics in the vanilla game, to get one's desired effects (i.e. the screen moving from side to side, the fading to black, etc).
Doing this will also help the mod community grow a lot, you people might as well consider the idea if you do have that free time.

Desenra

Jun 23, 2020
Love this game, got so much time on it already and cant wait for more updates. I was curious if anyone knows if the creator is gonna put any ntr/lending play into the game? If not thats fine (dont wanna start some random war) just curious. If not I'll hope for a mod cause I'm lazy as hell.

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes