JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
You were right, the issue was that I tried to add a Bikini Imp to the "Diminuendo" mod, and I messed up doing it. I only wanted her to appear in an event, so I only put the name and the picture's location starting from "_BlankGiantess.json". Do you guys know how to do it right?
As a suggestion, first, if you don't mind replacing another mod's content, it might be easier to find a mod that adds at least an event with a direct monster girl to it (such as DemonsNShamans mod), and replace the monster girl's files (both her Stat file and pictures) with the one for Beach elf. Another suggestion would be to, instead, copy that mod folder (while changing the name of the mod), and replacing the files only in the copy (whilst making sure it works as an independent copy of the original mod, with your added modifications for the Beach elf.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You were right, the issue was that I tried to add a Bikini Imp to the "Diminuendo" mod, and I messed up doing it. I only wanted her to appear in an event, so I only put the name and the picture's location starting from "_BlankGiantess.json". Do you guys know how to do it right?
I don't know this game's modding, but I do know python and Renpy, and what is happening here is that it's trying to add an item drop with a drop chance of "" (empty string) when it should be a number. I would look at how NPCs with no combat presence are defined in the base game, and base your new one off of that.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
I would look at how NPCs with no combat presence are defined in the base game, and base your new one off of that.
Actually, I was thinking about this 20 mins ago while in the bus going home. I'll check your suggestions out, thank you both.

what is happening here is that it's trying to add an item drop with a drop chance of "" (empty string) when it should be a number.
Yeah, I didn't even add item drops. If your last suggestion doesn't work, I'll just copy "Diminuenda.json" and modify it.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Yeah, I didn't even add item drops.
Well, apart from a single item drop, I also added her species and the IDName (I can't believe I missed the latter), and the file was good to go. But the event wasn't, it kept crashing the game.
For guys who try to do something like I did, I'll tell you what worked so you won't be at the same level of idiocy at which I was.
I was trying to show 12 imps in an event, like in the imp den. In the imp den event, there're 12 speakers and they're shown like:
"1",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"1",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"1",
"2",
And in a similar fashion, I put 12 imp speakers and tried to show them like this (I started from 2 because 1 is reserved for the original character of the event, which is still present):
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
The game crashes with that setup, and since the imps didn't speak in my modification, I deleted all other 11 imps and showed the same imp 12 times, I mean, putting "2" 12 times.
Now the game doesn't crash, but now I'm busy grinding in hard mode in the forest so I don't know if that will work as intended.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Well, apart from a single item drop, I also added her species and the IDName (I can't believe I missed the latter), and the file was good to go. But the event wasn't, it kept crashing the game.
For guys who try to do something like I did, I'll tell you what worked so you won't be at the same level of idiocy at which I was.
I was trying to show 12 imps in an event, like in the imp den. In the imp den event, there're 12 speakers and they're shown like:
"1",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"1",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"1",
"2",
And in a similar fashion, I put 12 imp speakers and tried to show them like this (I started from 2 because 1 is reserved for the original character of the event, which is still present):
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
"2",
"3",
"4",
"5",
The game crashes with that setup, and since the imps didn't speak in my modification, I deleted all other 11 imps and showed the same imp 12 times, I mean, putting "2" 12 times.
Now the game doesn't crash, but now I'm busy grinding in hard mode in the forest so I don't know if that will work as intended.
Hooray! It worked. Can't believe I've grinded over level 60 in hard mode in such a short time, by the way.

• Wow
Reactions: JakeMSG

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
AZURE BLAZE, a content expansion mod for Beris featuring over 20k words of conversation, relationship progression, and sexual encounters with everyone's favorite tempestuous hellhound will be out Sunday, 17 December 2022. If you enjoyed Embrace, I hope you'll check this mod out as well!
Warning: Azure Blaze will overwrite some bar meeting scenes with Beris, which will leave the vanilla versions of those scenes inaccessible. Additionally, this mod has a 99% chance of breaking if Threshold updates Beris further in just about any way. Please use this information to interact with angry hellhound girls responsibly!
Preview Images:
azure blaze teaser.JPG azure blaze teaser 2.JPG azure blaze teaser 3.JPG

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
AZURE BLAZE, a content expansion mod for Beris featuring over 20k words of conversation, relationship progression, and sexual encounters with everyone's favorite tempestuous hellhound will be out Sunday, 17 December 2022. If you enjoyed Embrace, I hope you'll check this mod out as well!
Warning: Azure Blaze will overwrite some bar meeting scenes with Beris, which will leave the vanilla versions of those scenes inaccessible. Additionally, this mod has a 99% chance of breaking if Threshold updates Beris further in just about any way. Please use this information to interact with angry hellhound girls responsibly!
Preview Images:
View attachment 2241736 View attachment 2241738 View attachment 2241739
I fucking loved Embrace, and will definitely be checking this out shortly. I'll drop by with a proper review of the mod later.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Preview Images:
View attachment 2241736 View attachment 2241738 View attachment 2241739
Its 17 december for me!!!!!
WHERE LINK TO IT M8????????????????????7777777777777777

• Haha
Reactions: HumanRug and Aylia

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Actually, you gave me an idea. If I add the corresponding nested folders for the elf images (like the procedure for Android modding), maaaybe it'll override the ones present in the .apk, though I won't put my hopes up on that since it's a long shot.
Made it!!!!!!! I'll update the Android modding post with corresponding instructions for community's future reference.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
AZURE BLAZE is a [Maledom] focused content expansion mod for Beris featuring over 20k words of conversation, relationship progression, and sexual encounters with everyone's favorite tempestuous hellhound. If you enjoyed Embrace, I hope you'll check this mod out as well!
Requirements to Start the Azure Blaze Content:
Load a Town Save in the Town Square (You should always do this, but since this mod changes town content, loading a save in the bar or your room might throw errors)
Acquire the Lucidian Passport by Clearing the Labryinth
Have 50 or more progress with Beris by interacting with her in the Town Bar (If you don't have enough progress, there will be hints as to how much you have in her new menu option)
Once you have all done all of the above, visit Beris during the evening as usual, or meet her during a brothel shift.

Azure Blaze Content:
New conversation scenes: Deepen your relationship with Beris through a variety of talks. Some conversations unlock after you view certain sex scenes!
New sex scenes: Eight new sex scenes, several of which have multiple variants you can choose. Some sex scenes unlock after you view certain conversations!
Relationship progression: New repeat meeting scenes, new one-off scenes, new wakeup scenes that occur after every new and vanilla sex scene. Enjoy your time with your tempestuous canine companion!

I hope you enjoy the mod! Please ping me with any errors or bugs that may arise from your playthrough.

Last edited:

Skel Dev

Aug 13, 2021
AZURE BLAZE is a [Maledom] focused content expansion mod for Beris featuring over 20k words of conversation, relationship progression, and sexual encounters with everyone's favorite tempestuous hellhound. If you enjoyed Embrace, I hope you'll check this mod out as well!
Load a Town Save in the Town Square (You should always do this, but since this mod changes town content, loading a save in the bar or your room might throw errors)
Have 50 or more progress with Beris by interacting with her in the Town Bar (If you don't have enough progress, there will be hints as to how much you have in her new menu option)
Once you have all done all of the above, visit Beris during the evening as usual, or meet her during a brothel shift.

Azure Blaze Content:
New conversation scenes: Deepen your relationship with Beris through a variety of talks. Some conversations unlock after you view certain sex scenes!
New sex scenes: Eight new sex scenes, several of which have multiple variants you can choose. Some sex scenes unlock after you view certain conversations!
Relationship progression: New repeat meeting scenes, new one-off scenes, new wakeup scenes that occur after every new and vanilla sex scene. Enjoy your time with your tempestuous canine companion!

I hope you enjoy the mod! Please ping me with any errors or bugs that may arise from your playthrough.
All of that in such a small .zip file?
Would be interested in a few details such as how you (assuming you are the actual dev) did this. For example how long it took you, why you decided to do it and it anyone helped you with this.

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
All of that in such a small .zip file?
Would be interested in a few details such as how you (assuming you are the actual dev) did this. For example how long it took you, why you decided to do it and it anyone helped you with this.
Most MGD mods consist entirely of JSON files, so overall they're pretty lightweight. I think the biggest file in this one is 250kB uncompressed. As for why I wanted to do it, Beris is one of my favorite MGD characters (Shizu is another one, which is why I wrote Embrace) and I wanted to progress my relationship with her post-Labyrinth. I wrote all the content and script changes myself, and I've been working on it since about February 2022, though most of work happened within the last 4 or so months.

Halo.gen

Sep 30, 2022
I last played this game around a year or two ago, it seems like not a lot of content was added and the pace of development has slowed down by quite a lot (at least compared to previous years). I'm curious if there's a reason behind that? Maybe a large update is planned or the dev is just burnt out on this project? (Happens)
Or something else entirely

And for the record, I'm not asking this to start drama or anything, I'm genuinely wondering because I loved this game when I played it, and was hopeful the game would see a bright future and would become even better than it was a year or so ago

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
I can't even begin to imagine how the dev would properly balance that.

Azure Blaze Content:

So, I like the content quite a bit. Just a small criticism that's more personal preference:
In the game you usually get responses and even if most are just flavorful and have no greater consequences (though they sometimes do) they allow the player to feel a sense of participation in the flow of the dialogue. You could add responses when Beris first throws the character into the room or when she asks the pc what they like about her. That sorta stuff.
Overall the thing seems pretty well-written so far.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gojii and lnppo

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
So, I like the content quite a bit. Just a small criticism that's more personal preference:
In the game you usually get responses and even if most are just flavorful and have no greater consequences (though they sometimes do) they allow the player to feel a sense of participation in the flow of the dialogue. You could add responses when Beris first throws the character into the room or when she asks the pc what they like about her. That sorta stuff.
Overall the thing seems pretty well-written so far.
I tend to agree that more responses are better. I'll consider adding some for the next major release; my concern this time around was getting the damn thing out. It has enough I had to keep track of already.

Reactions: Gojii

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
I tend to agree that more responses are better. I'll consider adding some for the next major release; my concern this time around was getting the damn thing out. It has enough I had to keep track of already.
As someone who writes ttrpg adventures for a hobby I think I can sympathise to a degree, haha. Damn thing has around 18k words and is still not done. And whenever you think about it you realise you could add something or modify something, it never ends if you don't make the conscious call to finally release "the damn thing."

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes