VN Ren'Py Abandoned Moonlight Sins [Ch. 1-4] [ThEngineer]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

dan9000

May 21, 2017
Yeah, it has to do with the character name. Does your character have a first and last name? Because that line of code is taking the initials from the name to show them in the bowling minigame score sheet. In this update, I made it so new players can't leave their names blank, but sadly, players who had already played Chapter 1 and didn't have a name or last name will have to start over.

I forgot to mention, but there will definitely be no more deaths happening. I encourage you to try the next update if you have the will to!
yeah it was the name, i started the game again, but i think i my character had a name before thats why i found it weird. Great game btw, i will wait for future updates

Reactions: thengineer

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Wow, after playing the second part I need to say one thing. You really got me hooked, I love your writing, pace of the story so far, beautiful renders...Man I am gonna support you starting february, so I can see the progress of your game. Hang in there man and continue your good work
Thank you so much!!! I got a lot of feedback from people who weren't really fond of the ending, and while I totally understand, it's very refreshing to see someone who liked the full story. So thank you!
yeah it was the name, i started the game again, but i think i my character had a name before thats why i found it weird. Great game btw, i will wait for future updates
That's actually very weird. I took a look in the code and couldn't find why, because I never update those variables. If someone else has that same problem, though, I'll definitely dig deeper into the source.

Reactions: Canto Forte

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Just a quickie - is there a way to force left-align? Centre-align seems to make my eyes go funny (something I just learnt)...

Here is your left-aligned version, for you and anyone else who doesn't like centre-align!
Let me know if it's working alright, I'm not really in a setting where I can test it by myself.

Reactions: Zenithtb

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@thengineer Hehe, you sure did promise me something steamy this update when I said a while back that I sure like Sarah a lot, haha, but I didn't expect that dream sequence of Hannah though, that was great too, haha :p
Was a great update, as I expected it to be, you sure do have some beautiful art here, and the writing is great too, definitely eager for next update :p

P.S. I am saddened about the devastating news MC got at the end, if only that could've been avoided, or...wish it would've been someone else, but at the same time, it didn't really surprise me, given the chosen profession and what she was working on.
Dramatic effect to the story for sure, I just wish it was a ruse or something, or a mistake was made and that the actual person in question is alright :p

Ray1021

Sep 18, 2017
I think the MC would lose it and just drink until he didn't give a shit. Note a good plot device if he is trying to turn his life around.

Snusen

May 27, 2018
I dig it. Altho Sarah BJ scene should have been animated :/ and not the hannah scene to be honest. To me it dosent really make sense. Sarah best girl tho

Reactions: thengineer

raulz0r

Dec 3, 2017
Gotta say I actually like this game, the renders are good, story is not too serious and I love the constant texting it actually feels more real.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
@thengineer Hehe, you sure did promise me something steamy this update when I said a while back that I sure like Sarah a lot, haha, but I didn't expect that dream sequence of Hannah though, that was great too, haha :p
Was a great update, as I expected it to be, you sure do have some beautiful art here, and the writing is great too, definitely eager for next update :p

P.S. I am saddened about the devastating news MC got at the end, if only that could've been avoided, or...wish it would've been someone else, but at the same time, it didn't really surprise me, given the chosen profession and what she was working on.
Dramatic effect to the story for sure, I just wish it was a ruse or something, or a mistake was made and that the actual person in question is alright :p
Sadly, I had to make it happen because it's a really important part to the story... also, more Sarah to come next update, but only through texting!
I think the MC would lose it and just drink until he didn't give a shit. Note a good plot device if he is trying to turn his life around.
I disagree on that, every story needs an inciting incident, and this was it for my story.
I dig it. Altho Sarah BJ scene should have been animated :/ and not the hannah scene to be honest. To me it dosent really make sense. Sarah best girl tho
Believe it or not, I did the animation with Sarah first! But I changed it to Hannah because I wanted a bit more diversity on the sex content.
Gotta say I actually like this game, the renders are good, story is not too serious and I love the constant texting it actually feels more real.
I'm really happy you enjoy it! And there might be someone else to text as well for the next chapter!

Reactions: Canto Forte

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Pretty bummed about the sister, she was the most interesting character so far. Not gonna lie, Acting Lessons has left a pretty shitty taste in my mouth over those kinds of scenes. I guess we will see where it goes but I enjoyed the first episode much more then the second.

Reactions: Spiderfox

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Pretty bummed about the sister, she was the most interesting character so far. Not gonna lie, Acting Lessons has left a pretty shitty taste in my mouth over those kinds of scenes. I guess we will see where it goes but I enjoyed the first episode much more then the second.
I agree with this 100%. AL was devastating, at least here you hadn't had time to get TOO attached before the bomb went off.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Dang, that ending hit me, but it was great, love it all. I'm really enjoying the story, loving the developing love story between the MC and Sarah, and is digging the mystery going on, keep it up.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017

Here is your left-aligned version, for you and anyone else who doesn't like centre-align!
Let me know if it's working alright, I'm not really in a setting where I can test it by myself.
I shall download it and let you (and anyone else interested) know. Many thanks for remembering me!

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Grrrr; 'Payed' <> 'Paid'.*

/PetPeeve!

--

*Unless you mean "Per the OED, the only two senses that allow payed are: “13. Naut. a. (trans.) To let out (a rope or chain) by slackening it, to allow or cause to run out. (Also in reference to something let out by the rope.) Now always with out or away. Also transf. 14. Naut. a. (trans.) To cause (a ship) to fall to leeward, or fall away from the wind."

And I doubt that's what you meant!

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
@thengineer
May I be the first to say 'f-you and your left-justified text. Which worked great, but you're a horrible person'.

Many thanks and I never want to see this game ever again.

(British - dry sense of humour, if people didn't catch that)

dunhill

May 3, 2017
idk but the game so far doesn't run smooth, the pacing is fine but that ending of ch2 was like a left hook out of no where... we'll see where this is going.... btw when is the next update?? 5-6mts??

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes