blobbleu

Oct 18, 2021
In that case, try using more items. I'm not such a fan of support items, but they can get you out of a pretty bad situation like that since Labyrinth foes get stronger with each fight.
The other way is grind some levels. Try raising them to 30 (or 40 if needed). That should be enough.

After the 10th fight, they're as strong as a build with capped stats and also able to make you cum at least once.
I finnaly managed to get through, my biggest strugle was that the trap drained too much energy cause I failed my dice rolls.
The night map is also way easier to get through.
After this, I managed to grind all the other relationships, Thank you all for your help!

Prototype909

Jul 2, 2018
Are there any plans to be able to visit the Labyrinth Hell Hound sisters and be able to initiate sex with them on demand ala the Will-Power temple characters?

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
First off, I think the response to criticism/angry posts was better than 95% of other Devs on this site, who would have left the forum by now. Props for that.
:giggle:

On another note, I think it's more productive to focus on solutions. For example, do you have any ideas on how to speed up your development schedule, or are you going to stick to the same processes and apologise when the next patch in 6 months time is 3mins of extra gameplay? Your post didn't cover any changes to plans going forward.
Ye I have ideas and plans.
Which is why I've spent time on logistics things and getting a proper editor.
Some of it wont visibly pay off for a while still, but that stuff will get better.
Other than improving and expanding stuff rest of it is working on personal health stuff and junk like that.

(Also if someone could speed run the labyrinth in 3 min I'd be surprised xD)
(Though I think the labyrinth probably shoulda taken 3-4 months at most.)

I totally get that you're 95% of the development team, and that random life bullshit can happen (especially in recent years). However, at SOME POINT, "writers block, depression, moving house, sickness, community issues, etc" just sounds like "I can't be arsed, and here are some excuses".
Ye, but sounds like and the actuality are different things at the end of the day. If people want to perceive things one way there's not much I can do about it.
Other than that I just need to keep moving forward and keep getting work done.

You're earning a median annual wage on Patreon, and with that comes certain expectations from your supporters. Given the size of the last patch and the time taken for development, I'm surprised they aren't madder.
Vivian butt was apparently very powerful?
But more seriously, I'm overall very transparent about things and forthcoming with information on the project, which is... apparently uncommon? Which factors into the support, though yeah there's definitely an amount where I don't fully get why people are supportive as much as they are.
And I'm sure a number of people were also around pre-crash and have watch the entire thing play out, as well as seeing the update pace I had prior.

Are there any plans to be able to visit the Labyrinth Hell Hound sisters and be able to initiate sex with them on demand ala the Will-Power temple characters?
I would very much like to, especially for Ceris given all the offers she throws your way.
Beris probably not though given her whole deal. :unsure:

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
How can I chose the mod?
You mean go download it? Check the game wiki. If you mean in-game, most mods come with a ReadMe file telling you how to begin playing the mod (Diminuendo, for example, starts with a quest in Mystic Forest, IIRC).

(Also if someone could speed run the labyrinth in 3 min I'd be surprised xD)
I probably could have finished it in less than 10 minutes, but somehow my phone was laggy enough to make me complete it in more than half an hour. I'm not complaining on the game's performance, but on my phone's.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I would very much like to, especially for Ceris given all the offers she throws your way.
Beris probably not though given her whole deal. :unsure:
Beris we can already have sex with in town though, so that's not really a problem. Would very much like to see Ceris coming to town too. Maybe she sees Beris there, and the pair of them have a bit of an awkward scene together. I kind of suspect that the sisters do already know about her kink, and just don't mention it to avoid embarrassing her, but that would bring the whole thing into the open.

Mirkuzzo96

Feb 3, 2020
You mean go download it? Check the game wiki. If you mean in-game, most mods come with a ReadMe file telling you how to begin playing the mod (Diminuendo, for example, starts with a quest in Mystic Forest, IIRC).

I probably could have finished it in less than 10 minutes, but somehow my phone was laggy enough to make me complete it in more than half an hour. I'm not complaining on the game's performance, but on my phone's.
sorry if i ask to u but... i downloaded the mod and put it into the window named "mod" but not change anything, i don't know what else i need to do for let the mod start correctly, now i re-try to read well what was writed in the site, maybe i'm doing it wrong

Mirkuzzo96

Feb 3, 2020
sorry if i ask to u but... i downloaded the mod and put it into the window named "mod" but not change anything, i don't know what else i need to do for let the mod start correctly, now i re-try to read well what was writed in the site, maybe i'm doing it wrong
if you can take me the link with the mod alredy installed correctly you make me a great favour

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
if you can take me the link with the mod alredy installed correctly you make me a great favour
That would be giving you the whole game with the mod installed, and it's a HUGE waste of bandwidth and time for both of us when the right procedure is pretty simple. Two things on this matter:
. Most mods are inside a folder that has a name hinting at the mod's version, for example, let's say we got version 2 of Diminuendo mod. The mod's files would be in DiminuendoV2/diminuendo/, but if you copy DiminuendoV2/ to the mods/ folder in the game's root directory, most probably (actually I'm sure, but maybe I'm wrong) the mod won't work. You have to copy diminuendo/ instead. That's probably told in the ReadMe, but I'm too lazy to go check it now.
. If you're playing on Windows, follow the installing instructions in the wiki, and if you're playing on Android, follow the installing instructions linked in my signature.

Reactions: Thatoneguyyyyyyy

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
Something i'd advice, as much as i love the extra artwork that appears when we start fucking the blue slime, and i wish more enemies had special artwork when they are in certain stances. best case scenario each monster have their own artwork for each stance in the finished game, it should be a low-priority in terms of development. it's nice to look at, but that's about it, should be done once the main game is done to enhance the base game more.

i'd say that Main-story should have a rough sketch at the very least in terms how it progresses, then think of possible side-quests or side-activities and see if doing them unlocks unique dialouge during the main quest. and once those things are taken care of we can think about enhancements to the general experience.

i know i'm simplifying things here, it just personally sounds like a easy to-do list for me. no need to do it all i one sweep. but have a general plan how to go forward.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Yesterday I had shower thoughts about this game's story, and have come to a conclusion that I will take as self evident truth.

I fully believe the thing the PC is working towards, is being either the Demon Queen, or Venereae's husband/lover/booty call/ etc, and the entire plot of the game is a series of tests to find the human most fit to pipe whichever one it turns out to be. Here's why.

The overall tone of the game is very laid back and playful. Individuals can and do have real problems, painful memories, and issues, but on the whole, it seems like everyone's having a good time being in on the joke as it were. Hardly the sort of atmosphere you'd expect if there was some driving need to defeat the Demon Queen. Speaking of, she herself sets up the series of trials the Hero needs to clear in order to reach her, and does it in a way to make it not only possible, but feasible, to do so. She's effectively carving the path to her own defeat. All the dungeons (even that pit of suffering and mind numbing tedium that will not be named) have a feel of performance about them. It actually reminds me of Morrowind, where part of the main story involves going to different temples and playing out different historical events/myths as a way of fulfilling prophecies. So while the Sigils and the attaining thereof aren't useless, they are a known quantity in whatever prophecies surround the Hero and everyone is invested in making sure the chosen one gets them in a proper order and manner.

Then there's our alleged goal. Defeat the Demon Queen. Why? There's no war, she's not threatening to start up the war, and no one's even brought up the possibility of restarting hostilities between humans and monsters. (except our cute lizard waifu, but she just wants to fight to find her soul mate) Unless everyone involved in the story knows something we don't, and decided against all logic that informing the Hero of the urgency of their goal, there seems to be no actual reason to disrupt a mostly decent status quo that's slowly improving. If anything, if defeating the Demon Queen did have actual consequences, it could just as like make things worse. If someone giving her a good dicking down made her not the Demon Queen, then we could just as easily get a new one who isn't so on board with maintaining peace and letting relations heal. No my friends, our goal and presumed final boss isn't for any reason that can't wait while we fuck about doing all the side content we want. I can think of two reasons why.

The first possibility is the Demon Queen is horny, but has high standards. Luckily for her, there's a process already in place to find and shape the ideal fuck buddy. All that needs be done is ensure said fuck buddy eventually meanders their way up to the Demon Queen. Hence the trials, all laid out before us like an amusement park ride. We aren't actually questing or anything, just going through the set of tests that ensure we're the one who can satisfy our future wife. The other, is honestly mostly the same, but it's our Goddess herself who wants the D. That turns beating the Demon Queen to basically just another step along the way.

Now, there may be other reasons for this story to unfold. Some other goal that may be revealed after or en route to the Demon Queen's fight. But so far, I haven't seen anything to foreshadow a deeper reason behind it all. Meaning I'm only working with what I have, and can easily extrapolate. One final thought, though. It could be our quest isn't just to pipe the Demon Queen. Since everything right now is kind of alright, that may be enough so everyone just wants to keep the status quo. But, it could also mean instead of stopping a war, overthrowing evil, or anything like that. What we're about here, is speeding up the healing process of this world.

My thoughts on it go thusly. Things are alright, a lot better than they were. We're not killing each other, and a few people from both sides are able to live in peace on the other's turf. But we've already seen from a few monsters that there's old wounds, still not healed. Could be, that the generations since whichever DQ made the enchantment, people were content to let the smoke clear, live and let live. But this isn't a perfect solution, the monsters are effectively trapped there, and very few people are getting used to the idea of living alongside one another. So, perhaps everyone involved in the plot had, well, a plot. If DQ has an equal, a husband/wife who can truly be said to stand alongside her, that could be a potent symbol. For either side, the top monster having not just a human cum dispenser, but a partner would be a powerful sign that coexistence is a real possibility.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I fully believe the thing the PC is working towards, is being either the Demon Queen, or Venereae's husband/lover/booty call/ etc, and the entire plot of the game is a series of tests to find the human most fit to pipe whichever one it turns out to be.
Tell me honestly, you just finished watching oban star racers?!

• Haha
Reactions: Umbral Knight

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
<insert theory here>
I like your thinking, and there definitely is some plan in place to create a state of coexistence. say what you what, but Vivian has to be in cahoots with this whole ordeal somehow, she knows more than she lets on, and constantly tries to ship everyone together. after all, she already sent us 3 times towards something with the goal that we end up having hot-slammin' sex with whoever we are supposed to meet. and each time we beat a stage she seems to push us towards getting to know the inhabitants better. she wants us to marry a monster girl, that much is clear.

one question remains however, that dark knight, she(?) seems quite serious and dangerous. what will her role be? she doesn't seem like the flirty type or in clothing that allows for a lot of sexual poses, so once we reach her how will her encounter play out?

and then there is the biggest issue, if the plan for the Queen is to find a suitable Husband, what about all the side-stories where the girls confess their love towards us? i mean we can get pretty close to Mika, Tabitha, Kotone, Feng, and many more. so if we were to just marry the queen, i can't imagine the girls would be okay with it. i mean feng doesn't like it if you say "welcome to the Harem", Mika gets really upset if you sell the collar, and kotone already has a horrible past with an asshole boyfriend. i really don't wanna make it worse by practically ditching them for some Royal Pussy.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
So, when thinking this up, I only included things that are guaranteed to happen as elements of this potential prophecy. Even stuff that seems really obvious for a chosen one type, like getting the Demon Layer, aren't mechanically mandated to progress. So far, none of the relationships we can get into are explicitly exclusive on the Hero's part. If that changes, and doesn't impact the ending, than I'll be proven wrong, but it could also affect the ending.

Also, on the topic of the Hero being the chosen one. We don't actually know how much weight that has. On one end of the spectrum, nothing will stand in the way of prophecies being fulfilled, so any relationships will either be open, or ended by the end. On the other end of things, the Hero's status as chosen one may hold no weight at all, and it'd be 100% possible to not fulfill a prophecy or more. In that case being the chosen one is more a job description than being mandated by fate and causality to clap Demon Queen cheeks.

As to Vivian's involvement, yes, absolutely. Right now, my list of probable participants in this scheme involves, every monster in the dungeons, the adventurer's guild as a whole including those running the university, the Demon Queen with other high ranking monsters not already present at the dungeons, the goddess and possibly the angels as a whole, and possibly every town npc, except maybe Lillian. (she strikes me more as a useful pawn, than a conspirator) Vivian herself, I think is there to test the Hero more than anything. If success in this is uncertain, then sending us to get fucked by different characters, encouraging us to work a brothel, and to seek out a relationship, all seem like things a weaker character could decide to give up and settle down with.

I didn't add in the Dark Knight to my figuring since we don't know enough about them to say what they're doing and what role it serves in the plot (in both uses of the word here).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JungleNuts

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
<Insert reply here>
Fair enough about the knight, all we know is that she's(?) the queen's enforcer, so she has to play a part in all this sooner or later.

now about the romances and all, i'm certain they'll affect something, after all, if you met the Oni-Twins in the brothel first, and then visit them in the dungeon, they fuck up their intro and go "well, since everything is completely awkward now, feel free to go right ahead and grab the token", thus skipping the bossfight entirely. so if a small side-activity can have such an enormous effect during the main quest, surely those romances gotta affect something in the long run. if what you theorize ends up being true.

another thing I've been thinking about is what's Perpeptuas ordeal is. i mean from an overview standpoint, she just causes smalltime trouble, declares a random adventurer (the player) her Arch Nemesis, appears outta nowhere to taunt you and stroke her ego before running off. and everyone seems to have no idea who she is and what her deal is. she certainly can't be the queen in disguise, the dark knight sure had no issues blowing the elevator up she was standing on. i heavily doubt she's involved in this scheme.

sure, we can only do guesswork and assume things, but this theorizing is fun!

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
While I do think the theories being talked about are certainly possible and on brand for the game I would probably wait on hedging my bets on that until we get to the Capital given we know monsters in the Capital are a bit less friendly and more dangerous from what we've heard. Obviously I don't expect the game to get super serious and edgy or anything but I wouldn't rule out the demon queen being a genuine problem entirely.

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes