2.70 star(s) 3 Votes
Feb 3, 2021
We've been playing around and trying to find that right pacing for the romance scenes. But it's supposed to be a more casual sex environment overall. Which is why in the opening intro Karen makes it clear that sex is a part of your job.
Well I mean that's kinda the thing. The rest of the narrative doesn't really gel with that, or at least not with the kin I chose. Flare's the only one that feels remotely casual, and even then it's kinda intimate. They go out of their way specifically to mention they won't have sex with just anyone, and once you finally get with them they even say they love you.

Sevros you have a pretty big heart to heart with, and Alek essentially adopts you into his family. It could just be my standards of what constitutes as casual, but it feels very emotional and heavy to me. Never at any time did I feel like sex was for work purposes, it felt like a romantic payoff.

I don't think any of these scenes are written badly. I liked them a lot. It just feels like I'm being told two different things within the game.

AstroKaen

Creator of Monster XXXperiment
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Well I mean that's kinda the thing. The rest of the narrative doesn't really gel with that, or at least not with the kin I chose. Flare's the only one that feels remotely casual, and even then it's kinda intimate. They go out of their way specifically to mention they won't have sex with just anyone, and once you finally get with them they even say they love you.

Sevros you have a pretty big heart to heart with, and Alek essentially adopts you into his family. It could just be my standards of what constitutes as casual, but it feels very emotional and heavy to me. Never at any time did I feel like sex was for work purposes, it felt like a romantic payoff.

I don't think any of these scenes are written badly. I liked them a lot. It just feels like I'm being told two different things within the game.
Ah my apologies this isn't where the characters stories stop btw. Eventually we would like to introduce phase 2 of the game which we have planned. Which will expand on each characters stories and make that stronger emotional connection that I think you're looking for.

I can admit the pacing for some characters is a bit fast and doesn't feel as casual because the story for them would need a bit more to be told to get to that point.

I think once we have Phase 2 in the game and can make character stories extend farther out beyond just the confides of testing them we can have their stories and advancement go from a casual fling to feel a bit more impactful and stronger.

Obviously this would be better done later in the game's development once all of the features, characters, gameplay, etc is all finalized so we know where we want to end with each character.

Besharia

May 6, 2018
Can I ignore the monster boys and just focus on the girls? Like is the male related content skippable?

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Can I ignore the monster boys and just focus on the girls? Like is the male related content skippable?
The male content is completely skippable. Whenever you level up in the game you have the option to choose between a female or a male. You can choose female every single level up at no consequence.

GeneTaylor06

Jan 31, 2021
Played for the gay content a while back. Seems MC is exculsively submissive (and the bottom) in all scenes so far. The writer did promise to maybe add more scenes later on, but I'm not gonna hold too much hope. I didn't read any of the sex scenes, but the rest of the game was fun enough

Mar 9, 2018
Played for the gay content a while back. Seems MC is exculsively submissive (and the bottom) in all scenes so far. The writer did promise to maybe add more scenes later on, but I'm not gonna hold too much hope. I didn't read any of the sex scenes, but the rest of the game was fun enough
This is something I was wondering myself, it's one thing that I have to tolerate the MC being so...so "oblivious" as I can put it nicely (though I am growing to hate this mandatory personality as I have played too many dating games that uses this and it breaks the immersion way too much) but it would be nice to have a choice of being dominant or submissive in the sex scenes. If being dominant isn't going to be implemented, then that's okay. It's a really good game for what it is and it's nice to see something that isn't riddled with bugs or is barely a game.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
This is something I was wondering myself, it's one thing that I have to tolerate the MC being so...so "oblivious" as I can put it nicely (though I am growing to hate this mandatory personality as I have played too many dating games that uses this and it breaks the immersion way too much) but it would be nice to have a choice of being dominant or submissive in the sex scenes. If being dominant isn't going to be implemented, then that's okay. It's a really good game for what it is and it's nice to see something that isn't riddled with bugs or is barely a game.
Understandable. We've made the game to be more "targeted" towards individuals who like to play a more submissive role in games rather than a dominant one. That was the initial premise of the game as a whole. But we do have some characters planned where the MC does take on the dominant role in the scenes.

We're a small team (1 Programmer, 2 Artist, 1 Writer).

And having such a diverse cast of characters already with their own story on top of giving them double the amount of scenes would just be way too much for us to perform at current moment.

We're not against adding more dominant moments for the MC in game though but we need the ability to bring on a 2nd or maybe even a third writer first before we can even think about doing that. (For example I think games like CoC2 and TiTs have multiple writers who do different scenes I believe which really helps with padding out game content.)

But TL;DR
We're not against adding dominant options for some of the characters, but we literally don't have the ability to do so at current moment because of lack of resources.

Thanks for enjoying the game though!

aledeth

Sep 21, 2017
Just finished playing, Male MC with monstergirls only. Had a great time with it, so huge respect for what you've gotten done so far.

Overall, I got really invested with Karla and Vallory. Their stories are interesting, they have a good reason for being in the research lab(curing a genetic defect/figuring out an entire new food source for her species), and Flare kinda... doesn't? Serving time here on probation for something(vandalism?) feels kinda meh in comparison. Still enjoyed the scenes with her though.
Someone who knows what they like to do and doesn't shy away from it can be refreshing.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Just finished playing, Male MC with monstergirls only. Had a great time with it, so huge respect for what you've gotten done so far.

Overall, I got really invested with Karla and Vallory. Their stories are interesting, they have a good reason for being in the research lab(curing a genetic defect/figuring out an entire new food source for her species), and Flare kinda... doesn't? Serving time here on probation for something(vandalism?) feels kinda meh in comparison. Still enjoyed the scenes with her though.
Someone who knows what they like to do and doesn't shy away from it can be refreshing.
Yeah Flare is just pretty much the tutorial Kin so we didn't want any deep dive with their character. We want to make a nice mix of severity for why Kin are in NYLIC. We'll be continuing this in the future as well, some Kin are here for minor reasons or own personal gain while others have a more profound bigger than themselves reason to be at NYLIC.

Passerby2010

Dec 24, 2019
good game. It was made on ren py with such good arts omg bless the creators with their ren py choice as base for its availability.

Feb 3, 2021
Ah my apologies this isn't where the characters stories stop btw. Eventually we would like to introduce phase 2 of the game which we have planned. Which will expand on each characters stories and make that stronger emotional connection that I think you're looking for.
Argh, sorry I don't think I'm explaining myself well. My kinda sorta not really issue is that your boss sets up the framing of frequent casual sex for the sake of science, but all the kin want to be wined, dined, and romance. Both of these things are written well. It just doesn't feel like they go together?

I feel like the emotional connection is there, but that it's necessary for sex is a bit at odds with what you're told in the intro.

Oct 8, 2021
Quick q? Is vallory the last kin I can get? Or is there more? And I am sad that when I get the 4rth romance scene it gets cut off to get the full version. Where can I buy it? I am loving the game!

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Monster XXXperiment v1.7 Pre-Release

Hello Researchers!

Sorry for the delay it's been a long time coming but Monster XXXperiment v1.7 is finally on the horizon.

The update will be releasing Friday August 19th. Below are the patch notes for the upcoming update!
-----------------------------------------------
[August 2022 Monster XXXperiment v1.7]

Beautiful Beautiful Art Update Part 1!:

Artwork Changes-
Male Player Character Sprites has been reworked.

Female Player Character Sprites has been reworked.

Karen Stephanie Sprites has been reworked.

Male Flare Sprites has been reworked.

Female Flare Sprites has been reworked.

Monster XXXperiment's GUI has a new sleek finish!

Events-
New Random events has been added for Sevros.

New Random events has been added for Karla.

Changes-
Vallory's diet has been changed to be less confusing to the player.

Bugfixes-
The game should no longer crash randomly.

Other minor bug fixes.

Full Delay Explanation:

We've been very hard at work remastering all of the games artwork and our efforts will continue over the next following months.

To explain the delay, two months ago the original primary artist for the game had to be removed from the studio. This of course left a void in the art department at first we originally intended to just have the other two artist that work on the game continue where he left off but we soon realized that the style mis-match would be just to extreme.

While it was a detriment to us funding wise we decided to instead focus instead on remastering the older artwork so that the new characters coming with the next Kin update don't look completely out of place next to the old artwork.

Over the next few months we will continue to do artwork remasters as we continue to work towards releasing the next set of Kin so I hope you all appreciate the hard work and the new art I promise that new Kin are coming soon!
Price Change:

With the changes to the artwork and since development will be reaching a year in a few months we've made the decision to increase the price of the version of the game from $5 to $10. Monster XXXperiment was never intended to be $5 forever and the price was always planned to be increased with time as new milestones are reached. And I feel as though we are close to reaching that first milestone for the first price increase considering the art quality of the game is improving, we're going to have 8 different characters in game soon, and the game at it's current point is becoming more and more polished.

I hope you all don't get to angry at us because of this but it's all for the health of the game and the studio, we have plenty of wonderful talent working on the game and for us to continuing improving the game to make it the game we want in our vision that you all will love to play this price increase will do nothing but good!

This price change will take effect after the following 3 conditions are met:

- All of the game's artwork is finished being remastered.

- We've reached the 1 year development mark (October 2021).

- There is no longer any major bugs outstanding bugs to deal with in the current Pre-Alpha version of the game.

So you all have time to get the full version of the game for $5 while it's available!

Next Kin Update:

Speaking of delays because of everything that happened before our Kin update keeps being delayed further and further back and we apologize to all of you for that! Don't worry the next Kin Update is planned for September if everything goes well!

Currently the writing for the next set of Kin is 25% Complete.

The Pixel Assets is 30% Complete.

The Sprite Artwork is 60% Complete, both of the artist have been paid they're just catching up on the art remaster and will be completing these characters over the next few weeks.

And that's about it for now I will continue to post updates on Patreon and Discord to keep you all up to date. But please don't be surprised if the Kin Update is pushed back until October while we wait for the funding to become available to finish off everything that is needed wish us luck!
CG's for Vallory and Alek:

Since all of the artwork is getting remastered in game we have decided to hold off on relesing the CG's for Vallory and Alek until after their remaster is complete. This is to avoid us doing extra work and causing further delays in the future. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you so much for playing Monster XXXperiment and Supporting AstroKaen!

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
So that means that we don't see any new content for a very long time :cry:
No actually, in our Discord server a number of assets for the new Kin are complete already. We're hoping to get the new Kin update out in September but it's possible that it'll come out in October instead depending on circumstances.

AstroKaen

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Changelog v0.1.7:
Beautiful Beautiful Art Update Part 1!:

Artwork Changes-

Male Player Character Sprites has been reworked.

Female Player Character Sprites has been reworked.

Karen Stephanie Sprites has been reworked.

Male Flare Sprites has been reworked.

Female Flare Sprites has been reworked.

Monster XXXperiment's GUI has a new sleek finish!

Systems-

New Kin Select system v1 has been implemented (May be a bit buggy at the moment will monitor reports)

Gallery placeholder has been implement. (Also may be a bit buggy apologize for any issues.

Changes-

Vallory's diet has been changed to be less confusing to the player.

Bugfixes-

The game should no longer crash randomly.

Other minor bug fixes.

RSonzo

Jul 27, 2017
I'll keep my monocle spectating eye out on this one. A gentleman can only wish for good content to be completed hmm yes quite.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes