Mar 11, 2021
Well you do have the beautiful sprites and quality audio on top of the excellent writing. I personally find myself more fully immersed in the descriptions of Monster Girl Dream than a lot of other games who try to cover mediocre writing with fancy animation. However, everyone has their own tastes. As bwardyunbip says: it's about your imagination and/or how much you enjoy the story.
BRUH. thats all i can say. I hope see something like that. ehh perhaps i never find good feet content.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
BRUH. thats all i can say. I hope see something like that. ehh perhaps i never find good feet content.
Kotone's masturbation challenge has the CG you've attached, if that was what you were looking for. In order for it to unlock, you must have 25 of foot fetish.

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I apologize if this isn't the place to ask, but how do you know if a mod will work with the current version of the game? I was looking at the mod 'StatChangingSaintess', (yes, I'm a filthy cheater, lol), but I don't see anything about what version it's updated too game-wise, or if version doesn't matter.

Is it one of those mods that isn't affected by the game version since it just adds in a NPC unrelated to the story or other characters, and is only used for editing the MC's stats?

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this question.

Reactions: Gojii and HumanRug

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
I apologize if this isn't the place to ask, but how do you know if a mod will work with the current version of the game? I was looking at the mod 'StatChangingSaintess', (yes, I'm a filthy cheater, lol), but I don't see anything about what version it's updated too game-wise, or if version doesn't matter.

Is it one of those mods that isn't affected by the game version since it just adds in a NPC unrelated to the story or other characters, and is only used for editing the MC's stats?

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this question.
In the recent updates, there haven't been any critical changes to the modding code of the game, therefore mods should all work, regardless of the current update (so long as they are not in the "broken" section of the wiki, since those mods are from before a big change in the game code). I can also testify that, right now, all the mods should work even with the current version.
However, if, at any point in the future, Thres would again change something very important in the code used by mods in general, then you'd have all the mods needing at least one more update, to make them work once again.

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
In the recent updates, there haven't been any critical changes to the modding code of the game, therefore mods should all work, regardless of the current update (so long as they are not in the "broken" section of the wiki, since those mods are from before a big change in the game code). I can also testify that, right now, all the mods should work even with the current version.
However, if, at any point in the future, Thres would again change something very important in the code used by mods in general, then you'd have all the mods needing at least one more update, to make them work once again.
Thank you!

• Red Heart
Reactions: JakeMSG

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Modding question:
Soon, I'll be playing the game on Android again. But I wanted to replace vanilla images with others, namely, replace the vanilla elf with the bikini elf from "Beach Party" mod. Is it possible to replace the images via an addition, instead of opening the .apk and then ruining it in the process? I'm asking because I tried to mod an .apk before, but when I compressed the files again into an .apk, the .apk wouldn't install (the file got corrupted, making it short).
And I liked the Android version enough to not use Windows version via JoiPlay.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Modding question:
Soon, I'll be playing the game on Android again. But I wanted to replace vanilla images with others, namely, replace the vanilla elf with the bikini elf from "Beach Party" mod. Is it possible to replace the images via an addition, instead of opening the .apk and then ruining it in the process? I'm asking because I tried to mod an .apk before, but when I compressed the files again into an .apk, the .apk wouldn't install (the file got corrupted, making it short).
And I liked the Android version enough to not use Windows version via JoiPlay.
In so far as I checked myself (briefly), on Android, both using JoiPlay emulation for the Windows version and using the Android version directly give similar results, barring the Mods, so personally I would've gone for using JoiPlay (in fact, I just downloaded the Windows verion on my phone just for that). Messing around with the apk requires you to have some Re-signing apps usually, and can lead to some issues depending on the situation. Either way, from my tests, both ways of playing on the phone do have some limitations, such as the Map having the options as dialogue choices instead of picture selections (and not having any scroll on those options, meaning that, with Mods on the phone, you wouldn't be able to get all Map locations). You could make the proper Saves on the PC for the game (such as making a Modded Save on the Beach, possibly right in an Bikini Elf encounter), to then port that Save to the phone (to the JoiPlay-using version of the game).
Other than that, not much other ways of replacing the files (as the Android version only leaves Folders for Saves on the phone, and the rest of the files work like with any other apps on the phone; If you get into programming Android apps though, you might find ways of altering said files directly, after install).

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
the Map having the options as dialogue choices instead of picture selections (and not having any scroll on those options, meaning that, with Mods on the phone, you wouldn't be able to get all Map locations)
Yeah, with the mods I'm planning on using, I can't directly return to town from the map screen. Actually, I have to reach a rest spot to go to town.

the Android version only leaves Folders for Saves on the phone
Actually, you gave me an idea. If I add the corresponding nested folders for the elf images (like the procedure for Android modding), maaaybe it'll override the ones present in the .apk, though I won't put my hopes up on that since it's a long shot. Thanks anyway for the quick answer.

Last edited:

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I swear you used to be able to rollback in this game, I would always use analyze then rollback to use whatever skill the monster girl was weak too.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
I swear you used to be able to rollback in this game, I would always use analyze then rollback to use whatever skill the monster girl was weak too.
Well, you can always save before you analyze, then load that save. It has the same results.

Reactions: Gojii

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Sorry man, before Ceris gets any dates we require the ability to collar Beris, clip on a leash, put her in a bondage style wedding dress before taking her for walkies to the church and down the isle to get married.
No way, haha. If anything she'd be the one leashing our character.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah, with the mods I'm planning on using, I can't directly return to town from the map screen. Actually, I have to reach a rest spot to go to town.

Actually, you gave me an idea. If I add the corresponding nested folders for the elf images (like the procedure for Android modding), maaaybe it'll override the ones present in the .apk, though I won't put my hopes up on that since it's a long shot. Thanks anyway for the quick answer.
Sorry to kill your longshot, but it's quite likely to not work. I tried, in a similar vein, to manually add the Mods folder in there, hoping it might work, but no dice. (Although, if you still wish to try, shouldn't take long to quickly transfer the proper nested folders and see if anything happens, just don't put your hopes up)

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
I tried, in a similar vein, to manually add the Mods folder in there, hoping it might work, but no dice.
The mods folder thing DOES work. Maybe you didn't follow well my tutorial. Unless Thresh changed some major shit in the last 3 months, mods from PC can be perfectly installed in Android.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Sorry to kill your longshot, but it's quite likely to not work. I tried, in a similar vein, to manually add the Mods folder in there, hoping it might work, but no dice. (Although, if you still wish to try, shouldn't take long to quickly transfer the proper nested folders and see if anything happens, just don't put your hopes up)
The mods folder thing DOES work. Maybe you didn't follow well my tutorial. Unless Thresh changed some major shit in the last 3 months, mods from PC can be perfectly installed in Android.
Ooooohhhh, holy motherfucker!! What the hell just happened?! Game crashes on loading screen, these are the log and traceback:

LOG:

Thu Dec 15 00:22:16 2022
Unknown platform.
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.00s
Manufacturer motorola model moto g51 5G
Screen diagonal is 6.11914260742 inches.
Early init took 0.07s
Early init took 0.07s
Android search paths: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/game /data/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/game
Loader init took 0.06s
Loader init took 0.06s
Loading error handling took 0.06s
Loading script took 0.47s
Saving to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/saves
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.00s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Faled to initialize steam: OSError('dlopen failed: library "/data/user/0/monstergirldreams.program/files/libsteam_api.so" not found',)
Set script version to: (7, 5, 3)

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 466, in script call
File "gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpyc", line 17, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 507, in <module>
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

While running game code:
DPI scale factor: 1.000000

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main

While running game code:

TRACEBACK:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Ooooohhhh, holy motherfucker!! What the hell just happened?! Game crashes on loading screen, these are the log and traceback:

LOG:

Thu Dec 15 00:22:16 2022
Unknown platform.
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Manufacturer motorola model moto g51 5G
Screen diagonal is 6.11914260742 inches.
Early init took 0.07s
Early init took 0.07s
Android search paths: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/game /data/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/game
Loader init took 0.06s
Loader init took 0.06s
Saving to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/saves
Faled to initialize steam: OSError('dlopen failed: library "/data/user/0/monstergirldreams.program/files/libsteam_api.so" not found',)
Set script version to: (7, 5, 3)

Full traceback:

While running game code:
DPI scale factor: 1.000000

Full traceback:

While running game code:

TRACEBACK:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
That looks like a problem with a particular mod rather than a problem with mods in general, does that mod work on the PC version?

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
The only new mod I tried this time was "Steppy", but let me check something
You were right, the issue was that I tried to add a Bikini Imp to the "Diminuendo" mod, and I messed up doing it. I only wanted her to appear in an event, so I only put the name and the picture's location starting from "_BlankGiantess.json". Do you guys know how to do it right?

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes