ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v18.2 is new out, bringing many tweaks things, and a resolution change. Also kunoichi trainee scenes.

A really fun game for what it is. Even text based, it's still enjoyable and I really like the vulnerability system.

I'm hitting a wall pretty early though. I find it tough to advance past the mountain trial. I'm not sure if it's due to poor character design and stat distribution, or if this is normal? Any advice on character builds, or what stats to focus on in order to make a more successful fighter?
Fetishes are now doing proper damage (less) so maybe that will help you.
Also the change to stance escaping may also help you.
And BigJohnny is right, running is always an option.

And the temple may still need still need some balancing.
Unless you meant the mountain in which case it probably could also use some balancing.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
v18.2 is new out, bringing many tweaks things, and a resolution change. Also kunoichi trainee scenes.

Fetishes are now doing proper damage (less) so maybe that will help you.
Also the change to stance escaping may also help you.
And BigJohnny is right, running is always an option.

And the temple may still need still need some balancing.
Unless you meant the mountain in which case it probably could also use some balancing.
I'm at the mountain trail, 3rd game area. I've figured out to use spells (magic) to support my attacks which helped. Damage dealing is a problem though, and the dungeon bosses were a huge struggle. Should I be specializing in one or two stats, or trying to stay somewhat balanced?

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
I'm at the mountain trail, 3rd game area. I've figured out to use spells (magic) to support my attacks which helped. Damage dealing is a problem though, and the dungeon bosses were a huge struggle. Should I be specializing in one or two stats, or trying to stay somewhat balanced?
With how the games progression works currently focusing one or two stats works better.
I do plan to change this, but that doesn't help you right now. xD

I'd reccomend not fighting the manticore or spider gal on your way up the mountain.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
With how the games progression works currently focusing one or two stats works better.
I do plan to change this, but that doesn't help you right now. XD

I'd reccomend not fighting the manticore or spider gal on your way up the mountain.
Alright, awesome. That's probably why I was struggling so much. I'll restart and try to distribute stats a bit more selectively. Thanks for your advice and keep up the good work!

RockSalt

Sep 10, 2017
My only comment on the current build is that Nicci is way to powerful. She is beating my level 26 character in fights, I'm using very strong magic, along with magic binding to hold her. She does nearly 200 arouse per hit, making me spam potions and other healing factors to just stay in the fight, She wears down my character to a such a point for her to be at level 10 is impossible, If she was level 20ish she'd be reasonable but as of now she's over the top. She used to be a push over in the older build too, so why shift her to such an extreme? I focused on Willpower to beef up my magic too, I mean I like tough enemies but, how is someone 16 levels below me dominating like this.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
My only comment on the current build is that Nicci is way to powerful. She is beating my level 26 character in fights, I'm using very strong magic, along with magic binding to hold her. She does nearly 200 arouse per hit, making me spam potions and other healing factors to just stay in the fight, She wears down my character to a such a point for her to be at level 10 is impossible, If she was level 20ish she'd be reasonable but as of now she's over the top. She used to be a push over in the older build too, so why shift her to such an extreme? I focused on Willpower to beef up my magic too, I mean I like tough enemies but, how is someone 16 levels below me dominating like this.
Well the level/power curve is supposed to be slow ish so should be a problem still.

But I'm not sure why she's hitting you THAT hard. Unless you have a level 10 fetish for something? But even then.
I haven't really tweaked her at all really, so i'm not sure where her power spike could have come from.

I'll definitely have to look into this though.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Nicci is super weak to magic binding/boob attacks.

RockSalt

Sep 10, 2017
Well the level/power curve is supposed to be slow ish so should be a problem still.

But I'm not sure why she's hitting you THAT hard. Unless you have a level 10 fetish for something? But even then.
I haven't really tweaked her at all really, so i'm not sure where her power spike could have come from.

I'll definitely have to look into this though.
I will try to revise my approach to taking her on also, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I used the analyze to see what she's weak and strong to, and thought I was good when I put more into those states to beef up against her, but that wasn't the case. She was a level 5 in an older patch and not 10 if I remember right I could be wrong, I remember beating her like she was nothing before. She is weak against magic and boob based attacks yes, but if she's hitting half my characters hp in one turn it doesn't matter. [Edit I just went to fight her again, her aphrodisiac is hitting almost 70-90 on my character per turn, which I'd try to counter before and would fail due to it always reoccurring after every turn, not to mention she can charm you, bind you along with the aphrodisiac at the same time. Meaning you have to break her bind, drink a potion, attack her, and magic bind her....in 4 turns to her 3 infliction based attack which she does in one.]

[Final Edit, I'm stacking 3 aphrodisiac runes on top of each other to counter. They didn't help, instead I just bought 20 potions of each type and 5 mini Elixer, I used all my Elixer's and almost all the potions to defeat her. I think she needs to be scaled down with the aphrodisiac effect, with that while being charmed, and her bind attacks it's too much, you has to use a potion to reset her aphrodisiac effect which is barely enough to keep you in the fight. If you speicalized in boob based attacks you could steam roll her down in a few turns yes, but if you don't focus boob or magic based attacks your SOL with her.]

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Is there no scene for more throat fucking kunoichi trainee?
there's currently a bug that makes it jump to the wrong scene instead of the continued throat fucking scene.

I will try to revise my approach to taking her on also, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I used the analyze to see what she's weak and strong to, and thought I was good when I put more into those states to beef up against her, but that wasn't the case. She was a level 5 in an older patch and not 10 if I remember right I could be wrong, I remember beating her like she was nothing before. She is weak against magic and boob based attacks yes, but if she's hitting half my characters hp in one turn it doesn't matter. [Edit I just went to fight her again, her aphrodisiac is hitting almost 70-90 on my character per turn, which I'd try to counter before and would fail due to it always reoccurring after every turn, not to mention she can charm you, bind you along with the aphrodisiac at the same time. Meaning you have to break her bind, drink a potion, attack her, and magic bind her....in 4 turns to her 3 infliction based attack which she does in one.]

[Final Edit, I'm stacking 3 aphrodisiac runes on top of each other to counter. They didn't help, instead I just bought 20 potions of each type and 5 mini Elixer, I used all my Elixer's and almost all the potions to defeat her. I think she needs to be scaled down with the aphrodisiac effect, with that while being charmed, and her bind attacks it's too much, you has to use a potion to reset her aphrodisiac effect which is barely enough to keep you in the fight. If you speicalized in boob based attacks you could steam roll her down in a few turns yes, but if you don't focus boob or magic based attacks your SOL with her.]
It's possible i miss typed an aphrodisiac number so it's stacking faster than it should.

actually another thing might be her combat event that ticks aphrodisiac might have made her op.

Her restraint might also be way stronger than it should be after I changed how restraints work/scale in the recent patch.

She probably needs to be rescaled to better fit where she's supposed to be on the power curve for the game.

Reactions: RockSalt

Ice-Person

May 6, 2017
So for some reason, when I get Feng to have her first orgasm the game declares it my victory.

edit: I tried it again and it actually worked properly this time.

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
Same thing happened when I was fighting the last boss of the blue door. I thought it was their ability so I paid more attention but no...

Unrealistic

Jun 27, 2018
For me Nicci was hard at first but then I realized the main problem was her constant aphrodisiac effect, which I learned to counter by using the Anaph Herb potion and I would also use magic bindings the turn after she escapes them. Once I would get low on energy I would just gun it on Breast Massaging since that is he weakness (for me atleast, check this with Analyze) and I would end up defeating her losing 3 spirits in the process. Then again it could also be the difficulty level you play on, I play on the Normal difficulty level. Now I’m level 25 and it’s basically a walk in the park, almost... I still need to break that damn aphrodisiac effect.

[Edit] Also,ThresholdMGD when is the Will-power dungeon suppose to be complete? Great job on the game so far, I usually don’t play these style of games, but I like this one.

Unrealistic

Jun 27, 2018
Does the difficulty setting affect only the stats you get at the beginning?
I’m not quite sure, but I’ve completed Kotone’s hypnotic training and I’m working on the hard mode to actually complete it which is to go through the game on hard mode to get a ‘reward and gift’ from her. I can tell you this much, I am not looking forward to it since it is going to take about 80 levels to actually complete anything.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v18.3 is now out with more bug fixes and some content for Minoni.
Edit: v18.4 is out for bug fixing!
Edit: v18.5 bug fix update, this should be the last one before v19.

Does the difficulty setting affect only the stats you get at the beginning?
Yes.

I’m not quite sure, but I’ve completed Kotone’s hypnotic training and I’m working on the hard mode to actually complete it which is to go through the game on hard mode to get a ‘reward and gift’ from her. I can tell you this much, I am not looking forward to it since it is going to take about 80 levels to actually complete anything.
That is not what Kotone meant. She means the dungeon itself not the game. You do not need to suffer so.

Reactions: Gabaw and tpo21

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
ok i have no idea why i don't get any notifications when this tread is updated, but at the very least i know what i'll be downloading and doing tonight lol

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes