Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Patrons just got access to the 0.2.0 update! Join today to get early access to the game! Your support is what keeps this project going!

0.2.0ReleasePoster.png

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
A few more hours(hopefully) until the 2.0 release! All aboard the hype train, we're taking off!

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
A few more hours(hopefully) until the 2.0 release! All aboard the hype train, we're taking off!
CHOO! CHOO! Okay, it's out of my system now. Back to reality.

We are a bit shy on events this round, but an event updates is coming out to the public on the 12th. Just keep your expectations under control. Release poster above lets you know what to expect.

Also, I'm dropping in the morning around 10 AM EDT. About 16 hours from posting this.
Dropped it early.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: James Eveleth

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Tiny_Devil Ooook, so I started a new game as advised and I believe I've encountered a bug/leftover from dev testing.

Talking to Kate after getting Nim as a companion for the first time won't remove the quest marker above her head. Even more, interacting with her again will start the quest dialogue of different NPCs, in order -> Farmer Breeds, the catgirl, construction girl, then Kate again and that transfers to a quest completion dialogue? where you take her to Breed's house. After that she disappears from your room in the house.

EDIT: Weird, I tried replicating the bug and had no luck. Just to walk you through what I did the first time: finished the dialogue with Kate, clicked on her bed and the few drawers in the room, talked to her about her missing shirt, walked downstairs, talked to Nim and finally went upstairs.

Last edited:

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Tiny_Devil Ooook, so I started a new game as advised and I believe I've encountered a bug/leftover from dev testing.

Talking to Kate after getting Nim as a companion for the first time won't remove the quest marker above her head. Even more, interacting with her again will start the quest dialogue of different NPCs, in order -> Farmer Breeds, the catgirl, construction girl, then Kate again and that transfers to a quest completion dialogue? where you take her to Breed's house. After that she disappears from your room in the house.
It's a bug that was supposed to have been solved but apparently not. I can't seem to reproduce it though. If your feeling helpful, could you try another new game and see if it happens again.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018

EDIT: Weird, I tried replicating the bug and had no luck. Just to walk you through what I did the first time: finished the dialogue with Kate, clicked on her bed and the few drawers in the room, talked to her about her missing shirt, walked downstairs, talked to Nim and finally went upstairs.
Did you click on her the first time? I think I may have found the problem if thats what you did.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Did you click on her the first time? I think I may have found the problem if thats what you did.
I started a new game a few times and couldn't replicate it. You're right I think I clicked on her the first time, though. I'll archive my new save and start a new game to test it out in a minute.

Also, I think that either Farmer Breeds did not give me cum jars when I spoke to him the first time or that they just disappeared. Unless they get automatically used when beating up a monster girl, in which case nevermind.

EDIT: You're right, clicking on her triggered the bug again. And I checked and Farmer Breeds does not give you any cum jars after talking to him.

Also, adding an option to quit to the main menu instead of quitting the game outright might be a good idea. It won't make much of a difference for regular play, but having to start the game over again a few times made me aware that it was missing as a feature.

Last edited:

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
I started a new game a few times and couldn't replicate it. You're right I think I clicked on her the first time, though. I'll archive my new save and start a new game to test it out in a minute.

Also, I think that either Farmer Breeds did not give me cum jars when I spoke to him the first time or that they just disappeared. Unless they get automatically used when beating up a monster girl, in which case nevermind.

EDIT: You're right, clicking on her triggered the bug again. I'll check out the Farmer Breeds thing now.
Farmer breeds thing was accidentally removed when I was cleaning up scripts, I already put it back in. Unless I'm blind and it was already in there. In any case give me 10 minutes and I will have new files uploaded.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Mega link is up

EDIT: You're right, clicking on her triggered the bug again. And I checked and Farmer Breeds does not give you any cum jars after talking to him.

Also, adding an option to quit to the main menu instead of quitting the game outright might be a good idea. It won't make much of a difference for regular play, but having to start the game over again a few times made me aware that it was missing as a feature.
Try mega link if you have a minute. It should hopefully solve the issue.

Edit : I took note the return to menu thing. Not a hard issue to solve.

Last edited:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Tiny_Devil I downloaded the fixed version and all of the previously discussed bugs are gone. After playing to the end of the current version I found some more minor issues:
-When talking to Farmer Breeds for the first time, at one point he says "haram"instead of "harem".
-When buying swimsuits, the one for Amanita says "Aminite".
-At the end of Kate's swimsuit event the name tag doesn't change for the last line, making it seem like Kate's the one telling the MC to stay.
-The first Dryad ripped clothes event does not show her sprite during the dialogue, only after you unlock her clothing.
-The creep that gives you photos of your sister is blocked off by a bush. At first I thought that this was intentional, meant to clear either after you finish the dryad quest or after you recruit a dryad to your party so that she can clear it, but then I found out that there is no way to remove it. That could be intentional, meant to be unlocked after a certain point in the story that we have not yet reached, it just seems weird since the slots in the picture gallery are still there.
-The Green Slime's eyes in her handjob event are just empty eye sockets(art is inconsistent when compared to her other events). That and her goofy grin give her a slightly unsettling look, as if brain dead. Her regular black eyes suit her much better.

Personal opinions, in no real order:
-The story is interesting so far, I'd really like to see where it goes from here!
-The different trees and shrubbery adds so much life and nuance to the world! Sometimes it's the little things that matter.
-The current rate of earning money feels alright - it's a bit too generous in the early game when all you can buy are bandages and jars of cum, but that balances out later on with the addition of the swimsuits and more expensive healing/capture items.
-Leveling past level 6/7 is a slog. Enemies of similar level give around 22-30 exp, but that's only if you fight them with the same monster. Which brings me to my second point:
-A 1v1 scenario vs an enemy of the same level(or 1 level higher) is very likely to result in the death of your monster, due to a number of reasons: enemy went first, enemy spammed attacks that raise lust, enemy dealt too much damage, enemy evaded too many attacks.
-The leveling problem could be circumvented by ganging up on a higher level monster and capturing it, but since this is a game where your relationship with your monsters matters, this does not seem like a sensible option.
-Giving some hints/general areas for the hidden clothing would be great. The map area has increased greatly and checking every empty house can be a chore. Either that, or make it so that you can't enter houses that contain nothing of interest/interactable.
-A way to make your monsters learn skills outside of leveling up would be interesting. Maybe they could teach each other certain skills? Either that, or giving each different monster girl the same set of moves(all cows gets Nibble, Lick wounds and Kick/Cats gets Lick wounds, scratch/Amanitas can get Lap Dance and Nibble/ and so on...) that can then be either upgraded(as in the case of Nibble turning into Gnaw - a really nice touch!) or obtain new skills(Spray for the cat, for example) upon leveling up.
-Each monster could have a niche they fill - the cow can be a tank/healer, the slime can be a mix, getting attacks that both deal damage and add lust to the opponent, the dryad can be a pure damage dealer(mine got the skills Tumble and Scuffle and I love it! She feels squishy as hell, but can take away half the Hp bar of an enemy with one attack).
-A way to view the whole event/animation again in the picture gallery would be nice.

Some of those are just nitpicks and some are scope creep suggestions, so feel free to ignore my ramblings. Your game is fun, I really enjoyed this update and am interested in what you will bring next. Best of luck with development!

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Tiny_Devil I downloaded the fixed version and all of the previously discussed bugs are gone. After playing to the end of the current version I found some more minor issues:
-When talking to Farmer Breeds for the first time, at one point he says "haram"instead of "harem".
-When buying swimsuits, the one for Amanita says "Aminite".
-At the end of Kate's swimsuit event the name tag doesn't change for the last line, making it seem like Kate's the one telling the MC to stay.
-The first Dryad ripped clothes event does not show her sprite during the dialogue, only after you unlock her clothing.
-The creep that gives you photos of your sister is blocked off by a bush. At first I thought that this was intentional, meant to clear either after you finish the dryad quest or after you recruit a dryad to your party so that she can clear it, but then I found out that there is no way to remove it. That could be intentional, meant to be unlocked after a certain point in the story that we have not yet reached, it just seems weird since the slots in the picture gallery are still there.
-The Green Slime's eyes in her handjob event are just empty eye sockets(art is inconsistent when compared to her other events). That and her goofy grin give her a slightly unsettling look, as if brain dead. Her regular black eyes suit her much better.

Personal opinions, in no real order:
-The story is interesting so far, I'd really like to see where it goes from here!
-The different trees and shrubbery adds so much life and nuance to the world! Sometimes it's the little things that matter.
-The current rate of earning money feels alright - it's a bit too generous in the early game when all you can buy are bandages and jars of cum, but that balances out later on with the addition of the swimsuits and more expensive healing/capture items.
-Leveling past level 6/7 is a slog. Enemies of similar level give around 22-30 exp, but that's only if you fight them with the same monster. Which brings me to my second point:
-A 1v1 scenario vs an enemy of the same level(or 1 level higher) is very likely to result in the death of your monster, due to a number of reasons: enemy went first, enemy spammed attacks that raise lust, enemy dealt too much damage, enemy evaded too many attacks.
-The leveling problem could be circumvented by ganging up on a higher level monster and capturing it, but since this is a game where your relationship with your monsters matters, this does not seem like a sensible option.
-Giving some hints/general areas for the hidden clothing would be great. The map area has increased greatly and checking every empty house can be a chore. Either that, or make it so that you can't enter houses that contain nothing of interest/interactable.
-A way to make your monsters learn skills outside of leveling up would be interesting. Maybe they could teach each other certain skills? Either that, or giving each different monster girl the same set of moves(all cows gets Nibble, Lick wounds and Kick/Cats gets Lick wounds, scratch/Amanitas can get Lap Dance and Nibble/ and so on...) that can then be either upgraded(as in the case of Nibble turning into Gnaw - a really nice touch!) or obtain new skills(Spray for the cat, for example) upon leveling up.
-Each monster could have a niche they fill - the cow can be a tank/healer, the slime can be a mix, getting attacks that both deal damage and add lust to the opponent, the dryad can be a pure damage dealer(mine got the skills Tumble and Scuffle and I love it! She feels squishy as hell, but can take away half the Hp bar of an enemy with one attack).
-A way to view the whole event/animation again in the picture gallery would be nice.

Some of those are just nitpicks and some are scope creep suggestions, so feel free to ignore my ramblings. Your game is fun, I really enjoyed this update and am interested in what you will bring next. Best of luck with development!
Issues mentioned at the beginning of your post have been fixed and will be available in the next build.
As for the leveling. It actually sounds like my math may be off. I will see whats happening there.
Monster Niche - That's something akin to what the plan is. The current problem though is that there's too few monsters to do it properly.

Antoris

Feb 25, 2019
New Update looks nice, i like the start tutorial which shows all the new buttons and how to interact. A thing i find funny is that you can fight with NPCs even before Nim is officialy your first Monster-Girl, heck even before getting the combat Tutorial. I like the Stamina system a lot, added some much needed depth to the combat. Another funny thing is that NPCs who talk to you sometimes still keep walking around in the room they are (Not sure if a bug or intended, if a Bug, it happened to me with the adopted cat Girl from Breeds), the increase of the catching rate was a very good change, its now way less tedious trying to catch them, i also like that you can meet multiple monster girls in one wild encounter, Im glad that the story went a bit more into the relationship between Monster Girls and Humans and confirms that its not just slavery you do with the girls but a bit more nuanced.
Imo the grind is on the right track, money isnt that hard to get but you arent swimming in it super fast, especially with that many money sinks on the beach, lvling takes a bit but it isnt tedious yet.
I love that the currency is called Moolah, is that just a general joke or a direct reference to Oddworld: Strangers Wrath?

Obligatory Typo Correction: In the Tutorial for the Escape Menu it says: Monsters - "Iteract" with "you" Party, instead of Monsters - Interact with your Party. Talking to the Yoga Snob in your Village when talking about Kegals, her last dialog says: Bet i could snap yours in half if tried, mssing the "I" bewteen if and tried. In the House on the right to your House, the Note says: "your" 35 now. you have to get a job soon... , instead of "you're" 35 now. In the House with the Businesswomen when you interact with the TV in her bedroom you say: How long has been since she slept? missing an "it" between has and been. On the Barn in your village Cow 717 says "The" Rebuilt the Barn... , instead of They. Cow 717 later also says ... a handsome farmhand squeezing your tits till "your" utterly drained, instead of "you're" utterly drained. In the Battle Tutorial it says: A Monster "Connot" be revived... instead of "cannot". In the Item tab the Well worn Undergarments say: Accepted as trade in by most "venders", instead of Vendors. When talking to Farmer breeds the first time he says: ya want to catch monsters, maybe build a "haram", instead of harem. When talking to Ms. Breeds you ask her: did you "like" it at all, instead of "liked" (you clearly talk about the past here when she still worked and not about now, so im not sure if like still works). When bringing kate to breeds he says: ... was about while me kate get down to business, lacking the "and" between me and Kate. In the red house on the left in the southern Town (Plentywoods) when talking to the dog girl you say: "did" you want me to take you for a walk?, instead of "do" you want me to take you for a walk. When talking to the Milf who gives you to the quest to go to the mustache man a second time she says: "It's" "get" so lonely "her" by myself., instead of: it gets so lonely here by myself. When talking to the moustache Man for the Quest you say: I was told by busty looking milf to mention her, missing the "a" between by and busty.
When entering the Kenanel for the first time your Character comments: Imagine the force it would have taken to rip that "steal" apart, instead of "steel". When talking to the dryad for the first time you say: It has to be black market, missing an "a" between be and black. When the Dryad talks to Breeds she says: You can thank "you" Human friend for that, instead of "your".
When encountering your Sister on the beach you say to her: We dont have much "for" Moolah right now, instead of just saying we dont have much moolah right now. The last sentence in that conversation is clearly said by the Player but the header says that Kate says it. In the partly torn clothes event for the Slime Girl you say: "Did" you want me to get you some more..., instead of "Do" you want me to get you some more. In the second to last Event for the Slime Girl she says at the start: Wait, i have to use the Ladies Room, I have Pee, missing a "to" between have and Pee. In the same event when she is angry at you for peeping she says: AND i Fell in Pee, missing a "my" between in and Pee (Maybe both cases are a way of her speaking tho? Not sure it just sounds wrong to me). In the last sentence of that event its clear that the Player speaks but it says Green slime instead. In Certain dialogs, for example the last Nim event and the second to last Slime Girl Event, instead of Saying the name of the Monster Girl you just say Monster, for example in the second to last event when you realize you could peep on the Slime Girl and tell Nim to stay here.

Bugs:
The Creep that showed you the pictures of your sister can't be reached, there is a bush blocking the path towards him.
When buying items from Breeds Butler you have 2x the Option to buy cloth bandages, even tho it doesnt seem to have a limit how many you can buy from one option.
My amanita learned gnaw, a better version of nibble while already having an attack called Gnaw meaning i have 2 attack options both labeled Gnaw.
Even after catching a Dryad and unlocking its information in the Monster Archive she is still tagged as ??? with a black Picture.
When you switch out a Monster Girl for another and than the first Monster Girl levels up at the end of the fight, it full Heals the second Monster Girl sometimes too.
If multiple events happen cause of multiple Girls lvling their Love after the same fight, it bugs out after the first event and you can walk freely while the second event is in front of the screen.
You can always interact with a Barn to heal your Monster Girls regardless of the distance towards the NPC.

Some Ideas/Contructive Criticism:
I would like to have a button that highlights everything that can be interacted with, i played the versions most of the time just hovering over everything looking for anything that can be interacted with.
The Ability to quantify the amount of things you want to buy is probably on the roadmap but i still want to point out that it would be a good idea to have.
That using an item does not count towards the 2 Stun rounds for Arousal is kinda weird, maybe thats intentional so you cant just time the fight in a way that you use heal items while being aroused but i still think its kinda strange.
The balancing right now is a bit out of whack, especially the Dryad is way too strong for her Level, she can pretty much defeat every opponent with 2-3 hits, even ones that are higher than her, while others are really weak, like the Amanita and the slime .
It would be nice if you could use multiple healing items out of combat at once, or at least that the window doesnt close every time and you have to repick the healing item and click use.
I would put the Fast Travel Point for 3 way Junction a bit different because now you fast travel there with a loading screen to the right side of the building, to then enter the building for a loading screen, and then leave it to the other side for a third loading screen, i would put the travel point into the building itself.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
New Update looks nice, i like the start tutorial which shows all the new buttons and how to interact. A thing i find funny is that you can fight with NPCs even before Nim is officialy your first Monster-Girl, heck even before getting the combat Tutorial. I like the Stamina system a lot, added some much needed depth to the combat. Another funny thing is that NPCs who talk to you sometimes still keep walking around in the room they are (Not sure if a bug or intended, if a Bug, it happened to me with the adopted cat Girl from Breeds), the increase of the catching rate was a very good change, its now way less tedious trying to catch them, i also like that you can meet multiple monster girls in one wild encounter, Im glad that the story went a bit more into the relationship between Monster Girls and Humans and confirms that its not just slavery you do with the girls but a bit more nuanced.
Imo the grind is on the right track, money isnt that hard to get but you arent swimming in it super fast, especially with that many money sinks on the beach, lvling takes a bit but it isnt tedious yet.
I love that the currency is called Moolah, is that just a general joke or a direct reference to Oddworld: Strangers Wrath?

Obligatory Typo Correction: In the Tutorial for the Escape Menu it says: Monsters - "Iteract" with "you" Party, instead of Monsters - Interact with your Party. Talking to the Yoga Snob in your Village when talking about Kegals, her last dialog says: Bet i could snap yours in half if tried, mssing the "I" bewteen if and tried. In the House on the right to your House, the Note says: "your" 35 now. you have to get a job soon... , instead of "you're" 35 now. In the House with the Businesswomen when you interact with the TV in her bedroom you say: How long has been since she slept? missing an "it" between has and been. On the Barn in your village Cow 717 says "The" Rebuilt the Barn... , instead of They. Cow 717 later also says ... a handsome farmhand squeezing your tits till "your" utterly drained, instead of "you're" utterly drained. In the Battle Tutorial it says: A Monster "Connot" be revived... instead of "cannot". In the Item tab the Well worn Undergarments say: Accepted as trade in by most "venders", instead of Vendors. When talking to Farmer breeds the first time he says: ya want to catch monsters, maybe build a "haram", instead of harem. When talking to Ms. Breeds you ask her: did you "like" it at all, instead of "liked" (you clearly talk about the past here when she still worked and not about now, so im not sure if like still works). When bringing kate to breeds he says: ... was about while me kate get down to business, lacking the "and" between me and Kate. In the red house on the left in the southern Town (Plentywoods) when talking to the dog girl you say: "did" you want me to take you for a walk?, instead of "do" you want me to take you for a walk. When talking to the Milf who gives you to the quest to go to the mustache man a second time she says: "It's" "get" so lonely "her" by myself., instead of: it gets so lonely here by myself. When talking to the moustache Man for the Quest you say: I was told by busty looking milf to mention her, missing the "a" between by and busty.
When entering the Kenanel for the first time your Character comments: Imagine the force it would have taken to rip that "steal" apart, instead of "steel". When talking to the dryad for the first time you say: It has to be black market, missing an "a" between be and black. When the Dryad talks to Breeds she says: You can thank "you" Human friend for that, instead of "your".
When encountering your Sister on the beach you say to her: We dont have much "for" Moolah right now, instead of just saying we dont have much moolah right now. The last sentence in that conversation is clearly said by the Player but the header says that Kate says it. In the partly torn clothes event for the Slime Girl you say: "Did" you want me to get you some more..., instead of "Do" you want me to get you some more. In the second to last Event for the Slime Girl she says at the start: Wait, i have to use the Ladies Room, I have Pee, missing a "to" between have and Pee. In the same event when she is angry at you for peeping she says: AND i Fell in Pee, missing a "my" between in and Pee (Maybe both cases are a way of her speaking tho? Not sure it just sounds wrong to me). In the last sentence of that event its clear that the Player speaks but it says Green slime instead. In Certain dialogs, for example the last Nim event and the second to last Slime Girl Event, instead of Saying the name of the Monster Girl you just say Monster, for example in the second to last event when you realize you could peep on the Slime Girl and tell Nim to stay here.

Bugs:
The Creep that showed you the pictures of your sister can't be reached, there is a bush blocking the path towards him.
When buying items from Breeds Butler you have 2x the Option to buy cloth bandages, even tho it doesnt seem to have a limit how many you can buy from one option.
My amanita learned gnaw, a better version of nibble while already having an attack called Gnaw meaning i have 2 attack options both labeled Gnaw.
Even after catching a Dryad and unlocking its information in the Monster Archive she is still tagged as ??? with a black Picture.
When you switch out a Monster Girl for another and than the first Monster Girl levels up at the end of the fight, it full Heals the second Monster Girl sometimes too.
If multiple events happen cause of multiple Girls lvling their Love after the same fight, it bugs out after the first event and you can walk freely while the second event is in front of the screen.
You can always interact with a Barn to heal your Monster Girls regardless of the distance towards the NPC.

Some Ideas/Contructive Criticism:
I would like to have a button that highlights everything that can be interacted with, i played the versions most of the time just hovering over everything looking for anything that can be interacted with.
The Ability to quantify the amount of things you want to buy is probably on the roadmap but i still want to point out that it would be a good idea to have.
That using an item does not count towards the 2 Stun rounds for Arousal is kinda weird, maybe thats intentional so you cant just time the fight in a way that you use heal items while being aroused but i still think its kinda strange.
The balancing right now is a bit out of whack, especially the Dryad is way too strong for her Level, she can pretty much defeat every opponent with 2-3 hits, even ones that are higher than her, while others are really weak, like the Amanita and the slime .
It would be nice if you could use multiple healing items out of combat at once, or at least that the window doesnt close every time and you have to repick the healing item and click use.
I would put the Fast Travel Point for 3 way Junction a bit different because now you fast travel there with a loading screen to the right side of the building, to then enter the building for a loading screen, and then leave it to the other side for a third loading screen, i would put the travel point into the building itself.
Bugs and suggestions noted
Doesn't seem to be anything game breaking at least. Just some oddities. I should be able to get them all addressed by 0.2.05 in two weeks.
Side note on 3 Way Junction, it gave me weird issues when fast traveling to a point that was indoors. I am going to be fixing it eventually though.

Last edited:

Samǣl

Jun 7, 2018
I've come across three oddities and or errors in this new update:

Whenever you get a scene, the music starts building even when I have it off
entirely. Also happens on any loading.

When the Dryad first loses her piece of clothing, her image doesn't pop up.
Instead it's my guys silhouette.

Lastly I spent a while grinding to get enough for that yellow bikini thing
in the second town, ya know at Biggys, and yet deploying it does nothing.
The stray cat image that says find or purchase doesn't alter. Now either
I am completely missing something or it just wastes 250 of my money I
spend ages gaining :ROFL:

Aside from that, I wanna continue this story because it looks even more
intriguing each update. The story could finally keep me occupied between
other game updates and that's not easy for me to do. Bravo

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Bugs and suggestions noted
Doesn't seem to be anything game breaking at least. Just some oddities. I should be able to get them all addressed by 0.2.05 in two weeks.
Help?
That's what I see when I press continue.
View attachment 674503
This is happened to a few people in the patreon as well. Basically, your save file is refusing to update. If you want you send me the player.log file and I can take a look to see if its throwing errors.

If you wanted to do that you will need to start up the game and hit continue. When you get to this point again you can go ahead and close out. Head to C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\LocalLow\Tiny Devil Studio\Monster Girl Hunt and grab the player.log file and save.dat file and email it to me at tinydevilstudio@gmail.com

3.80 star(s) 25 Votes