Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Xanax1488

Feb 13, 2021
Piece of shit.
Windows 7 x32 doesn't work
I hope the developer will sit on my version of windows for the rest of his life

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Unless I'm imagining things and/or this is an unbelievable coincidence, I think you looked into the kirikiri lag I mentioned earlier, right?

At least I sure as hell don't remember an 'Mtool_TMP' directory popping up after starting a kiri game with the tool...
At any rate, for now when the character display speed is set to anything but 'instant' (fast should be good enough anyways), the -quite annoying imho- animation stutter/lag when changing text doesn't seem to be present anymore. Which is GREAT and a huge improvement; and I really hope I'm not just hallucinating things and it's not just temporary, lol!
Thank you.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Unless I'm imagining things and/or this is an unbelievable coincidence, I think you looked into the kirikiri lag I mentioned earlier, right?

At least I sure as hell don't remember an 'Mtool_TMP' directory popping up after starting a kiri game with the tool...
At any rate, for now when the character display speed is set to anything but 'instant' (fast should be good enough anyways), the -quite annoying imho- animation stutter/lag when changing text doesn't seem to be present anymore. Which is GREAT and a huge improvement; and I really hope I'm not just hallucinating things and it's not just temporary, lol!
Thank you.
Although 'Mtool_TMP' wasn't added for solve the lagging problem, it's designed to solve the problems caused by the username of some people's systems. (Not a problem caused by the tool, the game itself will be affected by it.)

But I indeed made some optimizations at some point, took some processes out of the main thread.

Reactions: Zippix

Ohanamanda

Jul 20, 2017
Code:
The game failed to start, please check your anti-virus and make sure
the tools can be written to the game directory. Details:
"'chcp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the path specifed.
Any clues as to what's causing this? Disabled AV to no avail, quarantine is empty so no files should've been affected.
Nevermind, I renamed the file which had no particularly unique characters and now it's fine? lol
Which file is that? I'm trying to fiddle with a game with this tool to translate but I don't know what to rename.

Phenomamd

Dec 27, 2017
Which file is that? I'm trying to fiddle with a game with this tool to translate but I don't know what to rename.
Basically rename the folder the game is contained within, as well as the executable if it contains anything that isn't an English character.
I don't understand why it spits that error out, but every single time I was able to fix it by doing the aforementioned step.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
As a supporter what is the best Japanese to English translation engine & is there an option to prevent text running off the screen other than making the text value negative?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I tried the tool with a couple more kiri games from my backlog, and there was one which produced a weird bug with the translation. After the tool translates what it can find, and loads the .bin, the voiced lines will stop producing... well, voices, ergo they stop working (without anything else changed). BGM and sound effects work, voices stop.
To make things even weirder, if I "Restore original text" from the tool's 'Translate' tab, and play to the first voiced line (so the game is still running under mtool) -or even just then load the save I made before the voiced line while running translated, prior-, the voices will work just fine again.

Did a little digging myself.
Since there is absolutely no difference in the cached content (MToolData_; I checked) apart from the loaded and thus far used scenario files, and even those look fine -to my untrained eyes- and reference the right (and same) files, and tags look okay as well
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, my only guess is that something goes wrong within the .bin file, but not enough to actually produce an error in-game (which is the weirdest part for me), maybe?
For the fun of it, I checked another game from the circle, and I was able to observe the exact same problem.
The circle in question is , the game .
(there is a seeded torrent on nyaa for it (and DDL links as well, even though it's not that easy to get as one would expect); also, the other titles have the same problem I believe, so could have a look at those too)

Sorry for the wall of text, hopefully it was at least a little bit useful. Would appreciate if you could have a look - if even just out of curiosity.
Thank You!

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
Mtool is not compatible with this game: do you can make Mtool compatible please?,i want play the game in english.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I tried the tool with a couple more kiri games from my backlog, and there was one which produced a weird bug with the translation. After the tool translates what it can find, and loads the .bin, the voiced lines will stop producing... well, voices, ergo they stop working (without anything else changed). BGM and sound effects work, voices stop.
To make things even weirder, if I "Restore original text" from the tool's 'Translate' tab, and play to the first voiced line (so the game is still running under mtool) -or even just then load the save I made before the voiced line while running translated, prior-, the voices will work just fine again.

Did a little digging myself.
Since there is absolutely no difference in the cached content (MToolData_; I checked) apart from the loaded and thus far used scenario files, and even those look fine -to my untrained eyes- and reference the right (and same) files, and tags look okay as well
, my only guess is that something goes wrong within the .bin file, but not enough to actually produce an error in-game (which is the weirdest part for me), maybe?
For the fun of it, I checked another game from the circle, and I was able to observe the exact same problem.
The circle in question is , the game .
(there is a seeded torrent on nyaa for it (and DDL links as well, even though it's not that easy to get as one would expect); also, the other titles have the same problem I believe, so could have a look at those too)

Sorry for the wall of text, hopefully it was at least a little bit useful. Would appreciate if you could have a look - if even just out of curiosity.
Thank You!
I'll check it, But nothing I can promise now...
Update:
It will get a patch with next update.

Mtool is not compatible with this game: do you can make Mtool compatible please?,i want play the game in english.
Sorry, no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zippix

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Much appreciated, you're great!

Incidentally, I found a little(ish) mistake in the English UI of the tool, you might want to update that as well.

Reactions: zths

Archive169

Mar 23, 2018
Is there a way to apply/save the translation directly to the game's files so I can play it on other systems without needing MTool open(especially mobile using joiplay)?

I've tried using other translation software and nothing comes close to this, but the caveat is that I'm either too dumb to figure out how to save the translation so I can use it on mobile, or it's not possible at the moment. If this has been asked before my bad.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Is there a way to apply/save the translation directly to the game's files so I can play it on other systems without needing MTool open(especially mobile using joiplay)?

I've tried using other translation software and nothing comes close to this, but the caveat is that I'm either too dumb to figure out how to save the translation so I can use it on mobile, or it's not possible at the moment. If this has been asked before my bad.
This tool dosen't support this.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes