Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.3.0c] [Droid Productions]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

FarBonoFar

Jul 14, 2019
I still love her, but no... in Morningstar Katie, actually, is the one that's pushing hard for LI status. Emily's playing hard to get, so it's going to be a fun challenge to talk her into it. We still haven't seen some of the other recurring souls (Molly and Bella), so... that's another hurdle to deal with; they'll be joining in Act II.
Damn, I love me some LI choosing and different branches, but looking at this story as a world where MC and Emily don't meant to be together. And remembering that in such world it wold be easy to imagine MC and Katie together, with combat being match 3 as a probable nudge to that, that sound kinda cool even without choose.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Well I guess my feeling of LoM-2 being rushed and filled with lazy plot holes was correct one and now you're completely fallen for a quick bucks - reusing same assets again in a different world&story >_<

Sigh. Thank you for this release - you'd saved me from wasting time&money on LoM-3 too. I was absolutely @#$% off by ending of second part - there are very few things more stupid then replay of Avengers "no-we-will-replay-ending-in-next-series" but you'd managed it lol.

P.S. Serious - same assets reused in next game and there are several happy comments on it. I guess our world is totally broken and corrupt without salvation now.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
The underlying logic is inspired by the eternal hero mythos, the idea that a soul (or souls) can be destined to be reincarnated to fight for the good guys again and again.

It was partially nspired by all the discussions about souls and reincarnation in book 3.
thanks for explaining,I won't say no to more of those girls. Is emily the main LI in this one as well or do we get to choose one ourselves?

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Well I guess my feeling of LoM-2 being rushed and filled with lazy plot holes was correct one and now you're completely fallen for a quick bucks - reusing same assets again in a different world&story >_<

Sigh. Thank you for this release - you'd saved me from wasting time&money on LoM-3 too. I was absolutely @#$% off by ending of second part - there are very few things more stupid then replay of Avengers "no-we-will-replay-ending-in-next-series" but you'd managed it lol.

P.S. Serious - same assets reused in next game and there are several happy comments on it. I guess our world is totally broken and corrupt without salvation now.
oh no,the girls everyone loved are used more-the horror. Not to mention there are like 10 daz models reused over and over with different hair and morphing across the entirety of adult gaming.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
oh no,the girls everyone loved are used more-the horror. Not to mention there are like 10 daz models reused over and over with different hair and morphing across the entirety of adult gaming.
The game is CLEARLY lacking of Bella and Foxy though!!! THAT is the crime committed here!

Imagine the MC, Bella and Foxy, all running around, at 30KM/h, with pups following them... A perfect family right there!

• Red Heart

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
thanks for explaining,I won't say no to more of those girls. Is emily the main LI in this one as well or do we get to choose one ourselves?
I am honestly still looking at that. Katie's pushing hard to be an alternate LI, and I could totally see a dual LI in this game, for various reasons. Having *every* LI be a primary LI would bore me, and end with a bad game, but I could see myself doing it twice.

It fits with other things are well (Match3 as the theme, Katie's stint as a MC in LoM); she's always been meant to be the second LI, except life (and Emily) blocked her.

hope_and_determination.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just gona ask this for everyone's sake, but, can we "put our dick in crazy" this time? *grins*
By and large, I don't let MC do things that seems stupid to me. Closest we got in Love of Magic was the Sarah striptease event, and we all know how that ended up :)

Kids, don't put your dick in crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: ArhraCole and SBS

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
By and large, I don't let MC do things that seems stupid to me. Closest we got in Love of Magic was the Sarah striptease event, and we all know how that ended up :)

Kids, don't put your dick in crazy.
I meant, her yes, but I'm hoping she won't be crazy in this one? You know, give her a chance to get to know her, in depth?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I meant, her yes, but I'm hoping she won't be crazy in this one? You know, give her a chance to get to know her, in depth?
Nah, the number of character rejoining is pretty limited. MC, Emily, Katie... Molly, Bella, Chloe, Snowdrop.
The rest are all new.

MC in Morningstar's far more world wise, and dirty. A fundamental aspect of LoM's MC was his naivety and his innocence; Morningstar's MC's got miles on the clock, and shit he wishes he hasn't done. He wouldn't react to Sarah the same way.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Well, that was nice, if a tad short.

I still had some (at least two, assuming no others pops up after" ! " left over, but ran out of days, despite being very conservative with my time.

I think the timing may be a bit too aggressive on this one, the player did not seem like having many opportunities to do free stuff, and when he had, there were rarely any "!" available.

Maybe some should not take an actual portion of time, since they would not be lengthy? Like small discussions, or having a coffee with X or Y? I mean, some were literally a couple of minutes worth, 1h at best. Just a suggestion of course.

I also failed a charisma check with the secretary girly.
I'd suggest, maybe, adding some pointers on the "targets" upcoming in the various dialogues, as those would likely be some saucy scenes at some point, it'd be a shame to miss them because we're lacking a point or two, and had no way to know early on :)

1688831848336.png

See what I mean? I had the experience of your previous games, and still managed to miss virtually all the scenes apparently :S

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Nah, the number of character rejoining is pretty limited. MC, Emily, Katie... Molly, Bella, Chloe, Snowdrop.
The rest are all new.

MC in Morningstar's far more world wise, and dirty. A fundamental aspect of LoM's MC was his naivety and his innocence; Morningstar's MC's got miles on the clock, and shit he wishes he hasn't done. He wouldn't react to Sarah the same way.
Sure, but each character is different, some with a different personality and background.
I was only talking about her model of course :) Not the actual character, since evethough they have the same models and names, they are different people, with a different history as well.

But oh well, maybe in the next game then....... please? :D

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well, that was nice, if a tad short.

I still had some (at least two, assuming no others pops up after" ! " left over, but ran out of days, despite being very conservative with my time.

I think the timing may be a bit too aggressive on this one, the player did not seem like having many opportunities to do free stuff, and when he had, there were rarely any "!" available.

Maybe some should not take an actual portion of time, since they would not be lengthy? Like small discussions, or having a coffee with X or Y? I mean, some were literally a couple of minutes worth, 1h at best. Just a suggestion of course.
Yeah, there's a LOT of sandbox events. You can load the end of act save, and keep going to explore them (Lin and Snowdrop especially).

I think the earliest anyone's complete all content is day 39, so... lots of content left :)

Sane82

Aug 23, 2022
Downloaded and start playing. I know it will be amazing, after all it is a Droid game. I had a great experience with the 3 LOM games just hoping there won't be another Bella surprise here lol

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes