Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py/PGMMV Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
zths
I'd like to ask for a little help with Kirikiri games in general. The main problem right now for me, is the major lag the English TL's injection is producing...
Just try it on literally any Kiri game: see how skip works without mtool, then how it works with it. Like a good 10 times slower with the tool injecting. You will notice things are a little laggy and choppy too, when character display is set to instant, or just fast, even when not skipping.

The major problem is when there is e.g. a looping animation playing in the background, or a screen effect - getting the next line makes those choppy, very much stuttery (like it pauses for a quarter second), and it could become quite annoying.
It's not a font issue, I'm certain. Also, funny thing is, if I "Restore original text" (but mtool is still running the game), things become MUCH smoother, this behavior becomes much less noticeable (still there, though), but it will still take like 3 times as much time to skip to the same place, then it would take without mtool.
I don't think tags and the macro file has anything to do with it, even checked the translated scenario files in __MToolTrsData and there doesn't seem to be anything to suggest something like this should be happening.

Any advice?
(really, just check skipping with and without mtool in any kiri game, and you will understand what I'm talking about)
I don't have a good solution for this slowdown because every time there is a "new" text to display, the tool needs to handle the text display.

This process will often even catch text that will not be displayed, as long as the game deals with these things in some way, the tool will stepping in.
And then the bigger the game texts are, the more slower it gets.

It is involved in the display process unlike other tools which simply send the text out, it receives it, processes it and returns it to the game, during this period the game is stalled.

There is a lot of text processing going on, and I've optimized the performance as much as possible, which is the best I can do.

There may be better changes in the future, but I won't be working on it specifically for now.
Because the result may not be better in all cases, it may be worse.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I don't have a good solution for this slowdown because every time there is a "new" text to display, the tool needs to handle the text display.

This process will often even catch text that will not be displayed, as long as the game deals with these things in some way, the tool will stepping in.
And then the bigger the game texts are, the more slower it gets.

It is involved in the display process unlike other tools which simply send the text out, it receives it, processes it and returns it to the game, during this period the game is stalled.

There is a lot of text processing going on, and I've optimized the performance as much as possible, which is the best I can do.

There may be better changes in the future, but I won't be working on it specifically for now.
Because the result may not be better in all cases, it may be worse.
Thanks for the answer. Hope there could be something done eventually, but I understand.
That said, it is weird how it almost works correctly/much better when switching back to the JP text (but mtool is doing the rendering/displaying still).

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Thanks for the answer. Hope there could be something done eventually, but I understand.
That said, it is weird how it almost works correctly/much better when switching back to the JP text (but mtool is doing the rendering/displaying still).
It's not weird.
Because actually clicking on Restore Text will apply an "empty" list of translations.
Then the processing speed becomes extremely fast.
Because most of the process is skipped.

• Wow
Reactions: Zippix

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
It's not weird.
Because actually clicking on Restore Text will apply an "empty" list of translations.
Then the processing speed becomes extremely fast.
Because most of the process is skipped.
Huh. Good to know. I thought it still had a lot of stuff to do with the font being different than the default in-game one and rendering that through itself, but I guess what you said makes sense. Thx.
Anyhow, it's only problematic with games that have (looping) animations and whatnot, but it could become quite a bit annoying there.

Keep up the good work and thanks; also, good luck with ChatGPT - must be a lot of work on your hands now.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Got around to test MTool and got to say it works really well with RPG Maker games. In some sense actually a godsend.
Thank you zths for the work you put into it.(y)

Now I closed my game after translating and loaded that save without MTool and it gave me an error. I guess this is normal because of the scripts that are loaded into the game through the tool right?

Also how many personal data did I gave up by using this tool? :sneaky:

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Now I closed my game after translating and loaded that save without MTool and it gave me an error. I guess this is normal because of the scripts that are loaded into the game through the tool right?
No, this isn't normal, at least not in most cases.
I want to know what this game is called. (It's name)
Also how many personal data did I gave up by using this tool? :sneaky:
Everything, plus youself.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
No, this isn't normal, at least not in most cases.
I want to know what this game is called. (It's name)
Oh its not?
It is this game :
BUT I just randomly tried to load the save again and it worked. Unfortunately I am not able to recreate the error.
I will get back to you once it happened again.

Everything, plus youself.
Alright so I lay bare with all my glorious hentai on my hardrive ,)

Thanks again for the tool.

Camiy

Sep 11, 2018
Hi everyone, for chinese translation, there is any recommendation so we can at least have a understandable dialog using the tool?

I tried using default google one, but it was not good

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
Code:
The game failed to start, please check your anti-virus and make sure
the tools can be written to the game directory. Details:
"'chcp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the path specifed.
Any clues as to what's causing this? Disabled AV to no avail, quarantine is empty so no files should've been affected.
Nevermind, I renamed the file which had no particularly unique characters and now it's fine? lol

Aug 7, 2019
What exactly does the "English translation fix" do, out of curiosity?

Anyone have any experience with it? Is the effect significant as opposed to a standard translation?

Johnson_Carl

Jun 30, 2019
It's always patreon... Does this guy accept google play gift card? Patreon just doesn't want to cooperate with my debit card for some weird unknown government reason.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes