• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

Dudenator

Sep 2, 2017
Yeah, he ain't working on shit.
To sum this up. It's been so long since MGI was first promoted that the original pitch was as a 3d variant of Monster Girl Quest which had recently opened up the world to monster girls.

Admittedly early on Redamz actually did relase stuff but over time less and less was released and more time was spend "doing over" existing content. If i'm totally honest this game was dead long before COVID rolled in but so many kept giving Redamz money and kept listening to his empty promises...

asdfalex

Jul 24, 2017
Been following this project for a while. As I am a Unity developer myself, I'm really considering in starting some monster girl stuff (with VR too, obv.) in my spare time. Where do you think Red got the girls models? (I refuse to think he designed all of them)

Reactions: ReanS02

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Been following this project for a while. As I am a Unity developer myself, I'm really considering in starting some monster girl stuff (with VR too, obv.) in my spare time. Where do you think Red got the girls models? (I refuse to think he designed all of them)
Do you want to break a curse of 3D mg games or become another victim? Many heroes have already fallen...:( But I appreciate your courage to go for it.

VR is not important. Mainly good story and nice models and most importantly .. "Some action". Everything else is an extra sauce and a pleasant bonus. This is probably "the foundation" that people want and Red realized it very well (and the fact that there was nothing else and people blindly sponsored anything). I would probably believe that he did everything himself, which may explain why everything else is unfinished and raw. Maybe he had some external assistance he didn't want to admit officially.

PS: Redamz will sue if you touch his models.:KEK:
You can gain inspiration and models from other dead MGI-like games.

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Judging by his history, they're probably part of a Genshin Impact DLC. OK, jokes aside, what I'd do being him is scavenge parts from existing animal models and mix them up with (also existing) human female models. Too lazy to learn modeling, seems quite hard for someone with hand-drawing skills even worse than RDR2 John Marston's, like me.

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
Judging by his history, they're probably part of a Genshin Impact DLC. OK, jokes aside, what I'd do being him is scavenge parts from existing animal models and mix them up with (also existing) human female models. Too lazy to learn modeling, seems quite hard for someone with hand-drawing skills even worse than RDR2 John Marston's, like me.
I'm a 3D artist and time ago I took a look to some of Red's characters.
I can't say they were perfect, they were just "fine".

Then, mixing models as you said doesn't really work as you might expect.
So, it's more likely that Red modeled them by himself or someone did it for him.

Reactions: asdfalex

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
mixing models as you said doesn't really work as you might expect.
I made some mods for GTA San Andreas back in the day, and it does work like that. I scavenged components of some clothes to use on others, and all I had to do apart of putting them in place was rig them to the existing bone they were supposed to be a part of. Similar techniques were used to port guns, for example (they use just one bone [two in the annoying of cases], which makes them easier to mod).

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
You're right, you can have it working that way, but it may end up with issues like compenetrations and mainly if the game is stylized (like MGI is) there's the risk to be inconsistent.

For example, you can easily tell that Red used some outsourced assets in MGI, for example beds models and textures are stylistically different from the other assets there.

Reactions: HumanRug

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
I'd say that you can only compare a game to MGI if it's 3D and femdom, otherwise it doesn't count.
I took it according to the genre. Content is hard to judge when most games are instantly dead.:)

When I think about it, there aren't that many femdom characters in MGI. Shuri, Eris, maybe Mako. Otherwise, it's classic humiliation.:unsure:

succxess1

May 4, 2021
I took it according to the genre. Content is hard to judge when most games are instantly dead.:)

When I think about it, there aren't that many femdom characters in MGI. Shuri, Eris, maybe Mako. Otherwise, it's classic humiliation.:unsure:
I'm talking about hentai. 75-80% of the scenes in MGI are femdom.

asdfalex

Jul 24, 2017
That was I was thinking about, I'm not very good at modelling, but was thinking about take CM3D2 models and modify them in Blender, also rig them and all the stuff...

Don't be mad at me people, I thought about only for 5 minutes but because monster girls are just the best I was thinking about doing this even only for me.

Also, sorry for my English, I'm not native speaker so... yeah

jackysexington

Jul 11, 2021
wait has this actually been abandoned? I remember trying this out years ago, and I friggen loved it, just bumped back into it now and saw abandoned? please tell me it isn't so TT-TT

Excelia

Dec 15, 2019
wait has this actually been abandoned? I remember trying this out years ago, and I friggen loved it, just bumped back into it now and saw abandoned? please tell me it isn't so TT-TT

Well, it's not officially abandoned.
Or at least the dev said that he's working on a SFW VN prequel of MGI and if I recall correctly he'll polish a bit this current MGI version someday.
But still, nobody with a good amount of brain believes his words, since in all these years there wasn't any tangible sign of real development or something from him.
So yes, looks kinda dead now.

Last edited:

wdasd

Jan 8, 2020
hey, i played the demo MGI on steam back then, which version is new here and where should i start? Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Mfka5
3.50 star(s) 23 Votes