Jan 21, 2022
Noooo they fixed nightmare mode staying on when when leaving and going to another location
Now I can't fight modded enemies in nightmare mode

Mar 22, 2023
Please respond
I think you misremembered the game.

Not every girl has victory rape.
Almost every girl in the game with the exception of the subs like Kyra(lizard girl in the forest) have defeat on loss scenes, but not every girl has victory rape.

A lot of them do have it tho. Some of the victory scenes you just have to end combat inside of a stance to get the final victory scene. For instance, the Manticore, if you end the battle in Sex stance, the MC will keep assaulting her even after he wins.
Aiko, if you end the battle in Anal stance, will continue assaulting her after he's won.

It depends on the girl. The MC won't just assault girls who don't seem like they'd be into it.

For instance, Alraune's victory rape scene starts with him being tempted by Alraune after she loses. Imp's victory rape scene starts with the Imp showing a desire for the MC to jump them.

Girls like Ancilla, Minotaur and the Tengu don't show a desire for it on loss.

____

That being said, I do think the victory rape stuff is a bit inconsistent. Like... the harpies clearly want the player to assault them, so it's very strange they don't have any.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Steps to reproduce: new game, character creation, go adventuring, choose forest. Tutorial follows, and after going through "you continue on your adventure" unskippable exception screen happens.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 417, in script call
    call combat from _call_combat_2
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combat.rpy", line 448, in script
    "[display!i]"
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
    return _get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _get_field
    raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable cmenu_tooltip does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 417, in script call
    call combat from _call_combat_2
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combat.rpy", line 448, in script
    "[display!i]"
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1006, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 681, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 481, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 683, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4052, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1027, in per_interact
    if self.is_selected():
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1015, in is_selected
    return is_selected(self.action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 447, in is_selected
    return action.get_selected()
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
    return _get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _get_field
    raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable cmenu_tooltip does not exist.

Windows-10-10.0.19043 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v25.9a
Wed Feb  7 22:08:33 2024
I'll look into it just to make sure but based on that crash log it sounds like your files are outdated somehow as that looks like it's caused by it trying to call outdated functions.
I'd recommend doing a fresh download and not messing with the files past that point.

Noooo they fixed nightmare mode staying on when when leaving and going to another location
Now I can't fight modded enemies in nightmare mode
Oh that is a good point.:unsure:
cause otherwise they would need to add them to the labyrinth or have a nightmare toggle for their location, which is a lot of extra hoops for modders.
though i also didnt even know this was a thing that could happen till recently given the fix. i shall think on it.

Please respond
there have been a few odditys with the system that have been fixed recently, [one for the next patch too for multicharacter variation things] so do make sure that youve got the most recent version.
and also yes not everyone has these kinds of scenes as someone else mentioned.

Is there a way to fight Nightmare enemies everywhere, ThresholdMGD?
If you want to turn on the old method you can go into adventuring.rpy and on line 55 is
$ nightmare = 0
just delete that and the bug will start working again

Exocrine

May 12, 2023
If you want to turn on the old method you can go into adventuring.rpy and on line 55 is
$ nightmare = 0
just delete that and the bug will start working again
Thanks for answering, but I didn't necessarily need that bug, you know? The reason I asked was because I was quoting the other guy, and it looked like a nice bug to have. I just thought that there would be an easier way to keep it in there. I'll just keep wandering around in the maze. Defenseless. XD

Last edited:

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v25.9b is now out for bug fixing and a smol Belle art tweak.

Thanks for asking, but I didn't necessarily need that bug, you know? The reason I asked was because I was quoting the other guy, and it looked like a nice bug to have. I just thought that there would be an easier way to keep it in there. I'll just keep wandering around in the maze. Defenseless. XD
I mean I'll likely consider adding an official version of it so it's a feature instead of a work around.

raeganomics

Mar 16, 2019
anybody know the problem?
I haven't really played with the mod manager so take this advice with a grain of salt, but the file path in the mod manager doesn't match the file path on your PC. I think adding an underscore to the folder name so it's called "_Oneiros" may fix the issue but, please, somebody else correct me if I'm wrong.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I haven't really played with the mod manager so take this advice with a grain of salt, but the file path in the mod manager doesn't match the file path on your PC. I think adding an underscore to the folder name so it's called "_Oneiros" may fix the issue but, please, somebody else correct me if I'm wrong.
Prepending an underscore to the name disables mods.

Reactions: raeganomics

raeganomics

Mar 16, 2019
Prepending an underscore to the name disables mods.
I knew that was the case prior to the built-in mod loader but wasn't sure if that had changed since. I just did some testing and noticed that deactivating the mod within the mod loader prepends an underscore and activating it removes it.

Lich_Knight123 I just downloaded the Oneiros mod and got the same message, but I activated it and the mod loads fine, I ran it with the debug log and didn't get any errors. I was able to get the dream sequences just fine. I don't think you'll have any issue playing it.

I did a quick scan through the MGD discord and somebody else reported that bug but I don't think a fix was ever issued.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
MonsterGirlDreams-25.9b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Exocrine
Jun 11, 2023
I knew that was the case prior to the built-in mod loader but wasn't sure if that had changed since. I just did some testing and noticed that deactivating the mod within the mod loader prepends an underscore and activating it removes it.

Lich_Knight123 I just downloaded the Oneiros mod and got the same message, but I activated it and the mod loads fine, I ran it with the debug log and didn't get any errors. I was able to get the dream sequences just fine. I don't think you'll have any issue playing it.

I did a quick scan through the MGD discord and somebody else reported that bug but I don't think a fix was ever issued.
So basically, it says that it isn't working, when it is?

hexkitty01

Jan 19, 2021
Your path looks weird, why do you have the game folder in there twice? Also it has an underscore in the first screenshot but not in the second.
I can answer the first question... seems like basically every game I download does this nested folder upon extraction. So long as anything you unpack / add / mod to a game goes into the innermost folder, there's no issues.

HunLepto

Aug 28, 2019
Is Holy Headpat a joke ability or am I doing something wrong? Thought I would do a run where I don't use any sexual skills for the lolz, because Lillian gave me the Holy Headpat ability, so I thought it can be used to win battles without the use of sexual skills. But when I encountered the first elf, it didn't work despite chugging away all my potions literally.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Is Holy Headpat a joke ability or am I doing something wrong? Thought I would do a run where I don't use any sexual skills for the lolz, because Lillian gave me the Holy Headpat ability, so I thought it can be used to win battles without the use of sexual skills. But when I encountered the first elf, it didn't work despite chugging away all my potions literally.
It's a joke ability. A few characters have special interactions with it, but using it in battle is never going to be a smart move.
Special interactions I know of:
- Feng (First fight) can be entirely skipped. Subsequent fights you can skip the first phase.
- Sofia instantly forces you to lose, pretty sure
- Venefica apparently has an interaction if you win by using it as the final hit against her "wild form" or whatever it's called but I'm not sure
- One of the hellhound chicks, the one that has a big hat, has an interaction with it that I don't remember

HunLepto

Aug 28, 2019
It's a joke ability. A few characters have special interactions with it, but using it in battle is never going to be a smart move.
Special interactions I know of:
- Feng (First fight) can be entirely skipped. Subsequent fights you can skip the first phase.
- Sofia instantly forces you to lose, pretty sure
- Venefica apparently has an interaction if you win by using it as the final hit against her "wild form" or whatever it's called but I'm not sure
- One of the hellhound chicks, the one that has a big hat, has an interaction with it that I don't remember
Got it, guess I'll play the normal way then. Thanks for telling these ones tho, I'll check them out.

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes