Tool RPGM MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Is there a reason the tool keeps closing after a while, I like to have my things locked during gameplay but it often keeps closing.
kind of out of memory i guess, you can press f12 on the tool, then when it crash, it will give you A crash reason.
Is it possible to add the Era Games, to the list of things that Mtool is able to translate?
It's something hard to tell, it's too many era engine...

Last edited:
Reactions: MangaKing

Psycho

Aug 28, 2016
I bought a kirikiri game from dlsite today cause the demo worked with mtool but it seems like the full version mtool wasn't able to recognize or run. I tried select each kirakira engine in the list but none seemed to work. I think the game might be encrypted. Any tips to get Mtool to work on it?

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Why was Google translate removed and we have to use Bing now? Bing has some pretty annoying translations for words like Boku.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I bought a kirikiri game from dlsite today cause the demo worked with mtool but it seems like the full version mtool wasn't able to recognize or run. I tried select each kirakira engine in the list but none seemed to work. I think the game might be encrypted. Any tips to get Mtool to work on it?
It may be due to playdrm, you can try to solve the problem by referring to the FAQ in the tool.
how do i overwrite the original text with mtl ones? so i could run it on joyplay translated
Unfortunately, there is no support for this feature.
Why was Google translate removed and we have to use Bing now? Bing has some pretty annoying translations for words like Boku.
What happen with google in mtool? Why it removed? Will it fixed in future update?
Probably won't come back, it's a bit expensive, and free users have increased too much lately.

ningen94

Feb 28, 2020
Sorry to bother, but why are there two copies of the translation data (TrsData)? The normal one and another one with the name of what site/program the translation software used. Exact same file size. I noticed this some time ago but only got around to asking now. I removed the one with the longer name and have noticed no issue, which is why I'm curious as to why it's there. Is it copyright related or something? Just curious is all, thanks.

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
A slight cosmetic bug:
When I start the program, it remember where I last placed it on the screen, except when I update, it always reopens centered on the screen.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Sorry to bother, but why are there two copies of the translation data (TrsData)? The normal one and another one with the name of what site/program the translation software used. Exact same file size. I noticed this some time ago but only got around to asking now. I removed the one with the longer name and have noticed no issue, which is why I'm curious as to why it's there. Is it copyright related or something? Just curious is all, thanks.
It's a backup, nothing important, you can delete it.
so when i run the program it always shows up as a grey screen with nw.js written on it any reason why?
re'download it, check the Tool folder, see if package.json exists.
if not exists try unzip with other software.
A slight cosmetic bug:
When I start the program, it remember where I last placed it on the screen, except when I update, it always reopens centered on the screen.
This is a known problem, a compromise to prevent another problem.

Lucas90251

Dec 2, 2017
It's a backup, nothing important, you can delete it.

re'download it, check the Tool folder, see if package.json exists.
if not exists try unzip with other software.

This is a known problem, a compromise to prevent another problem.
okay it works now for some reason important folders & files were outside the Tool folder so i put them back in and it works now

Oct 26, 2017
MTool seems to have a hard time hooking to embedded games for translation data. The translation tab stops at about 60-70 data folder files depending on the game and stays there (no crashes, it just pauses forever).

The games get detected just fine though, it's just not possible to conveniently grab the strings that way.

zths

Modder
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
MTool seems to have a hard time hooking to embedded games for translation data. The translation tab stops at about 60-70 data folder files depending on the game and stays there (no crashes, it just pauses forever).

The games get detected just fine though, it's just not possible to conveniently grab the strings that way.
What game, what name.

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Probably won't come back, it's a bit expensive, and free users have increased too much lately.
I understand, do what you got to do, but man. MTool has become significantly less useful as a translator with the loss of Google. I'm seeing Bing translate whole sentences as just "Ah ♥" or something else without a semblance of context. Google was bad, but not this bad. I'm having to constantly tab out of the game into MTool and click "Main" then "View Active Event" so I can manually copy the text for Textractor to translate it from the clipboard. That's why I said if you can, please add a hotkey to view the current active event. It'll at least help automate the translation process for your users with no impact to you.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes