Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
now that L.o.M. is done do you know how often this one will get a release?
There's two answers to that one. I'm hoping to push a new build to Steam today (0.1.2), which will complete Day 16 and likely start day 17. After that there's 1-2 updates / week, some adding a new day, others improving the combat system or adding side-events. I give steam keys to all patreons/subscribestar, which is the way it gets tested.

At some point I'll reach the end of the Act (around day 35), and I'll do a public release. That's probably ~2 months away (usually updates take 6-8 weeks).

Koneko Toujou

Apr 30, 2019
There's two answers to that one. I'm hoping to push a new build to Steam today (0.1.2), which will complete Day 16 and likely start day 17. After that there's 1-2 updates / week, some adding a new day, others improving the combat system or adding side-events. I give steam keys to all patreons/subscribestar, which is the way it gets tested.

At some point I'll reach the end of the Act (around day 35), and I'll do a public release. That's probably ~2 months away (usually updates take 6-8 weeks).
oh thats neat sound good to me
i would love to test it but me and steam dont get along which is sad cause i so wanted to try that card game you helped out on

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Going very well so far .... So glad I can auto the match 3 stuff, though :cool:
Yeah, it's humming along atm. With Love of Magic finally done I'm back to working on Morningstar. First couple of days of Act II (Spread your wings) is up on the Beta branch now... I have dreams of getting to Day 23 by the end of the weekend.

Reactions: BruceCM and motseer

SheepMeUp

Mar 11, 2018
Is that a tail or a plug out of Molly's behind?
Anyways, happy to see more of her. She's my fav from L.o.M. and could've had some more screen time. Thanks for your hard work :)

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
It's already a month later and I still can't find your Morningstar on Steam. Did you publish it with a new name?
It was there as part of development branch... MS is not there yet...MS was removed from development branch when Book 3 was completed and releasedAND today it is only accessible to patreon subs

SmeltedPickle

Feb 27, 2018
Droid Oh Thank you finally a combat minigame that I know Bejeweled ( or as I like to remember it the DS version of Puzzle quest).

Not gonna lie when I saw the pics, my first thought was "is this a reincarnation sequel to LOM?", but well we will see soon first I gotta go through LOM then I can enjoy the sweet sweet Sequel/not sequel to the Texas hold 'em simulator ;).

Cheers to you my good man :coffee:

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Oh Thank you finally a combat minigame that I know Bejeweled ( or as I like to remember it the DS version of Puzzle quest).

Not gonna lie when I saw the pics, my first thought was "is this a reincarnation sequel to LOM?", but well we will see soon first I gotta go through LOM then I can enjoy the sweet sweet Sequel/not sequel to the Texas hold 'em simulator ;).

Cheers to you my good man :coffee:
Not a sequel :)
It's got a multiverse angle, with the same souls in a new world, but it's a very different universe, and (apart from some in-jokes) there's no need to have played one for the other.

The key inspirations for the combat minigame was Puzzle Quest and Gems of War. Hope you enjoy it :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
so when can we expect the next update for this one im so excited and ready for it
Day 27 is done and out on the development branch. I had my 3090 die on me last week, but the repair company claims the main PC (with a shiny new 4090) should be done today. If all goes well I've got a handful of renders to complete before adding another 4-5 days and a big side-event to the development branch.

As for closing up the act and getting it out? Likely longer. Before Xmas, I'm hoping... failing that before the end of the year. Between family and flexible media it's an insane month.

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes