RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

KrakenKiller

Aug 12, 2019
Damn this is confusing lol. Why are the files from 2.23 to 2.31 and 2.32 to 2.35 etc all so small? Am assuming they're not the full games. I'm completely out of date. Do we just download the:

"MGQ Paradox 2.35 Difference From 2.34 Raw JP.zip
14.4 MB mega file"

and merge it with the current version we have, or do I have to download each new update and do it all in order? Atm, I have the original version from dlsite with the full translation patch from axzor (a year or so ago, when the game was first fully translated). What do I do with it if I want to play the most up to date version?

Am assuming this has been asked before lol, so if someone can just direct me to the answer or anything. Thanks!

yesz

Jul 11, 2019
Hey I have a question for people who have been pretty far into the Labyrinth of Chaos, I did 500+ floors, then left to check something, and I have accidently overwritten my save, kinda dumb but whatever, so I noticed the unlimited labyrinth gives me access to floor 401 immediately, So here is my question, is floor 401 the highest catch-up since it did not give me the 501. Or are the other milestones to catch up higher? I hope my question is clear I was not sure how to phrase it =/
if someone hasnt answered or you havent already found out, floor 401 is the highest checkpoint and it starts you with maximum rare points

beldr

Aug 8, 2017
New main post now has the link to newest version, but we still have the problem with the need to be constantly searching the translations on comments.
If there shouldn't be links on how to translate maybe there should be a thread on translations forum, keep the post there updated with the latest translation files and have a link to that thread on the main post.
I would start one, but I really don't remember the steps to translate a non decrypted version (not sure if the version posted here is decrypted and you can just paste the translation files or if it is already translated with latest update) neither I have the translation files to upload.
Also I think the one that is actually posting the translations should be the one to make the thread so he can update it and not have someone doing it by proxy.

Zeyla

Mar 1, 2018
if someone hasnt answered or you havent already found out, floor 401 is the highest checkpoint and it starts you with maximum rare points
Yep ended up finding out after going to 2000+ floors ;D ( I believe however it was changed in a recent patch, before it was floor 401 with rare cap 12.000, now it's floor 601 with 16.000 points)
But thanks for the answer.

Last edited:

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
New main post now has the link to newest version, but we still have the problem with the need to be constantly searching the translations on comments.
If there shouldn't be links on how to translate maybe there should be a thread on translations forum, keep the post there updated with the latest translation files and have a link to that thread on the main post.
I would start one, but I really don't remember the steps to translate a non decrypted version (not sure if the version posted here is decrypted and you can just paste the translation files or if it is already translated with latest update) neither I have the translation files to upload.
Also I think the one that is actually posting the translations should be the one to make the thread so he can update it and not have someone doing it by proxy.
not to worry, after downloading the version i uploaded you will only need one translation update

Dudenator

Sep 2, 2017
Nice to see things are still progressing, i got like 85-90% through Paradox Part 1 and my saves got corrupted... never been able to bring myself to do it all again. Maybe i'll start fresh with Part 2 sometime.

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Nice to see things are still progressing, i got like 85-90% through Paradox Part 1 and my saves got corrupted... never been able to bring myself to do it all again. Maybe i'll start fresh with Part 2 sometime.
this game is really REALLY good. Not many fap materials if you already played MGQ 1-2-3, but a good game. FF 4-5 tiers for me.

TrollmanV1

Nov 9, 2018
I got Paradox 2.35 up and running on JoiPlay for Android. Fights work and the so does the rest of the game.

But some of the items, libraries, skills and abilities cause the game to crash. Not using them, just having them. So one save file could be completely fine, but another save file will crash just by opening up the weapon's menu. On one save file I can see the battle replays, but on another save file opening up the battle replay just crashes. Same thing with skills and abilities. Same thing with the library that is accessed from the escape menu although the library save file is global, so that one affects all save files.

This happens when using an existing save, so the saves could have some faulty or missing IDs that are causing the crashes. So far it doesn't seem to happen with a brand new, wiped save folder. Is there a way to just delete all missing IDs from your save, or have them be ignored?

For anyone that got this working on previous versions, was this an issue before? Or if you got it to work on 2.35 do you have the same issue.

I really don't want to start a brand new save, only to find out the issue persists.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

Wiferahl

Oct 24, 2020
I got Paradox 2.35 up and running on JoiPlay for Android. Fights work and the so does the rest of the game.

But some of the items, libraries, skills and abilities cause the game to crash. Not using them, just having them. So one save file could be completely fine, but another save file will crash just by opening up the weapon's menu. On one save file I can see the battle replays, but on another save file opening up the battle replay just crashes. Same thing with skills and abilities. Same thing with the library that is accessed from the escape menu although the library save file is global, so that one affects all save files.

This happens when using an existing save, so the saves could have some faulty or missing IDs that are causing the crashes. So far it doesn't seem to happen with a brand new, wiped save folder. Is there a way to just delete all missing IDs from your save, or have them be ignored?

For anyone that got this working on previous versions, was this an issue before? Or if you got it to work on 2.35 do you have the same issue.

I really don't want to start a brand new save, only to find out the issue persists.
Yeah see, this is what was bothering me as well this evening. I found a complete save file from somebody back before the latest patch. Whenever I would go into Job Change, I'd hard crash with that stupid Exception error. I started a new save file to just suck it up and avoid corruption, but considering I'm not very knowledgeable on this sort of thing, I started wondering if it was the old save file, or something else entirely. Like you, I don't want to slog through the game again just to get farther in and realize that the Job Change screen crash happens once again after having progressed enough and obtained more characters. Interestingly enough, the old save where the game was crashing had a bunch of characters and a ton of items and money. I mean they had EVERYTHING unlocked. When I started my new save though, and went to that job change screen, I lingered for a while and there was no crash. So I kind of feel like I have it figured out that it is a save issue? But I'm not totally confident, because trying to get this game up and running properly was a confusing nightmare for me in and of itself, being a casual PC user as I am.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah see, this is what was bothering me as well this evening. I found a complete save file from somebody back before the latest patch. Whenever I would go into Job Change, I'd hard crash with that stupid Exception error. I started a new save file to just suck it up and avoid corruption, but considering I'm not very knowledgeable on this sort of thing, I started wondering if it was the old save file, or something else entirely. Like you, I don't want to slog through the game again just to get farther in and realize that the Job Change screen crash happens once again after having progressed enough and obtained more characters. Interestingly enough, the old save where the game was crashing had a bunch of characters and a ton of items and money. I mean they had EVERYTHING unlocked. When I started my new save though, and went to that job change screen, I lingered for a while and there was no crash. So I kind of feel like I have it figured out that it is a save issue? But I'm not totally confident, because trying to get this game up and running properly was a confusing nightmare for me in and of itself, being a casual PC user as I am.
Not much can be done about crashes no one reports. If the new version throws some errors perhaps offer them up and see if anyone can offer assistance.

TrollmanV1

Nov 9, 2018
Not much can be done about crashes no one reports. If the new version throws some errors perhaps offer them up and see if anyone can offer assistance.
I'm not getting an error popup, but here's my logs:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Considering it just straight up crashes without an error, it could just be a hardware issue. Now that i think about it, it only crashes with the weapons and the armor tab on maxed out saves which have way more items than the other tabs, same thing with the library and battle replays which also have very long lists. Every error says that the texture dimensions exceeded hardware, with some going as far as [280, 56640]

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

beldr

Aug 8, 2017
not to worry, after downloading the version i uploaded you will only need one translation update
After downloading that one and one translation update, for now.
My point being that unless we update the posted download with a translation we will once again have to search in the comments for the newest translation. What I was suggesting is having a linked translation thread where you can always go and look for the newest translation without having to search here.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm not getting an error popup, but here's my logs:

Considering it just straight up crashes without an error, it could just be a hardware issue. Now that i think about it, it only crashes with the weapons and the armor tab on maxed out saves which have way more items than the other tabs, same thing with the library and battle replays which also have very long lists. Every error says that the texture dimensions exceeded hardware, with some going as far as [280, 56640]
I would say it's a JoiPlay issue or to be more precise MKXP looks like it handles the android rpg maker emulator JoiPlay uses.

JoiPlay uses Ren'Py and RPG Maker plugins based on Ren'Py, rapt, MKXP and android-mkxp projects.
As for the problem well there seems to be a "cap" on how many items can be displayed at once. Even if they aren't all on screen at one time the game makes a rather large image of them then scrolls through that.

One way to test a save that does this would be loading it up on a PC, junking the inventory, saving, then see if JoiPlay can handle it once there are less things to draw.

Alternatively JoiPlay does have a Discord and Email if you wanted to officially report the issue.

4.Troubleshooting

This section only contains some common issues and might not help on all cases. Please contact us via or e-mail if you can't fix the issue.
In my light search of this there seems to be a similar issue with Pokemon Uranium in the

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes