Jan 5, 2021
I see... A fellow enjoyer of great culture.

In my opinion, it is more exciting to be just on the edge of promiscuity. Building up one's lust/desire through almost sexual acts makes it all the more worth it when you finally get the "Cat".

I hope for the dev to make longer scenes that makes us imagine more and have the feeling when you read it, it feels good.

(Ancilla best girl, gib more interactions and other scenes please. Really I just want my specific fetish fix... Please?)

Ye, i think there will be more content with all of the hellhounds for sure, a lot of promise there.
Also, pet play is gud.

• Angry
Reactions: Ghostload

usarius

Feb 15, 2022
Hi when i tried to download a few mods when ever i encounter something from them such as the dragon mod i get this-

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object (u'map/../../Mods/Dragon/Images//Map/MGD_Map_Icon_Dragonspire.png') at 0x000000001837ae50>:
File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 64, in script
window hide dissolve
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 169, in execute_window_hide
_window_hide(trans)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 101, in _window_hide
renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'map/../../Mods/Dragon/Images/Map/MGD_Map_Icon_Dragonspire.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 64, in script
window hide dissolve
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 169, in execute_window_hide
_window_hide(trans)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 101, in _window_hide
renpy.with_statement(trans)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1657, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2801, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2605, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 377, in render
bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 704, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 885, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1337, in render
st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 627, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 295, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 720, in load
raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'map/../../Mods/Dragon/Images/Map/MGD_Map_Icon_Dragonspire.png'.

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v24.4a
Thu Feb 16 15:02:58 2023

-if you have any tip or a way to fix this thanks im not tech savvy
i followed the install tutorial where i extracted them out of the game folder and put them all into game/mods

triplebrc

May 29, 2019
Don't feel too bad! The updates are still about as big as monthly updates...wait, that just makes it worse.
Sometimes I think I should make my own game of this genre. I always thought you needed programming skills, which I have by now, the ability to produce art, which I do not have and never will have, and most importantly japanese knowledge since most of the market is in japan, which I also will never have because of how undeniably retarded the japanese writing system actually is, but if we really look at what this game is, none of that seems necessary.
It is a rather simple core concept using the same basic battling and status effects as countless other games, no original mechanics, world is neither big nor too original either, scenes are basically just the sprite of the enemy and some text, with the sprites being done by others, text written in plain English, which is my second language. Despite all this it is creating so much money from people wanting more of it as the development process almost seems to crawl to a halt for some reason.

Perhaps I am picturing it easier than it actually is, can't rule that out, but if I ever find the motivation to sit my ass down and improve my English to a native level (I have no clue about English grammar, I am just going by what sounds right) it seems rather managable, and I can't imagine a better full time job than that if it ever gets that big.

Sadly underused, which is weird to me given that the entire fetish is build around control and it would make more sense being controlled by a physically imposing being. It is not the only thing though, the entire fetish seems to suffer from perpetual blowjob and boobjob obsession, leaving little room for other things, which thankfully has gotten better in recent years.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Your game can't find the Dragon Spire icon, either your game is too nested or (way less likely) you messed up while downloading. Relocate your game folder closer to its drive's root folder, or download the mod again if the icon isn't there.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Since there are nothing to talk about, game oriented...
I tried gorgons garden mod. It blends pretty smoothly into game, both in 'lore' and art style.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Kungoru

Jul 10, 2018
Are there any good sources aside from the wiki for some up to date mods that work? Or are the ones in the wiki the entire collection?
There are probably some in this thread, but if they are not on the wiki then they are probably aren't worth the trouble

Last edited:

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Hatred makes you do funny things. Make of that what you will.
I always wondered before, like columbine shooting, why try to kill everyone and not just the bullies?
Then I got bullied, and I understood it, it's when everyone is against you, you tell people about it but they don't want to admit it, not even ones parents, it's just you over-analyzing etc. No one wants to deal with it, no one speaks up, and in a heartbeat everyone is at fault. the silent ones, the teachers, the ones you confided in - the teachers who turned, we have no bullying issues in our school says the principal - keeping face..
Kinda make sense then, doesn't it?
And i wasn't bullied at school, this was just an example

Jan 5, 2021
Are there any good sources aside from the wiki for some up to date mods that work? Or are the ones in the wiki the entire collection?
Nah, i don't. Not yet at least.

It's more like the fact that there is only about 30% of map open currently. 70% is still fog. And this game has been in development for 6 YEARS now? Hell, RDR2 was developed in 8 years, i guess in two years we can get update with shrinking horse balls, especially since it's fitting for the game's setting.
But jokes aside, i'm lucky that im only 18 y.o. because maybe i can actually live long enough to see this game fully released yet.

amasha

May 2, 2018
I actually liked Kotone more before i've read her story. I liked the way she was this mischievous kitsune (i mean most kitsune in games are like this in some form or another) and she was always one of my favorite characters, but when i read her full story and played it myself.. damn that shit got depressive really fast..

Rape and murder? well that kinda ruined the character for me.. and killed my mood.. xD Sofia stole a lot of souls too, meaning she also killed people, but somehow i found her story less depressing

I gotta say i would like the game more if it would stay light hearted .. i mean having deep story and all is something i wish for, but for my own prefference i just don't like tragic backstorys for semi-nice characters that makes them appear evil
Heard about "Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy"? He was explaining to the player during the gameplay about how inflicting pain to the player makes the "treat" or a "prize" for finishing the game more satisfying. Kotone's situation is the same - her story makes player sad, her "treatment" makes him even more sad, but that makes the "First Lovey-Dovey Sex" scene just Adorable...

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Heard about "Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy"? He was explaining to the player during the gameplay about how inflicting pain to the player makes the "treat" or a "prize" for finishing the game more satisfying. Kotone's situation is the same - her story makes player sad, her "treatment" makes him even more sad, but that makes the "First Lovey-Dovey Sex" scene just Adorable...
It's also a semi-typical visual novel cliche character type too. The one that seems completely unlikeable, but then you delve further into their story and find out more about them, and understand why they are the way they are.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I personally like that Kotone isn’t a good person tbh it makes her more interesting to me. In fact I’d like more girls who are like that. The Capital seems like a good chance to do that we’ll see.
I mean, you can only see so many upfront good, and sweet characters before you start to get a bit tired of them, seeing different personalities and traits is really cool when they deviate from the norm.

Developers then start to do that a bit too much too. Usually they have an assorted tray of selection for visual novels though.

Reactions: Kratmann
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes