VN Ren'Py Moonripple Lake [v0.2] [BCG]

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes

Zulfiqar

Sep 16, 2019
Well I played the current version and wow the art is insane, someone hide this game from the AI deniers or they'll be on suicide watch. I mean I guess if I think really hard one game, Vulgar reverie, has art that I prefer over this but every other "pure", non-ai game I've played on here is at best equivalent and most, especially all those atelier sakura games, are WAY behind. Like most AI has terrible issues with consistency, anatomy, and maintaining a consistent style and I just don't see those issues here.

I don't even prefer this flavor of NTS where the MC is a gigachad, his girl a gigastacy, and they start with exhibitionism and soon they're fucking everybody and basically it's all fun and games. I would like something a bit more fraught but that's just my preference, please dev keep cooking.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
good looks good but i'm very tired of sharing game with this concept where you have married and already have the fetish then the entire game is around her having fun and that's it ...

Amakuo

Jun 17, 2021
Not a blocker, but Ren’Py throws this exception when launching 0.2:
Code:
 Exception: Could not find font './fonts/FREESCPT.ttf'.

Linux-5.15.0-119-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.2.2.24061201
Moonripple Lake 0.2
This can be fixed either by renaming the file so the extension is lowercase, or changing the reference to the file so the extension is uppercase.

• Hey there
Reactions: BananaCreamGames

phdusa1

Aug 18, 2018
Repost, sorry old post got removed
Unofficial Android port for Moonripple Lake [v0.2] [BCG]

Download android port v0.2
| |
(399 MB)
Added new links with Fix, everything working now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

*This unofficial port/mod is not released by developer, download at your own risk.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Vika Aske

BananaCreamGames

Moonripple Lake dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2024
The supernatural elements of the game reminded of Dredge :p. I like that there is something else going on in the town to investigate along with the main theme of the game (NTS) since it gives the MC and Suzie possible reasons to move around the island and meet different people.

So far there doesn't seem to be a strong a sub/dom dynamic to Anon and Suzie which is very much like since alot of NTS and NTR games kinda end up going that way. This somehow seems more fun and dynamic.

As for the Art assets it looks pretty consistent which is the most important thing for AI based stuff, and the small variations are not too distracting for the most part.

The limited free room can be interesting but there needs to be more; maybe bonus events etc. beyond just the pixel hunting style stuff like polaroid to make it more meaningful to shift styles from the VN etc.

All in all pretty good so far, best of luck to the dev.

(P.S. to the dev if the please don't get into an argument with people on AI people just have wind takes on both sides of the argument with very little in the way of nuance... like hey you are "stealing Art because using AI" while being on a pirate site. Art is really expensive I understand projects like these wouldn't exactly exist with AI, I get that Artists are getting the short end of the stick but unfortunately the gene is out the bottle now. As I 100% get that no results from an AI is just 1 and done without a significant amount of "post-processing" to get it into a useable state.)
Thanks for the kinds words :)
Checked Dredge out, looks cool.
I agree with you on the free-roam, and exploration events are definitely planned, otherwise I wouldn't bother making a freeroam system haha.

BananaCreamGames Well, I finished the current build(I somehow missed the first of the Ep2 polaroids). I like what I saw so far, especially the line about asking her if she would make out with a guy or GIRL(would be my choice), if he wanted her to do so. You have a new patron, for now at least, I like the characters so far and the story, as long as it doesn't get too dark.

I lived in the lifestyle for about 15 years, until covid did a number on me. Me and my partner never played alone nor did we do the cuckold thing. We either fucked while others watched us, did threesomes or couple swapping, in the same room. I even acted as a bull, along with my partner, for a cuckold guy, who was a cool person, fwiw. I just never could put myself in that situation and I never wanted to put her in that type of situation either. We just liked to have sex around or with others. Also, no playing with others without both of us involved, not a true open relationship. It was just safer that way, both emotionally and in regards to possible stds. When we did couple swap or have a threesome, always use condoms.

It is really rare to find a well written story that ticks my boxes, with good characters, both artistically and emotionally. So many games out there that are either vanilla, harem or cuckold only. Not many for those of from the swingers lifestyle.
Thank you for the support, and I'm glad you liked the game!
I completely understand you not wanting to be the cuckold. There will be situations where you might doubt Suzie's loyalty but in the end, I plan on keeping her true. (Maybe an additional NTR heavy route after game is done)

The exe got deleted by win defefender. A virus apparently...
Ren'py distributions are sometimes flagged as a false positives.
I didn't archive the code (except for the gallery unlock code with the password). So you can see everything. Even the archived part is easily 'unren'-able. There are no shady python modules used in the code either. What I distributed is clean.

Not a blocker, but Ren’Py throws this exception when launching 0.2:
Code:
 Exception: Could not find font './fonts/FREESCPT.ttf'.

Linux-5.15.0-119-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.2.2.24061201
Moonripple Lake 0.2
This can be fixed either by renaming the file so the extension is lowercase, or changing the reference to the file so the extension is uppercase.
Huh. Didn't know linux to be so case-sensitive. I'll re-release along with other fixes in a week or two. Thanks!

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
I though this is netorare but after saw mc big dick and the interaction with his gf, i think this is more towards sharing. Reminds me of deliverance but with AI :D and at least on that sharing part :D

and i saw the femboy card, will we get the scene in the future?

Reactions: Fyo

nunzio2016

May 12, 2020
Hey all...based on the other ones, it seems like it should be pretty easy but, I CANNOT find polaroid 1 and 3 in Ep. 2?!?
Like, WTF?
Any help would be awesome please...and thanks

Also. Great fkn game :)

Reactions: sudolink

sudolink

Feb 14, 2024
Hey all...based on the other ones, it seems like it should be pretty easy but, I CANNOT find polaroid 1 and 3 in Ep. 2?!?
Like, WTF?
Any help would be awesome please...and thanks

Also. Great fkn game :)
Yeah we need a walkthrough in future releases.
The 1st one you get by inspecting the painting by the stairs for the 2nd time.
the 3rd you get by looking at the mirror in the hallway, but after you've been to the bathroom.

BananaCreamGames

Moonripple Lake dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2024
When's the next update maybe out? This and My new girlfriend are top Ai vns
Hey thanks for the kind words!
I'm shooting for ~mid October.

Yeah we need a walkthrough in future releases.
The 1st one you get by inspecting the painting by the stairs for the 2nd time.
the 3rd you get by looking at the mirror in the hallway, but after you've been to the bathroom.
Yeah... I know :D

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes