Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i dont want to be an asshole but...

people giving instant 5 stars without even playing the game, just because it's THIS DEV that do it.

that's honestly ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. I mean... at least play the game before ranking it and dont just give max rank because of reputation or else. That's what the ranking system is made for.
if game is nice, then go for it. but stop with the "Wow it's the messiah! let give him 5 stars straigth up without knowing anything about what coming out here".
With this in mind, small devs would never grow and big devs will pop out shit, knowing people will anyway upvote it, before being dissapointed in mass and rage about it. ( that happened to much already, i wont name them, but you surely know a dev or two in this situation. )

yeah... my POV... just respect ranking system please and use it as it's supposed to be used, AKA... ranking the game's content. Not who is doing it or the reputation based on others work made before.

i know this message is going to be deleted instantly, as this can create a hate/shit fire in the thread. But i still wanted to say that. People need to "think" before "act". Just an advice to everybody.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

*chicken out!*

PS: No, i didn't progressed in english...And i will continu to consider "Womens" As a word. :p

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
people giving instant 5 stars without even playing the game, just because it's THIS DEV that do it.

that's honestly ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. I mean... at least play the game before ranking it and dont just give max rank because of reputation or else. That's what the ranking system is made for.
As much as I love both LoM and MBotF, I have to agree that it's hard to give credence to a reviewer that admits he hasn't even read what he's reviewing; bit of an oxymoron there. If you feel strongly, you can report the review and I'm sure a moderator will remove it. Jus' Sayin' :cool:

Edit: I forgot to say; speaking of reading, I'll be doing that, as soon as my download is finished. I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: Droid Productions

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Probably right.

So. If you played the game and enjoyed it, do leave a review :)
I will definitely do that. Probably later today... tomorrow at the latest. I will start over and play thru the current update first, so everything is fresh in my mind. Just so you know... Since I've played LoM from start to finish at least a half dozen times... and since I have already played MBotF act 1 and loved it... I will be giving a 5 star review... Jus' Sayin' :cool::p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
(Shifting this back, so we don't muck up Talorath's thread :D )
While my purse thanks you, does that mean you're sticking to single stories like this or do you have another big one in the works for later down the road?

Just curious is all. I totally understand wanting to do smaller projects, LoM was a huge undertaking.
No, not necessarily; each story takes the time it needs to take. For LoM it was always conceptualized as a trilogy, moving from slice-of-life, through military fantasy and into ascension fantasy.

Morningstar's inspired by 80s/90s movies like Highlander, The Crow and Rocky, and honestly... most of those would have been better without sequels ;)

Reactions: TheGremlin21

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Morningstar's inspired by 80s/90s movies like Highlander, The Crow and Rocky, and honestly... most of those would have been better without sequels ;)
As much as this hurts me to say .... Highlander could have done with a lot less movies .... like, maybe just keep it at one.

I loved the first Highlander movie, I even loved the series but the films just got weird.

The Crow is an amazing movie. I can't say I hated the sequels though. Granted they were nowhere near on the level of Brandon Lee's movie but they were mindless fun.

I think Rocky is the only one that stayed good.

Reactions: motseer and EJW

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
As much as this hurts me to say .... Highlander could have done with a lot less movies .... like, maybe just keep it at one.

I loved the first Highlander movie, I even loved the series but the films just got weird.

The Crow is an amazing movie. I can't say I hated the sequels though. Granted they were nowhere near on the level of Brandon Lee's movie but they were mindless fun.

I think Rocky is the only one that stayed good.
I think Highlander, in particular, was the one I was talking about :) Anyways, I'll tell this story, and see what it brings me. There is a larger world, and unlike LoM I'm not writing the ending on this one with the firm intention to never return to the world, but I also have a very specific story with MC/Emily/Katie that I want to tell, and that one doesn't need a trilogy to do properly.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
The win32 version is for 32-bit operating systems, but otherwise it is the same as the win64 version?
I don't know much about this matters :ROFLMAO:.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The win32 version is for 32-bit operating systems, but otherwise it is the same as the win64 version?
I don't know much about this matters :ROFLMAO:.
Correct. They're just two different unity builds.

I'd grab the win64 unless you really are still on a non-64 bit OS.

Reactions: PickerLewd
4.90 star(s) 12 Votes