Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Ryoutaaaaaaaa

Apr 10, 2023
I want to translate an English game into Japanese and play it, but the text size is so large that it is said to be over capacity.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Hey zths!
Thanks for the update, I notice that the older titles started working/having voices (though IMMENSELY weird: in one of them (RJ149460), exactly and only the first three of the voiced lines of one of the characters is not playing with the .bin loaded, after that everything seems fine (and hopefully everywhere else), while restored to original, those work as well LOLWTF?! xD).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unfortunately it didn't fix the one I was trying to play. Still no voice. And it's really weird, because the .xp3 structures are almost identical as far as I see. Could it be that (the only relevant difference) the presence of BGV (so a 4th sound channel/volume kind, apart from bgm/se/voice) is what messes things up in the .bin? At any rate, you were/are on the right track, and I hope this can be figured out.
(if you don't mind me asking, what was the problem? something/some syntax got accidentally TL'd in the scripts?)

Also, some general ideas on my part: could it be that some things just don't synchronize with datasc/datasu/data999 in the savedata? I mean I notice that after loading the .bin, things kind of disconnect in that regard. I know it's very complex and varies from game to game, it's just an idea.
Could it be done for example that 'StartWithTool.bat' starts the game with a little delay, so the caching (if needed) and TL-loading is done before a big bunch of things get written to those files (in the save folder) during that half-second of initialization at start but before the tool actually loads the TL? (I bet that's why if you don't have 'Don't Reload Current Script' checked you will get an error in all these Studio+7 games (at the end of logo.ks, before being able to continue to title.ks); and probably some other games too) I guess that this is why -to some degree- some/most save files are incompatible between MTool-run and vanilla-run and error you when trying to load them.

Ahh, but here I go again with a wall of text, sorry. I know you must be snowed with the ChatGPT stuff, but if you have a moment and could re-look, I would greatly appreciate it - you technically already found the problem-source, since it fixed the no-voice for the older titles so hopefully it should be an easy fix. orz
------
And thanks for the English UI update, indeed the JP part was missing, but I was more referring the x2 Data usage which should be x5. ;)
Also a side-question: what does 'Performance Mode' under the 'Misc' tab imply, and is it worth checking?

Thanks for all your hard work!

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Also a side-question: what does 'Performance Mode' under the 'Misc' tab imply, and is it worth checking?
It's for the background image. nothing deal with the game.

And about the voice, they read every message's first line "【??????】" as the character name for voice...
Then things being badly.

I don't have a good idea how to deal with this right now, it might require a complete rewrite of the way "ks" files are handled.
Dynamic replacement of the file is still affected by this kind of game that makes the "normal text" multipurpose.

And because krkr's tjs2 is not a well-defined language, and because of its ecosystem, it can be heavily customized by various vendors, my choice of manipulations is extremely limited.

I may need more time to catch up on this, put it on a lower priority until I have a better solution.
Just like I rewrote the translate feature of Mv/Mz, long time ago.

(Translating a game perfectly may be easy, but finding a way to translate a whole category of games perfectly is difficult)

Reactions: Zippix

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
zths
do you look at games anymore to see why mtool won't grab some text still even with 'grab more text' or whatever is enabled?

[Geocentrism Theory] Doppelganger of Light and Shadow(Ver1.1.1)[RJ373721]
this is the game, I guess I could upload it to you in a message if u want to see it, but it is a pretty big game

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
zths
do you look at games anymore to see why mtool won't grab some text still even with 'grab more text' or whatever is enabled?

[Geocentrism Theory] Doppelganger of Light and Shadow(Ver1.1.1)[RJ373721]
this is the game, I guess I could upload it to you in a message if u want to see it, but it is a pretty big game
You may have select a worng language, it has Chinese / Japanese.
It's a tested game, work without problem.

Reactions: Shadowclonezero

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Ahh, yeah, figured as much, just wanted to make sure.
And about the voice, they read every message's first line "【??????】" as the character name for voice...
Then things being badly.

I don't have a good idea how to deal with this right now, it might require a complete rewrite of the way "ks" files are handled.
Dynamic replacement of the file is still affected by this kind of game that makes the "normal text" multipurpose.
Holy shit... So it's actually the NAMETAGS that screw things up here? And they are the ones that make the voiced line play?? Well damn.
So it's like when they appear as【ももね/???】, 【はる/???】 or later as 【はる/はるちん】 in the original JP scenario files, when mtool loads the translated scenario file, the name there won't match with what it's supposed to be according to the .bin file, and as such... Nothing happens. And it's also translator engine dependent too, after checking. Lol.

Well, I'm gonna try a dirty fix/workaround of changing those above to their "normal" forms (like in these instances to: 【ももね】 and 【はる】) in all the original scenario files of the game with search and replace in Notepad++; that probably will do the trick, methinks.

Anyhoo, thanks for all your hard work and for looking into it, hope you will figure something out eventually!
(Translating a game perfectly may be easy, but finding a way to translate a whole category of games perfectly is difficult)
Indeed.

Lyaazam

Sep 5, 2019
can make "Translation Fix for English Game" an optional field, after updating with this check mark, the translation to EN-RU has become worse

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020

Then things being badly.

And because krkr's tjs2 is not a well-defined language, and because of its ecosystem, it can be heavily customized by various vendors, my choice of manipulations is extremely limited.

I may need more time to catch up on this, put it on a lower priority until I have a better solution.
Just like I rewrote the translate feature of Mv/Mz, long time ago.

Thank you for your hard work, this tool is getting better and better with time.

erkaderk

Sep 26, 2019
Thanks for making this, less than 10 minutes from downloading and I was translating stuff nearly instantaneously

AnnSterv

Mar 7, 2023
The game started to run too fast after the translation. As if the speedhack was on.
Monsters are running around like crazy. I don't have time to react.
Game Magical Girl Celesphonia + CN Mod

RavenousRaven

Oct 17, 2018
Hello first of all, awesome mod! Is there any way to disable/lock a party member's level to stay the same or disabling experience gain altogether? If not, is there a way to disable an ending caused by reaching a certain level?
Thank you for sharing your work.

JoeruTenshi

Jul 25, 2020
I'm using the free program I loved it.
Still no translation from English to Spanish?
Or do I have to pay to be able to translate it?
if so take all my money

ghfhgfhgfhgfjhjh.jpg

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
Hello first of all, awesome mod! Is there any way to disable/lock a party member's level to stay the same or disabling experience gain altogether? If not, is there a way to disable an ending caused by reaching a certain level?
Thank you for sharing your work.
you can set the level in the character params, but im not sure if you can lock it. You can just change it after every level up I guess.

Reactions: RavenousRaven

dragonflame

Mar 9, 2020
mtool is ok, because i try to delete it because mtool keeps updating and idk how to update without deleting mtool. anyway, my laptop won't delete most mtool except save file of the two save game that i use to play on mtool. but the two game that i play i delete it because i got bored or finish it. so there two file that can't be deleted

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
mtool is ok, because i try to delete it because mtool keeps updating and idk how to update without deleting mtool. anyway, my laptop won't delete most mtool except save file of the two save game that i use to play on mtool. but the two game that i play i delete it because i got bored or finish it. so there two file that can't be deleted
1683646449719.png
Try this button before delete the tool.
Or put the tool back in, click it, delete the tool.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes