last orbital

Jan 13, 2022
Monster Monsoon v5 - full changelog
New event summary
- 6 new queen videos. Maria and Anne will be kidnapped after you go on any dating event with them. CAREFUL if you date Nadia first she will be kidnapped instead!
- Recommend taking Maria with you early, her quest will unlock a character that is required for new dating events for both protagonists.
- 4 dating events. 2 with each protagonist. Check the phone for information on how to obtain them.
- Phone event for Anne+Jade. Requires for the Nupert+Anne phone event to have happened.
- Couple of dialogue events in the tavern with Viki.

v5
New Content
  • 12 new events.
  • 8 craftable items.
  • New quest.
  • New tavern character.
  • New enemy type.
  • 4 (text only) endings.
  • Added code to support crafting.
  • Added code to support new item effects.
  • Added comment variations for the queen videos for each protagonist.
  • Various art and dialogue adjustments.
Quality of Life and Balance Changes
  • Removed topic selection from dialogue. Automatically picks in order of "quest", "talk", "trade" if an option is available.
  • Enemy hp budget accounts for revival and armor. (fewer of those enemies will appear at a time)
  • Quest weather can only be 2 or 3 on most difficulty settings. 3 or 4 on "monsoon" and "typhoon" difficulty levels.
  • Quest items, enemies and obstacles can no longer start next to the player.
  • Enemies will prioritize attacking summoned minions if they can't reach the player.
  • Queen fight starts with 3 thistles but fewer sprouts.
  • Days to rescue kidnapped companions are shown, no longer directly associated with bond levels.
  • Duster item renamed, effect changed a bit.
  • Small changes for a few friendly combat characters.
  • Various trade options have been moved around.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug, invite swap app didn't clear invites after an event plays.
  • Fixed bug, bond level requirements for special training did not show correct numbers.
  • Fixed bug, button interactively for trade options didn't always reset correctly.
Man thank you so much. I was struggling to get the second event for Anne due to the queen stealing her everytime before I can get the event. So in order to get the second dating event I got to sacrafice nadia

Reactions: WetOniichan

DarkeReises

Jan 15, 2021
Here's a broken (says over 200 events are unlocked) but still working (everything should be unlocked) full 100% gallery save.
If there are any issues, let me know. I'm 99% sure I won't fix them though.

Edit: Included a modified(don't look at the code, it must be illegal with how botched I made it) Assembly-CSharp file that may be required to force the unlocks. Use both it and the save file to be sure. And don't use the Assembly-CSharp on any other game versions, it's not a universal gallery unlocker, especially since I noticed gallery-related code was changed between v0.5 and v0.3.

Gallery save location: Press Windows Key + R and type in or copy and paste %localappdata%low\Impy\Monsoon and place gallery.save in there

Assembly-CSharp location: ...\Monster Monsoon v5 - Win\Monsoon_Data\Managed

If this still don't work, y'all shit outta luck til soulruyu posts his updated save.

Last edited:

Freezyx123

Aug 1, 2020
Here's a broken (says over 200 events are unlocked) but still working (everything should be unlocked) full 100% gallery save.
If there are any issues, let me know. I'm 99% sure I won't fix them though.
I tried copypaste your files into my impy folder, but instead of unlocking the galleries, many of them are still lock.

Reactions: Nikayame

Febui

May 6, 2022
Actually rather nice combat mechanics, I like the FF Tactics kind of grid with abilities affecting different distances and patterns. The scale is a bit small, being a single unit one a 5-10 turn map, but that's fine.
The NTR is extremely weak. Nothing really makes it feel like you have a relationship as a girl, and barely anything as a boy. Just feels like everyone's very sexually open in this world and there is no concept of sexual exclusivity.
Artistically, I think it works only because it's pixel art. I like it.

DarkeReises

Jan 15, 2021
I tried copypaste your files into my impy folder, but instead of unlocking the galleries, many of them are still lock.
I just cleared my save folder completely then added the file from the .zip and it worked fine(though still said 270 something events were unlocked. If you want, you can try replacing your Assembly-CSharp file with this one while keeping that save file. Just don't use it on any other versions and you should be fine.

Freezyx123

Aug 1, 2020
I just cleared my save folder completely then added the file from the .zip and it worked fine(though still said 270 something events were unlocked. If you want, you can try replacing your Assembly-CSharp file with this one while keeping that save file. Just don't use it on any other versions and you should be fine.
thanks, that work

Reactions: DarkeReises

Bmbt

Mar 9, 2020
Silly question, but are battle events just a still sprite? or is there some button to progress them in the gallery?

soulruyu

Nov 11, 2018
i was beckoned to hunt monsters so i'm on it again looks like i need 2 runs each protag and viki's fortune finder is broke kinda. i think if i'm lucky with my final battles should be done in like 40 minutes to an hour and half

soulruyu

Nov 11, 2018
combat is not the issue its the location positions can slow me down so hard, cha cha sliding everyone to get the results i want is hard

Reactions: Febui

last orbital

Jan 13, 2022
True I really dislike how sometimes the map can generate as a chain making it harder for character interactions

3.80 star(s) 10 Votes