Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Xandle Here's my understanding of how you use it:
  1. Extract the program.
  2. In the Tool folder, run "nw"
  3. When the program loads, click the top left of the bar with the random emojis.
  4. Drag and drop the game's exe onto the program.
  5. Uncheck "Actively Inject" and "Make Launcher"
  6. Start game
  7. Tabs on the top bar should now include a Translate tab. Click it.
  8. Click Start Translate.
  9. Go back to the game and just play it normally.
The text should automatically be replaced by English as long as it's not part of an image or something. Text may run off screen though and I'm not quite sure how to prevent that. I also have no idea how you're supposed to use Actively Inject. I always get an error on the games I try to use it on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xandle
Oct 9, 2021
Xandle Here's my understanding of how you use it:
  1. Extract the program.
  2. In the Tool folder, run "nw"
  3. When the program loads, click the top left of the bar with the random emojis.
  4. Drag and drop the game's exe onto the program.
  5. Uncheck "Actively Inject" and "Make Launcher"
  6. Start game
  7. Tabs on the top bar should now include a Translate tab. Click it.
  8. Click Start Translate.
  9. Go back to the game and just play it normally.
The text should automatically be replaced by English as long as it's not part of an image or something. Text may run off screen though and I'm not quite sure how to prevent that. I also have no idea how you're supposed to use Actively Inject. I always get an error on the games I try to use it on.
For text running over, you are to change the font to something more compact/condensed. Dev say Unicode and some say Microsoft Yahei. I tried some and found Agency FB really packs it up although it might have issue on JP letters display. One could see the font result when choosing a font and see which really tightens up the space and readability.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Zippix and Ferghus

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020
zths Hello if i might ask a question: Would i be able to translate Visual Novels using this tool?or maybe in the future?, like for example , i am using textractor and DeepL now which works neatly but i would like to have one translating tool to rule them all.

Thanks for your hard work.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
For text running over, you are to change the font to something more compact/condensed. Dev say Unicode and some say Microsoft Yahei. I tried some and found Agency FB really packs it up although it might have issue on JP letters display. One could see the font result when choosing a font and see which really tightens up the space and readability.
Huh, that one indeed seems much more condensed, good find. Though indeed, you have to hope for only English characters to having to be displayed or you may get "boxes", lol. Still a good one (now after checking).
I can recommend MS PMincho from the regular -and most probably readily available for everyone- ones; probs the most tightening one, and doesn't look silly. Tighter than unifont.

Also, displayed text size (font size) can be changed within the tool (first tab, after attached and running the game); and the author is just currently working on better/fully functioning word wrap features.

Aug 7, 2019
zths Hello if i might ask a question: Would i be able to translate Visual Novels using this tool?or maybe in the future?, like for example , i am using textractor and DeepL now which works neatly but i would like to have one translating tool to rule them all.

Thanks for your hard work.
Depends on the engine but a good number of VNs can be translated with this tool. Kirikiri is one it works well with

• Love
Reactions: Ragingpeanut

Vladilen

Feb 27, 2019
I just tried this tool on an RPGMaker VX game.

While the cheat side of it can be useful even if i have other similar options, the translation side of it is completely useless as a free user. I get much better translations with simple but properly set up text hookers than the google MTL which often doesn't even make sense especially with line wrapping not working properly.

Oct 9, 2021
I know that MTool can work with VNs but some info I searched is giving me question marks. I don't develop games so I do not know the engines used. But would like to know:
1. What engines/platform is used and which is most commonly found on DLSite?
2. VN are text heavy, what would be the recommended tier?
3. Are these games (snipped and pasted in spoiler below) compatible with MTool? (these are old/new titles with some hentai adaptation)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
PS: If anyone know, how to identify engines used by DLSite games when it does NOT have demo download, if possible?:LOL:

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I know that MTool can work with VNs but some info I searched is giving me question marks. I don't develop games so I do not know the engines used. But would like to know:
1. What engines/platform is used and which is most commonly found on DLSite?
2. VN are text heavy, what would be the recommended tier?
3. Are these games (snipped and pasted in spoiler below) compatible with MTool? (these are old/new titles with some hentai adaptation)
PS: If anyone know, how to identify engines used by DLSite games when it does NOT have demo download, if possible?:LOL:
1.you can not identify the engine without the game. I can not do it either.
2. any tier are enough.
3. Same as 1.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I just tried this tool on an RPGMaker VX game.

While the cheat side of it can be useful even if i have other similar options, the translation side of it is completely useless as a free user. I get much better translations with simple but properly set up text hookers than the google MTL which often doesn't even make sense especially with line wrapping not working properly.
The translate costs me not only the time, It also costs money, so I have to make it behind the paywall.

You can complain about it, but i won't change it, even if it wasn't costs money, because it's all the selling point in this tool, and almost everything else in it is free.

I made this for me, for my own convenient at the start, It only suits for my requirements, like about ''someone who can code and have the ability to fix every problem they encountered''.

So you should give a thanks to those guys who paid for it and make it useful for most people, or this thing will only be useful for only the geeks, not the most one.

People should know that things 100% free either can get you mad, like Trojans in It, or not that user friendly, cause you have to learn some Tech's to get it useful, or not that powerful by only focused on a single task.
Because it's made by interest, but human have only limited time for their interest, they need to work to getting money for food, and lives.

Something wonderful and Free?
That's a trap.
Waiting for victims.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Heya zths!

How goes the word wrap mission? After reading your announcement, I decided to switch back to 'stable' releases instead of 'latest', and haven't really seen updates for that; I think. I was able to -most of the time- fix things for RPGMMV/MZ with a word wrap script I found and applied onto the game, and with kirikiri it wasn't a problem as much - as far as I could tell. I didn't want to risk the slowdown or whatever. Is it okay to switch back to 'latest'?

Also, I noticed that the game window when started with/emulated with mtool, doesn't 100% behave like an active window - I'd like to make it "always on top", yet nothing seems to be able to do that. Any hints on how I could possible achieve that, please?

Bests.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Heya zths!

How goes the word wrap mission? After reading your announcement, I decided to switch back to 'stable' releases instead of 'latest', and haven't really seen updates for that; I think. I was able to -most of the time- fix things for RPGMMV/MZ with a word wrap script I found and applied onto the game, and with kirikiri it wasn't a problem as much - as far as I could tell. I didn't want to risk the slowdown or whatever. Is it okay to switch back to 'latest'?

Also, I noticed that the game window when started with/emulated with mtool, doesn't 100% behave like an active window - I'd like to make it "always on top", yet nothing seems to be able to do that. Any hints on how I could possible achieve that, please?

Bests.
Regarding "word wrap", it does not add "word wrap" functionality to games, it adds compatibility to games that have "word wrap" functionality to prevent them from not being translated properly.
I have not received any unusual feedback about this feature, so I think this change is "successful and stable".

To explain, this "feature update" is to reduce the number of options users need to care about, some games need to have this option turned on to be translated properly, but 90% of users won't notice or care that the game needs to have this option turned on, and will just yell "so Mtool doesn't work" in places, so I rewrote the feature to try to reduce the side effects, and then turn it on for everyone.

So i recommend you to use the latest version.

Regarding the game window, I don't have a solution, I didn't tweak the game window, it is the game window itself.
I don't know what the problem is and I can't fix it.
You can try switching windows a few times.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Regarding "word wrap", it does not add "word wrap" functionality to games, it adds compatibility to games that have "word wrap" functionality to prevent them from not being translated properly.
I have not received any unusual feedback about this feature, so I think this change is "successful and stable".

To explain, this "feature update" is to reduce the number of options users need to care about, some games need to have this option turned on to be translated properly, but 90% of users won't notice or care that the game needs to have this option turned on, and will just yell "so Mtool doesn't work" in places, so I rewrote the feature to try to reduce the side effects, and then turn it on for everyone.

So i recommend you to use the latest version.
Ahh, now I get it.
So this will make mtool see the original text as "line-wrapped", and make the TL like that also. Otherwise it would give a likely out-of-context translation, or even maybe a complete mistranslation if that original is seen rather as a continuous string of characters (e.g. in Japanese) or some other way, differently as it should. Nice. Will switch back. Thx for the clarification.
Regarding the game window, I don't have a solution, I didn't tweak the game window, it is the game window itself.
I don't know what the problem is and I can't fix it.
You can try switching windows a few times.
Damn, you are right. I thought it was mtool (it seemed logical to me that maybe some kinda emulation could be taking place or whatever), but it turns out that kirikiri games' windows actually CAN'T be made to stay always on top!! (or would need some major geeky approach, because the AHK scripts that literally make any other window I thus far have tried stay on top - won't work with them, even starting them vanilla, at all. lol)
...EDIT: And of course Kirikiri Z and Z 64Bit work fine and stay on top, after checking. Just my luck - and ongoing ragewar with regular kirikiri (and why does my backlog mainly have kirikiri 2 games?!. damndamn... xD)

Mentozs

Feb 28, 2023
anyone help me? i tried installing put it in the same folder as the game.exe and installed bepinx and auto translator but it still wont translate

EnterYourNameHere

Mar 16, 2022
I really like the tool "sometimes" but wth are there so many updates? Sometimes I need to update the tool several times a day -.- Also, if the tool crash cuz, ye dont know, sometimes it just crashed, I have to restart the whole pc or I wont be able translated new games -.-

Reactions: dodo2

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I really like the tool "sometimes" but wth are there so many updates? Sometimes I need to update the tool several times a day -.- Also, if the tool crash cuz, ye dont know, sometimes it just crashed, I have to restart the whole pc or I wont be able translated new games -.-
Why the updates?

You might wonder why this seems to function so seamlessly, resisting crashes even after translation.
The answer lies in constant updates.

What allows it to operate on nearly every user's system without the need for additional setup?
Once again, the key is continuous updating.

Why are the new games predominantly compatible as well?
It's because I ensure they are, by updating the software from the very first day!

I cater to tens of thousands of games with this engine.
With such a vast number, it's simply beyond my capability to test all of them.

So, how do I maintain the smooth operation? Through your feedback.
I take note of any reported issues, address them, and roll out fixes in subsequent updates.
These 'updates' are the unseen heroes that keep you free from problems.

Plus, there are some who eagerly await the next "update", and you might not want to update immediately, keeping them in anticipation.

You might argue, "Then don't force updates. Allow people to choose when they want to update."

That was my initial approach, but experience showed that more often than not, when a user encountered a problem with a game, they wouldn't take the initiative to update.
Instead, they'd reach out to me with the issue, leaving me to handle the "unproductive feedback".

Despite being offered for free, these updates aren't exactly "free" for me.
My time and money go into creating these "free" updates, with costs including purchasing games and tools to ensure compatibility.

I only charge for translations, an area that demands substantial expenditure on my part, and even then, the price is significantly lower than directly using a translation engine.

And remember, these updates are readily available for free, just a few clicks away.

Isn't that a fair trade-off?

You're entirely within your rights not to use it, but don't question its efficiency.

-----------------------------
As for post-crash scenarios:

In case the tools haven't fully exited with a crash, you can locate the process in the Task Manager and terminate them.
Afterward, everything should return to normal.

Last edited:

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020
zths for what it is worth, i am grateful for you continuously updating and improving the app. Its literally one press of a button to update the Tool so it is not difficult nor hard. Again thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Reactions: zths

Extra Lewd

May 7, 2018
zths for what it is worth, i am grateful for you continuously updating and improving the app. Its literally one press of a button to update the Tool so it is not difficult nor hard. Again thank you for your hard work and dedication.
Try this:
Just run it before each start MTool (or less) to get latest version of app.
It's fine for me, but sometimes update tool as usual. To get all functions from MTool.

Also, I think, this topic should be renamed to "MTool: ... + press 999 clicks to update MTool to get one click machine translation feature" ;)

Ragingpeanut

Oct 28, 2020
Try this:
Just run it before each start MTool (or less) to get latest version of app.
It's fine for me, but sometimes update tool as usual. To get all functions from MTool.

Also, I think, this topic should be renamed to "MTool: ... + press 999 clicks to update MTool to get one click machine translation feature" ;)
I dont think you understood me, for i open MTool and i click on update tool and i am done, so no complaints from me here. Not sure where you get the 997 other clicks from :unsure:

• Angry
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes