Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Kaguya also definitely has the sharpest tongue of the group, although Scorpion has her zingers from time to time.

Jan 10, 2018
I also find it interesting that even though Kaguya is more sadistic, she’s actually more merciful than scorpion (I know that’s not saying much).A woman insulted her TWICE without punishment. Although with Kaguya, you’d better pray she finds you cute or you’re going to suffer.
Mmm - because with characters like her, it's about fear and control rather than pain and violence. Those are enjoyable tools for establishing fear and control, certainly, but she'd much rather look at a person tremble and cry rather than their spurting blood everywhere.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
I actually find moth girl to be the most dangerous of the three. she doesn’t have scorpion’s absurd strength, or the strategic and sadistic mind of Arachnia, but her powers could create more chaos than the other two could ever hope to make and with minimal effort.

Jan 10, 2018
I actually find moth girl to be the most dangerous of the three. she doesn’t have scorpion’s absurd strength, or the strategic and sadistic mind of Arachnia, but her powers could create more chaos than the other two could ever hope to make and with minimal effort.
True - but she's also the least inclined to do so. If it was necessary to defeat NASCO, she'd have done so without a second thought, but left to her own devices... She's happy to just waste her days on idle amusement.

The most potential danger, but the least probable danger.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
True - but she's also the least inclined to do so. If it was necessary to defeat NASCO, she'd have done so without a second thought, but left to her own devices... She's happy to just waste her days on idle amusement.

The most potential danger, but the least probable danger.
That sums it up perfectly, but she’s still insanely dangerous since she still listens to Queen Hornet. That, and also you can never forget that breathing in the powder too much is lethal.

Jan 10, 2018
That sums it up perfectly, but she’s still insanely dangerous since she still listens to Queen Hornet. That, and also you can never forget that breathing in the powder too much is lethal.
Ah, yes, Queen Hornet - the character who barely gets more screentime than the Director :p . Well, she's supposed to be the player insert, so that's understandable, but... It does kind of make it harder to get a feel for just how dangerous she is.

That aside, is the powder really lethal, or is it more of a "breathing too much will make you her permanent slave" kind of danger? When dealing with Kanna at high levels of corruption (but not betraying humanity yet), she didn't really seem that concerned for her, just amused at how much danger Kanna would be in if Mothgirl were an enemy; if it were dangerous in that way, I'd have expected her to be annoyed about having to avoid killing her to escape a lecture.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Ah, yes, Queen Hornet - the character who barely gets more screentime than the Director :p . Well, she's supposed to be the player insert, so that's understandable, but... It does kind of make it harder to get a feel for just how dangerous she is.

That aside, is the powder really lethal, or is it more of a "breathing too much will make you her permanent slave" kind of danger? When dealing with Kanna at high levels of corruption (but not betraying humanity yet), she didn't really seem that concerned for her, just amused at how much danger Kanna would be in if Mothgirl were an enemy; if it were dangerous in that way, I'd have expected her to be annoyed about having to avoid killing her to escape a lecture.
At the very least, it might cause permanent brain damage. At least that’s how i interpreted it when she was warning one of her victims not to breathe in too much because it’ll “make her stupid.” And Queen Hornet, for someone so critical to the story she sure doesn’t get much use.

Jan 10, 2018
At the very least, it might cause permanent brain damage. At least that’s how i interpreted it when she was warning one of her victims not to breathe in too much because it’ll “make her stupid.” And Queen Hornet, for someone so critical to the story she sure doesn’t get much use.
Ah, I interpreted that as her teasing the woman she was brainwashing, personally. It's not an uncommon line for that kind of situation. Though, uh, granted, those kinds of stories do kind of tend to end up with the character it's spoken to ending up focusing more on base pleasures than intellectual pursuits, to phrase it politely...

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Tomboyish heroine with a straightforward personality and heart full of justice is my personal favourite as well. So from the trio Akari is also my favourite. Scorpion was a great fit for her. I mean It has strong scissors and powerful tail so it seems like it fits such a straightforward and muscleheaded heroine... But it also uses poison and nasty ambushes which feels much darker and more malicious and is a good fit for a heroine who is becoming more and more like a monster.
You know like:
"For the sake of justice and protecting civilans I can't choose any means. I will use what I can even if it's sneaky or unfair!"
Turns into:
"Fufu, I could behead you in a single stroke if i wanted to... But I think I would rather see you suffer from my poison~"

But serious Kaguya becoming bewitching and sadistic seductress teaching kids in the park various stuff was also fun (oneeshota FTW). And so was Chika developing her manipulative/devilish personality. It was great since her original character was so pure.

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
And Queen Hornet, for someone so critical to the story she sure doesn’t get much use.

This is true of all 3 leaders. All would be hellish if you actually have to fight them in the field for various reasons. Catastrophe has his map wide damages(Though honestly he'd possibly be more dangerous just hitting things), Hornet has a map wide attack buff, and the Director seems to be almost a straight brawler.

Then again, the 'leader/mentor that stays back and sends their teams/minions to do the work for various reasons' is standard for all sides in Sentai. Of course, Hornet's also part responsible(along with Yanma) for upgrading the team via Honey.

...Great. An old memory jsut sprang up.

I am now picturing what the hell Queen Hornet would be in a fighting game.

Last edited:

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Hey Jooop your gallery translation seems to work like a charm, havent encountered any errors and everything is nicely translated.
Thank you for your work

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
And Queen Hornet, for someone so critical to the story she sure doesn’t get much use.

This is true of all 3 leaders. All would be hellish if you actually have to fight them in the field for various reasons. Catastrophe has his map wide damages(Though honestly he'd possibly be more dangerous just hitting things), Hornet has a map wide attack buff, and the Director seems to be almost a straight brawler.

Then again, the 'leader/mentor that stays back and sends their teams/minions to do the work for various reasons' is standard for all sides in Sentai. Of course, Hornet's also part responsible(along with Yanma) for upgrading the team via Honey.

...Great. An old memory jsut sprang up.

I am now picturing what the hell Queen Hornet would be in a fighting game.
Yeah, but at least i could gleam SOMETHING from the other two, but it’s really hard to get anything out of Queen Hornet. About the only thing i got out of her is that she’s more arrogant than all 3 insect angels. She’s inside NASCO HQ when they betray them and within arm’s reach of the director, but instead of taking that opportunity to kill him, she makes a brazen declaration of war.

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Yeah, but at least i could gleam SOMETHING from the other two, but it’s really hard to get anything out of Queen Hornet. About the only thing i got out of her is that she’s more arrogant than all 3 insect angels. She’s inside NASCO HQ when they betray them and within arm’s reach of the director, but instead of taking that opportunity to kill him, she makes a brazen declaration of war.
Well... That Director does have more HP than a tank. One could say that maybe she couldn't solo him and other mobs at the same time...

test011 wait, whole gallery works for you? Including patrol scenes?

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Well... That Director does have more HP than a tank. One could say that maybe she couldn't solo him and other mobs at the same time...

test011 wait, whole gallery works for you? Including patrol scenes?
Nah, there’s no way. When i play tested it, it still broke.

CSanders

May 13, 2018
Nah, there’s no way. When i play tested it, it still broke.
Btw which version of the game was translated? I remember recollection room was buggy in older versions but when i checked the newest (1.5) patrol scenes seemed to work flawlessly.
If only manual translation of RPGmaker games didn't make updating translation for newer versions a hell...

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
Btw which version of the game was translated? I remember recollection room was buggy in older versions but when i checked the newest (1.5) patrol scenes seemed to work flawlessly.
If only manual translation of RPGmaker games didn't make updating translation for newer versions a hell...
I believe this is version 1.3.

Jooop

Jun 28, 2019
After this translation I learned my lesson. I waited until just about all the bugs were fixed in demon peddler before I started translating it. Fortunately the only 2 bugs in that game are such minor things, but it still sucks the developer never fixed it.

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019

It sort of leaves me wondering what the numbers mean and how they translate to damage dealt. By the numbers, we shouldn't be able to damage many of the characters, or things do far less than you'd expect from the numbers(Thunder Ball, Freeze Strike....)

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes