• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

serico7

Feb 27, 2019
Let it be known that when Red was showing the money on Patreon, he had never put a goal over $4000 a month, and that goal was either for hiring va's or getting an animated op, idr. He got just as much complaints about how much money he got before and after he hid that. He's straight up said on several occasions to only pledge when there's a build that you want. Most of the regulars aren't patrons because they took Red's advice. Donating to something doesn't make someone a stakeholder. Dropping a ton of money doesn't obligate someone to change the nature of their project.

Cakei

Aug 30, 2017
What a memories, i remember the first build of the game and the potential it has.. Years later and is not finish... what a shame, worst thing is, i really like the history until now, ending chapter 4 and i want more, left me with such cliffhanger...
Sight i just hope the game finish someday, not gonna support, i already supporting Kenko_Cross with MGE RPG that al least i know is gonna complete...
Hope the best for this game.

rodrigoalmeida

Mar 7, 2020
this could have been the best 3d lewd monster girls game that could have existed, but it hurts everything goes to shit with that red dev who spends the money on trash like lol and genshin even though patreons who keep helping him in that scam

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
this could have been the best 3d lewd monster girls game that could have existed, but it hurts everything goes to shit with that red dev who spends the money on trash like lol and genshin even though patreons who keep helping him in that scam
Man why you gotta trash on just those two games without bringing up the other actually scummy shit red has done :(
In all seriousness though red flags for MGI was popping out left & right LONG before Genshin was even a thing.

fabletale

Feb 26, 2021
WOW.. So Manny butt hurt Kids being mad for not getting attention and having nothing better to do than complainin about a person that does his own thing . i bet you guys lurk in discord all day just to find something to complain about , how amusing .
That man can do with his money whatever he want's . who the f cares . go complain about EA or some other big company stealing peoples money for many many years and not one single person doing his own thing .but if you do please come to the discord so people can make more fun of you people who steal/Bootleg stuff or "DEV'S" with YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN USING ASSETS and not making their own stuff from scratch like red does or other people that are actuall devs do .Lmao

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
WOW.. So Manny butt hurt Kids being mad for not getting attention and having nothing better to do than complainin about a person that does his own thing . i bet you guys lurk in discord all day just to find something to complain about , how amusing .
That man can do with his money whatever he want's . who the f cares . go complain about EA or some other big company stealing peoples money for many many years and not one single person doing his own thing .but if you do please come to the discord so people can make more fun of you people who steal/Bootleg stuff or "DEV'S" with YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN USING ASSETS and not making their own stuff from scratch like red does or other people that are actuall devs do .Lmao
Another pepega from his discord. But now that you mention it this dude is about as bad as EA. I mean at least EA releases a game in the end though.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Registered 4 whole days ago to make this one post. (slow clap)

If we're "butthurt kids that steal stuff", why even take the time to come here and post on this thread?

Are people supposed to say: "oh no, some unknown guy came in here and set us straight, let's all go apologize to Redamz, and throw money at him, and maybe, just maybe we'll be lucky enough to be forgiven."

Sure guy.

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
So may someone responsible say if this game will be finished or at least updated content to it?
I looked forward for new content almost every day last year. Still nothing new. So sad...

jokuur

May 23, 2019
In all fairness, the steam release caused a massive influx of people first hearing about this game (me included).

So you have a lot of people that don't know the dev's history and see a very ambitious 3d game, of course they're gonna leave a good review
whats dev history? u picked my interest

jtm999

Dec 29, 2018
To put it shortly, at the beginning of the project Redamz seemed very excited about it, made a lot of stuff and updates (a lot of different sex scenes, some even not with story elements so you can just see and enjoy and probably would later be added, like Kitsune's ffm three-way scene or event-themed like Halloween build where you also had three-way with Faranne and Ara), what already back then gave him lots of money from Patreons. But with time, the updates got slower, he hid his Patreon income, and updates were published again much slower compared to earlier. So to say the cherry on top was last year, when he didn't delivered promised build in September, but few weeks after it and without two sex scenes he promised, only a small video preview of one of them with Veera (for which many people waited, they wanted that snake booty). And after this "sober" people noticed how much he plays games thanks to Discord, where he seemingly also published how hard he tries to get all the new waifus in Genshin (read->spend Patreon money on gacha rolls) and also stopped billing for some time, "to get a break", for many it looks more like he already had a break. And so we come to this moment, when we still don't know if he will return to this or he accumulated so much money (I don't know from which country he is, which can have impact on this) that he will dump it at some point and this billing stop is a smokescreen to avoid some drama.
I can't say how it was from community side (like Discord), but from what I've read he has those "simps", who kinda worship him and see all he says as true and attack everyone who criticize him, even if it is constructive critic, you probably just saw here an example.
Still, the game looks great, history is interesting (not for everyone, but it looked for me like he wants to make an universe where he could later put more games, in some post I mentioned for example a game about Ara's uncle, he probably got some monster booty too) and I really wish it will be completed, the thing lot of people don't know if it will be done since that break stuff, or it will take forever and HL3 will be first. Well, I wait for both.

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
Dev's history has been going on with the very first version of this game to the point that it's impossible to fairly talk about the game without bringing Redamz up.

tl;dr - Game got popular, had a good chunk of stuff in the beginning, people started spending loads of money and dev got super lazy and did extremely scummy things including - deleting reviews, ignoring criticism and feedback, spending patreon money for his own entertainment and going on multiple 'breaks' while completely ignoring his self-imposed deadlines. Also the people who do support him tend to either have no idea what's going on and/or blindly defend his ass anyway.

When the game was first released, MGI got one public release demo with an earlier version of the purple slime scene that is present in the Steam release. Along with that were other 'demos' or showcases with different characters to varying quality (First shark girl scene that is identical to what it is today, an identical spider girl scene and two very, very scuffed cat girl and fox twins builds). MGI was even planned to have VR support. Hell he even made bonus builds specifically to divert from the game (Halloween builds in particular and more standalone ones that are now implemented in thread's version)

As the project got more traction and money started flowing in however, the progress of the game began to slow down. Release dates weren't being met, new stuff added little to no meaningful contribution to the game and other promised features (such as being able to properly customize MC) were (and in other cases, have) yet to be added. Mind you the release dates between builds would take at LEAST several months on end with very little additions as previously mentioned.
All the while Redamz was making it look like he really was working hard when, really, he was just taking multiple unmentioned breaks and just procrastinating, occasionally releasing individual scenes or two albeit very slowly. Trying to provide criticism and attention to Redamz' behavior or the game's progress (especially on Steam) would get it deleted (my thread got hit also) while he keeps insisting on working alone, most likely to hog all the money for himself.

Then 'recently' (before the thread got the [Onhold] Tag), people found out on Discord that the guy couldn't even be bothered to add content meant to be in the specific build (Veera scene, which is practically done, isn't even in the current version!) and was very busy spending money earned from patreon on stuff like Genshin. Then few months ago he declared that he needed a 'break' (despite going on multiple breaks) and that he'll 'probably' make a few posts (which so far he hasn't). This is the first break that got this thread the [Onhold] tag, and it wouldn't be surprising if this turned into an abandoned project with how much money the guy was making. All this happened over the course of several years, at least since the date of the OP in this thread. And all those (few builds) happened over the course of those same years too. Nowadays even his supporters turn on him while majority of the people have no idea what's going on and blindly defend him, or are just straight up unaware of the 'drama'. (Just look up a few posts to see an example of the blind defender)

jokuur

May 23, 2019
thank you both for sharing this story with me, i was patreon backer of enough games and artists to understand that patreon is essentially a scam (doesnt have to be, but is used as such) when u buy finished game in shop u know what ure buying and if u preorder often u can get your money back, with patreon when u backing someone u essentially preorder and when team splits up (breeding season, divine arms) or something else happen your money is gone-gone, and from this story it looks like dev will not finish it but will milk unaware backers essentially scamming them, its sad cus the animations are well done, but since patreon dont punish in any way people pulling this kind of stuff i think people should treat is as scam, unless u pay and get hidden rewards like arts right away

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes