Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Well... That Director does have more HP than a tank. One could say that maybe she couldn't solo him and other mobs at the same time...

It sort of leaves me wondering what the numbers mean and how they translate to damage dealt. By the numbers, we shouldn't be able to damage many of the characters, or things do far less than you'd expect from the numbers(Thunder Ball, Freeze Strike....)
I’ve learned that the elemental attacks are just to fulfill niche weaknesses. basically the elemental attacks are for barzac and monster related abilities are for NASCO.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
New crash to look out for. Game will hard crash if scorpion and Sakura have combat dialogue after Sakura has seen another NASCO agent be brainwashed. For the time being make sure to keep scorpion away from sakura if you've done this.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
I gotta admit these bugs are really annoying me. So I've decided to retranslate the latest version of this game after demon peddler. Hopefully that will fix the issues and have everything in working order again.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
New crash to look out for. Game will hard crash if scorpion and Sakura have combat dialogue after Sakura has seen another NASCO agent be brainwashed. For the time being make sure to keep scorpion away from sakura if you've done this.
Even the game's rebelling against you doing this shit.

P.S. I have a personal dislike for most forms of mind control tbh (in writing of any kind), the only forms I tolerate are indirect control where it bypasses the conscious side of things altogether, or where a character is actually persuaded into doing things that are evil, but they conceivably could do.
Most other forms are either boring or feel way too psychologically cruel (which may be the point, but it seems excessive anyway.)

Reactions: BahnMiire

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019

P.S. I have a personal dislike for most forms of mind control tbh (in writing of any kind), the only forms I tolerate are indirect control where it bypasses the conscious side of things altogether, or where a character is actually persuaded into doing things that are evil, but they conceivably could do.
Most other forms are either boring or feel way too psychologically cruel (which may be the point, but it seems excessive anyway.)
To me, the most important part is that the individual still has a personality and still has individual thoughts and opinions. Nothing is more boring to me than a living robot, a broken husk or a mind control where the victim forgets. The whole point of corruption I love is that someone is broken, remade and now enjoys these acts of evil and perversion and WANT to do them.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019

Also, I feel the Insect Angels can have a very natural fall to evil under the right circumstances of a playthrough. The entire idea was that these new monster instincts, combined with abuse from the townspeople is what triggers their corruption. A very simple, but believable way for heroines to fall from grace.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Well, in the context of corruption, there's the idea that you want to see the process, and it doesn't completely fuck up the character to be nothing like their original self.
Problem is, in normal stories where you can write at basically any level of magic you want, mind control is very easy to make either boring or overpowered. Plus, if you actually care about the characters in question, mind control has to come with either serious impact and limitations, or it becomes boring as shit.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Well, in the context of corruption, there's the idea that you want to see the process, and it doesn't completely fuck up the character to be nothing like their original self.
Problem is, in normal stories where you can write at basically any level of magic you want, mind control is very easy to make either boring or overpowered. Plus, if you actually care about the characters in question, mind control has to come with either serious impact and limitations, or it becomes boring as shit.
I wonder if you'll like demon peddler then. Not a lick of mind control in it, but the pc basically dupes everyone into corrupting themselves.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Welp, depends on how it's done. I probably will like the game anyway, the problem with the whole corruption concept is that there's many ways to do it, and they appeal to different people. Of the strains I prefer, the good ones tend to be where the character becomes more ruthless, but not outright evil, where they become more sex-centred (for obvious reasons this one's h-game exclusive), or where they just go hyper selfish, but don't do evil shit just for the sake of it.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Welp, depends on how it's done. I probably will like the game anyway, the problem with the whole corruption concept is that there's many ways to do it, and they appeal to different people. Of the strains I prefer, the good ones tend to be where the character becomes more ruthless, but not outright evil, where they become more sex-centred (for obvious reasons this one's h-game exclusive), or where they just go hyper selfish, but don't do evil shit just for the sake of it.
Ah okay, very simple premise the PC is a succubus that's earning a profit selling corrupted weapons to two warring countries. The idea is that these weapons will start turning their users into succubi and as they change they become more perverted and depraved, and as they indulge in their desires and buy more weapons they'll eventually cave in to their bodies and become full blown succubi in body and mind. The grunts will cave in on their own, but the generals will need a little extra push from you to fully give in.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Imma be honest, I'm kinda soured on the concept of succubi in general, due to how overused they are, the inevitable prevalence of excessive femdom, and the tendency to make them either lethal or have them enslave people. I'm sorry, but humiliation is not on my fetish list, lol. That being said, I'll check the game out anyway, i'm sure it's decent.

Kinda why I like hanging around on threads like these, with creative concepts and unique selling points. Much higher chance for quality writing and concepts when the dev creates unusual things.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Imma be honest, I'm kinda soured on the concept of succubi in general, due to how overused they are, the inevitable prevalence of excessive femdom, and the tendency to make them either lethal or have them enslave people. I'm sorry, but humiliation is not on my fetish list, lol. That being said, I'll check the game out anyway, i'm sure it's decent.

Kinda why I like hanging around on threads like these, with creative concepts and unique selling points. Much higher chance for quality writing and concepts when the dev creates unusual things.
I see, that's too bad. Fortunately for you, Circle Corrupts succubi are almost the exact opposite of what sours you on them it sounds. These succubi are actually usually against killing and sure, femdom is in his work, but it depends on the individual succubi's taste and it's not a thing with the race as a whole.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
I have to agree with you tho, snuff is not my thing at all. I don't mind if someone dies in a story, but I don't get off to death.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
I have to agree with you tho, snuff is not my thing at all. I don't mind if someone dies in a story, but I don't get off to death.
It's just humiliation at large really. So many monstergirl games are ruined by the either incompetent or intentional writing of a massive power differential between the MC and the girls, and the logical consequence of that is you getting run over metaphorically and literally. It's basically femdom taken up to 11 for no fucking reason. Like, I don't mind the other party being assertive, but not where it's literally you having 0 agency.
And I suspect this is why so many games have on-death scenes only, which is another shitty trope. Because it logically ties into the whole thing.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
It's just humiliation at large really. So many monstergirl games are ruined by the either incompetent or intentional writing of a massive power differential between the MC and the girls, and the logical consequence of that is you getting run over metaphorically and literally. It's basically femdom taken up to 11 for no fucking reason. Like, I don't mind the other party being assertive, but not where it's literally you having 0 agency.
And I suspect this is why so many games have on-death scenes only, which is another shitty trope. Because it logically ties into the whole thing.
That’s one thing I appreciate about the village of nightmare universe. Succubi have been a near extinct race of demons for at least a few centuries. Humans have nearly forgotten them and are no longer privy to their tricks. That being said, while the average succubus is much stronger than the average human in almost every regard there are still many humans that could kill a succubus in a single blow. With the race being near extinct it’s vital that a succubus, at least at the start, needs to have a little subtlety when corrupting towns. Long story short, there’s actually a decent reason humans are clueless, but at the same time succubi aren’t overpowered.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Very rarely in mind-control games are you the controller.
Yes and no. I can name a bunch of games, even the big ones, where you use some form of mind control to get the girls (First two that come to mind are Corruption and Corrupted Kingdoms). But on the other hand, there are plenty of examples of female MCs being mindfucked with throughout the game, and that being the content. It's more of a sub-genre distinction, but you have both scenarios.

Jan 10, 2018

Aw, that's a shame - succubi are really neat when they're properly used, being tailor-made to be an interesting social threat instead of being (essentially) another boring overpowered monster.

My own play by the following rules:

-Wildly overpowered in a very narrow area. Between powerful mind control magic, and being naturally charismatic, they can generally get whatever they want just by asking; it takes magic equipment to have a chance to refuse them, and that still does nothing about their natural charisma. But... If one can force a fight, pretty much anyone with a sword can kill them with ease.

-Which also makes them natural airheads. They literally get anything they want in life just by asking. They've never had to work for a thing in their lives, and what scheming they need to do can usually be summed up with "brainwash the right human"; furthermore, any mistakes and complications can usually be resolved with a hefty dose of mind magic. Because they're so overpowered in their field, most succubi are spoiled rotten, and have grown naturally incurious; they almost universally squander their gifts, much to the relief of humanity.

-They're "mostly harmless". Succubi, unique amongst demons, spend most of their time in human lands, but... Not in the way most would expect. Instead of devilish plots or carnage, they mostly waste their time on hedonism. Fine wines, delicious foods, exotic entertainment... As one would expect of short-sighted spoiled brats, they care about fun, not some sort of demonic agenda. And while their fun doesn't generally care about the financial health of their dupes, sadism doesn't come to them naturally; they feed on human lust, which encourages a certain degree of care on their parts.

-Which changed to a degree when a succubi became the latest Demon Queen. With the instinct to serve activated, they're now her personal spy service, but... While they're effective, they're not exactly discreet. Wandering around asking questions of anyone who looks like they might know the answer works when you have magic powers and your appearance changes every month, but doesn't do a thing to stop them from going to the guards afterwards so everyone knows exactly what the demons are interested in at the moment.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes