Unity Morningstar: Book of the Fallen [v0.4.0] [Droid Productions]

4.90 star(s) 12 Votes

Koneko Toujou

Apr 30, 2019
Day 27 is done and out on the development branch. I had my 3090 die on me last week, but the repair company claims the main PC (with a shiny new 4090) should be done today. If all goes well I've got a handful of renders to complete before adding another 4-5 days and a big side-event to the development branch.

As for closing up the act and getting it out? Likely longer. Before Xmas, I'm hoping... failing that before the end of the year. Between family and flexible media it's an insane month.
yeah i get that my 3090 died on me like 6 months ago got me a 4090 to replace it gotta say im not disappointed either hope everything goes smothly now

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
yeah i get that my 3090 died on me like 6 months ago got me a 4090 to replace it gotta say im not disappointed either hope everything goes smothly now
*Smoothly* is a broad phrase.
While testing they decided my main SSD was broken, then they decided my motherboard required replacing. Spent the last 4 hrs reinstalling stuff, only for unity to cock-block me. And of course it's friday, so... "please contact support"? Yeah, good luck.

Anyways, we roll with the punches and move forward... the only thing you can do. At least I can render again, and worst comes to worst I can do the unity assembly on my laptop over the weekend. It's... not ideal, but it is what it is.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
While testing they decided my main SSD was broken, then they decided my motherboard required replacing. Spent the last 4 hrs reinstalling stuff, only for unity to cock-block me. And of course it's friday, so... "please contact support"? Yeah, good luck.

Anyways, we roll with the punches and move forward... the only thing you can do. At least I can render again, and worst comes to worst I can do the unity assembly on my laptop over the weekend. It's... not ideal, but it is what it is.
No backups?

Koneko Toujou

Apr 30, 2019

i been there many a time got tired of the whole contact support thing so i went to college for computer repair and programming and do all my own work on my computers now

LadySmoks

Apr 21, 2020
No backups?
Sounds like a hardware issue, rather than software or materials. I know that I do not have 2 computers with every tool (software program) to do what I do... which is not great renders or animations. And from the sound of it, it seems that Droid Productions computer is a tad high end to have a spare sitting around as a back up.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
No backups?
I have backups, of course. And all code exists in a git repo in the cloud. It just means I need to reinstall all the software; daz, unity, AE, photoshop, etc. Not terrible, just work.

Having said that, them switching out the MB and M2 SSD free of charge *was* nice... it's rare to find that level of service these days.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
I have backups, of course. And all code exists in a git repo in the cloud. It just means I need to reinstall all the software; daz, unity, AE, photoshop, etc. Not terrible, just work.

Having said that, them switching out the MB and M2 SSD free of charge *was* nice... it's rare to find that level of service these days.
Not being a shill, but I use Aoemi Backuper for my system. I've restored my laptop's HD from an image multiple times very easily (because I keep switching between Windows and Linux) It works very well. Good enough that I purchased a license for automatic backups.

I know you probably already have a backup solution, but having an image to restore the drive makes it incredibly easy to recover. Plus, they have a free option!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
katie_rock_theme.png

A couple of weeks ago I contacted awesome musician (who also made a ) about commissioning a custom sound-track for Katie in Morningstar. As I write Act II I found that Katie's branch needs some special love, so I asked him to make three theme songs (Rock, Romance and Epic) that share central themes and riffs. Here's the Rock theme:

clitcommander

Feb 22, 2018
View attachment 3137716

A couple of weeks ago I contacted awesome musician (who also made a ) about commissioning a custom sound-track for Katie in Morningstar. As I write Act II I found that Katie's branch needs some special love, so I asked him to make three theme songs (Rock, Romance and Epic) that share central themes and riffs. Here's the Rock theme:
Katie love always <3
Though I'm still trying to adjust to the lack of a brogue

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
New public Patreon post:

Second of the three theme songs for Katie (once again written by the awesome ) is now live. It's also showing up ingame, with the build having reach day 35 (end of Act II).

With that, I've got one more event to write, some smaller cleanup and setup to do, and Act II will be complete. By next weekend, hopefully.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
patreon_banner.jpg

TL;DR?
Morningstar Act II (Spread Your Wings) is now complete, adding another 19 days worth of content, and advancing both Lin and Snowdrop's big side-quests.

Testing it a bit more on Steam, but should be ready for play this weekend.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Act II (Spread Your Wings update)

Adds in 19 new days worth of content and more additional optional content.

If you're enjoying it, don't forget to give it a wishlist on Steam!

Changelog
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win32: - - PIXELDRAIN -
Win64: - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Linux: - - PIXELDRAIN -

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Will this be a Three Act storyline? If so, I am tempted to wait until it is complete because one of the things I loved about my run-through of LoM is that I was able to maintain continuity through to the end. BTW, I love how this reality appears to fit into your multiverse.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I commissioned a set of three tracks from for Katie's ingame sequence.

Katie's Epic Track:

Katie's Rock Track:

Katie's Romance Track:

A huge thanks to my that helped make that purchase possible.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Will this be a Three Act storyline? If so, I am tempted to wait until it is complete because one of the things I loved about my run-through of LoM is that I was able to maintain continuity through to the end. BTW, I love how this reality appears to fit into your multiverse.
Edit: (I assume you mean "3 book", not 3 act :)

Probably not :)

Love of Magic took 4 years to build, and that's counting the crazy lock-downs of meant all I could do was stay at home, work, drink and curse like Katie. I'm hoping to make something I can finish in 1-2 years :) Likely 7-8 acts, in a single release.

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker
4.90 star(s) 12 Votes