Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.3.0c] [Droid Productions]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Quick note; like in Love of Magic you can load the automatic 'end of act' save, and continue playing. Once Act II is out, Emily will bring you back to where you need to be with any resources/side quests completed.

In this case that's probably useful, because there's no way to exhaust the side-content in the 16 days of the mainline story; fastest anyone's done it (for the poor guys that maintain the wiki while I kept moving things around) was day 39.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boobs Lover

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is the girl going to be the main LI again? I really don't want to romance her again.
Love of Magic was an Arthurian romance, so the ideals of One True Love was much more central. In this one I'm toying with the idea of letting you chose a main LI (from a couple of options). There's always going to be characters that are entirely optional (like Lin, or Gabby), but whether this is a single primary LI, or multiple LIs (for example Emily or Katie), is up in the air. I don't want to make *too* many branches like that, since it obviously multiplies up the content, but both of them are strong contenders.

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
Love of Magic was an Arthurian romance, so the ideals of One True Love was much more central. In this one I'm toying with the idea of letting you chose a main LI (from a couple of options). There's always going to be characters that are entirely optional (like Lin, or Gabby), but whether this is a single primary LI, or multiple LIs (for example Emily or Katie), is up in the air. I don't want to make *too* many branches like that, since it obviously multiplies up the content, but both of them are strong contenders.
Hopefully I get to chooses girls other then Emily, she was pretty alright in Love of Magic, but some variety would be great.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hopefully I get to chooses girls other then Emily, she was pretty alright in Love of Magic, but some variety would be great.
I still love her, but no... in Morningstar Katie, actually, is the one that's pushing hard for LI status. Emily's playing hard to get, so it's going to be a fun challenge to talk her into it. We still haven't seen some of the other recurring souls (Molly and Bella), so... that's another hurdle to deal with; they'll be joining in Act II.

fantasygrounds

May 3, 2023
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in and congratulate you on this milestone. I don't often do the Patreon thing but I absolutely support developers that put their content on platforms like Steam or GOG.

Wishlisted both LOM III and this on Steam. Looking forward to it and God's speed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Droid Productions

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
This was great. The only real points of feedback I can give you at the moment are that combat feels like it takes a long time but I'd probably chalk that up to my unfamiliarity with the system and not having gigastats like I had in LoM, but I felt like it was dragging on after a while. Other than that, the Facial sections could use some UI tweaking. There were multiple times where I was dropped into a Facial conversation and I had no idea who was speaking until I scrolled up or caught the right context clues. Some kind of profile picture somewhere or even just the name of the contact at the top of the app to establish identity would be great here.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Best of luck Droid!

MorningstarBookOfTheFallen-0.1.0d
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Metalmatt

Dec 27, 2021
Loved your Love of Magic series. Glad to see you are already working on a new project, as crazy as this one sounds even. I'll keep tabs on this!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I see combat it's going to be match 3. Katie's style :LOL:.
Pity, I've mastered poker by now...
Yeah, there was a big ass grin on my face when I went... "what's combat this time... how about *match 3*".

It fits, since I think of all the girls Katie's the one that's got the most emotional development so far.

Having said that, I loved Puzzle Quest, so it's fun looking at how I take a game mechanic like that and bring it back to the AVN space.

Aizen Myo

Mar 23, 2022
Yeah, there was a big ass grin on my face when I went... "what's combat this time... how about *match 3*".

It fits, since I think of all the girls Katie's the one that's got the most emotional development so far.

Having said that, I loved Puzzle Quest, so it's fun looking at how I take a game mechanic like that and bring it back to the AVN space.
I'll be honest, when I first played Love of Magic a long time ago I thought "Poker? What??", but you made it a nice experience. The system where you can combine poker moves with gems, the way your power increases so you can use more powerful gems in lower tier moves like pairs and threes etc, the big WOW moments when you get a Royal Straight Flush. Made the combat really fun.
I hope you can achieve the same in this new system.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'll be honest, when I first played Love of Magic a long time ago I thought "Poker? What??", but you made it a nice experience. The system where you can combine poker moves with gems, the way your power increases so you can use more powerful gems in lower tier moves like pairs and threes etc, the big WOW moments when you get a Royal Straight Flush. Made the combat really fun.
I hope you can achieve the same in this new system.
That's the plan :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aizen Myo

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Droid Productions I believe there are two mistakes in the first training with the cute asian chick:

"Sure thing.First...your fighting stance. Left foot foward,back foot back (...) "
It should probably be: "left foot forward, right foot back."

*note to self: do NOT slap Emily's butt in that game.*

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes