Niub

Jul 8, 2018
I am lv55 and I have honestly zero clue how you are supposed to beat Dark Perpetua at that point in the game. I mean I probablly dont have optimal specs but I dont do nearly enough damage and I wont start over or grind another 20 levels just to beat what is effectively the enemy next to the zone of monsters I had essentially no major issues with.

Reactions: HumanRug

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
I am lv55 and I have honestly zero clue how you are supposed to beat Dark Perpetua at that point in the game. I mean I probablly dont have optimal specs but I dont do nearly enough damage and I wont start over or grind another 20 levels just to beat what is effectively the enemy next to the zone of monsters I had essentially no major issues with.
How much damage does Holy Layer do? I did around 200, so around 18 attacks were required.
Heal whenever required, I wasted 11 elixirs on this.
Finally, save after every round and reload if the following turn is too drastic (failing two checks in a row, getting restricted right after getting out of it, etc.).

Niub

Jul 8, 2018
How much damage does Holy Layer do? I did around 200, so around 18 attacks were required.
Heal whenever required, I wasted 11 elixirs on this.
Finally, save after every round and reload if the following turn is too drastic (failing two checks in a row, getting restricted right after getting out of it, etc.).
I have a Technique based build so not that much damage as it scales of power. I am aware one could probably grind that fight out with save scumming and throwing items at it en masse but that's just shit design. The issue is that you get basically stuck into a slimed+charmed+debuffs lock that if you dont get rid of charmed, you cant get rid of slimed and are locked out of some abilities but if you take care of that you can eat combos that take essentially most if not all of your remaining health bar, which then costs you 3 spirit because of that mark you cannot get rid of.

There is no way to mechanically outplay this fight. You either have to have a massive level or ressource advantage that will allow you to basically ignore what Perpetua is doing and to brute force the fight. I mean at some level that will always be true of all RPGs but when a 5 level lead on an enemy isnt enough that is "next in line" after the monsters you could defeat with not too many issues, you seriously messed up the balance - or just massively overcompensated for the dozen grindlords that really really wanted to beat that succubus in the forest dungeon without thinking about everyone else.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
I can't seem to get version 25 to work with Joiplay, does anyone else have the same problem?
I never could make MGD work with JoiPlay. Instead, I used the Android version, and focused on learning how to adapt PC modding techniques to Android.

Poncherral

Feb 27, 2018
I never could make MGD work with JoiPlay. Instead, I used the Android version, and focused on learning how to adapt PC modding techniques to Android.
I just found a solution, you have to download the latest Ren'Py patch for Joiplay from patreon, not the appstore.

Reactions: HumanRug

Atribator

Dec 23, 2017
I was looking through the perk types, and I have the impression one perk is doing the opposite of what it should.

Enduring body is a power perk which reduces crit chance against yourself in 10%, and the perk definition has CritChanceBoostSelf = 10.

At the same time, Sofia's Touch of Ecstasy perk has a description saying "Increases your crit chance by 5% and crit damage boost by 50% but also for all attacks on you", and the perk definition has:
CritChanceBoost = 5
CritDamageBoost = 50
CritChanceBoostSelf = 5
CritDamageBoostSelf = 50

So one of them is backwards, and I suppose it's enduring body (should be -10). Am I wrong?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I was looking through the perk types, and I have the impression one perk is doing the opposite of what it should.

Enduring body is a power perk which reduces crit chance against yourself in 10%, and the perk definition has CritChanceBoostSelf = 10.

At the same time, Sofia's Touch of Ecstasy perk has a description saying "Increases your crit chance by 5% and crit damage boost by 50% but also for all attacks on you", and the perk definition has:
CritChanceBoost = 5
CritDamageBoost = 50
CritChanceBoostSelf = 5
CritDamageBoostSelf = 50

So one of them is backwards, and I suppose it's enduring body (should be -10). Am I wrong?
Crit chance boost (target) self.
Enemies using this as addition to own critical chance, i.e. enemie.crit chance + player.crit chance vulnerability, which returns positive number.

Atribator

Dec 23, 2017
Crit chance boost (target) self.
Enemies using this as addition to own critical chance, i.e. enemie.crit chance + player.crit chance vulnerability, which returns positive number.
When I say "sofia's perk" actually I mean this is a perk given to player after beating sofia; it's one of the perks you can choose, not one she has for herself.

So, in both cases, the stat in on player, but they have opposite descriptions, but both have positive values. One of them should be negative. So, as you said, if an enemy has a 50% crit chance:

player with none of those perks: 50% chance of taking crit
player with enduring body: 50% + 10% = 60% chance of taking crit
player with touch of ecstasy: 50% + 5% = 55% chance of taking crit

Maybe it isnt flat addition, % values could be multiplied (50% * 10% = 55%), but the point is, one of the skills is wrong, right?

Editing, did the test by changing the values on both perks and testing them on a new game. The perk is indeed wrong, but in touch of ecstasy.

On both cases, a value of -150 makes every opponent attack crit, so it should be -5 on touch of ecstasy stat. Enduring body was correct.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes