Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And with that, Morningstar enters NextFest. For the normies out there, this will be the first chance to try it... let's hope they like it :) There's a free demo on the Steam page, if you prefer your games on Steam, and the save files are of course compatible with the ones here (and the final game).

If you're enjoying it, give it a wishlist; it's a free and easy way to really help the game out at launch!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
darcy_15_molly1.png

What my colleague is trying to say, Lordling, is that <i>you</i> have fucked up beyond anyone’s willingness to save your worthless carcass. You have two choices. The Arena, and trial by Combat...
Or I’ll let you borrow Morseling’s little… toy… and go out on your own terms. That is all the mercy your broken Oaths still entitle you to.

Mar 27, 2019
View attachment 3343269

What my colleague is trying to say, Lordling, is that <i>you</i> have fucked up beyond anyone’s willingness to save your worthless carcass. You have two choices. The Arena, and trial by Combat...
Or I’ll let you borrow Morseling’s little… toy… and go out on your own terms. That is all the mercy your broken Oaths still entitle you to.

Reactions: Droid Productions

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
View attachment 3343269

LOL. I have a sister named Molly so I changed Molly's name to Imogen all the way back in book one and forgot that she was named Molly. Now I see her named Molly again and twist up in shame and dismay remembering all the scenes from LOM. Morningstar is going to be all kinds of fun.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
LOL. I have a sister named Molly so I changed Molly's name to Imogen all the way back in book one and forgot that she was named Molly. Now I see her named Molly again and twist up in shame and dismay remembering all the scenes from LOM. Morningstar is going to be all kinds of fun.
Writing Molly's personality for Morningstar's a LOT of fun; in LoM she was usually on her best behavior around MC, so you only saw the results of her freewheeling ways by little hints she drops. In Morningstar there's no brakes like that :)

Progress wise I'm now done up to day 53. End of Act III is day 54, so most of the mainline content is in.
I've got some more optional content to put together (side events, etc), and then I'll spend some time with the combat minigame.

Oh dear, Morseling… I’ve been a very naughty girl. You’ll have to punish me…
View attachment pan.mp4

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, Morningstar's updated into Act III!
darcy_15_molly2.png

Morningstar 0.3.0c
Win64: - - - -
Win32: - - - -
OSX: - - - -
Linux: - - - -

So, what's new?
- The in-game calendar moves from Day 35-54, adding 30+ new timeline events
- Advances Lin's questline, Snowdrops questline and Katja's questline.
- Updates the combat mechanics and adds gamepad support.

Full changelog
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As always, click the wishlist button if you're enjoying the game; it's a free and easy way to help the game at launch!​

Tayonae

Jul 6, 2021
Started a new game and cannot get past the visitor registration screen, pressing "enter" does nothing.
Awesome game as always though.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Started a new game and cannot get past the visitor registration screen, pressing "enter" does nothing.
Awesome game as always though.
That's... new. Someone did mention they needed to press enter twice, but being STUCK should not be the case.

Edit: Just gave it a quick test; the Tab/Auto advance doesn't work as it should (likely I broke something adding controller support), but selecting the field entering text and pressing enter works. Note that it won't let you leave until you have both a valid first and second name.

Tayonae

Jul 6, 2021
Thanks for the swift reply, seems it didn't like my name.:p Changed and entered twice, is working now (y)(y)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Sorry to be a bother, but I'm stuck on the Ah Long Holdings login screen. Is there a specific name to input or something?

Peace :(

EDIT: Solved (no clue how, just kept pressing enter for a full minute or so)

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sorry to be a bother, but I'm stuck on the Ah Long Holdings login screen. Is there a specific name to input or something?

Peace :(
Nah, anything as long as you give both a first and last name (it won't let you do an empty name).

It used to handle that cleaner (switching to the empty on automatically). I appear to have broken something while implementing gamepad support. Will fix shortly/

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Can you give us the ability to rename end of act saves? Want to be able to keep track path they're on

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can you give us the ability to rename end of act saves? Want to be able to keep track path they're on
Harder, sadly. The end of act saves are auto-generated, so... your next pass through will overwrite the previous one. I'd recommend using a manual save for tracking paths.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Harder, sadly. The end of act saves are auto-generated, so... your next pass through will overwrite the previous one. I'd recommend using a manual save for tracking paths.
Okay. That seems less than ideal in a game which encourages you to maintain saves on multiple paths but can work with it

connor1518

Apr 6, 2022
Nice to see familiar faces back and what I consider some of the most attractive models in VNs. A Thank you to Droid for giving us more time with them. I look forward to playing this.

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes