Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oi, Dev;

Do you have issue with GoFile or something; and what about girls... they look -more or less- the same... I think I'm gonna address you as Adolf now on, you are the Fuhrer of fetishists.
I usually try to add a gofile mirror; I find them useful and quick. In this case, my uploads kept timing out, so I said fuckit. Might try again later and see if I have more luck.

A few characters return from Love of Magic; Emily and Katie, primarily, representing the two main storylines and LIs in the game. Snowdrop returns in a supporting role, as does Chloe (who was originally in Making Movies). In addition to that the MC is the same (with various modifications to de-fae him), and Bella and Molly also rejoin the cast. The why is tied to the idea of reincarnation, and the eternal hero mythos; a group of friends destined to be reincarnated across time and place to fight evil together.

Others are of course new; Lin broke out of plot-jail and even made it to the banner. Mu Lau and Saffron, Saoe, Gabby, Katja and a number of others join the cast. The final Love of Magic cast was 87, if I recall, so it's only the ones I loved the most that made the jump.
patreon_banner.jpg

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
More snowdrop please! That image of her in the cocktail glass is one of my favorites of all time.
Oh, Snowdrop completely broke free of my intended plans for her in Morningstar. I love her questline, both the sexy parts, and the more gritty ones (Bottle service is one of my favorite parts of the game).

The fact that she's big enough to actually make her dreams come true will (eventually) help.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not sure if you couldn't see, it wasn't my turn. I couldn't do anything. I waited 5 mins and nothing happened and clicking did nothing
It's strange, because that should still be in the process of firing (it's got a valid 3x skulls).

Do you have the player.log? It'll be in the save folder:

PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Morningstar
Mac:
Saves: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Morningstar
Player.log: ~/Library/Logs/Droid Productions/Morningstar/Player.log
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Morningstar

Apr 29, 2021
Droid Productions Just caught up with all the recent content of the game and definitely it is one to watch for on Steam, have liked what you have done with the Paths by bifurcating routes for Em and Katie to an extent, which makes it pleasing as it will give proper limelight to Katie though also allowing players who are admirers of Serra to enjoy her grace as well lol. Though think like the book 3 of LoM this feeling which was there of when the music concludes where the MC would be standing is kinda somewhat similar with Serra, like at this instant hard to say if near the conclusion of the story are they going to get a similar wholesome conclusion like the Eternal Summer which was delightful after all that had happened in Book 2&3, so maybe something to that might follow with MS in the content ahead. Also expect you have a nice year ahead with success, that is if it is already the 1st in the location you are in, or warm greetings in prior advance!

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions Just caught up with all the recent content of the game and definitely it is one to watch for on Steam, have liked what you have done with the Paths by bifurcating routes for Em and Katie to an extent, which makes it pleasing as it will give proper limelight to Katie though also allowing players who are admirers of Serra to enjoy her grace as well lol. Though think like the book 3 of LoM this feeling which was there of when the music concludes where the MC would be standing is kinda somewhat similar with Serra, like at this instant hard to say if near the conclusion of the story are they going to get a similar wholesome conclusion like the Eternal Summer which was delightful after all that had happened in Book 2&3, so maybe something to that might follow with MS in the content ahead. Also expect you have a nice year ahead with success, that is if it is already the 1st in the location you are in, or warm greetings in prior advance!

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)
Yeah, I felt bad for how I treated Katie in Love of Magic; she gets the short end of the stick a surprising number of times, and she really deserves better. In Morningstar I try to give it to her :)

Book of the Fallen isn't planned to be a massive trilogy in the way of LoM, but I'm hoping to have 3 or 4 happy endings, depending on choices and paths taken in-game.

Reactions: ArhraCole
Apr 29, 2021
Yeah, I felt bad for how I treated Katie in Love of Magic; she gets the short end of the stick a surprising number of times, and she really deserves better. In Morningstar I try to give it to her :)

Book of the Fallen isn't planned to be a massive trilogy in the way of LoM, but I'm hoping to have 3 or 4 happy endings, depending on choices and paths taken in-game.
Yea certainly the pacing seems different and while due to the greed of your quality content do want more than 1 book of MS but guess you know better as the Dev and think there'll also be no pregnancy this time around, although being with Serra at the conclusion will be highly desirable and delightful as guess right now she does hints on leaving MC alone after concluding the mission something she has done previously also as mentioned by herself only. In LoM too she was hesitant about how things would work between her and MC though Geas helped both of them, will be interesting how it pans out this time around; can rely on you to make it a cracker plot especially after what happened in the whole LoM trilogy, it was literally so hard to theory craft anything for the acts ahead, so yea think it'll be same this time around lol

Thanks for replying back Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
compressed version?
There isn't one. In general, you can compress HTML and Renpy; Unity is harder to compress. Obviously it's internally compressed, but the videos and images take a certain amount of space. Usually, when you see a "compressed" version it's a Renpy version somone's re-encoded all the PNGs into WebP (a lossy, JPG-like format) and compressed all the videos into lower-res WebM.

Anyway, all of that's non-trivial for Unity games, and it's not as if this is a genuinely outsized game (yet).

• Sad
Reactions: homor
4.90 star(s) 12 Votes