SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I have the same error. I put the files in the "game" folder and replaced the original files. I don't know if I'm doing it right.

As I've said here, I need more information than that. I'm using the compressed version, no saves, and all I changed was stepmom to mom, and some other dialogue like from this example screen shot. Are you getting it on new game, on loading old saves, what? Attach a save before the error happens, and I'll see if I get same error.

Reactions: interblade

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I just played it; it was nice, although I think the dev missed a chance for a super hot scene if the mom flashed her tits on the mirror to tease the MC while trying some costume. I know she was a bit reluctant, but tbh, she was using his dick a measure of how hot the costumes were and that very night she fucked him. A scene like that would have been perfectly fine and so fucking hot. Anyways, cool game, I'll keep an eye on updates.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
I know you were not, I wasn't trying to sound like you were, so sorry if I did.

But you didn't say where your errors were, what location, scene, and so forth.

I am using the compressed version, but like I said I've run through it twice and not had any errors.

But like I said, the more information the better to tell exactly what's going on to see if patch related or "game related". Maybe even attach a save file right before some errors start.
Certainly. I used the 'word' "shit-ton" because the game was glitching every 3-4 frames. By frames I mean dialogue changes. It was unending. There really was no way to narrow it down. At the time, I had installed your work and the eyepatch. The game itself was the compressed version.

I have since just downloaded the game (not compressed), and it ran just fine. I will continue to try combinations to figure out what might have sparked it.

Thanks for responding, and for helping out players and devs with your work.

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
What is with the ending of chapter 4 not getting resolved? We just jump to a random place with Dylan's stepsister out of nowhere and then have a weird ending for chapter 5.

vuclus

Apr 29, 2020
Sadly, the Win/Linux download still doesn't contain a Linux version. It's Windows only. I think you need to check the Linux box when compiling.
Until the dev include the linux libs, you can manually add the linux libs. There's a shell which automatically does it for you: ( )

Note that you if you get an error like this:
Python:
==> Determining game information...
  File "<string>", line 1
    from renpy import version_tuple; print ".".join(str(i) for i in version_tuple[:3])
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(...)?
You need to modifiy the script at line 26 from :
Bash:
    RENPYVER=$(python -c 'from renpy import version_tuple; print ".".join(str(i) for i in version_tuple[:3])')
to:
Bash:
    RENPYVER=$(python -c 'from renpy import version_tuple; print(".".join(str(i) for i in version_tuple[:3]))')

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Does the mom refer to the son as son or the son as mother to his mom more than once yet? And yes I mean with the patch
If you use the one I made they will. Not sure if it's still the same in OP. But I went through and removed "step" from everything and if you read the post, she isn't his mom and he isn't her son. It's exaplained in the linked post.

What is with the ending of chapter 4 not getting resolved? We just jump to a random place with Dylan's stepsister out of nowhere and then have a weird ending for chapter 5.
There is a missing jump/day and dev posted about it here, will be fixed in the next version.

Certainly. I used the 'word' "shit-ton" because the game was glitching every 3-4 frames. By frames I mean dialogue changes. It was unending. There really was no way to narrow it down. At the time, I had installed your work and the eyepatch. The game itself was the compressed version.

I have since just downloaded the game (not compressed), and it ran just fine. I will continue to try combinations to figure out what might have sparked it.

Thanks for responding, and for helping out players and devs with your work.

Odd. Very well could be compressed, but I didn't really notice anything on my end.

HughNose

May 5, 2022
Until the dev include the linux libs, you can manually add the linux libs. There's a shell which automatically does it for you: ( )

Python:
  File "<string>", line 1
    from renpy import version_tuple; print ".".join(str(i) for i in version_tuple[:3])
Bash:
    RENPYVER=$(python -c 'from renpy import version_tuple; print ".".join(str(i) for i in version_tuple[:3])')
to:
Bash:
    RENPYVER=$(python -c 'from renpy import version_tuple; print(".".join(str(i) for i in version_tuple[:3]))')

Thanks for the info! Lookin at the script it seems that I have to start it from the game's base directory. Also, I need to have the renpy SDK installed? Any other requirements? Thanks again!

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Hi here is the latest version

Motel V.2.3.2
WIN: Mega

Mac version on request or can be found on Patreon
Any chance of sharing the MAC version pls? Seems just downright cruel and hurtful doing things this way since us MAC users already paid out the ass for an underperforming PC rig in the first place...seems more fit to punish those bargain-hunting PC users and share ONLY the MAC users if ye ask me...

Reactions: HM60

vuclus

Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for the info! Lookin at the script it seems that I have to start it from the game's base directory. Also, I need to have the renpy SDK installed? Any other requirements? Thanks again!
Hello,
Actually you can invoke the script from anywhere, you just have to pass the full path of the extracted game as argument.
I put renpy2linux.sh in my scripts folder but it could by anywhere within your $PATH
The script will take care of dowloading the correct version of the renpy SDK for you.
The only requirement I am aware of are wget and python3, it could probably work with python2, but I haven't tried it.

Let's take this particular game for example, once unzipped, you have the directory ASABMotel-2.3.2-win in your $HOME:

Bash:
$> ls -1d $PWD/*
/home/f95/ASABMotel-2.3.2-win.zip
/home/f95/ASABMotel-2.3.2-win
$> which renpy2linux.sh
/home/f95/scripts/renpy2linux.sh
Content of the game folder before invoking the script
Bash:
$> ls -1 /home/f95/ASABMotel-2.3.2-win
game
lib
renpy
ASABMotel.exe
ASABMotel.py

$> ls -1 /home/f95/ASABMotel-2.3.2-win/lib
py3-windows-x86_64
python3.9
Launching the script outputs the following :
Bash:
$> renpy2linux.sh /home/f95/ASABMotel-2.3.2-win
=> Ren'Py version: 8.0.3
=> Game title: ASABMotel
==> Downloading Ren'Py SDK...
2023-02-28 08:13:12 URL:https://renpy.org/dl/8.0.3/renpy-8.0.3-sdk.tar.bz2 [99675284/99675284] -> "renpy-8.0.3-sdk.tar.bz2" [1]
==> Extracting Ren'Py SDK...
==> Finding SDK directory...
==> Copying files...
=> lib/py3-linux-x86_64
=> lib/py3-mac-x86_64
=> ASABMotel.sh
=> ASABMotel.app
\o/ Done!
Content of the game folder after invoking the script:
Bash:
$> ls -1 /home/f95/ASABMotel-2.3.2-win
ASABMotel.app
game
lib
renpy
ASABMotel.exe
ASABMotel.py
ASABMotel.sh

$> ls -1 /home/f95/ASABMotel-2.3.2-win/lib
py3-linux-x86_64
py3-mac-x86_64
py3-windows-x86_64
python3.9
BTW, from the listing, you can see that the script also installs libraries for MacOS (ASABMotel.app and py3-mac-x86_64). Not sure how well that works since I do not have access to a Mac to test it out

Last edited:

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Any chance of sharing the MAC version pls? Seems just downright cruel and hurtful doing things this way since us MAC users already paid out the ass for an underperforming PC rig in the first place...seems more fit to punish those bargain-hunting PC users and share ONLY the MAC users if ye ask me...
Haha join the PC master race
I'll update the Mac and android links tomorrow on F95
A positive would be appreciated

• Red Heart
Reactions: Calyps0

shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
If you use the one I made they will. Not sure if it's still the same in OP. But I went through and removed "step" from everything and if you read the post, she isn't his mom and he isn't her son. It's exaplained in the linked post.

There is a missing jump/day and dev posted about it here, will be fixed in the next version.

Odd. Very well could be compressed, but I didn't really notice anything on my end.
That is very strange if they arent mom and son because in the original im sure he refers to her as mom eve nif it was just once, the original dialogue needs an overhaul so they refer to each other as that more if not just removing step isnt enough. Such a great game ruined by dumb dialogue that could be easily fixed.

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020

Python:
  File "<string>", line 1
Bash:
to:
Bash:
Linux version is available now

Reactions: HughNose

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Mac available now

2.80 star(s) 17 Votes