Recommending Monster Girls, Kemonomimi and Non-Human girls - Recommendations, Updates, and Resources

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
POV: You were kidnapped from Village Number 22, are only allowed to eat by being handfed, can't leave your house(mountain?) and now have permanent pelvis damage.
god I wish that were me.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
They're derived from animals, animals are obviously not monsters.
But furries are also not quite animals, so they get their own category. :whistle::coffee:
But also monster girls derive from animals, aren’t cowgirls, lamias and sharkgirls monster girls?
Furry also are characterized by completely feral face and have their skin covered in fur, scales or feathers.
(In addition their hands are more similar to pawns)

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
But also monster girls derive from animals, aren’t cowgirls, lamias and sharkgirls monster girls?
Furry also are characterized by completely feral face and have their skin covered in fur, scales or feathers.
(In addition their hands are more similar to pawns)
Well, it probably boils down to whether or not something commits or is capable of committing - monstrous acts.
The possession of the instinct to kill, and to follow it, perhaps?

Like in the Lamia origin:

In the myth, the Lamia was originally a beautiful woman beloved of Zeus, but Zeus's jealous wife Hera robbed her of her children, either by kidnapping and hiding them away, killing them, or causing Lamia herself to kill her own offspring. She became disfigured from the torment, transforming into a terrifying being who hunted and killed the children of others.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It's probably a mix of two factors that determines whether or not something can be classified as a monster girl.
1. The presence of a mythological origin.
2. Monstrous behavior patterns.

Not like we have a holy book that lists all monster girls and explains in detail why exactly they're considered monster girls. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
It's probably a mix of two factors that determines whether or not something can be classified as a monster girl.
1. The presence of a mythological origin.
2. Monstrous behavior patterns.

Not like we have a holy book that lists all monster girls and explains in detail why exactly they're considered monster girls. :giggle::coffee:
I knew it! cows don’t exist!

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
so why are furrys not considered monster girls? they are not human girl.
fvmg.png
Furries are anthropomorphic animals/creatures. They retain animal features like snouts but are made into bipedal human-like creatures that stand up right.

"Monster girl" is an umbrella term for almost any non-human (homo-erectus) that still LOOKS like a human to some degree. As a rule of thumb, monster girls will retain a human face and midsection*. Some mediums, like monster girl encyclopedia, consider witches and such as monster girls, but that mostly comes down to the nuance that they have been corrupted by succubi energy, a succubus being an undeniable monster girl.

*some times this can be flexible for things like centaurs who don't exactly have a human midsection (but a horse midsection that turns into a human midsection), or spider chicks who will have a human face but may have multiple eyes or such. But overall those parts are still human, just modified.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Totally not. They're Infernals. A demon. :whistle::coffee:
Anyway, everyone has their own opinion i guess on what is and isn't a monster girl.
As a general rule of thumb I place things into three categories, but all of these I would paint with a thick brush/umbrella term of "monster girl".

Monster girls are the ones that don't derive actual animals.

Kemonomimi are ones that derive from actual animals.

Non-humans are things like Elves, robots, dwarves and halflings since they're not exactly monstrous nor are they humanized animals.

So I'd definitely put succubi, imps and demons all in the monster girl category.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes