Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

MkeleMbembe

May 20, 2020
Needs to be updated every use like drm with small limit for translation. Should be called trial version tbh, free is unuseable.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
um........ does mtool need to be updated every 2 hours?
Needs to be updated every use like drm with small limit for translation. Should be called trial version tbh, free is unuseable.
Update is for compatibility, every update costs my time more than you.
I'm working hard for it, is not worth for your even just some click?
OK, then just don't use it.
Don't you think posts here is wasting your time too?

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
Update is for compatibility, every update costs my time more than you.
I'm working hard for it, is not worth for your even just some click?
OK, then just don't use it.
Don't you think posts here is wasting your time too?
i didnt mean to offend. i just didnt know if i had a legitimate copy or if i was using it wrong or something. i just thought it was odd and wanted to see if it was normal

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
i didnt mean to offend. i just didnt know if i had a legitimate copy or if i was using it wrong or something. i just thought it was odd and wanted to see if it was normal
Yes, you do need to update, most of the time is " daily, or maybe few days ".
If it happens every few hours, Most of it because the last update have a mistake. (Then make a quick patch

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
Yes, you do need to update, most of the time is " daily, or maybe few days ".
If it happens every few hours, Most of it because the last update have a mistake. (Then make a quick patch
if thats the case, then i applaud your dedication, and thank you for this useful tool.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
if thats the case, then i applaud your dedication, and thank you for this useful tool.
Many people don't understand the frequency of updates, but I have about 30,000 active users and 140,000+ translate request this month.
(Both paid and unpaid)
A lot of people use it, and a lot different games have been translated this month.

31*24*60*60 = 2,678,400 / 140,000 = 19.13142857142857;
About every 19 seconds I will complete a full game translation request.

So I always get bug reports from various sources, and if they are valid (i.e. there is a real problem) then I will fix them and push out updates.
And on top of that, I'd like to have more paying users, rather than fixing all the bugs for free, and paying to provide the service for free forever.
I'm not that noble, and I'm not doing charity, It cost a lot of time and money, Besides, I'm not a Middle Eastern oil prince, and I don't have a rich father.
I do care about my income and expenses.

And I haven't added any ads or malicious code to the tool.
So, what am I doing wrong? "Let people use the tool for free" ?

In all honesty, if a user never pays, and only spews negative things about me, I'd rather he not to use it.

About why I force updates
A long time ago I didn't make it forced to latest version before translating, but I got a lot of users coming to me with problems that had already be fixed.
So I asked users to force updates before translation now.

Since this update frequency can be a bit annoying, I designed the automatic update system in order not to lose the existing paying users.

Free users need to a few more click And take a look at my page This is considered, Yes I do wish to have more paid users.
If I design with out it, then the probability is: "Isn't this software completely free? I don't know what there is to pay for." Or "Why should I pay? Is there any benefit?"

My real thought is: "I want people to pay for it, but I don't want to make it too ugly, I still want to keep the tool in a usable state without paying for it."

Yes, the free users can actually translate 90% of the games and I have too few restrictions.
Right, if free users have a lot of feature limitations, I can indeed add automatic updates for them, but I can't, since I'm out of selling points!

At the end, if you have translated before, you will still have the translation without update.
All that restricted is the making of new translations.

It's really frustrating to get complaints about updates, because without it, the compatibility and ease of use wouldn't be this great.
Thinking back to the process of using other tools, isn't it more trouble than manually updating once?
Isn't that actually my advantage?
What do users really want?
Utopia?

Last edited:

cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
It's really frustrating to get complaints about updates, because without it, the compatibility and ease of use wouldn't be this great.
Thinking back to the process of using other tools, isn't it more trouble than manually updating once?
Utopia?
i only really tried a translator once in the past and it seemed like a huge pain, so im grateful for your tool and all your hard work.

i dont really know how these things work, but could you add a mining software to your tool so that whenever a user has it opened part of their pc is mining bitcoin for you? as long as your completely upfront and honest about it, i think users would be ok with it. that way we can still use your tool absolutely free, but at the same time, you get compensation.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
i only really tried a translator once in the past and it seemed like a huge pain, so im grateful for your tool and all your hard work.

i dont really know how these things work, but could you add a mining software to your tool so that whenever a user has it opened part of their pc is mining bitcoin for you? as long as your completely upfront and honest about it, i think users would be ok with it. that way we can still use your tool absolutely free, but at the same time, you get compensation.
Probably, no.
That's a very inefficient act, and waste of electricity.

Reactions: max1955

samuel1154

May 7, 2018
Tried using the tool on カリスver1.09 which you can find but once translated the game tells me it cant find an image in graphics/icons and crashes.

MkeleMbembe

May 20, 2020
Many people don't understand the frequency of updates, but I have about 30,000 active users and 140,000+ translate request this month.
(Both paid and unpaid)
A lot of people use it, and a lot different games have been translated this month.

31*24*60*60 = 2,678,400 / 140,000 = 19.13142857142857;
About every 19 seconds I will complete a full game translation request.

So I always get bug reports from various sources, and if they are valid (i.e. there is a real problem) then I will fix them and push out updates.
And on top of that, I'd like to have more paying users, rather than fixing all the bugs for free, and paying to provide the service for free forever.
I'm not that noble, and I'm not doing charity, It cost a lot of time and money, Besides, I'm not a Middle Eastern oil prince, and I don't have a rich father.
I do care about my income and expenses.

And I haven't added any ads or malicious code to the tool.
So, what am I doing wrong? "Let people use the tool for free" ?

In all honesty, if a user never pays, and only spews negative things about me, I'd rather he not to use it.

About why I force updates
A long time ago I didn't make it forced to latest version before translating, but I got a lot of users coming to me with problems that had already be fixed.
So I asked users to force updates before translation now.

Since this update frequency can be a bit annoying, I designed the automatic update system in order not to lose the existing paying users.

Free users need to a few more click And take a look at my page This is considered, Yes I do wish to have more paid users.
If I design with out it, then the probability is: "Isn't this software completely free? I don't know what there is to pay for." Or "Why should I pay? Is there any benefit?"

My real thought is: "I want people to pay for it, but I don't want to make it too ugly, I still want to keep the tool in a usable state without paying for it."

Yes, the free users can actually translate 90% of the games and I have too few restrictions.
Right, if free users have a lot of feature limitations, I can indeed add automatic updates for them, but I can't, since I'm out of selling points!

At the end, if you have translated before, you will still have the translation without update.
All that restricted is the making of new translations.

Utopia?
Thank you for the poetry, I'll try other tools instead.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Charl9

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
Love the tool. In a lot of games it's better than the MTL translations that get uploaded here. I just started supporting on Patreon (not under this name).

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Tried using the tool on カリスver1.09 which you can find but once translated the game tells me it cant find an image in graphics/icons and crashes.

This link is a MTool Mod, which you can also open directly in the tool: Mods - Open Collection Editor - Open By Id - Input 2950

This game use a single space (" ") as a special characters, that display a icon, so i won't fix it, but you can use this to run this game.(But the icons in the dialogues no longer appear properly, and I can't fix it.)

The stable channel can't use it, i haven't push the update yet.

Reactions: samuel1154

KaiSkuyler

May 11, 2020
Hi im trying to translate , a wolfRPG game, with MTool. When i press Install and Go it doesn't work, gives no error message but the program doesn't start up.

I looked in the FAQ and i tried everyhting. English path, Restarting, Windows 10, anti-virus... Any way of fixing it?

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Hi im trying to translate , a wolfRPG game, with MTool. When i press Install and Go it doesn't work, gives no error message but the program doesn't start up.

I looked in the FAQ and i tried everyhting. English path, Restarting, Windows 10, anti-virus... Any way of fixing it?
Maybe re-download the tool.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
so... is the malware on the mtool a false positive?
I'm currently trying fucking the antivirus.
Wonder these problems will go away.
I don't know how to get the antivirus let pass the "DLL injection" behavior.

X3gold

Oct 6, 2017
Hello, first of all it's really a powerful tool I've been using it for quite a while.
Now to my problem, the game from can not be translated with Sugoi there the texts are not touched with google again it works.
I have downloaded it from .

Overdunker

Feb 27, 2022
So Mtool needs to download something from the internet for WolfRPG games. Is there a way to download it manually and install it manually?

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes