Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
It's like a catch rate 20% rate. Unless your astronomically unlucky, you should be able to catch get her. The catch code works the same for all monsters. As long as your seeing the message "MonsterNameHere got away! You just couldn't cum fast enough.", you should be able to catch her.

I will make a note of this though.

heavy1handed

Feb 15, 2018
So I just caught one. I do think something isn't right with the 20% though. I wasn't counting all the way but I'm pretty sure I encountered like 15ish before I got one. Maybe I am unlucky. Fun game though.

nkogkneetow

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah the catch rates don't seem super great. It took forever to catch one monster girl and by then I didn't really want to grind through the same combat to unlock events or catch another one.

Also, it'd be nice if you could move with the mouse too. Switching back and forth between keyboard and mouse when you're playing one handed gets annoying.

Reactions: grgrgr5

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
I'll cap the number at 4 failed attempts in per monster. Keep in mind, once the town is in you will have capture items you can get from the shop, so the problem will go away all together eventually.

The move with the mouse thing would require me to build out nav meshes and write a bunch of pathfinding code. Unless you have a simpler solution it would be much kl
Yeah the catch rates don't seem super great. It took forever to catch one monster girl and by then I didn't really want to grind through the same combat to unlock events or catch another one.

Also, it'd be nice if you could move with the mouse too. Switching back and forth between keyboard and mouse when you're playing one handed gets annoying.
I can only assume your just getting extremely unlucky. I might cap the failed attempts for the next update. Keep in mind, once the town is in you will have capture items you can get from the shop, so the problem will go away all together eventually.

The move with the mouse thing would require me to build out navigation meshes and write a bunch of path finding code. Unless you have a simpler solution it would be much later, if at all.

Antoris

Feb 25, 2019
I really liked the small tutorial showing how to navigate interactions, as well as now being able to hover over stuff to see what i can interact with. Maybe tho it would be interesting if there was a button like in Point and Click adventures which highlights everything you can interact with, so you dont have to hover over everything that is on the screen to see what you can interact with.
I dont know if its planned but it would be cool to do a quest to earn your licence for handling monster girls, and not just getting one thrown at you from Breeds, maybe showing him that you can handle monster girls and will treat them well. What i also really liked was the tongue in cheek humor, especially in the TV but also talking to the NPCs.
I also observed some weird catching grinding, in this build and the last, took me a lot of fights to get an amanita, maybe im just very unlucky but it is a bit of a grind, maybe once items are implemented there will be an item increasing the catch rate so it can decrease the grind.

I found some more Typos: When interacting with the TV at the start of the game the screen says "hand crafted" instead of handcrafted, in one of the middle right houses with the blonde women she says real time "funtionality" instead of functionality, the same women also says "comunications" instead of communications, in the middle house with the brown women she says "neighbors", instead of neighbours (not sure if a typo or a reference to the movie tho), the brownhaired women in the pink shirt that walks around in the village says "bodywieght" instead of bodyweight, cow 98 in the forest at the house for sale says "hiding out this empty house" lacking an in between out and this, the Butler for Breeds says "down stairs" instead of downstairs, the adopted cat girl of breeds says "ferel" and not feral, the adopted dog girl says "monster" instead of monsters, while clearling talking about the whole race of monsters, there is still missing a empty space between the monster girl (like cow girl, slime or armanite) and got away, it now says slimegot, amanitagot so on, when talking to the slime when she talks about not liking to go into towns she says "always like stare at me", there is a "to" missing between like and stare (except its meant to be slang/ casual talk then ofc its ok), in combat while landing a critical hit instead of saying critical hit it says "critacal" hit, the creep says "neighborly" instead of neighbourly, when talking to the slime girl when she talks about fighting for a human, she says for "i didn't thinkfighting a human would be like this fun", the sentence makes more sense as i didnt thought fighting for a human would be fun like this.

Some bugs i found: In the middle right house with the blonde women, in the second room, i somehow managed to click on her TV while my character left the room making the dialog for the TV appear in the first room. Furthermore i dont know if intented but the name of the Cowgirl(Nim) is shown in the fight even before we learn her name in the Story. When talking to the adopted cat girl when doing the quest to talk to Breeds children, i got her normal dailogue then interacted with the shelves which then prompted the quest dialogue to trigger halfway through my thoughts about the vibrator.

I havent leveled all monster girls yet so i will give more feedback once im finished with all of them but thats my thoughts for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: James Eveleth

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Okay so I am seeing a lot of, "Can't catch this monster". Give me half an hour and I will release an update to mitigate this issue. I'll put a max fails per session flag in so that you can only fail at capture 4 times in a row on any monster.

As a note though, the code just picks a random number between 1 and 100. If that number is greater than 80 or greater you just caught the monster. Some people have just been unlucky as hell.

Reactions: Antoris

Samǣl

Jun 7, 2018
If the creator is here, error to report: Options doesn't change the screen or window
size any longer.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
As for any other issues, I see you, and I'm taking note. Expect 0.1.2c release in a day or two.

Keep me updated so I can get as many knocked out as possible in this next update.

Antoris

Feb 25, 2019
Another bug i found is for the 4. Event with the slime. Instead of my name it just says Player.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
Another bug i found is for the 4. Event with the slime. Instead of my name it just says Player.
Just fixed it, but which event was it I want to make sure.

My code detects "Player" and "Monster" and replaces with appropriate names. Looks like P in Player isn't larger then the rest, so its not actually capitalized.

Antoris

Feb 25, 2019
Just fixed it, but which event was it I want to make sure.

My code detects player and monster and replaces with appropriate names. Looks like P in Player isn't larger then the rest, so its not actually capitalized
The event with the stick stuck inside the Slimegirl.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
I really liked the small tutorial showing how to navigate interactions, as well as now being able to hover over stuff to see what i can interact with. Maybe tho it would be interesting if there was a button like in Point and Click adventures which highlights everything you can interact with, so you dont have to hover over everything that is on the screen to see what you can interact with.
I dont know if its planned but it would be cool to do a quest to earn your licence for handling monster girls, and not just getting one thrown at you from Breeds, maybe showing him that you can handle monster girls and will treat them well. What i also really liked was the tongue in cheek humor, especially in the TV but also talking to the NPCs.
I also observed some weird catching grinding, in this build and the last, took me a lot of fights to get an amanita, maybe im just very unlucky but it is a bit of a grind, maybe once items are implemented there will be an item increasing the catch rate so it can decrease the grind.

I found some more Typos: When interacting with the TV at the start of the game the screen says "hand crafted" instead of handcrafted, in one of the middle right houses with the blonde women she says real time "funtionality" instead of functionality, the same women also says "comunications" instead of communications, in the middle house with the brown women she says "neighbors", instead of neighbours (not sure if a typo or a reference to the movie tho), the brownhaired women in the pink shirt that walks around in the village says "bodywieght" instead of bodyweight, cow 98 in the forest at the house for sale says "hiding out this empty house" lacking an in between out and this, the Butler for Breeds says "down stairs" instead of downstairs, the adopted cat girl of breeds says "ferel" and not feral, the adopted dog girl says "monster" instead of monsters, while clearling talking about the whole race of monsters, there is still missing a empty space between the monster girl (like cow girl, slime or armanite) and got away, it now says slimegot, amanitagot so on, when talking to the slime when she talks about not liking to go into towns she says "always like stare at me", there is a "to" missing between like and stare (except its meant to be slang/ casual talk then ofc its ok), in combat while landing a critical hit instead of saying critical hit it says "critacal" hit, the creep says "neighborly" instead of neighbourly, when talking to the slime girl when she talks about fighting for a human, she says for "i didn't thinkfighting a human would be like this fun", the sentence makes more sense as i didnt thought fighting for a human would be fun like this.

Some bugs i found: In the middle right house with the blonde women, in the second room, i somehow managed to click on her TV while my character left the room making the dialog for the TV appear in the first room. Furthermore i dont know if intented but the name of the Cowgirl(Nim) is shown in the fight even before we learn her name in the Story. When talking to the adopted cat girl when doing the quest to talk to Breeds children, i got her normal dailogue then interacted with the shelves which then prompted the quest dialogue to trigger halfway through my thoughts about the vibrator.

I havent leveled all monster girls yet so i will give more feedback once im finished with all of them but thats my thoughts for now.
That is the correct spelling of neighbors for the US, at least, there might be more for all I know. I assume its a difference like color and colour. Both are correct depending on where you live. Otherwise, thanks for the notes. They should all be easy fixes ready for 0.1.2c

Antoris

Feb 25, 2019
That is the correct spelling of neighbors for the US, at least, there might be more for all I know. I assume its a difference like color and colour. Both are correct depending on where you live. Otherwise, thanks for the notes. They should all be easy fixes ready for 0.1.2c
I didnt knew that, i googled both things to see the right spelling and all i got for neighbor was the movie which sounded to me like an intentional mistake for the title, then im sorry.

Tiny_Devil

Smutsmith
Game Developer
Jan 26, 2018
I didnt knew that, i googled both things to see the right spelling and all i got for neighbor was the movie which sounded to me like an intentional mistake for the title, then im sorry.
No worries, I figured it was probably a regional difference in spelling.
Also, wow, you catch this stuff like no one else. If I had to take a wild guess, I would assume your an editor or a grammar Nazi. Either way I get help spell checking so you won't hear any complaints out of me.

Antoris

Feb 25, 2019
No worries, I figured it was probably a regional difference in spelling.
Also, wow, you catch this stuff like no one else. If I had to take a wild guess, I would assume your an editor or a grammar Nazi. Either way I get help spell checking so you won't hear any complaints out of me.
Well i am german so you got it half right :Kappa:. Its more having a trained eye for it from writing scientific papers. I btw found another one: When 2 monstergirls level up at the same time there is no space between level and the name of the other monster girl in the sentence.

3.80 star(s) 25 Votes