Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
This program died for free use
unknown.png
It's tooo much Free users.

In fact, it's not "died for free use." It's "all for free use".

I have not changing any limitations for free users.
You should stop complain just stop using it.

I'm not going upgrade my server again, I'm not going to spend more and more money on free users.

Minaro

Aug 4, 2018

I'm not going upgrade my server again, I'm not going to spend more and more money on free users.
Honestly, I'm surprised there hasn't been more dedicated translation tool projects for RPG Maker games, considering both how common such titles are and the fact that most other translation tools have trouble properly hooking into them - especially lately? I'm not sure where the breakpoint actually was, I just know I've been seeing an increasing number of titles I couldn't translate.
I'm sure most people using it are just thankful your tool exists in the first place - in a lot of cases they don't have another alternative over just learning the language.

Reactions: Ragingpeanut

golemon11

Jul 9, 2017
View attachment 1288126

A very strange position - first to deny the death of free users, and then immediately declare that yes, free users are not needed, I noticed long ago that everything is heading towards this event.

Minaro

Aug 4, 2018
A very strange position - first to deny the death of free users, and then immediately declare that yes, free users are not needed, I noticed long ago that everything is heading towards this event.
Assuming the data mentioned is correct, he's not wrong - sounds like he's getting more free users than his server capacity can handle. Let's not twist words here - it's not "free users aren't needed", it's more appropriate to say "more free users than he can handle". If he didn't care at all about free users he wouldn't bother publishing regular public updates, but rather stick to subscription releases and only do public releases for advertisement.

@zths
Given your situation, have you considered trying to accomodate translation programs (LEC Power Translator, ATLAS etc)? I'm not sure how your tool handles things, but if you could integrate support for offline translators I assume it could lessen your server load, as it would allow any free users with access to these softwares the option to use that instead. Afaik LEC PT 15 is the most commonly used in MTL communities, but I haven't done any research.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Assuming the data mentioned is correct, he's not wrong - sounds like he's getting more free users than his server capacity can handle. Let's not twist words here - it's not "free users aren't needed", it's more appropriate to say "more free users than he can handle". If he didn't care at all about free users he wouldn't bother publishing regular public updates, but rather stick to subscription releases and only do public releases for advertisement.

@zths
Given your situation, have you considered trying to accomodate translation programs (LEC Power Translator, ATLAS etc)? I'm not sure how your tool handles things, but if you could integrate support for offline translators I assume it could lessen your server load, as it would allow any free users with access to these softwares the option to use that instead. Afaik LEC PT 15 is the most commonly used in MTL communities, but I haven't done any research.
I have already made a text export function that will export a very simple file for manual translation.
Of course machine translation is possible if someone writes a script to handle it.

The file content is similar to
{
"Original": "Original",
"Original1": "Original1",
}
All you have to do is change it to
{
"Original": "Translation",
"Original1": "Translation1"
}

No one is actually using this feature, in fact I have been using it to estimate the game text size (estimate the game content richness).
Why should I offer free service and beg you to enjoy it?
I don't add any ads to the program and don't collect private information from users.
I'm not profiting from you.

Now the situation is i'm getting more free users, and the capacity is used up as soon as it is emptied.

I would like to offer some free services as long as it does not Impact paid users and my wallets.

------------------------
Anything i try to give free user more resources for me it will comes with a price.
I made a Mechanism, that make paid users can unaffected by free users under normal situations. < that cost my time
I'm looking for ways to automatically clean out more resources. < that cost my time ( I've just finished it, So free users can have more resources in the future. )
( But I'm upset right now. I'm doing something for you for free and you're complaining about it.)

I'm work hard NOT want to see people like you complaining about it.

I feel like: "
Hey, I used your product for free before, it's works great.
I want try it again now.
Me: Now is not enough for everyone, I have to make sure it's always available for paid users first.
Me: You have to wait.

It's died for free use.
Free users are not needed, I noticed long ago that everything is heading towards this event.
"

I am offering a service that has acquired some resources to fulfill the needs of paid users, and some extra capacity that I plan to give people for free with some limitations.
This will make it easier for some people, and more users will be willing to pay after trying it. It's good for everyone.

In fact a few hours ago my service hung up because of stress was too high and my code wasn't able to handle the situation as well.
All users including paid users was not able to use the service at that time.
And i'm on the go, can't each my computer..
It's unavailable until I finally got in home to fix it.

Last edited:

Minaro

Aug 4, 2018
I have already made a text export function that will export a very simple file for manual translation.
Of course machine translation is possible if someone writes a script to handle it.

The file content is similar to
{
"Original": "Original",
"Original1": "Original1",
}
All you have to do is change it to
{
"Original": "Translation",
"Original1": "Translation1"
}

No one is actually using this feature, in fact I have been using it to estimate the game text size (estimate the game content richness).
Hmm.. if I'm not mistaken then, I should be able to just have the tool extract the game's text(s), then translate them with another program and finally use the tool to then load that translation? If so, that sounds great - I'll need to try that, though it might take me a few days before I get around to it. If it works fine, you should make a specific mention of it in your original post - I'll try to detail my findings and if there's any complicated problem along the way to help simplify the actual process for others that have access to LEC15 in particular.

golemon11

Jul 9, 2017
Of course, I am grateful that I was able to go through so many wonderful games that would never have been translated into my language, everyone just wants to express my outrage at the connection with the new circumstances. Of course, I want such a good job to be paid, I'm just waiting for the program to better translate the games into my language, then I'll gladly take a subscription) And yes, forgive my google translation

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
yeh something is really screw up with some of the latest patch that completely fk the tool it refuse to show in many of the rpgmaker mz game that were working PERFECTLY fine before like about a week ago

Blade221

Aug 6, 2018
Is there a fix for this
Apparently the game won't work without VL gothic
so it doesn't work when i apply the tool
Screenshot_123.png

Minaro

Aug 4, 2018
Of course, I am grateful that I was able to go through so many wonderful games that would never have been translated into my language, everyone just wants to express my outrage at the connection with the new circumstances. Of course, I want such a good job to be paid, I'm just waiting for the program to better translate the games into my language, then I'll gladly take a subscription) And yes, forgive my google translation
Oh, I can understand your frustration. Translations using tools tend to get more complicated in general if the language you're looking for isn't ENG/CHI/JP. The most convenient solution would be learning one of these languages, but that takes a lot of committed effort.
Have you considered taking an approach similar to the one I plan to test? I.E using the tool to extract the text, have an MTL translate it outside the tool then have the tool inject your translation. I don't know what language(s) you're proficient at, but hopefully you should be able to find an MTL with unlimited translation for your needs. Checking out the list in the readme of XUnity AutoTranslator could be a decent place to start - I know they listed several options.
Is there a fix for this
Apparently the game won't work without VL gothic
so it doesn't work when i apply the tool
Sounds like you just need to install the missing font.

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020

You rock, i really didn't know about this feature, that makes your program much more versatile.
Alas i am not a programmer so i have to rely on the goodwill of others, would like to learn it but not even sure where to start.

Reactions: Snow972

golemon11

Jul 9, 2017
Oh, I can understand your frustration. Translations using tools tend to get more complicated in general if the language you're looking for isn't ENG/CHI/JP. The most convenient solution would be learning one of these languages, but that takes a lot of committed effort.
Have you considered taking an approach similar to the one I plan to test? I.E using the tool to extract the text, have an MTL translate it outside the tool then have the tool inject your translation. I don't know what language(s) you're proficient at, but hopefully you should be able to find an MTL with unlimited translation for your needs. Checking out the list in the readme of XUnity AutoTranslator could be a decent place to start - I know they listed several options.

Sounds like you just need to install the missing font.
I managed to partially solve this problem for myself by using another program in such games (Textractor) or by finding a game in Japanese, then it translates quite well.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes