Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
you tool is amazing BUT i feel so forced to pay for it.
like the backup went from a little time as i remember to 2h
the daily update what could easly be done weekly

dont get more wrong i think you did a great job even for free users (y)
and i should not complain
but i cant shake the feeling you do it to get people pay
i read they daily update reason to but still....

well its a matter of time before AI takes over anyway on translations they are already popping up here and there
1688782170851.png
As the size of the data grows, this time will only get longer.
-------------
About daily updates, or even several times a day.
Most users don't notice any issues because after the updates, the problems are resolved, not because they never existed.
I often find it frustrating when some misunderstand this, thinking the updates are 'fake' and created randomly just to get them to pay.
Picture this: It's like a gardener removing weeds from a garden overnight.
If you wake up to a clean, weed-free garden, would you think the gardener was just pretending to work

-------------
As for the "Force", i just do not have the power to force any one to use it..

It's like planting a tree. After all the watering and caring, of course I'm hoping for it to grow big and last for a long time!
-------------
If you want everything for free, maybe you should consider supporting communism — I hear they have some great sales!

Last edited:
Reactions: virio and caschque

KillMyDay

Jul 9, 2017
View attachment 2752805
As the size of the data grows, this time will only get longer.

-------------

About daily updates, or even several times a day.
If there is a problem, I'll fix it immediately. Do you want to make people wait for the weekly update to play the game that is affected by bugs?
Isn't my bug fix worth a few mouse clicks?

-------------

As for the "Force", i just do not have the power to force any one to use it..
fair on the time it explains a lot then because in the past it was like 20 min or so dont remember 100%

in case of the update i think you should make it free for all on a simple click like the paid have considering the amount of updates , but hey that's just me thinking out loud.

anyway great tool would love a way to update more easly even if its a free user

PS:
as you know free users alway find something to complain about :sneaky::sneaky::ROFLMAO:

also on the part of communism ..... your tool????? you mean our tool:cool:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: caschque

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
fair on the time it explains a lot then because in the past it was like 20 min or so dont remember 100%

in case of the update i think you should make it free for all on a simple click like the paid have considering the amount of updates , but hey that's just me thinking out loud.

anyway great tool would love a way to update more easly even if its a free user

PS:
as you know free users alway find something to complain about :sneaky::sneaky::ROFLMAO:

also on the part of communism ..... your tool????? you mean our tool:cool:
In the world of software development, striking a balance between free and paid services is a delicate task. I have chosen to make many features of my software free, not because they lack value, but because I believe in not completely alienating free users. However, this has led to a misconception that free things are worthless and that I am merely annoying users with complex update operations.

I must admit, I have mixed feelings towards free users. While they do bring a certain load to the system, I still believe in providing them with access to most of the software's features. This is not to devalue the software, but rather to ensure that it remains accessible to as many users as possible.

The updates, although they may seem frequent, are not intended to inconvenience users. In fact, they require less than ten mouse clicks to complete. The frequency of these updates may seem high, but I believe it's a small price to pay for a bug-free experience. After all, ensuring a software is free of bugs is not a simple task, and a few clicks from the users are a small contribution towards this goal.

However, I have intentionally made the experience for free users slightly less convenient. This is not to annoy them, but rather to subtly distinguish the seamless experience offered by the paid version. In reality, unless directly pointed out, users often fail to recognize the work that goes into maintaining and improving the software.

Tech-savvy users might be able to use other products and methods, whether simple or complex, to achieve similar or even superior results. But the fact is, these other methods often take longer and divert attention from the main objective - the 'gameplay'. Even if a tech-savvy user can accomplish the objective through other means, they might still run into issues like dealing with a bug in the middle of a thrilling game. My tool takes care of all these aspects. It’s not merely patchwork of different solutions, but a precise and surgical approach towards creating a seamless experience. And this is only possible due to rapid updates and meticulous implementation.

Users can indeed try to use translation engines for free through various means, but these methods often come with their own set of problems. They might not be fast or stable enough, they might require credit card binding, or they might even lead to an exploded bill after translating a large game. I have chosen not to allow users to input their own API keys for a reason. I aim to provide end users with the smoothest and most consistent experience. If some users could use the API and get high-quality translations for free, it would create a sense of unfairness. Plus, it's not as good as it sounds, considering the pricing issues I mentioned earlier.

The decision to request payment only in less noticeable areas and on some expensive translation engines is a conscious one. It's not about devaluing the free aspects of the software, but rather about subtly distinguishing the seamless experience offered by the paid version.

It's important to understand that my earnings not only support the development of the software but also cover the ongoing costs of various services. These include online translation services, CDN servers, purchasing a large number of games for testing to ensure accuracy (instead of randomly finding pirated versions online), buying professional software for development, and other miscellaneous expenses. These services and resources require continuous payments, a fact that cannot be overlooked.

I only charge users a modest fee of $3 to $15 per month, which is not expensive. If users were to look at the prices of translation engines, they would find that they are quite costly. Translating a single game could potentially cost more than my monthly fee. Yet, with my service, users can translate a large number of games for a low price. Therefore, I need a large number of users to share this cost. This is a win-win situation, not a one-sided benefit.

Ultimately, my goal is to encourage users to support these efforts financially. It's this support that allows us to continue providing, maintaining, and improving the software for everyone. I hope this clarifies my intentions and the value I place on both the free and paid aspects of my software.

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
I'm having a problem with this game:

It always stops the translation process at Data load status:192. I've tried clicking on the game window, leaving it for hours, deleting all the tool files and restarting. I tried last night and today.

1688840016248.png

caschque

Feb 5, 2018
In the world of software development, striking a balance between free and paid services is a delicate task. I have chosen to make many features of my software free, not because they lack value, but because I believe in not completely alienating free users. However, this has led to a misconception that free things are worthless and that I am merely annoying users with complex update operations.

[...]
Well written!

I wanted to offer some additional feedback for the future. As software development evolves, competition is on the rise with tools like ChatGPT entering the scene for translation purposes. To thrive amidst this competition, it's crucial to make your "product" truly exceptional. In your case, focusing on the smoothness, user interface, and the intricate details of format translation can set you apart. Without these differentiating factors, it may be challenging to generate substantial revenue, especially when individuals are publishing their own tools for free. Keep pushing the boundaries and addressing user needs to maintain your edge in the market.

PS: Sticking to no API-keys policy... not sure if that makes sense. You could offload quite some cost if you were to include those - maybe. It would be easier, but you'd make less money. That way though you could focus on other aspects.

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
Just came here to say thanks for the hard work on maintaining everything and esp the transparency youve said on your recent Patreon post .Ngl, When I first started your tool a year ago, I thought those frequent updates were fake and just there to force people to sub. It was annoying for the past few weeks when I was just starting to use your app, but as time goes by. I just learned to tolerate it and just go with the process.

Anyway,
Thanks for explaining everything and being awesome. Cheers

• Red Heart
Reactions: zths

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
Hello, random parts of this game (Ten-Oji!), aren't being translated is it possible to fix?
Apparently, the Game engine is smile game builder
DSCD.png

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Ok, so all the regular in-game text is now translated, but the status screen pages in the menu aren't completely translated, thank you for all your work
View attachment 2765962
1689226476561.png
This is my view..
Dosen't seems any errors in it.

Edit:
I did find something wrong, I'm checking it out, but it's not the same as your screenshot...

Last edited:

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
View attachment 2765980
This is my view..
Dosen't seems any errors in it.

Edit:
I did find something wrong, I'm checking it out, but it's not the same as your screenshot...
dcfedfced.png
Yeah I'm not sure what's wrong on my end it won't properly translate the MC and Aisha for me, Tulle is fine, I even redownload the game and translated it again and got the same result as before, well it's a small annoyance and it's not anything important, I can live with it

Last edited:

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
View attachment 2766001
Yeah I'm not sure what's wrong on my end it won't properly translate the MC and Aisha for me, Tulle is fine, I even redownload the game and translated it again and got the same result as before, well it's a small annoyance and it's not anything important, I can live with it
This is yet another story about wordwrap, I've fixed it, and given its minor impact, I'll hold the next update sometime.

Reactions: MangaKing

Guato

Jan 24, 2020
i have a question, i check the tool with the antiviruz and detected a troyano or someting like that.... is´s safe to use this tool?
i don´t want to delate all my pc stuff just by ussing this tool, i want to use it because is the best tool for translate this type of game but Mmmmmmmmmm, safe virus?

Oct 9, 2021
i have a question, i check the tool with the antiviruz and detected a troyano or someting like that.... is´s safe to use this tool?
i don´t want to delate all my pc stuff just by ussing this tool, i want to use it because is the best tool for translate this type of game but Mmmmmmmmmm, safe virus?
Your worries are warranted but on f95, you have to learn to fend for yourself. Anti-virus is not one-click all solution. You can check with different anti-viruses service using this: instead which is free. It has almost all anti-virus software. Asking if the software if it is safe, won't really help much. You really have to learn on being aware rather than trust issues. Know what you are doing and signing up for.

So far, this software is safe, no issues but still persistently gets flagged by anti-viruses because the software is not vetted by those companies. Your anti-virus just check it as false-positive (if you don't know that then you really need to learn).

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes